Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Rubbby

How to become a professional goldfarmer

15 minutes ago, Rubbby said:

Sup guys!

I'm actually botting a littble bit on my main and i'm thinking about starting in the goldfarming.

Any advices or tips?

(I know my question is pretty general but i haven't really check how to start it, cost or really not a problem for me)

First, ask yourself why do you want to gold farm?

-For me, I though it'd be a great passive income. But then I realized it'd be better to focus on my studies then follow down a rabbit hole where very few make it big and the income is dependent on the lifespan of a videogame albeit runescape's very long established history, if game dies your income dies. I have to disclose that I blew $1k+ in investments in attempts to gold farm. I had a decent zulrah private script that didn't have good kill/hr but it got the job done. However, Jagex super vamped up the bot security of zulrah where the J-Mod publicly announced it on reddit and apparently, their increase in security was good enough to destroy my private farm that just started to ramp up. I had about 6 accounts with good stats, heavily geared, etc but didn't get a chance to cash out before the massive zulrah ban wave. This is my personal experience and while there may be many botters who probably had great success, this made me consider do I really need this passive income? Do I want to play the game to enjoy the game? Why do I need this in-game gold? 

My answer to the above was that I didn't need this passive income, I found it better to focus on my studies, finish my degree, and got a career path lined up. My QoL greatly increased as I didn't have to stress about my high level bots getting banned, etc and I found it much easier to just buy gold and enjoy the game on my main. I was initially botting to support my main account but my ambitions got the better of me and when I got smacked to the ground with the ban wave, it worked out better for me.

What is your goal? Are you botting to support your main account? Botting for passive income? I'm asking since you said "cost not really a problem for me," and if the first, just buy gold and enjoy the game. 

Second, do you have any programming experience? 

You might make it somewhat with the premium scripts on Tribot but if you have programming experience, making your own private scripts will probably get you a lot further. 

Third, how ham do you want to bot? Gold farm of autonomous 100+ accounts vs 10 end-game accounts vs etc numerous options.

I believe it's best to define/outline your goal and gameplay before just jumping into the world of botting. It's very addicting and for me, was pretty dam stressful. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, MuleTraveler said:

-For me, I though it'd be a great passive income. But then I realized it'd be better to focus on my studies then follow down a rabbit hole where very few make it big and the income is dependent on the lifespan of a videogame albeit runescape's very long established history, if game dies your income dies. I have to disclose that I blew $1k+ in investments in attempts to gold farm. I had a decent zulrah private script that didn't have good kill/hr but it got the job done. However, Jagex super vamped up the bot security of zulrah where the J-Mod publicly announced it on reddit and apparently, their increase in security was good enough to destroy my private farm that just started to ramp up. I had about 6 accounts with good stats, heavily geared, etc but didn't get a chance to cash out before the massive zulrah ban wave. This is my personal experience and while there may be many botters who probably had great success, this made me consider do I really need this passive income? Do I want to play the game to enjoy the game? Why do I need this in-game gold? 

My answer to the above was that I didn't need this passive income, I found it better to focus on my studies, finish my degree, and got a career path lined up. My QoL greatly increased as I didn't have to stress about my high level bots getting banned, etc and I found it much easier to just buy gold and enjoy the game on my main. I was initially botting to support my main account but my ambitions got the better of me and when I got smacked to the ground with the ban wave, it worked out better for me.

What is your goal? Are you botting to support your main account? Botting for passive income? I'm asking since you said "cost not really a problem for me," and if the first, just buy gold and enjoy the game. 

You might make it somewhat with the premium scripts on Tribot but if you have programming experience, making your own private scripts will probably get you a lot further. 

Third, how ham do you want to bot? Gold farm of autonomous 100+ accounts vs 10 end-game accounts vs etc numerous options.

I believe it's best to define/outline your goal and gameplay before just jumping into the world of botting. It's very addicting and for me, was pretty dam stressful. 

agree with you 100% , coming from me with a decent job out of college and used to bot in Highschool. Its almost not even worth the time to try to do a bot farm unless if you are in a third world country trying to make a living. I know some people that would kill for 10usd or 100usd. Ill go sit my happy ass at work for a couple hours. Yes I am currently trying my own little bot farm (4 accounts) but that's all I have that I can run with my computer. But just ask yourself is the time worth it. I have noticed myself spending more time at home working on my bots than out enjoying the pool and getting hammered with babes.. so probably wont be long and ill be giving up myself. Just my 2 cents but best of luck to ya

16 hours ago, MuleTraveler said:

Wow, thanks for that amazing answer, you're right about this. I don't really need to do that, i've wanted to but not really for some good reason like just try to know the feel... but yup i'm gonna focus on what is more important.

• Like 2