• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Sign in to follow this  
Gusto`

How to use Proxy peoperly?

I want to start my 2nd account and grow little by little, I got few questions for you guys :)

1) how do I do it safe so the accounts won't be chained together?

2) whats the best proxy service out there? I need one that is also cheap.

3) is there any sites that I can pay monthly for unlimited proxies for different accounts?

4) if I buy a script that can run 5 accounts at one time. and I want to run 10, I need to buy the script twice monthly?

5) is there a maximum number of clients/accounts/bots I can run at the same time here in Tribot?

Any other tips you guys got for a new member I will be happy to hear thanks! :) 

Edited by Gusto`

https://rsbotspot.com/post/all-about-proxies-for-runescape-botting/

https://rsbotspot.com/post/how-to-use-proxies-with-tribot/

2) Any "Private socks proxy" works, can Google to find lots of providers. See my sig for some recommendations + coupon codes.

3) Most charge per proxy per month. Other models exist too though, may be able to pay per month for unlimited, but they may only last a few hours/days each.

4) Yes.

5) No limit. Just need VIP and if it's a premium script just purcahse enough auths.

Edited by YoHoJo

15 hours ago, YoHoJo said:

https://rsbotspot.com/post/all-about-proxies-for-runescape-botting/

https://rsbotspot.com/post/how-to-use-proxies-with-tribot/

2) Any "Private socks proxy" works, can Google to find lots of providers. See my sig for some recommendations + coupon codes.

3) Most charge per proxy per month. Other models exist too though, may be able to pay per month for unlimited, but they may only last a few hours/days each.

4) Yes.

5) No limit. Just need VIP and if it's a premium script just purcahse enough auths.

Those proxies suck ass. OP Make sure you buy resi proxies because if you buy any of those proxies you will get banned sooner rather than later

19 minutes ago, thepope821 said:

Those proxies suck ass. OP Make sure you buy resi proxies because if you buy any of those proxies you will get banned sooner rather than later

why?

I got the first proxy from Proxy Fish for 3.5$ a month

if I get a ban on that proxy can I just change the IP and keep the bill the same? Or I need to disable this one then go buy a new one?

that will kill my profits if I will have to pay 3.5$ (new proxy for new account if I get banned in one)?

EDIT: 

WOW, I bought this proxy for my mule I made everything right regarding to opening the account with the new proxy (using maxthon).

I just got banned now (I did not even bot using this proxy/account) 

WTF SHOULD I DO all the money/items was in the mule 😐

EDIT2: 

This is super WIERD! I made a GMX email for this mule account that got banned.

I'm trying to access the email but its blocked too! I got this messege "Dear GMX member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account."

Edited by Gusto`

I got this from jagex also

"We’re getting in touch with you because after reviewing your account we’ve noticed that you may have broken one of our game rules. 

You’ll probably like to know why we did this and it’ll only take a moment to find out. 

Please click the word 'Account' on our website which you will find near the top right of your screen once you are at PHISHING_LINK 

From there you will need to log in to your account and then you'll see your account management sections. 

Head to the section titled 'Account Status' to see more information about your recent offence. 

For some offences you can see evidence relating to the offence and members can also appeal any mute offences directly from their account management section. 

Thanks for reading. "

The proxy you bought is identifiable as a proxy.

GMX saw that your account was accessed via proxy. Perhaps they thought it was a hacker attacking your account, or maybe someone doing something shady on their service. So they just blocked the account. A lot of services refuse to service people using proxies because they don't want to deal with the headache that comes with people hiding their identity. Either that or they profit in some way by knowing your identity.

Similarly, Jagex banned you because they saw a new account on a proxy that just got traded a bunch of items. Very obviously either RWT or botting. 

Another possible explanation is that the IP you got is blacklisted by both GMX and Jagex. That's pretty unlikely, though, that someone got IP banned from both those services with that specific proxy IP. I highly doubt this is the case. If only your RS account got banned, this explanation would be more likely.

Proxies cause bans. I don't recommend using them unless you really know what you're doing. Had you not used a proxy, both of your accounts would probably be alive assuming you didn't do anything too suspicious on your alt.

I recommend just botting an alt and ensuring your alt and main aren't logged in at the same time. Don't bother with proxies. You're main will most likely be fine. It's not guaranteed, though. If you want to be guaranteed safe, then your only option is to keep shelling out cash for proxies or a VPS or something and dealing with the highly increased banrate that comes with it.

9 minutes ago, wastedbro said:

imilarly, Jagex banned you because they saw a new account on a proxy that just got traded a bunch of items. Very o

10 minutes ago, wastedbro said:

The proxy you bought is identifiable as a proxy.

GMX saw that your account was accessed via proxy. Perhaps they thought it was a hacker attacking your account, or maybe someone doing something shady on their service. So they just blocked the account. A lot of services refuse to service people using proxies because they don't want to deal with the headache that comes with people hiding their identity. Either that or they profit in some way by knowing your identity.

Similarly, Jagex banned you because they saw a new account on a proxy that just got traded a bunch of items. Very obviously either RWT or botting. 

Another possible explanation is that the IP you got is blacklisted by both GMX and Jagex. That's pretty unlikely, though, that someone got IP banned from both those services with that specific proxy IP. I highly doubt this is the case. If only your RS account got banned, this explanation would be more likely.

Proxies cause bans. I don't recommend using them unless you really know what you're doing. Had you not used a proxy, both of your accounts would probably be alive assuming you didn't do anything too suspicious on your alt.

I recommend just botting an alt and ensuring your alt and main aren't logged in at the same time. Don't bother with proxies. You're main will most likely be fine. It's not guaranteed, though. If you want to be guaranteed safe, then your only option is to keep shelling out cash for proxies or a VPS or something and dealing with the highly increased banrate that comes with it.

Thanks for your reply.

If I am planning for a 20-30 account gold farm? what should I use in this case? I won't bot 30 account on the same IP that would be dumb no?

and this proxy made me just trouble :( 

If I use VPN service? will it be any different?

how do ppl use proxies if that is the case ?

2 minutes ago, Gusto` said:

Thanks for your reply.

If I am planning for a 20-30 account gold farm? what should I use in this case? I won't bot 30 account on the same IP that would be dumb no?

and this proxy made me just trouble :( 

If I use VPN service? will it be any different?

how do ppl use proxies if that is the case ?

If you can't bot a single account, you're not going to be able to bot 20-30.

Start with 1-3. And a VPN is roughly the same as a proxy. It just applies globally to your whole system.

I honestly don't know how people use proxies. Very rarely does someone say "wow, my botfarm was struggling until I bought these proxies!". The only time people even talk about proxies is either to sell them or complain about how they still got banned.

You're mostly just going to have to try stuff. If it works, keep going. If not, try something else. That's the best advice I can give. Oh, and avoid f2p botting. You'll never profit. 

• Like 1

so how should I manage to run 3+ accounts?

Im running 3 on my IP at the moment but dont want to run more on the same IP

and getting instant ban with the proxy was a real bummer to me..

how should I get more accounts running? should I use VPN or it is the same?

I bought from fish proxies, is that a bad company?

When I bought the proxy I got it in Canada, does that matter?

22 minutes ago, Gusto` said:

so how should I manage to run 3+ accounts?

Im running 3 on my IP at the moment but dont want to run more on the same IP

and getting instant ban with the proxy was a real bummer to me..

how should I get more accounts running? should I use VPN or it is the same?

I bought from fish proxies, is that a bad company?

When I bought the proxy I got it in Canada, does that matter?

Im using fish proxy but before I used it on my bots I did an IP check of them to see if they're detected as proxies, they came back clean. I'm not banned yet but will see. This is my first time using it so I'm experimenting
I think you simply got a bad proxy, esp since your mail provider blocked it too.

As for trading items to it, yeah don't. Instant flag on new accounts.
Also mules should not be used on proxies IMO.

17 minutes ago, pwnisher said:

Im using fish proxy but before I used it on my bots I did an IP check of them to see if they're detected as proxies, they came back clean. I'm not banned yet but will see. This is my first time using it so I'm experimenting
I think you simply got a bad proxy, esp since your mail provider blocked it too.

As for trading items to it, yeah don't. Instant flag on new accounts.
Also mules should not be used on proxies IMO.

How do you do that check to see if they detect the proxy?

16 minutes ago, Gusto` said:

How do you do that check to see if they detect the proxy?

34 minutes ago, pwnisher said:

I did an IP check of them to see if they're detected as proxies, they came back clean.

While that's a good first step, it's not guaranteed. Most web services that are trying to stop proxy users built their own blacklist/greylist of IP metadata.

For example, those generic websites may not recognize the hostname or provider of the IP, and therefore determine it as not a proxy. But if Jagex sees that 95% of all accounts using an IP with that data end up being banned, then it's a pretty good indicator that the provider is not a legitimate ISP. 

This isn't Jagex specific. It's roughly an industry standard for any webservices that don't like proxy users. Ecommerce in particular is plagued with bots of the same nature.

And let's say Jagex doesn't have enough data to determine you're using a proxy. Let's say they are 30% sure because the provider is unknown and never used by any other players. That's still a higher risk factor than using an IP from Comcast, AT&T, Spectrum, Verizon, etc.

Edited by wastedbro

4 minutes ago, wastedbro said:

While that's a good first step, it's not guaranteed. Most web services that are trying to stop proxy users built their own blacklist/greylist of IP metadata.

For example, those generic websites may not recognize the hostname or provider of the IP, and therefore determine it as not a proxy. But if Jagex sees that 95% of all accounts using an IP with that data end up being banned, then it's a pretty good indicator that the provider is not a legitimate ISP. 

This isn't Jagex specific. It's roughly an industry standard for any webservices that don't like proxy users. Ecommerce in particular is plagued with bots of the same nature.

And let's say Jagex doesn't have enough data to determine you're using a proxy. Let's say they are 30% sure because the provider is unknown and never used by any other players. That's still a higher risk factor than using an IP from Comcast, AT&T, Spectrum, Verizon, etc.

All correct!

Either way it all comes down to the golden rule. Don't do dodgy stuff on accounts you care about and find a way to transfer your farm wealth to legit mules without direct trades.

@Gusto the real (and in my opinion) only reason to use proxy is to avoid chain bans. It doesn't prevent it

14 minutes ago, wastedbro said:

So what is my best option if I want to scale things up safe?

Should I just go buy another proxy and pray that it wont get me instant ban?

3 minutes ago, Gusto` said:

So what is my best option if I want to scale things up safe?

Should I just go buy another proxy and pray that it wont get me instant ban?

proxy fish lets you swap an IP once a month. swap it, try it out on a new account for a few days. If it's still alive then, you know it has some life.

• Like 1

100% profit. I dont care if it will be a small profit, but I want to start a gold farm.

I had 3 years ago a small gold farm killing black dragons made about 1000$ from selling 07gp in one month then got chain banned in all of them (about 5-7 accounts).

After getting banned I just quit.

EDIT:

Trying to start a new account on that same proxy I bought but this time on GMAIL instead GMX. Also will trade anything to it in the next 24 hours.

I'm optimistic.. :) 

Edited by Gusto`

13 hours ago, thepope821 said:

@YoHoJo Why do you keep repping those sites? They are trash. You deliberately try and post as frequently as possible so you can have your sig visible..when they're trash. I dont get it. You pretend to care about your fellow brothers, but to you theyre just refs

I know 100s of people are using them successfully. Most issues of bans are due to the botting, not the proxy IMO.

I also mention you can Google "private socks5 proxies" to find tons of other providers and see what works best for you.

20 hours ago, Gusto` said:

100% profit. I dont care if it will be a small profit, but I want to start a gold farm.

I had 3 years ago a small gold farm killing black dragons made about 1000$ from selling 07gp in one month then got chain banned in all of them (about 5-7 accounts).

After getting banned I just quit.

EDIT:

Trying to start a new account on that same proxy I bought but this time on GMAIL instead GMX. Also will trade anything to it in the next 24 hours.

I'm optimistic.. :) 

How did it go?

Compared to a few years ago, you have to be a little more patient and clever. Can't bot as long as you could before.

For you, expect many bans. Find a way to rebuild your farm in days, perhaps have accounts ready to replace the banned ones. Depending on what you bot, some things can last you months-years, others hours.

• Like 1