• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zippyyy

I got banned [RSPS]

Posted (edited)

Hello goodday everyone,

I know it's a bit odd I'm posting here but there aren't many forums where I can ask such questions. So I'm currently botting on a runescape private server for this I'm using 5 virtual machines, each machine with another IP. Now I got banned on two virtual machines. But when I change the IP-adress with a VPN it's still banned while the other machines are fine. I was thinking about a MAC-ban because each virtual machine has a seperate MAC-adres. But when I change the MAC-adress I still can't bypass the ban. So I was wondering if any of you guys know what type of ban they did on me. It looks like they track that particular virtual machine but how, what data do they have to track?

PS: I also can't make new accounts on the banned VM's

Thanks

EDIT: When I copy the virtual disk file from a "clean virtual machine" everything works fine. Still no clue what they are tracking.

Edited by zippyyy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GunzForhire said:

maybe its UUID ban

Never heard about that one will look into it.

59 minutes ago, sulocancetin said:

Just recreate new VM?

Idd that's an option that will work. But the server has around 100 active users (so it's pretty easy to spot bots), if they ban me each 12 hours I need to make a virtual machine everytime. And on the other hand I'm really interested how games can track you :)

Edited by zippyyy

6 hours ago, zippyyy said:

So I was wondering if any of you guys know what type of ban they did on me. It looks like they track that particular virtual machine but how, what data do they have to track?

6 hours ago, zippyyy said:

EDIT: When I copy the virtual disk file from a "clean virtual machine" everything works fine. Still no clue what they are tracking.

They're probably storing a file on your virtual machine which they use as a flag.

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

They're probably storing a file on your virtual machine which they use as a flag.

Yep, either a file or some sort of registry flag. Best solution is just re-install the OS from an image on the VM

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 7:49 PM, IceKontroI said:

@zippyyy is it consistently on the same VMs each time? Sometimes we try to make connections we think are there but really aren't. I have no way of gauging your objectivity. What percentage of the time does VM A get banned vs VM B? How big is your sample size?

No it isn't on the same VM's. I talked with the staff and they told me I got banned, they just didn't say which type of ban

Edited by zippyyy

On 7/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, Einstein said:

On 7/10/2019 at 8:12 PM, Netami said:

Yep, either a file or some sort of registry flag. Best solution is just re-install the OS from an image on the VM

I really wonder which file that is. The options are limited, right? Also when I need to re-install everytime I also need to install pycharm, scripts, images, client etc which isn't really nice to do on a 2GB machine :D

1 minute ago, zippyyy said:

I really wonder which file that is. The options are limited, right? Also when I need to re-install everytime I also need to install pycharm, scripts, images, client etc which isn't really nice to do on a 2GB machine :D

If you want to ban someone based on hardware, you have two choices:

• You either generate a hash code based on the user's computer's name, drive serial number, operating system, CPU etc., and you send that hash code to your server to later identify the machine.
  • You use some form of persistency, and leave some traces on that computer. And by traces I mean a file/registry which contains data relevant to the ban.

The first method can be bypassed by changing the physical hardware, or spoofing its data.

The second one can be bypassed by removing the file from the computer. This file might not be very easy to find, so doing a clean install of everything might be a better choice.

4 hours ago, zippyyy said:

Not necessarily, an "image" usually refers to a hard drive image file or an operating system already installed and loaded with certain drivers/programs. In corporate environments this allows IT to install the operating system on employees computers already configured, rather than manually installing to each PC, manually installing Chrome on each PC, etc.

On 7/12/2019 at 6:22 PM, Einstein said:

If you want to ban someone based on hardware, you have two choices:

• You either generate a hash code based on the user's computer's name, drive serial number, operating system, CPU etc., and you send that hash code to your server to later identify the machine.
  • You use some form of persistency, and leave some traces on that computer. And by traces I mean a file/registry which contains data relevant to the ban.

The first method can be bypassed by changing the physical hardware, or spoofing its data.

The second one can be bypassed by removing the file from the computer. This file might not be very easy to find, so doing a clean install of everything might be a better choice.

I tried to find some software to spoof hardware but didn't find anything good. Deleting the java game and it's cache and re-installing doesn't work either. 

19 hours ago, zippyyy said:

Deleting the java game and it's cache and re-installing doesn't work either. 

That's because the said file will almost always be located outside the installer's folder, to ensure persistency even if the user attempts to uninstall the game/program.

Your best bet would be to reinstall your VM.