Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
JustJ

JustJ Scripter Application

Posted (edited)
  1. Snippets:
    None - I haven't produced anything really unique and generic yet. I could potentially make my "easy to use" paint into a clean snippet, but personally think it looks a bit crap so doubt people would want to use it.
  2. Tutorials:
    None
  3. Open source scripts available to the public (Three scripts are required):   Source for all three can be found here, or on their thread post:
    https://github.com/JustJ-Tribot/PublicScripts/tree/master/justj
    You'll have to forgive the "pathfinding" on my arceuus library script a bit - There's probably 50 better ways I could have done it but it does work.

4. Short biography / Coding Experience:
    I'm a junior software engineer working with spring boot and vue who got bored of the wintertodt grind so looked for an easy way out, so JustWintertodt was born. Whilst still quite junior, I am still a developer by trade and so have basic oop knowledge ect. I'm always up for learning more, especially things that will help me professionally as well as just scripting bots.
    I'm always happy to help with any programming or general questions people might have - while I haven't been around for long I have been helping people where I can.
    I've still got a lot to learn and hope to create more scripts that get me thinking a bit more, I've been recently working on my "F2p AIO runescape" script which has forced me to think about more than just perform the same action in a loop - plus make a GUI that's not crap. Next steps for what I want to achieve is to have dynamic signatures and also look at using java sockets.

5. Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter:
    Deserve is a funny word. I hope to continue to provide good quality scripts to the tribot community, learning more about botting and programming along the way to hopefully give more back.

6. What you plan to provide the community with:
    Some quality scripts. The main reason I'm applying is I want access to Tribot Mobile to play around with it and potentially make some scripts for it depending on how complicated it ends up being (I haven't done anything with colour bots in the past, I'm spoilt by the tribot API)

7. Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community?
    Yes. I won't delete the existing scripts off my github and will likely make my AIO runescape open source once I'm more happy with it - At the moment it's a bit rough around the edges.

@Netami Thanks, happy to hear about nit picks if you have them - It's probably things that haven't occured to me and won't unless someone points them out

Edited by JustJ

Certainly some room for growth and improvement, but that's what the scripter rank is all about. You have a good sense of scripting/our API so far so I'm excited to see you continue to expand upon that. Usually I'd list a few things that are incorrect/could be improved, but most of it would be nit-picky. Yes from me

• Our picks

• To better support the upcoming changes (TRiBot X, new repository), we're switching our login handler to Auth0. Instead of logging in with the standard form, you'll now be required to login through our Auth0 application.

All existing accounts which have been used within approximately the past year have been imported into Auth0 using the same email and password combination which has been stored on the forums.

What does this mean for users?

Your account credentials are now even more securely stored

You'll be able to login via Facebook, Google, and others in the future

Is there anything users have to do differently now?

Existing users: You'll have to login with the standard login, open your Account Settings, then link your Auth0 account

New users: You'll be redirected to our Auth0 app (auth.tribot.org) where you'll be able to create an account

Why was this change made?

The new apps we are creating (such as the new repository) aren't able to use the forums to handle user logins

To centralize all user accounts in one area

To ensure that the client login doesn't go down when the forums are having problems

To speed up our development

Other considerations

There's no documentation or official support for using Invision Community combined with Auth0, so there are still a few kinks we're working out

We're in the works of creating an account management panel specifically for Auth0 accounts (ETA August)

It's not possible to change email addresses for the time being (this will be resolved this August)

Changing passwords is a weird process for the time being. To change your password, you'll have to use the "Don't remember your password" tool on the Auth0 login page
      • 10 replies
    • Over the past month, we've been working hard on TRiBot's new repository - a much needed update. This change has been deemed necessary for TRiBot X, and will allow us to really speed up development of all aspects of TRiBot.

Today we are going to share what we've been working on!

Now you must be wondering what kind of features the new repository will have.... well, you'll have to be patient for a little while longer. We're still figuring out various technical aspects so we can't provide answers to all possible questions. We're also focusing on development rather than writing about it so that everyone can get access to our latest developments at lightning speed. I will however answer a few users' questions.

We're planning on a release of this early to mid August, giving users some goodies before TRiBot X's release.

Thank you all for being patient. I hope everyone is excited as much as I am!
      • 17 replies
    • Over the past few months, I’ve been working diligently on a new project - TRiBot X. Everything has been written from the ground up, with all of the best practices of software engineering. Every aspect of TRiBot has been re-imagined to support three main goals: flexibility, useability, and reliability.
      • 50 replies
    • Come give us feedback on the next version of TRiBot!
        • Thanks
      • 86 replies
    • TRiBot is looking to improve a lot of its customer relationship management, customer on boarding process, customer experience, design elements, community engagement and pretty much everything else you can imagine when it comes to marketing.

Our goal: To ensure that the marketing done TRULY reflects the experience and does not shine an inaccurate light on what TRiBot is lacking in.

So I ask, what do you love about TRiBot and what do you hate about TRiBot? What does O S Bot, Rune M8, PowR Bot and Dre amBot do better? (yes I purposely didn't spell it right 😂).

Love, 

RileyZ
      • 26 replies