Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
idkfa

Starting the scripting journey

Hello my knowledgeable friends,

Ive botted about 3 accounts to max combat and ran small gold farms but lately I really interested in learning how to script myself so I can give back to the awesome community and start goldfarming on a professional level. That being said ive got some questions.Little background check, im a total noob when in comes to programming languages.

- ive read that learning Java is a must. But what I don't understand is do I need to learn everything about java or just parts that are relevant to scripting for Tribot. Do I have to take a course or to do a deep dive like enlisting in an education  or is learning Java just for Tribot enough?

- If a book is preferable, do you have any recognmendations?

- after being proficiant in Java ive read I still need to learn how to script for Tribot specifically. Is this a long process?

- I know this is a difficult question to answer but how long do you guys recon this process will take in hours learning Java and scripting for Tribot? Ive got about 2/3 hours to spare a day and about 5/7 on weekends

- Also is there a discord with like minded people out there looking to learn java/tribot and also one for goldfarmer (not gonna ask for methods lol)

Sorry for the long and nooby questions. Hope you guys can point me in the right direction. 

Any constructive comments are greatly appriciated.

Cheers,

IDKFA

While I'm by no means an expert, I feel qualified to answer your questions, as I was in the same situation as you a couple of years ago and I've been scripting on tribot since then.

I suggest you gain a strong understanding of the java basics before you start scripting, it will make life so much easier for you. Once you learn java, learning to script on tribot specifically will come very quickly.

I recommend the cave of programming java tutorial for beginners course on youtube. I suggest watching the first 25 videos, that will be enough for scripting on tribot. Don't just passively watch it, make sure you have a thorough understanding of it. Putting in the time to learn the basics will save you so much time in the long run because it will improve your efficiency in scripting.

Once you feel comfortable with java, you should read the source code of top scripters here for inspiration for how to set out your code. Don't make the mistake I did of starting out with a really complex script. Start with something really basic like a script that cuts trees and banks, then move onto more complex stuff when you feel confident with that. If you are serious about improving, you should upload your code onto the forums or discord for feedback. I am sure there will be people willing to help you improve. You should focus on writing clean, readible code because it will save you so much time in the future.

Learning the skills to begin scripting will come quickly. It shouldn't take you more than a few weeks with your hours. But learning to script well(creating efficient, clean code) will take much longer and will come from you scripting and scrutinisng your own code.

For coding, there is a support section on the tribot discord that you can use. For gold farming, you should join the discord for Worthy's zulrah slayer. I don't have the link for them but they should be here somewhere.

Feel free to ask me any further questions.

• Like 2

Realistically with 2/3 hours a day within a week you could start making basic scripts.

If you have any progamming/coding knowledge at all you can make fairly basic scripts.

Once you know java, learning to use an api is childs play for the most part. 

If you join the tribot discord and ask reasonbile questions (not just "why  wont my script run1!?!?!?!") people are usually more than willing to give you a hand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamhackz said:

Realistically with 2/3 hours a day within a week you could start making basic scripts.

If you have any progamming/coding knowledge at all you can make fairly basic scripts.

Once you know java, learning to use an api is childs play for the most part. 

If you join the tribot discord and ask reasonbile questions (not just "why  wont my script run1!?!?!?!") people are usually more than willing to give you a hand

Good to know man. Ill check out the discord. 

Hi my dudes,

Ive found a website from the University of Finland that offers a free Java crouse. Dont know if this has been posted before, couldnt find anything in a quick search but I think it looks great. Lets you do exercises per category over a period of six weeks for the beginners part and automatically checks what you've written to give feedback. 

Question for ppl that are good at coding Java, is this a nice way to learn?

Anyway, thought I would share:   http://moocfi.github.io/courses/2013/programming-part-1/

Cheers my fellow aspiring coding noobs,

IDKFA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jesusgj18
      Tengo un problema ya que compré un script premium.
      Es que después de que el bot se ejecuta durante 2 horas, se detiene.
      y cuando intentó ejecutar el bot de nuevo, me muestra el error que se muestra en la imagen.
      Es un bot increíble, pero tengo ese problema ya que lo tengo y es desalentador

Como el bot no funciona más de 2 horas , le pedí ayuda al creador del bot, pero él respondió que ya es un problema con tribot.

AYUDA

• By Candle
      What's up guys! 
      I'm new to scripting and I want to be the best! But I need some advice and pointers. I understand the simple side of java, just really how to fit the API into it all. 
      Any links to some really good content and videos? The only videos I can really find that's solid content is from Nexus, but it's only 2 videos. 
      Anything is appreciated! I hope to soon bring everyone some crazy awesome scripts! 
    • By Fluffee
      Fluffee's Server Setup 3.0
      As some of you may know, I released an automated server setup script a little over a year ago. Albeit that script worked well, I was never fully satisfied with it, as I found it to be kind of messy to use. As a result, I rewrote the script, and restructured it, to add more, and stronger support for the different versions of Debian, the different versions of CentOS and the different versions of Ubuntu. However, with so many different Operating Systems being supported, and many different server providers having different setups, it's hard for me to test every possible scenario on my own. Which is why I've been privately handing this script out, and am now publicly looking for help.

What does the script do?
      Similar to my previous setup script, this script changes the SSH port and creates a new user for connecting and using the server and disables root SSH connections; it installs the latest version of TightVNC Server (1.3.10) and sets that up with the desired port and password. It installs JDK 102 (32 or 64 bit depending on the OS), and installs TRiBot and OSBuddy and sets up the appropriate .jar file associations.
      What operating systems does it support?
      - CentOS (6.x and 7.x) (32 and 64 bit)
      - Debian (7.x and 8.x) (32 and 64 bit)
      - Ubuntu (12.x, 14.x and 16.x) (32 and 64 bit)
      Does it work?
      As far as I know, yes it does in fact work, and it works well if I might add. However, given that I can't test every possible setup, there is the potential for differences and issues
      How do I run the script?
      Login as root to a fresh VPS/dedi running one of the supported operating systems. From there run the commands listed below and follow the onscreen instructions. For those who would like to see the script's code, it can be found on my bitbucket here. The commands to run are as follows:
      wget --no-check-cert https://bitbucket.org/teamfluffee/fluffees-server-setup/raw/add-shared-functions/fluffees-server-setup.sh && chmod +x fluffees-server-setup.sh && bash fluffees-server-setup.sh -v Version History

• By voidk5
      Hey guys, I'm facing some problems with my Debian 8 VPS, currently I'm not able to install Java 8, I was using this as reference https://tecadmin.net/install-java-8-on-debian/ but as it says "IMPORTANT: Java 8 is no longer available to download publically. You can use below link to install Java 11."  Java 8 can't be downloaded anymore, so I tried to use Java 11, but TRiBot doesn't work with it. 
      Anyone can have with this? 
      I'll give more info if required.

• By Turninprofut
      I'm using Blazing Proxy, mainly just to learn about this stuff, and when attempting to use the username/password login on the tribot client I am given a pop up window that says the connection has timed out.
      Yet if I try to authenticate via IP I do not have the user/pass that Tribot uses. 

What am I doing wrong? Is anyone using Blazing Proxies that could share their settings?

Or any other solutions/tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

• By Rajo
      Hello, i am new here. 
      I need help. I can't login at all.
      As you can see the picture

I can't fill the right captca because i can't resize the windows. Only small window like that xD.
      And second. When i try login my account. The result is...

So what's the problem it is? What's solution? 

Thank You.
    • By dwiddle
      I don't know how to get the DL to work, I used to use it no problem, now it's a .JAR file that I can't seem to get to work. could someone please help me. it simply wont open and I dled a unzip program aswell. 
    • By Medieval
      Hello, firstly i'd like to say that running a bot on mac is 1000x more difficult than running a bot on a windows. I've downloaded Tribot and have jdk-11.0.1.
      I keep getting an error which I've linked below. Please help as I've been trying to run a bot on this macbook forever. It seems impossible.
      Thanks,
      Medieval 

• By redcut0
      This error keeps stopping my script after running for 30 minute for so. Can I have the solution to this? Thank you.
      [00:06:36] The maximum amount of instances for this script has been surpassed. Cannot run script.
  • Our picks

• This update features:

Fixed broken hooks from today's update

Fix wilderness level with RuneLite (Thanks @Todd)

Add support for Kotlin .class files in scripts (Thanks @wastedbro)

Overhaul Inventory API (Thanks @wastedbro)

Add List support for common methods

Change method grouping to make more sense (by functionality)

Refactor methods to utilize Java 8 streams instead of cumbersome loops

Recognize chatbox minimization (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)

Fix Screen#isInViewport when NPC chat is open (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)

Fix login bot bugs (Thanks @erickho123)

Fix hint arrow return values (Thanks @Encoded)

Fix depositAllExcept functionality (Thanks @wastedbro)

Change containing box interface bound and adjust for Y values (Thanks @erickho123)
      • 151 replies
    • This release will:

Fix prayers and world hopper API (Thanks @JoeDezzy1 and @erickho123)

Improve banking API (Thanks @Encoded)

Adds methods for returning and using Java Lists, rather than arrays

Slightly randomizes some hardcoded behaviour

Removes sleeps from waitConditions; the efficiency saving potential is negligible in these use-cases, therefore cleaner code is preferable

Other back-end improvements

Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Sad
        • Haha
        • Thanks
      • 90 replies
    • This release will:

Add new internal framework for capturing exceptions

Fix issue with not selecting the last column in world hopper (Thanks @Todd)

Add a message about pin usage in Banking#openBank (Thanks @Todd)

Disable the firewall by default (Thanks @Todd)

Fix handling of the welcome screen after login (Thanks @Encoded)

Fix wrong amount bank withdrawal (Thanks @Encoded)

Fix Screen#isInViewport

Fix Game#isInViewport (Thanks @Encoded)

Call onBreakEnd for ListenerManager Breaking Listeners (Thanks @Encoded)

Fix Prayer#getPrayerPoints NumberFormatException (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)

Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Thanks
      • 28 replies
    • This release will:

Fix LG for both OSBuddy and RuneLite

Fix issue where the resizable client isn't able to be made smaller (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)

Fix detection of the logout game tab when resizable mode and side panels are enabled (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)

Add initial support for Sentry to allow us to identify and easily debug exceptions happening with all TRiBot users

Add methods to determine if the bank is actually loaded, and not just the overarching interface (Thanks @wastedbro)

Upcoming updates:

Improved CLI support

Full Sentry support

Much more
      • 64 replies
    • This release will:

Fix NPE in Camera API (Thanks @wastedbro)

Update deposit box interface ids (Thanks @Encoded)

Add various bank methods (Thanks @wastedbro)

Banking#getWithdrawXQuantity

Banking#getDefaultWithdrawQuantity

Banking#arePlaceholdersOn

Fix resizeable minimap bug (Thanks @wastedbro)

Remove Java 8 requirement

Please note: TRiBot is not yet fully compatible with Java 10+

Fix the break handler issues by ensuring the break handler thread never gets paused

Fix broken settings hooks

Upcoming updates:

Improved CLI support

Much more

Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
      • 68 replies