Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rightryan

Just Another Dumb Heap Size Question

Recommended Posts

Heap Size = Dedicated RAM? Increments of 1024?

Im operating on a 2011 iMac 21.5":

  • 8gb of RAM
  • 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
  • AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Need to run 6 bots, 5 gold miners and 1 mule. Like I said, this is prob a dumb question. Somewhere in my only mere weeks of gold farming, I missed something about heap size and its direct affect on the client and my system. I set the Heap Size to 4096 after incrementally increasing to see if there was a noticeable difference, seems there is but is it necessary? Pros and Cons? Reliability and Consistancy of bot instances?

If someone could take 2 minutes and clarify my cloudy mind after a long day of website building, I think I might quit my job and give self employment a try before the economy tanks again in a few years.... I'll prob do that either way though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rightryan said:

Heap Size = Dedicated RAM? Increments of 1024?

Im operating on a 2011 iMac 21.5":

  • 8gb of RAM
  • 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
  • AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Need to run 6 bots, 5 gold miners and 1 mule. Like I said, this is prob a dumb question. Somewhere in my only mere weeks of gold farming, I missed something about heap size and its direct affect on the client and my system. I set the Heap Size to 4096 after incrementally increasing to see if there was a noticeable difference, seems there is but is it necessary? Pros and Cons? Reliability and Consistancy of bot instances?

If someone could take 2 minutes and clarify my cloudy mind after a long day of website building, I think I might quit my job and give self employment a try before the economy tanks again in a few years.... I'll prob do that either way though

I would say the recommended amount for each bot is 256mb. 6 accounts x 256mb = 1536mb of ram allocated. Personally I do 300mb for each account, hope this helps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it does, thank you. So the Heap Size upon initial start up is what it's going to dedicate per Client as you open them?

I keep seeing "Clients" and "Instances". I probably already have every piece of the puzzle I need, I seemed to have misplaced the box with the picture on it sometime during my post workday intoxication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rightryan said:

Yes it does, thank you. So the Heap Size upon initial start up is what it's going to dedicate per Client as you open them?

I keep seeing "Clients" and "Instances". I probably already have every piece of the puzzle I need, I seemed to have misplaced the box with the picture on it sometime during my post workday intoxication.

Clients are what you open normally on your desktop, instances are the tabs that allow for multiple accounts to be ran inside the client. You can set a client to have a set allocated amount of ram when starting it up, and depending on how many instances you would like to run inside the client, adjust the heap size accordingly :)

Edited by coffeedog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, YoHoJo said:

Some recs in the link below.

Many people like running 1 tab per client.

 

 

7 minutes ago, coffeedog said:

Clients are what you open normally on your desktop, instances are the tabs that allow for multiple accounts to be ran inside the client. You can set a client to have a set allocated amount of ram when starting it up, and depending on how many instances you would like to run inside the client, adjust the heap size accordingly :)

Thank you! My next question is a matter of preference in both of your experiences as more experience botters than myself.

Pros and Cons of Multiple Instance per Client vs. Multiple Clients with 1 instance:

CPU usage? Reliability and consistency of Clients and Bots? Which way would you guys recommend with my current iMac specs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rightryan said:

 

Thank you! My next question is a matter of preference in both of your experiences as more experience botters than myself.

Pros and Cons of Multiple Instance per Client vs. Multiple Clients with 1 instance:

CPU usage? Reliability and consistency of Clients and Bots? Which way would you guys recommend with my current iMac specs?

Personally I run each client with 3-5 instances inside, I know some people who say they have issues with it, but I don't. Everything is trial and error, and you need to keep testing different methods until you figure out what works best for you. What works for other people might not work for you. I would say any bot would run fine on your specs, although I wouldn't recommend running more than 20 bots total. Also a side tip is that the client itself takes up a lot of ram and cpu, and by using instances inside each client rather than having multiple clients with 1 instance each, you can reduce the amount of cpu used, ram is allocated when starting it up so that won't change.

Edited by coffeedog
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, coffeedog said:

Personally I run each client with 3-5 instances inside, I know some people who say they have issues with it, but I don't. Everything is trial and error, and you need to keep testing different methods until you figure out what works best for you. What works for other people might not work for you. I would say any bot would run fine on your specs, although I wouldn't recommend running more than 20 bots total. Also a side tip is that the client itself takes up a lot of ram and cpu, and by using instances inside each client rather than having multiple clients with 1 instance each, you can reduce the amount of cpu used, ram is allocated when starting it up so that won't change.

Great advice. I will do! You guys have been super helpful and I'm blown away with how willing to help you are and how friendly about it you guys are as well. As I'm sure you both are aware, a question like that (I'm going to ask either way) would be an open invite for sarcasm and rude comments (not that I care about the opinions of insecure underage closet nerds with parental issues... sorry that was generalization, shame on me)

Seriously though, I feel very welcome and supported as a newer member to the TriBot community, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rightryan said:

Great advice. I will do! You guys have been super helpful and I'm blown away with how willing to help you are and how friendly about it you guys are as well. As I'm sure you both are aware, a question like that (I'm going to ask either way) would be an open invite for sarcasm and rude comments (not that I care about the opinions of insecure underage closet nerds with parental issues... sorry that was generalization, shame on me)

Seriously though, I feel very welcome and supported as a newer member to the TriBot community, thank you!

Everyone has gotta start somewhere :) People who are willing to ask questions and learn from it are always welcome, I mostly learned through sifting the forums and trying stuff out myself. People who just expect others to tell them methods are in for a rough time when they figure out it won't always work for them aswell. Good luck friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coffeedog said:

Everyone has gotta start somewhere :) People who are willing to ask questions and learn from it are always welcome, I mostly learned through sifting the forums and trying stuff out myself. People who just expect others to tell them methods are in for a rough time when they figure out it won't always work for them aswell. Good luck friend.

Absolutely! I've actually got a long background in computers and networking, webpage development etc. but a lot of this specific area is new ground or forgotten knowledge from the academy days. Looking to learn this software and client in and out and later get into scripting, cant be all that far off from webpage development considering I hear its all Java. Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Our picks

    • [READ TO THE END FOR A TEASER]

      I've noticed some new TRiBotters have had some troubles finding out sources of how to do certain things, such as using advanced scripts and often get lost in the forums.

      We are still getting posts asking where to start, what to do, recommended scripts, etc. 

      As many of you know, I am new to the team, and had troubles myself learning how to bot, let alone script. 

      So, what our team decided to do was make it easier to learn how to bot, how to script, and just become an overall better botter and scripter faster. 

      As some of you might have seen, I've posted 3 new blogs, you can check it out by clicking on the following picture or here.


      These first 3 blogs are the first of many blogs that will be TRiBot official. They are encouraged to be challenged, improved upon and act as A Best Practices Guide for Botters.

      What information would you like to see in the blogs?

      👇 [TEASER] 👇

      .

      .

      .

      We are going to be hosting a  CONTEST  this  OCTOBER.

      Its scary to think how soon you'll find out.👻

      Stay tuned.


      - RileyZ
      • 7 replies
    • Today marks a big day for TRiBot! To make it easier for users to use TRiBot, we've created installers available for every platform! These installers are all bundled with the latest version of OpenJDK 1.8 (Java 😎, which is LG compatible.

      Using TRiBot is now easy. Simply download the installer for your platform, install TRiBot, and run it. The TRiBot Loader will correctly identify the bundled JDK so there's no need to change the Java selection.

      Windows

      EXE installer: TRiBot-windows-x64-4.0.3.exe


      MSI installer: TRiBot-windows-x64-4.0.3.msi


      Portable version: TRiBot-windows-x64-4.0.3.zip


      Mac OS

      Installer: TRiBot-macos-4.0.3.dmg


      Portable version: TRiBot-macos-4.0.3.tgz


      Unix/Linux

      Installer: TRiBot-unix-4.0.3.sh


      RPM installer (CentOS/Fedora): TRiBot-linux-4.0.3.rpm


      DEB installer (Debian): TRiBot-linux-4.0.3.deb


      Portable version: TRiBot-unix-4.0.3.tar.gz


      Platform Independent

      JAR file: tribot-loader-4.0.3.jar


      Note that this jar file does not include the bundled JDK.



      Windows and Mac OS users may notice a warning message stating that the installer/application is un-recognized or un-trusted. Please ignore this message and proceed with running the installer/application. We need to acquire a code signing certificate so that we can sign the installers letting the operating system know that these files can be trusted. It will take a week or more to acquire one, so please hold tight.

      Other notable changes to the TRiBot Loader:

      Support getting the version from OpenJDK distributions


      Add check for bundled JDK


      Copy OpenJDK tools.jar to the bundled JDK if not present


      Set the current java as the first available list entry


      Ignore Java versions which are symbolic links


      Make the bundled JDK the preferred Java version


      Update icon images


      Reduce the number of HTTP calls
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 18 replies
    • TRiBot is looking to improve a lot of its customer relationship management, customer on boarding process, customer experience, design elements, community engagement and pretty much everything else you can imagine when it comes to marketing.

      Our goal: To ensure that the marketing done TRULY reflects the experience and does not shine an inaccurate light on what TRiBot is lacking in.

      So I ask, what do you love about TRiBot and what do you hate about TRiBot? What does O S Bot, Rune M8, PowR Bot and Dre amBot do better? (yes I purposely didn't spell it right 😂).

      Love, 

      RileyZ
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • Hello TRiBot,

      Today we have a significant release that has been in the works for the last month addressing several key issues, features and bugs in the backlog.

      With these changes, we are also including a new TRiBot Loader which will allow you to select any version that is released. This adds the flexibility of allowing you to revert to a previous version should an issue arise, run development only builds, view an accurate change log between versions etc. we are very proud to offer this feature and think it will add a lot more functionality down the road as we continue to release new versions.

      These changes include 80+ commits by our development team, a list of them is summarized below and also available for your viewing pleasure in the new TRiBot Loader.

      In addition, we have taken additional steps to improve as a development team by adding continuous integration and deployment into our workflow to assist in delivering timely releases such as bug fixes as well as new features on a weekly basis depending on our development cycle.
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 39 replies
    • Over the last three weeks, I've been working on upgrading our server infrastructure. It's finally ready and is now live!

      Why?

      Increased reliability - less server errors


      Increased availability - less downtime


      Increased security - keeping us and you secure


      Increased capacity - ability to serve you better


      Increased speed - less waiting for things to load


      Faster development - server and service updates will come faster


      What are the changes?

      Move from a single AWS EC2 instance to AWS ECS (Elastic Container Service)


      Distributed computing


      Load balancing


      Git management of server files and filesystem


      Redis caching


      How?

      AWS ECS (with 10 EC2 instances)


      AWS ElastiCache (Redis)


      AWS Load Balancing


      AWS EFS (Elastic file system)


      Please bare with us as I continue to tune the server for maximum performance. Slow loading speeds may occur temporarily. I thank everyone for their patience.

      Please post on this thread if you experience any issues other than slow loading times.
        • Like
      • 51 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...