Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
ah12ims1

pulling my hair out, looking glass works, but very selectively

as the title suggests, it works, but my issue is that for me it only works with OSbuddy. 

this is what i have installed for java ip6hOAR.png 

however when i try and open the runelite (or open osrs) jar file i get this error zMeqoI7.png

so, i inquired about what i should do to get RL or OPRS working, i installed JDK 11 (also 13 after to check if there was any diff, but none).

this lead to RL working, but then my Tribot loader AND my OSB wouldnt load.

my tribot loader didnt even give an error, it just didnt open, and my OSB gave this error i0TlHnC.png

can someone please help me out, i just want to use tribot looking glass witrh runelite instead of OSB

It sounds like you currently have a version of Java 11 installed, which is preventing TRiBot from loading. So the first thing to do is uninstall that first. Then uninstall the following:

• Java 8 Update 251
  • Java 8 Update 251 (64 Bit)
  • Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 251

At this point the only Java versions you want to be listed in your Add/Remove programs list are:

• Java 8 Update 201 (64 Bit)
  • Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 201 (64 Bit)

You should now have the right Java versions to use Looking Glass. At this point you have three options for a client, you can use the OSBuddy.jar, our Java 8 build of OpenOSRS or one of the few browsers which support Java applets still, which I believe are just PaleMoon and Waterfox Classic (however, I do not recommend this option, as it can be finnicky at times, but some users swear by it). Using one of the clients I listed above should have you up and running!

RuneLite is not supported in any form due to their obfuscation of their gamepack.

I would also say that if it doesnt work using Java JDK 8 Update 201 (64bit) which doesnt work on my system. You could try using Java JDK 8 update 102 (32bit) which is the only version that works on my Windows 10 Pro Laptop. I use Osbuddy with Looking Glass and it is the only Java version that works for me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By rajche
      Hello guys. I've tried every possible setup with java jdk 1.8.0_202 and java jdk 1.8.0_252. Osbuddy, openosrs, every guide found on forum so far, and yet i my looking glass can't seem to find osbuddy or openosrs or any client for that matter. I've deleted hooks, followed natan script that deletes cache/hooks/everything, but so far i'm stuck not being able to load it, also tried updating java policy for full permissions. . Can someone suggest something that i might be overlooking?
      (I've tried this with windows 7 32 bit, windows 10 64bit(reinstalled both 2x)), same problem. I have it running with no problems with the same steps i did on a computer just next to me. I do not understand at this point what am I doing wrong? Can someone please guide me?
    • By lau1992
      Hi!
      I was playing around with a VM as it is easier to manage multiple instances for me personally on my local machine (I do not use proxies, but use a vpn). But I can't get LG to work... On my local machine everything runs smooth, but on the VM it always says "looking for OSRS client" (you know the message). I have the same configuration as on my local machine.
      Is there a configuration property to be set on VM level or something? 
      All suggestions are welcome!
      --------Specs of the VM:
      - Clean install with VMware Workstation 15 Player running Windows 7 Ultimate (also tested with Windows 10 with VirtualBox)
      - Java JDK 8u251
      - OSBuddy.jar
      - Tribot loader 4.0.4

• By briareos2285
      Just got a new Windows 10 Home x64 Laptop. Going through my usual install method and finding that I cant get looking glass to work. I have followed a few "old" guides, because I cant find any that are more recent. I am installing Java SE Development Kit 8u251, I am choosing the x86 version since the only OSbuddy cross platform .jar  file is 32bit. Its worked fine in the past. I then open Osbuddy, and then Open Tribot. I leave it on the default Tribot Version of 10.24.1. I select the java version for Tribot to use to be the JDK and not the jre. I changed the Heap Size to 1024 MB and login. I minimize Osbuddy, then I click New Client(Looking Glass). The Screen goes to black and says " Waiting for a Runescape client.... currently waiting for a valid client. List of detected java applications below." and there is nothing Below. I also tried a backup method that used to work as well, which was to instead click New Client (Osbuddy) and then manually select the Osbuddy .jar file which would open up Osbuddy and Create a Looking Glass Tab that mirrored Osbuddy. This no longer happens either. Ive also deleted the Hooks and Caches using Naton's Java Executable. I have also defined the correct Paths in my Computers Environment Variables.
      Im at a loss for what to do. Any help greatly appreciated
    • By joewhite1997
      whenever i load the bot client, (just spent ages with jar fix and reinstalling all java to my pc several times as client stoppped working for me. The looking glass window just loads a blank black screen? any help would be greatly appreciated, first time back on rs and botting for a long time.
    • By witn6ss
      Hey guys, I'm currently a VIP member and LG is not showing up for me. It has always shown up and worked before but it isnt now and i just renewed my vip today. i've tried closing and re-opening tribot as well as re-installing it. please help if you can, thanks.
    • By TheIronPride
      Hey everyone i been using looking glass for a few months now, and just today i no longer see it as an option, i only see "new Client" and "New Client (advanced)" where there is normally a "new Client (looking Glass)" option, any suggestions?
    • By acezeps
      Used tribot for about a year now, running lg only the entire time. ive always been able to fix errors that would come up but since the update my Lookingglass has been broken. Tried everything I know how to do ie. Uninstall everything and download proper osbuddy,tribot, and java jdk downloads. 
      running into the same error over and over again, and my debug log at the bottom spams errors non-stop, took a while to even be able to see some words cause it was spamming so fast.
      Heres mostly what its saying in the debug, any help would be wonderful. Love everything about tribot, hope someone could help a brother out.

Debug:

debug log.txt
  • Our picks

• Hello everyone,

Last week we tried to roll out Auth0 Login, but we lost that battle. Now it's time to win the war!

Important changes

When logging into the client, you'll now have to enter your Auth0 account credentials instead of your forums credentials

Note: 2FA is still handled through your forums account (for the time being)

Changes for existing users

You'll have to link your Auth0 account to your forums account here: https://tribot.org/forums/settings/login/?service=11

Auth0 accounts have been created for most existing users. Please use your forums email address and password to login.

Important notes

Make sure to verify your email address upon creating a new Auth0 account

When we mention your Auth0 account, we mean your account used for auth.tribot.org as displayed below
      • 64 replies
    • To better support the upcoming changes (TRiBot X, new repository), we're switching our login handler to Auth0. Instead of logging in with the standard form, you'll now be required to login through our Auth0 application.

All existing accounts which have been used within approximately the past year have been imported into Auth0 using the same email and password combination which has been stored on the forums.

What does this mean for users?

Your account credentials are now even more securely stored

You'll be able to login via Facebook, Google, and others in the future

Is there anything users have to do differently now?

Existing users: You'll have to login with the standard login, open your Account Settings, then link your Auth0 account

New users: You'll be redirected to our Auth0 app (auth.tribot.org) where you'll be able to create an account

Why was this change made?

The new apps we are creating (such as the new repository) aren't able to use the forums to handle user logins

To centralize all user accounts in one area

To ensure that the client login doesn't go down when the forums are having problems

To speed up our development

Other considerations

There's no documentation or official support for using Invision Community combined with Auth0, so there are still a few kinks we're working out

We're in the works of creating an account management panel specifically for Auth0 accounts (ETA August)

It's not possible to change email addresses for the time being (this will be resolved this August)

Changing passwords is a weird process for the time being. To change your password, you'll have to use the "Don't remember your password" tool on the Auth0 login page
      • 11 replies
    • Over the past month, we've been working hard on TRiBot's new repository - a much needed update. This change has been deemed necessary for TRiBot X, and will allow us to really speed up development of all aspects of TRiBot.

Today we are going to share what we've been working on!

Now you must be wondering what kind of features the new repository will have.... well, you'll have to be patient for a little while longer. We're still figuring out various technical aspects so we can't provide answers to all possible questions. We're also focusing on development rather than writing about it so that everyone can get access to our latest developments at lightning speed. I will however answer a few users' questions.

We're planning on a release of this early to mid August, giving users some goodies before TRiBot X's release.

Thank you all for being patient. I hope everyone is excited as much as I am!
      • 17 replies
    • Over the past few months, I’ve been working diligently on a new project - TRiBot X. Everything has been written from the ground up, with all of the best practices of software engineering. Every aspect of TRiBot has been re-imagined to support three main goals: flexibility, useability, and reliability.
      • 50 replies
    • Come give us feedback on the next version of TRiBot!
        • Thanks
      • 86 replies