Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miggo13

Looking glass black screen

Does this problem appear more often, if yes what did you do and what caused the problem?

I just tried to load tribot after a long time with Looking glass, and i hook it and its just black

What kind of java version do you have installed.

Java JDK 1.8.0 102 32bit and 64bit

What did you try to fix this yourself?

I tried to use 32bit osbuddy but it doesent recognize it since i dont know how to load tribot in 32bit

What kind of OS are you using?

Windows 10

1 hour ago, miggo13 said:

The problem is that it hooks, but just stays black  when i use looking glass

I've done some tests on my main with LG just now. .exe file for RSBuddy does NOT work, and goes to the "black screen" you've mentioned.

Make sure you use .jar loaders for either RSBuddy or Runelite. Both work. You can get them by selecting "Cross-platform" or "for all platforms" versions in respective websites.

LG does not work on OSbuddy - Even with the latest java version.

Runelite crashes on LG if you press any key . So basically... LG does not work right now with any client. @Fluffee If you read the recent update thread i am not the only one facing this issue, infact this runelite crashing was already brought up weeks ago !

I can't bot while using my computer !

2 hours ago, dantan said:

LG does not work on OSbuddy - Even with the latest java version.

Runelite crashes on LG if you press any key . So basically... LG does not work right now with any client. @Fluffee If you read the recent update thread i am not the only one facing this issue, infact this runelite crashing was already brought up weeks ago !

I can't bot while using my computer !

Follow the steps outlined above, I fixed this same issue for miggo13 yesterday :)

41 minutes ago, Fluffee said:

Follow the steps outlined above, I fixed this same issue for miggo13 yesterday :)

Are you saying that the only reason why the lot of us cant get it to work on OSB is because we are using 64bit ?  Prior to this 64bit worked fine.

As for runelite - It does work but it crashes when you press any key.

2 minutes ago, dantan said:

Are you saying that the only reason why the lot of us cant get it to work on OSB is because we are using 64bit ?  Prior to this 64bit worked fine.

As for runelite - It does work but it crashes when you press any key.

I'm unsure. I don't use LG myself, perhaps that did actually change and now the 32 bit version is the only stable one.

However, it does still work, albeit things may have changed. A first step, is to downgrade to JDK 8u102, 32 or 64 bit and see if that works.

1 minute ago, Fluffee said:

I'm unsure. I don't use LG myself, perhaps that did actually change and now the 32 bit version is the only stable one.

However, it does still work, albeit things may have changed. A first step, is to downgrade to JDK 8u102, 32 or 64 bit and see if that works.

You don't use LG .... You are "support" you should be able to test for us instead of asking us to go through the trouble of installing/uninstalling something that probably won't change the outcome.

Also to clarify, miggo never said it works unless he messaged you privately saying your fix worked.

What are you saying that actually "works" ? ( which client are you talking about ? )

OSB definitely does not work. Runelite works provided you don't press any key after u start a script, if you press any key it crashes.

23 minutes ago, dantan said:

You don't use LG .... You are "support" you should be able to test for us instead of asking us to go through the trouble of installing/uninstalling something that probably won't change the outcome.

I don't actively use LG, yes. However, for subjects I am not perfectly informed about I do my best to ensure I have accurate information. As such, when the issues started arising I instantly started asking friends of mine who run farms exclusively on LG if it was still working, and if it was, what their setup looked like. Which is how I was able to come up with the solution for Miggo. The instructions happening to be the exact same as they were over a year ago was just a coincidence, but it is interesting that the same instructions I was sharing months ago still apply.

Also to clarify, miggo never said it works unless he messaged you privately saying your fix worked.

This is precisely what happened. He didn't think my instructions would hold water, so he asked for help privately. I connected via TeamViewer, followed the first instruction on the list and fixed the issue.

What are you saying that actually "works" ? ( which client are you talking about ? )

From what I understand JDK 8u102 (32 bit) works with the OSBuddy.jar on Windows, and most likely Linux as well. As I personally run Linux, it's hard to for me to test a Windows setup; however I'll load a VM in a few minutes to get some more results. I can also attest to JDK 8u181 (64 bit) working fine with the RuneLite.jar on Linux (Debian 9 to be precise).

OSB definitely does not work. Runelite works provided you don't press any key after u start a script, if you press any key it crashes.

OSBuddy does work, definitely so with the instructions I recommended you follow. I'm unable to test every combination of JDK versions, and OSBuddy variants, so my instructions are rather specific. RuneLite also works, at least on Linux, I just tested this. Feel free to see my screenshot here (https://i.imgur.com/F2XJOIf.png)

Overall, while I don't run LG actively, I do my best to ensure I know what setups will work as LG can be rather finnicky at times. I strongly encourage you follow the steps I linked above, I have no idea why your working setup stopped working, but I know the steps above will help you :)

I'll report back with some different results in a few minutes

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dantan said:

I know it's frustrating when things don't work as intended, but let's try to keep the conversation as civil as possible.

Here are settings I got LG working with on my main account, maybe that will help you:

x64 JDK 1.8, build 191 on Windows OS, using latest stable Tribot version. Both Runelite and OSBuddy .exe launchers don't work, use .jar instead. Here's direct Runelite .jar launcher link:

https://github.com/runelite/launcher/releases/download/1.6.1/RuneLite.jar

To get OSBuddy.jar, choose "Cross-platform (Suitable for Windows 32-bit)" in https://rsbuddy.com/#download

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, contemporary said:

I know it's frustrating when things don't work as intended, but let's try to keep the conversation as civil as possible.

Here are settings I got LG working with on my main account, maybe that will help you:

x64 JDK 1.8, build 191 on Windows OS, using latest stable Tribot version. Both Runelite and OSBuddy .exe launchers don't work, use .jar instead. Here's direct Runelite .jar launcher link:

https://github.com/runelite/launcher/releases/download/1.6.1/RuneLite.jar

To get OSBuddy.jar, choose "Cross-platform (Suitable for Windows 32-bit)" in https://rsbuddy.com/#download

I have the same exact setup as you. Runelite does work but it crashes after pressing a key, it does not crash right away but after a script runs and when you switch back to runelite client.

Are you using resizable ?

Edited by dantan

Just now, dantan said:

I have the same exact setup as you. Runelite does work but it crashes after pressing a key, it does not crash right away but after a script runs and when you switch back to runelite client.

When does the crash happen? I want to see if I can recreate this, is it essentially this process?

• Launch TRiBot and RuneLite, hook TRiBot to RuneLite
  • Run a script on TRiBot
  • Type in the RuneScape window via (I'm not sure which client)
  • Stop the script
  • Bring RuneLite into focus
  • RuneLite crashes

I'm hoping I can try to find a workaround if I can get the crash to happen consistently 🙂

7 minutes ago, Fluffee said:

When does the crash happen? I want to see if I can recreate this, is it essentially this process?

• Launch TRiBot and RuneLite, hook TRiBot to RuneLite
  • Run a script on TRiBot
  • Type in the RuneScape window via (I'm not sure which client)
  • Stop the script
  • Bring RuneLite into focus
  • RuneLite crashes

I'm hoping I can try to find a workaround if I can get the crash to happen consistently 🙂

I just tested it again. Ill do the break down.

1. Start runelite ( resizable )
  2. Start Tribot
  3. Press any key
  4. Runelite crashes but tribot LG still open

Then on my desktop i get a log file generated " hs_err_pid#####.log"

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000685e54ee, pid=#####, tid=0x0000000000002ac0

Edited by dantan

Just now, dantan said:

I just tested it again. Ill do the break down.

1. Start runelite ( resizable )
  2. Start Tribot
  3. Press any key

Then on my desktop i get a log file generated " hs_err_pid#####.log"

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000685e54ee, pid=#####, tid=0x0000000000002ac0

Does it matter in which client you press the keys?

2 minutes ago, Fluffee said:

I was not; however I did manage to get the client to hook to the RuneLite.exe. I'm checking to see if the OSBuddy.exe wants to also cooperate

Very odd that you can't replicate it. I will try on my laptop and see if it doesn't crash.

3 hours ago, dantan said:

Very odd that you can't replicate it. I will try on my laptop and see if it doesn't crash.

I did some tests, here's what I came up with:

• OSBuddy64.exe doesn't seem to want to work with any of the JDKs I tried. I believe I tested around 10 or so. It only attempted to hook on 102, the rest just said that no client could be found
  • RuneLite.exe works on some JDKs, but not all. it did work quite reliably on JDK 8u102
  • Both RuneLite.jar and OSBuddy.jar work on most of the JDKs
  • RuneLite will crash if you type something if it is not focused while TRiBot hooks to it. What you need to do, to prevent this, is to have RuneLite loaded, start a new Looking Glass client, then refocus RuneLite and wait for TRiBot to fully hook. Then you should be able to type in RuneLite without issue

I'll throw up a tutorial in an hour or two when I finish some other things

On 12/3/2018 at 2:22 AM, Fluffee said:

RuneLite will crash if you type something if it is not focused while TRiBot hooks to it. What you need to do, to prevent this, is to have RuneLite loaded, start a new Looking Glass client, then refocus RuneLite and wait for TRiBot to fully hook. Then you should be able to type in RuneLite without issue 

Tutorial for this @Fluffee I tried to follow but it still crashes for me after typing.