• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
scriptoboy

Issue when trying to start TriBot with CLI

Hey fellow botters/scripters!

Today I was experimenting with using CLI arguments for starting my bot farm easily with .bat files. I copied the example .bat file provided in the CLI tutorial provided by TriBot found here.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I adjusted the argument parameters correctly, but my CMD outputs the following error:

jan 12, 2020 10:58:56 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
Response: YTcxZGQ0NWU0YzhlNWM4NjhhYTllMDljYTFmOGZmNmIKYjc3Y2M3YjhmMTZiYjMwMjE2ZGQ3OWM0MzkyNjZkMjAKc2NyaXB0b2JveQo0ODc4NjAKMDhjZDZiZWJjNzlmNjQzNzg0MWMxMmI0YzgzOWQzMDA=

Googling did not help me further unfortunately. Any ideas on what is causing this, and how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance.

I think I might know a solution to this. I did some googling of that error, and it looks like your issue is caused by a registry key that Java requires not being created, and being unable to be created.

There's two options (I think) to fix this. One which is easier (but I'm not sure if it works) and another which is more work but I'm more confident in it.

Method One

1. Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator (right click, select "Run as Admin" or something similar)
  2. Run your cli command from that elevated command prompt. This should allow Java to create the required keys

Method Two

1. Go into your Start Menu and type regedit into the search field.
  2. Navigate to path
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft
    If this path does not exist, try this path instead:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\JavaSoft

3. Right click on the JavaSoft folder and click on New -> Key

4. Name the new key Prefs and try your CLI command again.

Sources

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fluffee said:

I think I might know a solution to this. I did some googling of that error, and it looks like your issue is caused by a registry key that Java requires not being created, and being unable to be created.

There's two options (I think) to fix this. One which is easier (but I'm not sure if it works) and another which is more work but I'm more confident in it.

Method One

1. Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator (right click, select "Run as Admin" or something similar)
  2. Run your cli command from that elevated command prompt. This should allow Java to create the required keys

Method Two

1. Go into your Start Menu and type regedit into the search field.
  2. Navigate to path
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft
    If this path does not exist, try this path instead:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\JavaSoft

3. Right click on the JavaSoft folder and click on New -> Key

4. Name the new key Prefs and try your CLI command again.

Sources

Thanks for you fast response! Running the command line as Administrator was indeed the easy fix for it to go through. Yet, when the command line runs, it only opens up the TriBot startup window where you can select the proxy and input your login details, but it does not execute anything based on the CLI argument input. I did login first in a TriBot window prior to running my .bat files. Any ideas?

I appreciate your effort man, thanks :)

14 hours ago, scriptoboy said:

Thanks for you fast response! Running the command line as Administrator was indeed the easy fix for it to go through. Yet, when the command line runs, it only opens up the TriBot startup window where you can select the proxy and input your login details, but it does not execute anything based on the CLI argument input. I did login first in a TriBot window prior to running my .bat files. Any ideas?

I appreciate your effort man, thanks :)

Excellent glad to hear it worked!

As for the other issue, is there anything being printed in the debug? I'm thinking an error message might be printed there. If there isn't, can you post the command you're trying to launch TRiBot with? Please remove any identifying information beforehand though 🙂

10 hours ago, Fluffee said:

Excellent glad to hear it worked!

As for the other issue, is there anything being printed in the debug? I'm thinking an error message might be printed there. If there isn't, can you post the command you're trying to launch TRiBot with? Please remove any identifying information beforehand though 🙂

I am inputting the following command into the command line (obviously, thinks in capital letters have been changed, as they are private information): 

D:\PATH>java -jar tribot-loader-4.0.4.jar --username "USERNAME" --password "PASSWORD" --charusername "CHARUSERNAME" --charpassword "CHARPASSWORD"  --charworld "301" --script "|w| Zulrah Muler" --scriptargs "id:1" --proxyhost "PROXYHOST" --proxyport "1080" --proxyusername "PROXYUSERNAME" --proxypassword "PROXYPASSWORD" --disablefwall --mem 512

This gives the following output in the command line:

Response: MWUxN2Q0NGI4YWM1YzYwMTk4ZTE0NTAzOTA5MzhmYzQKNzE5MWQ0MWIyODVjYzU0NjRhNGQ5YTlmZDUzOWUyODAKc2NyaXB0b2JveQo0ODc4NjAKMDYzNjRhYTRmYTA3NmNjOWUyOWQzMWI3MWQ2NjZlYTM=

Afterwards, it launches the TriBot login window where you input your TriBot credentials, select the proxy and press login to launch the client. It does not seem to use any of the CLI arguments provided above. I can't see anything in debug, as the client itself has not loaded but it is at the login screen.

Any ideas why it stays at the login screen, rather than actually using the arguments to load the bot and start the script?

Thanks once again :)