Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hrnycucumber

Hacked within a week of using Tribot

Recommended Posts

Okay, so I logged onto my account today and found my character in clan wars at the banking chest. I had left him in Lumby. 

I use a unique password and I only use a popular combat/magic script. I did store my account info within the bots settings in case it was logged out.

I haven't been using the computer for much else over the past week since ive been busy.

Has there been some sort of database leak? What could have happened?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hrnycucumber said:

Okay, so I logged onto my account today and found my character in clan wars at the banking chest. I had left him in Lumby. 

I use a unique password and I only use a popular combat/magic script. I did store my account info within the bots settings in case it was logged out.

I haven't been using the computer for much else over the past week since ive been busy.

Has there been some sort of database leak? What could have happened?

 

you signing up for 'double xp' on a FAKE twitch stream

you downloading wrong runelite client, other than runelite.net

you registering for 'early access runelite mobile' 

 

Tribot cant hack you and will never will, you said it so youself, you use only A POPULAR COMBAT/MAGIC script, if it was hacking people, how come YOU are the only special cucumber that gets hacked? 

When things sound too good to be true, thats because they arent, you should start living by this rule my dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, filthyfrank said:

you signing up for 'double xp' on a FAKE twitch stream

you downloading wrong runelite client, other than runelite.net

you registering for 'early access runelite mobile' 

 

Tribot cant hack you and will never will, you said it so youself, you use only A POPULAR COMBAT/MAGIC script, if it was hacking people, how come YOU are the only special cucumber that gets hacked? 

When things sound too good to be true, thats because they arent, you should start living by this rule my dude. 

There are posts all over the forums about being hacked. One of my accounts got hacked last week after only a few days of botting. Didn't use anything other than OSbuddy. That was the first time I added my username/password into the client, haven't done it again since. Account didn't get stolen but all my money and items did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mynameizlung said:

There are posts all over the forums about being hacked. One of my accounts got hacked last week after only a few days of botting. Didn't use anything other than OSbuddy. That was the first time I added my username/password into the client, haven't done it again since. Account didn't get stolen but all my money and items did.  

yeah and every other of those 'being hacked' posts are from people with 1 post or recently joined. 

If theres actual 'hacking' going on, don't you think people like me or more hardcore gold farmers would get hit too ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, filthyfrank said:

you signing up for 'double xp' on a FAKE twitch stream

you downloading wrong runelite client, other than runelite.net

you registering for 'early access runelite mobile' 

 

Tribot cant hack you and will never will, you said it so youself, you use only A POPULAR COMBAT/MAGIC script, if it was hacking people, how come YOU are the only special cucumber that gets hacked? 

When things sound too good to be true, thats because they arent, you should start living by this rule my dude. 

"special cucumber " :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, filthyfrank said:

yeah and every other of those 'being hacked' posts are from people with 1 post or recently joined. 

If theres actual 'hacking' going on, don't you think people like me or more hardcore gold farmers would get hit too ?

Well of course they only have 1 post if they are posting for the first time because they got hacked. I don't think the hackers would necessarily know the contents of the account before getting hacked, my account was pretty poor (only about 3m). Had I engaged in some suspicious activities then I wouldn't jump to conclusions but at the moment there really isn't much other explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mynameizlung said:

Well of course they only have 1 post if they are posting for the first time because they got hacked. I don't think the hackers would necessarily know the contents of the account before getting hacked, my account was pretty poor (only about 3m). Had I engaged in some suspicious activities then I wouldn't jump to conclusions but at the moment there really isn't much other explanation.

i mean im sure you did something before using tribot, care to share? 

 

exilent client?

fake runelite client?

double xp sign up?

popular streamer giveaway/quitting stream?

fake mobile beta sign up? 

 

i can guarantee you tribot has no way to steal your account info, nor do the scripts, unless you tell me you used some script from a nobody then hats off to you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, filthyfrank said:

yeah and every other of those 'being hacked' posts are from people with 1 post or recently joined. 

If theres actual 'hacking' going on, don't you think people like me or more hardcore gold farmers would get hit too ?

Not everyone is an avid forum member and may only take to the forums when an issue arises... Also it doesn't really seem reasonable to discount what people are saying based on their post count. 

I mean dont get me wrong I really appreciate your advice on how I should live my life.. although it isn't relevant to this

Thanks for your help anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hrnycucumber said:

 

Not everyone is an avid forum member and may only take to the forums when an issue arises... Also it doesn't really seem reasonable to discount what people are saying based on their post count. 

I mean dont get me wrong I really appreciate your advice on how I should live my life.. although it isn't relevant to this

Thanks for your help anyway 

so you managed to set everything properly yourself, get a script and had no issues with it but yet you managed to get yourself hacked because you fell for a phishing scam? yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, filthyfrank said:

i mean im sure you did something before using tribot, care to share? 

 

exilent client?

fake runelite client?

double xp sign up?

popular streamer giveaway/quitting stream?

fake mobile beta sign up? 

 

i can guarantee you tribot has no way to steal your account info, nor do the scripts, unless you tell me you used some script from a nobody then hats off to you 

No, none of those. Downloaded OSbuddy, started playing, then downloaded tribot and played it. None of those that you mention. Feel free to make other suggestions but it won't be any of them. Not new to runescape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hrnycucumber said:

Not everyone is an avid forum member and may only take to the forums when an issue arises... Also it doesn't really seem reasonable to discount what people are saying based on their post count. 

Might be so, though theres a correlation between new users and accounts getting "hacked by tribot",  longer time users will realise that making those claims is absolutely ridiculous. This platform makes plenty of money on a monthly bases, stealing your 10m wont change anything. Just because tribot is the latest program you have downloaded and used for runescape lately, doesn't mean its the reason for your hack. You have probably been phished through an other way (possibly even weeks ago).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 1:17 AM, hrnycucumber said:

Okay, so I logged onto my account today and found my character in clan wars at the banking chest. I had left him in Lumby. 

I use a unique password and I only use a popular combat/magic script. I did store my account info within the bots settings in case it was logged out.

I haven't been using the computer for much else over the past week since ive been busy.

Has there been some sort of database leak? What could have happened?

 

Whatever you're insinuating, come out with it dude. Quit beating around the bush lmfao... Tribot didn't hack. The faggots phishing you did. Quit downloading stuff you're not supposed to. Phishers do what they do because they're people that are that will fall for their tricks. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id bet 100m Osrs GP that you are using an email which has been leaked on a different forums for your OS login. Try using https://haveibeenpwned.com/

enter your email and see if you've been leaked anywhere, using the same passwords is how many members of botting communities get their accounts taken. IF this isin't the case and you've not been leaked id suggest taking your computer to a professional, unless you know how to look and successfully remove a virus and or RAT. Goodluck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

"Lesson of the day: don't  be a simpleton."

 

Yup, that sums up just about everything.

By the way, new guy here! Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, treating my Pomeranian to his dog bone and watching TV with my brother. Such a simple, yet, happy life. Cheers, everyone!

Edited by BenSaber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 5:14 AM, sexpert said:

Id bet 100m Osrs GP that you are using an email which has been leaked on a different forums for your OS login. Try using https://haveibeenpwned.com/

enter your email and see if you've been leaked anywhere, using the same passwords is how many members of botting communities get their accounts taken. IF this isin't the case and you've not been leaked id suggest taking your computer to a professional, unless you know how to look and successfully remove a virus and or RAT. Goodluck.

That moment when you try your email for fun and see this 

"Oh no — pwned!

Pwned on 6 breached sites and found no pastes (subscribe to search sensitive breaches)"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Our picks

    • This update features:

      Fixed broken hooks from today's update


      Fix wilderness level with RuneLite (Thanks @Todd)


      Add support for Kotlin .class files in scripts (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Overhaul Inventory API (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Add List support for common methods


      Change method grouping to make more sense (by functionality)


      Refactor methods to utilize Java 8 streams instead of cumbersome loops




      Recognize chatbox minimization (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix Screen#isInViewport when NPC chat is open (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix login bot bugs (Thanks @erickho123)


      Fix hint arrow return values (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix depositAllExcept functionality (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Change containing box interface bound and adjust for Y values (Thanks @erickho123)
        • Like
      • 150 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix prayers and world hopper API (Thanks @JoeDezzy1 and @erickho123)


      Improve banking API (Thanks @Encoded)


      Adds methods for returning and using Java Lists, rather than arrays


      Slightly randomizes some hardcoded behaviour


      Removes sleeps from waitConditions; the efficiency saving potential is negligible in these use-cases, therefore cleaner code is preferable


      Other back-end improvements





      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Sad
        • Haha
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 90 replies
    • This release will:

      Add new internal framework for capturing exceptions


      Fix issue with not selecting the last column in world hopper (Thanks @Todd)


      Add a message about pin usage in Banking#openBank (Thanks @Todd)


      Disable the firewall by default (Thanks @Todd)


      Fix handling of the welcome screen after login (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix wrong amount bank withdrawal (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix Screen#isInViewport


      Fix Game#isInViewport (Thanks @Encoded)


      Call onBreakEnd for ListenerManager Breaking Listeners (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix Prayer#getPrayerPoints NumberFormatException (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 28 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix LG for both OSBuddy and RuneLite


      Fix issue where the resizable client isn't able to be made smaller (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix detection of the logout game tab when resizable mode and side panels are enabled (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Add initial support for Sentry to allow us to identify and easily debug exceptions happening with all TRiBot users


      Add methods to determine if the bank is actually loaded, and not just the overarching interface (Thanks @wastedbro)



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Full Sentry support


      Much more
        • Like
      • 64 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix NPE in Camera API (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Update deposit box interface ids (Thanks @Encoded)


      Add various bank methods (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Banking#getWithdrawXQuantity


      Banking#getDefaultWithdrawQuantity


      Banking#arePlaceholdersOn




      Fix resizeable minimap bug (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Remove Java 8 requirement


      Please note: TRiBot is not yet fully compatible with Java 10+




      Fix the break handler issues by ensuring the break handler thread never gets paused


      Fix broken settings hooks



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Much more



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
        • Like
      • 68 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...