Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ace_001

Does Hours per day reflect ban rate?

Recommended Posts

This is unknown as jagex would never share such data. Botters have assumed positions on both sides of the spectrum (some bot few hours a day, some 12 hours straight, and some 24/7). Regarding bans, all you have is anecdotal evidence on the forums. My suggestion is to try different botting strategies/settings on a throwaway account before attempting it with an account you value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Survivorship bias:

Quote

Survivorship bias or survival bias is the logical error of concentrating on the people or things that made it past some selection process and overlooking those that did not, typically because of their lack of visibility. This can lead to false conclusions in several different ways. It is a form of selection bias.

For every 50 hour proggie out there, there are 100 accounts banned doing the exact same thing. 

There are a number of factors that go into an accounts survivability wrt bans, and we cannot completely understand how these factors affect bans. And it is my anecdotal belief that the more human like you bot, the less likely you are to be banned as it is a factor that MAY influence your ban rate.

That's why I bot exactly how I would play- and I personally cannot play 15 hours a day under normal circumstances. So I stick to more logical playtimes.

In doing so, I've never been banned. (Not counting an account I intentionally suicided just to see what it would take to get banned)

Edited by BitzLeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BitzLeon said:

Survivorship bias:

For every 50 hour proggie out there, there are 100 accounts banned doing the exact same thing. 

There are a number of factors that go into an accounts survivability wrt bans, and we cannot completely understand how these factors affect bans. And it is my anecdotal belief that the more human like you bot, the less likely you are to be banned as it is a factor that MAY influence your ban rate.

That's why I bot exactly how I would play- and I personally cannot play 15 hours a day under normal circumstances. So I stick to more logical playtimes.

In doing so, I've never been banned. (Not counting an account I intentionally suicided just to see what it would take to get banned)

Well written, no one truly knows what jagex does to detect bots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BitzLeon said:

Survivorship bias:

For every 50 hour proggie out there, there are 100 accounts banned doing the exact same thing. 

There are a number of factors that go into an accounts survivability wrt bans, and we cannot completely understand how these factors affect bans. And it is my anecdotal belief that the more human like you bot, the less likely you are to be banned as it is a factor that MAY influence your ban rate.

That's why I bot exactly how I would play- and I personally cannot play 15 hours a day under normal circumstances. So I stick to more logical playtimes.

In doing so, I've never been banned. (Not counting an account I intentionally suicided just to see what it would take to get banned)

People, who think botting 24/7 works well because they've had success doing it during Holiday period, are probably going to learn otherwise very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, contemporary said:

People, who think botting 24/7 works well because they've had success doing it during Holiday period, are probably going to learn otherwise very soon.

That to me is the weirdest assumption. Do they think all analytical play data isn't recorded just because no one is in the office? 😂 

I mean, why would they would be using some sort of automation to combat automation. /s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BitzLeon said:

Survivorship bias:

For every 50 hour proggie out there, there are 100 accounts banned doing the exact same thing. 

There are a number of factors that go into an accounts survivability wrt bans, and we cannot completely understand how these factors affect bans. And it is my anecdotal belief that the more human like you bot, the less likely you are to be banned as it is a factor that MAY influence your ban rate.

That's why I bot exactly how I would play- and I personally cannot play 15 hours a day under normal circumstances. So I stick to more logical playtimes.

In doing so, I've never been banned. (Not counting an account I intentionally suicided just to see what it would take to get banned)

Do you have a main account by any chance? And if so, how far have you managed to get it with botting like this? Also, how long have you been botting for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, gyrate said:

Do you have a main account by any chance? And if so, how far have you managed to get it with botting like this? Also, how long have you been botting for?

Yes, since 2010. Same account, no bans. I botted all of rs3 and now osrs. Again, survivorship bias- Everything I say is anecdotal so I cannot write you a guide on being safe without outright saying "bot as you would play". (Which honestly, is the only advice I can give)

Edited by BitzLeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i find you have a lot higher ban rate if you are earning GP as it effects their economy system on a mass scale, but as bitzleon said, its purely anecdotal evidence based on my experience, also, i found it helps to have botted an account that has plenty of legit playtime on it, as i had 6 zulrah accounts banned today but my main that i have 2000+ legit hrs playtime survived, all botted 17-20 hours a day for the past two weeks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BitzLeon said:

Yes, since 2010. Same account, no bans. I botted all of rs3 and now osrs. Again, survivorship bias- Everything I say is anecdotal so I cannot write you a guide on being safe without outright saying "bot as you would play". (Which honestly, is the only advice I can give)

Is it maxed by now? That's a lot of botting, even if you only started osrs in 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Our picks

    • This update features:

      Fixed broken hooks from today's update


      Fix wilderness level with RuneLite (Thanks @Todd)


      Add support for Kotlin .class files in scripts (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Overhaul Inventory API (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Add List support for common methods


      Change method grouping to make more sense (by functionality)


      Refactor methods to utilize Java 8 streams instead of cumbersome loops




      Recognize chatbox minimization (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix Screen#isInViewport when NPC chat is open (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix login bot bugs (Thanks @erickho123)


      Fix hint arrow return values (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix depositAllExcept functionality (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Change containing box interface bound and adjust for Y values (Thanks @erickho123)
        • Like
      • 150 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix prayers and world hopper API (Thanks @JoeDezzy1 and @erickho123)


      Improve banking API (Thanks @Encoded)


      Adds methods for returning and using Java Lists, rather than arrays


      Slightly randomizes some hardcoded behaviour


      Removes sleeps from waitConditions; the efficiency saving potential is negligible in these use-cases, therefore cleaner code is preferable


      Other back-end improvements





      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Sad
        • Haha
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 90 replies
    • This release will:

      Add new internal framework for capturing exceptions


      Fix issue with not selecting the last column in world hopper (Thanks @Todd)


      Add a message about pin usage in Banking#openBank (Thanks @Todd)


      Disable the firewall by default (Thanks @Todd)


      Fix handling of the welcome screen after login (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix wrong amount bank withdrawal (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix Screen#isInViewport


      Fix Game#isInViewport (Thanks @Encoded)


      Call onBreakEnd for ListenerManager Breaking Listeners (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix Prayer#getPrayerPoints NumberFormatException (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 28 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix LG for both OSBuddy and RuneLite


      Fix issue where the resizable client isn't able to be made smaller (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix detection of the logout game tab when resizable mode and side panels are enabled (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Add initial support for Sentry to allow us to identify and easily debug exceptions happening with all TRiBot users


      Add methods to determine if the bank is actually loaded, and not just the overarching interface (Thanks @wastedbro)



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Full Sentry support


      Much more
        • Like
      • 64 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix NPE in Camera API (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Update deposit box interface ids (Thanks @Encoded)


      Add various bank methods (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Banking#getWithdrawXQuantity


      Banking#getDefaultWithdrawQuantity


      Banking#arePlaceholdersOn




      Fix resizeable minimap bug (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Remove Java 8 requirement


      Please note: TRiBot is not yet fully compatible with Java 10+




      Fix the break handler issues by ensuring the break handler thread never gets paused


      Fix broken settings hooks



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Much more



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
        • Like
      • 68 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...