• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
ScriptsForMains

ScriptsForMains scripter application

Posted (edited)

1) Snippets: Posted some but can't seem to find them...  Stuff about randomizing bank withdraw order, how-to's about things people asked me.  The profile section only goes back so far and I can't seem to find the posts.  

2) Tutorials: 

3) Randoms/updates submitted: None

4) Scripts available to the public:

Older script before I was as familiar with Tribot (and Java) but it has ABC2: 

Draynor agility course using DaxWalker:

Simple cannon script:

Github for all three scripts: [Source]

5) Short biography / Coding Experience: [1-2 short paragraphs]
I'm a PhD student in a computer vision lab... I'm a neuroscientist but the things we study are highly related to computer vision. I started programming java in AP programming back in high school.  I started botting back then, mostly using macro programs.  I quit when they took away the wilderness and came back sporadically since the return of OSRS.  I've slowly learned more and more CS during my college career... Ready to use it for some Runescapin'. Recently I designed a neural simulator completely in java...  It's really upped my understanding of a lot of things.  

6) Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter: [1-3 short paragraphs]
My coding when I started on Tribot wasn't the best but I've vastly improved over the past couple years.  I like the Tribot community, people are really helpful. They've helped me a lot with my java, and although other bots are out there, I've put my eggs in the Tribot basket. 
I've tried to be helpful on forums.  I haven't been active for the past few months due to an extremely hectic real life but when I am around, I'm pretty active in discord and forums.  I like helping people and always respond when someone messages me.  I've learned the API pretty well and have a whole slew of bots that I used to nearly max an old account.  

7) What you plan to provide the community with: [1-3 short Paragraphs]
I really want to get in on the mobile botting.  Being part of a computer vision lab puts me in a unique position to really help foster what could be a great botting resource.  
I also have more than 20 scripts that I've used and an antiban method that creates unique antiban based off usernames for some of them.  The scripts I submitted aren't my best work, they're just old scripts that I don't mind giving away for free...  I'd like to eventually become a premium scripter and fill the gap in Tribot's script pool 

😎 Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community? [YES/NO] Not sure if this is a legitimate requirement since not a single scripter keeps open source code...  But I'll say yes?

Replies to people's posts...
Thanks WillB, it used to be an "OpenSource" repository (hence the name).  Forgot I switched it over to private when I planned on never applying for scripter rank. 

Bbuu20 - Your concern is understandable.  If you had been around 3 months ago and for the year before that, you would have seen that I was very active. I switched labs in my PhD program which isn't something that happens all the time... In fact, most people never switch.  My professor left my university so it was a pretty out-of-the-ordinary scenario.  I took my scripts down because I didn't want a bunch of new scripters using my exact timings for things like walking, waiting to retry actions, etc.  With just me using it, the ban rate was essentially 0 for my scripts.  I was nervous that with a bunch of people using them, my accounts would start getting banned.  As a premium scripter, I'd integrate  something I've already started on for massively used scripts. As for not checking if the Github worked...  It was late last night, I wanted to get the application in before bed. I had previously taken all the scripts off of it but forgot I had turned it private so people couldn't go in to past commits to find everything.  An easy mistake to make... I didn't mean to have it seem like I didn't care about the application.  I think the super intense java-doc in my code shows the amount of effort that's gone into this.  Even if only a fraction of that was shown in my application. 

Edited by ScriptsForMains
Replying...

Array
7 hours ago, WillB said:

Your GitHub repo is either private or doesn't exist, fix please :)

Same could be said about yours: https://github.com/Will--B/

I'm voting no based on the laziness/haste of this application alone. I understand you've been told that the scripter rank is easier to obtain now than it used to be, but you are extremely far from being an active user, and you don't even have vip. When is the last time you tested one of these scripts? Clearly, they haven't been tested in months, since it appears you haven't been vip since October.

In your first scripter app, you said "Of course, life happens and it's possible that I'll never get around to a bunch of AIO premium scripts...  If not, at least the community is left with a bunch of high-quality free scripts", and then proceeded to remove all your scripts, as well as their source code, once "life happened". All of your scripts posted here were uploaded last night, and you didn't even make sure the link to your github worked before posting your application.

Last night on discord, you said:

"Too much work to justify spending time doing this. Now I'm quarantined and have a bit of time."

The whole point of making the scripter application process more forgiving is to allow active members of the tribot community to write quality, open source scripts, without needing to pay the $8/month for vip. At this time, you are not at all an active member of the tribot community, and you pretty much admitted you will leave again once you are no longer quarantined.

My opinion doesn't matter as much as some other's here, but I feel this application was very rushed, with little effort put into it. I believe a scripter should need to prove they are an active member of the community, and shouldn't admit they are only here because they have some extra time for a few weeks/months. I would be much more inclined to vote yes if you were to stick around at least for a few weeks before applying for scripter.

I would also like to make it clear that I don't mean to insult you with anything I've said, I just really want my opinion to be heard about this application. I really feel it would be a spit in the face to myself, and all the other scripters on tribot, if such a low effort application is approved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Almost exactly one year ago, you posted a scripter application. Here was my response, verbatim:

I agree with @Netami about your enthusiasm, but our scripter standards are a bit higher than the code you've shown.

A few points:

1. You need better separation of functionality. You should utilize the tools that object oriented programming gives you. Currently, you solve many problems with ifs and loops, when they could be better solved via classes, enums, polymorphism, or simply methods with return types.
2. While clean code is less important for scripting, we would still like to see at least some demonstration of your knowledge in that domain. After all, if we know that you can produce clean code, we know that you'll be in a much better spot when your code breaks and you need to update it, therefore making you less of a liability if you have high-profile scripts.
3. The scripts you've shown, while great, are too small. I currently don't know if you can handle a script with a lot of functionality. I consider that a requirement for scripter rank. Even if it's a simple AIO miner or WCer, as long as it reacts to various situations.
4. I'd like to see at least some GUI code. It doesn't have to look pretty, but GUIs are important for scripts with any sort of complexity.

That being said, you're on the right track. If you need help, be sure to post in the TRibot Discord or in the relevant sections in the forums. If I see them, I'll try to respond when I can.

Good luck, and thank you for applying!

All four points remain true, a year later, with this new application.

And I have a few more:

1. Your script threads and script descriptions on the repo are bottom of the barrel efforts. It's okay to only post public scripts for the goal of getting scripter rank, but you need to at least put forth some miniscule amount of effort to show that your scripts are actually meant to benefit users. No descriptions, no setup instructions, no listed features, nothing. Sorry, but that's not a good look for tribot in general. I honestly don't even think they're up to the standards for normal users, let alone a scripter.
  2. I think you have the programming skill to become a scripter. But there is a severe lack of effort and seemingly no response to feedback.

The scripts I submitted aren't my best work, they're just old scripts that I don't mind giving away for free...

We make these decisions on what you show us. Whether or not it's your best work doesn't matter. Listen, it's okay to not want to make some of your work free, but that's not an excuse for demonstrating tiny scripts that barely do anything. 

If you want to show us how amazingly you can code a script without revealing your best work, then make something common. Make an AIO miner or something. There's literally dozens of free AIO miners. Users probably won't even care about yours, so it's a good way to show us how you can make a usable GUI and a multi-featured script with options and variable logic.

I also have more than 20 scripts that I've used and an antiban method that creates unique antiban based off usernames for some of them

This is vague and unverifiable information.

Edited by wastedbro

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bbuu20 said:

Same could be said about yours: https://github.com/Will--B/

I'm voting no based on the laziness/haste of this application alone. I understand you've been told that the scripter rank is easier to obtain now than it used to be, but you are extremely far from being an active user, and you don't even have vip. When is the last time you tested one of these scripts? Clearly, they haven't been tested in months, since it appears you haven't been vip since October.

In your first scripter app, you said "Of course, life happens and it's possible that I'll never get around to a bunch of AIO premium scripts...  If not, at least the community is left with a bunch of high-quality free scripts", and then proceeded to remove all your scripts, as well as their source code, once "life happened". All of your scripts posted here were uploaded last night, and you didn't even make sure the link to your github worked before posting your application.

Last night on discord, you said:

"Too much work to justify spending time doing this. Now I'm quarantined and have a bit of time."

The whole point of making the scripter application process more forgiving is to allow active members of the tribot community to write quality, open source scripts, without needing to pay the $8/month for vip. At this time, you are not at all an active member of the tribot community, and you pretty much admitted you will leave again once you are no longer quarantined.

My opinion doesn't matter as much as some other's here, but I feel this application was very rushed, with little effort put into it. I believe a scripter should need to prove they are an active member of the community, and shouldn't admit they are only here because they have some extra time for a few weeks/months. I would be much more inclined to vote yes if you were to stick around at least for a few weeks before applying for scripter.

I would also like to make it clear that I don't mean to insult you with anything I've said, I just really want my opinion to be heard about this application. I really feel it would be a spit in the face to myself, and all the other scripters on tribot, if such a low effort application is approved.

Yes mine is unavailable due to a name change on my GitHub account, you've also pulled that from my application which is over 4 years old. 🙂

Edited by WillB

The scripts you applied with do not qualify for this application due to low effort.

Therefore I'm denying this application, I don't think you actually want to provide a service for people at TRiBot. I mean you didn't even write a single sentence about your scripts in your forum post. You literally created them for this application. I think you are approaching this all wrong, you're not proving to anybody that you're an asset to the community. Only an asset to yourself.