Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cuddly_Porcupine

What am i doing wrong

Hey. Noob here. I'm curious what I'm doing wrong

I have VIP-E
I have runelite
I have the Einstein's Woodcutting script

I open runelite and minimize (I'm at the login screen.)
I open Tribot, start new instance, run the script on speed 1. everything is going fine.
Not even 2 hours into botting and chill, account gets banned for macroing major.

Did I not link something correctly? What do I do with the runelite? I can't log into both runelite and tribot on the same acct at the same time so... what's the point of runelite if tribot is running?

34 minutes ago, HeyImJamie said:

Using looking glass doesn't make you unbannable. You're breaking the rules, expect to be banned.

I get that. I fully expected it to eventually get banned. I'm just curious what other people are doing to last weeks whereas my bot doesnt even last 2 hours. Did I do something wrong or dumb luck?

37 minutes ago, Cuddly_Porcupine said:

Hey. Noob here. I'm curious what I'm doing wrong

I have VIP-E
I have runelite

I open runelite and minimize (I'm at the login screen.)
I open Tribot, start new instance, run the script on speed 1. everything is going fine.
Not even 2 hours into botting and chill, account gets banned for macroing major.

Did I not link something correctly? What do I do with the runelite? I can't log into both runelite and tribot on the same acct at the same time so... what's the point of runelite if tribot is running?

You are opening TriBot on the Looking Glass setting (and have downloaded the Runelite Workaround)?

If you've done this, where are you training? Is it a very popular area? If it is this will increase your chance of bans. 

Are you banking? If yes, I personally think this also increases your chance of bans.

How fresh is the account? If it's straight of tutorial island then that's your problem. Fresh accounts are always at the highest risk of bans. Do some quests on them or other skills legit before you bot if you do not have a lot of experience with it.

Also, make a bunch of accounts and bot them, find out methods that work (and more importantly, those that don't). Learn from that and keep in mind good botting habits. There are a lot of tutorials on this site, but one that I largely agree with and would say is very similar to my approach is this one:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, flamekiller999 said:

You are opening TriBot on the Looking Glass setting (and have downloaded the Runelite Workaround)?

If you've done this, where are you training? Is it a very popular area? If it is this will increase your chance of bans. 

Are you banking? If yes, I personally think this also increases your chance of bans.

How fresh is the account? If it's straight of tutorial island then that's your problem. Fresh accounts are always at the highest risk of bans. Do some quests on them or other skills legit before you bot if you do not have a lot of experience with it.

Also, make a bunch of accounts and bot them, find out methods that work (and more importantly, those that don't). Learn from that and keep in mind good botting habits. There are a lot of tutorials on this site, but one that I largely agree with and would say is very similar to my approach is this one:

Thanks for the input. I'm not currently running looking glass, because I couldnt get the damn thing to work (I might have to just uninstall everything and try downloading everything again if it actually helps) but most people seem to not use it, so I didnt care.

Yes i have the runelite workaround. I open that to login screen, minimize it. Open tribot. Log in and start new instance from there (no LG) and start script.

It was just normal trees in west lumbridge. Had it open on my screen the whole time (1.5hrs or so) and nobody was near me the whole time. Very unpopulated area. But yes I was banking, as I currently dont have a main to fund new axes etc. For a while.

Yeah it was fresh. I did level my attack and prayer some before I went to the trees. Leveled up to 4 but that's it.

I plan to make a couple new accts when I get home from work and try what you suggested about quests. I had planned to let my bot run for 3 hours, break, then play some legit to get attack up, then break, and back to botting. Rinse and repeat and stay under 10 hrs/day.

Thank you for the help. It's greatly appreciated and if it was a thing on here, I'd +rep you. Lol.

12 minutes ago, Cuddly_Porcupine said:

Thanks for the input. I'm not currently running looking glass, because I couldnt get the damn thing to work (I might have to just uninstall everything and try downloading everything again if it actually helps) but most people seem to not use it, so I didnt care.

Yes i have the runelite workaround. I open that to login screen, minimize it. Open tribot. Log in and start new instance from there (no LG) and start script.

It was just normal trees in west lumbridge. Had it open on my screen the whole time (1.5hrs or so) and nobody was near me the whole time. Very unpopulated area. But yes I was banking, as I currently dont have a main to fund new axes etc. For a while.

Yeah it was fresh. I did level my attack and prayer some before I went to the trees. Leveled up to 4 but that's it.

I plan to make a couple new accts when I get home from work and try what you suggested about quests. I had planned to let my bot run for 3 hours, break, then play some legit to get attack up, then break, and back to botting. Rinse and repeat and stay under 10 hrs/day.

Thank you for the help. It's greatly appreciated and if it was a thing on here, I'd +rep you. Lol.

So it looks like the image below and you clicking New Client (Looking Glass) then what is happening? I mean personally, I have used LG and also have not used LG both to success. More recently I haven't used it as I feel it slows the efficiency of scripts in terms of XP/hr.

So that may be partly the issue then. Trees in West Lumbridge will be a hotspot for Jagex. Bear in mind this is not necessarily player reports, but their actual Anti-Bot system which they have in place. This will often monitor places they know are very popular for bots. My advice is to try to go somewhere else. Also, F2P has much higher ban rates than P2P (they are less likely to ban people who are giving them money (or at least are more lenient)). 

But yes, botting combat is a good start but also do some other skills (e.g. Dorics quest get to 9 mining in like 2 mins, Imp catcher can be done in 1 min and also gets 9 magic). Just have a look at the rewards, the aim is to level multiple skills to make it look like any other account. 

If you want more detailed information feel free to drop me a PM and I can give my advice.

And you can +Rep ahah, just click the heart under a post XD 

1922924099_Screenshot2019-05-22at22_42_53.thumb.png.993a8d24cd67d6eec06a733eff706e83.png

• Thanks 1
  • thonking 1

25 minutes ago, flamekiller999 said:

So it looks like the image below and you clicking New Client (Looking Glass) then what is happening? I mean personally, I have used LG and also have not used LG both to success. More recently I haven't used it as I feel it slows the efficiency of scripts in terms of XP/hr.

So that may be partly the issue then. Trees in West Lumbridge will be a hotspot for Jagex. Bear in mind this is not necessarily player reports, but their actual Anti-Bot system which they have in place. This will often monitor places they know are very popular for bots. My advice is to try to go somewhere else. Also, F2P has much higher ban rates than P2P (they are less likely to ban people who are giving them money (or at least are more lenient)). 

But yes, botting combat is a good start but also do some other skills (e.g. Dorics quest get to 9 mining in like 2 mins, Imp catcher can be done in 1 min and also gets 9 magic). Just have a look at the rewards, the aim is to level multiple skills to make it look like any other account. 

If you want more detailed information feel free to drop me a PM and I can give my advice.

And you can +Rep ahah, just click the heart under a post XD 

1922924099_Screenshot2019-05-22at22_42_53.thumb.png.993a8d24cd67d6eec06a733eff706e83.png

I'm having problems with the damn 32/64 bit issue when I click LG. I'm almost positive both are 64 but it's saying one isnt. Prior to tribot I was using another bot and that got banned. Runemate or something I think. That one I bought membership,  and before it even activated on the account, it was banned (but I did have it suiciding for 2 days on varrock yews). Lol. If I get one of these up a significant way, I'll try again. But I dont want to start dropping $ on p2p again till I figure out my issue.

Also... I showed how much of a noob I am by the +rep comment lol. +rep to you man.

1 hour ago, Cuddly_Porcupine said:

I'm having problems with the damn 32/64 bit issue when I click LG. I'm almost positive both are 64 but it's saying one isnt. Prior to tribot I was using another bot and that got banned. Runemate or something I think. That one I bought membership,  and before it even activated on the account, it was banned (but I did have it suiciding for 2 days on varrock yews). Lol. If I get one of these up a significant way, I'll try again. But I dont want to start dropping $ on p2p again till I figure out my issue.

Also... I showed how much of a noob I am by the +rep comment lol. +rep to you man.

Ahh okay, well I mean always a safe bet is to delete the official Runelite, the Runelite Workaround, and Tribot. Also delete the Java cache and hooks

As for the actual botting habits, I think you need to read a few of the botting guides on the forums here. They may provide you with some helpful information which can reduce your amount of bans. Also, woodcutting, in general, is a high ban skill, so why are you botting it? If it's to make money there are a lot of other methods and high-quality scripts available. That being said, Einstein produces some of the best scripts on Tribot, so also make sure you are doing your part to also reduce your ban risk (as mentioned by looking into the botting guides etc.)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cuddly_Porcupine said:

Einstein's scripts tend to have really good antiban. That all kinda disappears if you're running F2P though. It generally doesn't matter how good the script is, Jagex tends to be much more trigger happy banning F2P vs. members. Expect your F2P accounts to have significantly shorter lifespans than P2P accounts on principle.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IceKontroI said:

Einstein's scripts tend to have really good antiban. That all kinda disappears if you're running F2P though. It generally doesn't matter how good the script is, Jagex tends to be much more trigger happy banning F2P vs. members. Expect your F2P accounts to have significantly shorter lifespans than P2P accounts on principle.

So I'm best off starting a new members account, level some other stuff, then bot some money making skills? I haven't played RS in probably over a decade now... Before RS3 even came out, so I need to look into what are good skills to do for dough, and what is least bannable. I just went to WC because that was the OG way to do it back in the day.

48 minutes ago, flamekiller999 said:

Ahh okay, well I mean always a safe bet is to delete the official Runelite, the Runelite Workaround, and Tribot. Also delete the Java cache and hooks

As for the actual botting habits, I think you need to read a few of the botting guides on the forums here. They may provide you with some helpful information which can reduce your amount of bans. Also, woodcutting, in general, is a high ban skill, so why are you botting it? If it's to make money there are a lot of other methods and high-quality scripts available. That being said, Einstein produces some of the best scripts on Tribot, so also make sure you are doing your part to also reduce your ban risk (as mentioned by looking into the botting guides etc.)

I read the guide you linked me as well as a couple others after your comment. It was very insightful. Like I said in my reply to the other guy here, I haven't played in a decade. I have yet to figure  out the go-tos and stay-aways.

Posted (edited)

You don't need to open RuneLite and minimize it to run TriBot. That only applies if you're using looking glass, because TriBot will hook to Runelite.jar to mask the client.

Also, if you create a f2p and bot it straight away, expect to get insta-banned. You might even get banned/locked before botting if using a shitty proxy/flagged ip.

There are a bunch of factors that play in, and you have to find it out for yourself what works, which can take a lot of trial and error + patience. For example, an old main account stands a considerable chance of successfully botting to 99 agility, since it's not flagged by the system as a suspicious account/activity.

As for looking glass not working: don't install both 32 and 64-bit JDKs, pick one. And then use this modified launcher.

Edited by iikes2

9 hours ago, Cuddly_Porcupine said:

So I'm best off starting a new members account, level some other stuff, then bot some money making skills? I haven't played RS in probably over a decade now... Before RS3 even came out, so I need to look into what are good skills to do for dough, and what is least bannable. I just went to WC because that was the OG way to do it back in the day.

Yeah, OSRS has changed a lot since then, when I got back into it a few months ago there was a big learning curve about everything. On the upside, that means there are many low-level money makers which are better (and if run correctly much lower ban rates) than woodcutting. For example, I had a small farm which I hand levelled 3 skills and did 2 quests on (then botted magic to 50+). These accounts then continued to be run 12+ hours per day and never received a ban (in total I made over 100m from these, not a huge amount but I was happy with it). 

My advice to you is watching some youtube videos on people starting new accounts and seeing what they do to make money. Find a few methods through that you like the sound of (as long as they are not glaringly obvious (like making gold bracelets from gold bars) and the ban rate might be lower).

But yes, P2P has significantly fewer bans than F2P. 

14 hours ago, Cuddly_Porcupine said:

Yeah from what I can tell the only way you can avoid needing membership is if you run a fully automated F2P farming rig, and that comes with its own problems. As for good ways to make money, you'll need to find out for yourself. I doubt anyone will give you their methods/scripts.

23 hours ago, Cuddly_Porcupine said:

Thanks for using my software.

Sadly, trying to do anything in F2P on a new account will almost always result in a ban, like @IceKontroI said. There is no workaround this issue, except perhaps for avoiding botting entirely, or activating a bond on the account. I am not sure how they are capable of detecting fresh accounts so quickly, but I am sure that this category of accounts is heavily targeted, and perhaps it has one of the highest ban-rate out of all the other categories (new account, F2P, common skills such as Woodcutting).

Excluding the client detection hypothesis, my personal theory is about percentages:

• A fresh account that has 5 minutes of human input followed by 2 hours of botting has a 96% bot behavior time (out of account's total total time).
  • An older account that has 20 hours of human input and the same 2 hours of botting, has only 10% bot behavior time.

This is just a theory and it doesn't prove or guarantee anything, but it can help us see why fresh accounts are usually getting instantly banned, while older accounts tend to survive a little bit longer.

Posted (edited)

Most of these theories are only half correct. If you take a look at the deobfuscated game client, you will see that Jagex takes mouse x and y and associated input data at all times. The number one factor in bot detection is mouse movement. It is entirely possible to bot tutorial island or anything on a fresh account, if you want proof simply use a mouse recorder with a few 5-10 minute recordings of you performing any action for the same amount of time that it takes you to get banned using a mediocre script. Having the virtual mouse move at a consistent rates or with discernible patterns is a dead giveaway and can result in bans right away. Humanlike mouse movements will make you invisible to the system, that's all there is to it. Tribot figured this out years ago judging by the archives and is one of a handful of bot clients that take mouse movements seriously as they should.

Only use scripts that take full advantage of human mouse data, all others are garbage. This is uniform across all botting clients.

Reflection clients like LG are nothing more than  CPU-intensive gimmicks for now because of this, but will still be useful if the client is somehow detected. Even if the client is detected, you won't be banned for playing on a botting client, if and only if they can determine with relative certainty that you are botting will they ban you regardless of client. The only realistic reason LG might get you by on poor scripts is because it's possible that the delay between the reflection client and regular game client skews the mouse movement data slightly.

As for your LG problem, disable firewall, close out of all other 3rd party applications, and make sure only the 32 bit JDK and the JRE bundled with it are installed. Trying to pigeonhole 64 bit java with 32 bit java is a very bad idea, and the Runelite.jar is 32 bit anyway. LG is broken after today's update, but do this for now.

Edited by ManyGoldPieces

15 hours ago, ManyGoldPieces said:

https://github.com/zeruth/runescape-client/blob/master/src/MouseRecorder.java#L40

This is incontrovertible proof btw. Mouse movement is 100% confirmed as the bot detection strategy. Nothing else matters.

This does prove that the OSRS client has access to your mouse, but then again of course it does. Mouse input is a crucial point of interaction with the game world. I couldn't find code to indicate that the mouse position was being used in any sort of bot detection process. From what I could see, and feel free to point what I missed, this is not incontrovertible proof.

27 minutes ago, IceKontroI said:

This does prove that the OSRS client has access to your mouse, but then again of course it does. Mouse input is a crucial point of interaction with the game world. I couldn't find code to indicate that the mouse position was being used in any sort of bot detection process. From what I could see, and feel free to point what I missed, this is not incontrovertible proof.

Anti-cheat in multiplayer games rely on a mix of heuristics and detection of injected code, OSRS is no different. There is nothing special they can do differently short of implementing spyware and seeing when you run a script. I'm not saying mouse movement is the only possible way to trigger bot detection (try clicking on the same door for an hour while your character is stuck), but it is clearly the primary method to distinguish with relative certainty between a bot and a player. After all, the mouse has to be moved in order to accomplish any action in the game.

If the injection client is not detected and specifically identified (it isn't), and they can't determine that a script is run (haven't seen any evidence for this in years of botting, otherwise the system would flag you for a ban immediately even if you run an empty script), then the only thing left is heuristics, which is automatically analyzed by the botwatch system. They collect mouse data about 18-22 times per second. I'm sure you're clever enough to put two and two together, this is as close as it gets to absolute proof. Trilez and the developers themselves can attest to this, there is a reason human mouse data was rigorously worked on and implemented.

Again, you can even run your own tests with a simple mouse recorder that will reproduce your own human mouse movements -- I have hundreds of accounts that have done just this, and it is my go-to method for training bots. A script that moves the mouse at constant or predictable tick rates with pseudo-random variation will form a bot-like pattern and be caught out nearly instantly if they have the heuristics from other banned bots, whereas you can run the same 5 minute recording of your own human mouse movements and inputs on repeat and be safe for a much longer period of time.

I've known this for a long time myself, and public scripts would see dramatic improvements if they took mouse movements seriously and prevented bot-like patterns from forming with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ManyGoldPieces said:

While it's probably true that they track mouse position, it's not definitive, and it's also not confirmed the only thing they check. I will dig through this deobbed client, but it's likely that any high level analysis against bots is done server-side so it won't be immediately obvious.

1 minute ago, IceKontroI said:

While it's probably true that they track mouse position, it's not definitive, and it's also not confirmed the only thing they check. I will dig through this deobbed client, but it's likely that any high level analysis against bots is done server-side so it won't be immediately obvious.

Yeah, there are a few gems to be found throughout the source, not just the mouse recorder.

Mouse movement and inputs is likely the prime factor if it isn't the only thing they profile. Even so, I can't think of any factor more damning or evident than reproducing the mouse pattern profile of confirmed bots, and from personal field-testing across hundreds of accounts, paying special attention to the mouse makes all the difference. It seems like a lot to collect, but they could compress that data very easily and I'm pretty sure they send it through packets directly in Client.java.