Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Integer

I could use a little help

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm 16 and just started going to gym a month ago, I'm really skinny and after a few weeks i can feel my muscles growing a bit, or maybe its just my head playing tricks, I have a exercises plan that helps me achieve what i want, but i would like to know what kinds of foods would help me gain weight in a healthy way, i heard pasta and tuna are good, anything else (things that i can easily buy at a super market)?

-Thanks

I had a friend that's really skinny and he asked the PT at our gym and she told him 'ice cream, lots and lots of ice cream' I'm no PT or anything like that but sounds pretty fucking stupid lol, but you never know, I personally try stay away from dairy but I'm a different body type to you.

Protein, you gotta have that protein to gain muscle. Experts suggest at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight. This would mean 150 grams a day if you are 150 pounds. Eat grilled chicken, tuna, peanut butter, whey protein shakes, peanuts, ground turkey/beef, Greek yogurt, eggs, etc. All other calories can come from eating carbs/fats. Eat above your calorie maintenance to gain muscle weight.

Protein = for building muscle

Carbs = for fueling muscle

anything else is extra, dont let em tell you otherwise. 

1 person likes this

You should go with higher fat/protein diet.  Take in alot of peanut butter.  For the protein I always stick to chicken, salmon, tilapia, and tuna.  Most people want short term results in a game that takes a long term commitment. Just keep the protein going in and keep workout, it will happen in time. 

Never forget that you will create your muscles in the kitchen. Without eating like you should be, you'll never become like you want to be.

1 person likes this

The secret to healthily gaining mass, (the more muscle mass the better I take it?) would be to track your macro-nutrients, and go from there to see how much you need to eat a day in order to gain muscle.

There are countless of ideologies out there regarding diets, find a carb / Protein / fat split which sounds reasonable to you, and write down the nutrients in everything you consume. A great tool to help you out would be myfitnesspal, you can download it to your phone as well as log in from your computer, and just type in the brand and name of the product you're consuming and it'll automatically count the nutrients in the food.

Protip: Stay away from Gainer prodcuts, they're unhealthy, overpriced and useless. You get as many carbs from 2-3 banans as you get from one gainer shake. If you are to purchase a protein supplement, stick to Whey. 

Best of luck!