Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
omizingo84

Accounts keep getting locked

I ran all of my accounts through proxies.  They all keep getting blocked a few minutes after leaving tutorial island.  I decided to do a trial with one today - I made sure I was using a virgin and private IP, I created the account on the IP I was using to play the account with the Maxthon browser, I verified the email, I did the whole of tutorial island without the use of a bot, and I haven't botted on it at all.

Yet somehow the account was still blocked mere minutes after leaving island on suspicion that it had been stolen.  I really don't understand what I am doing wrong, is it possible my client is outdated or something?

Many thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, omizingo84 said:

I ran all of my accounts through proxies.  They all keep getting blocked a few minutes after leaving tutorial island.  I decided to do a trial with one today - I made sure I was using a virgin and private IP, I created the account on the IP I was using to play the account with the Maxthon browser, I verified the email, I did the whole of tutorial island without the use of a bot, and I haven't botted on it at all.

Yet somehow the account was still blocked mere minutes after leaving island on suspicion that it had been stolen.  I really don't understand what I am doing wrong, is it possible my client is outdated or something?

Many thanks in advance

Well, your IP is almost certainly not "virgin". Top-level IPv4 IP address exhaustion occurred years ago. It's not possible to create a brand new IPv4 address. They're all recycled at this point, and there's no way to confirm whether or not any given one has been "used".

Also, Jagex can clearly see your IP comes from a giant data center somewhere. Considering 99.9% of legit OSRS players don't play using a massive data center IP, they can pretty much already see you're up to something sketchy (most likely botting).

You're best bet is to use your home IP until you have 20+ bots or so running concurrently. Using a proxy with only a couple bots is a waste of money and sabotages you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wastedbro said:

Well, your IP is almost certainly not "virgin". Top-level IPv4 IP address exhaustion occurred years ago. It's not possible to create a brand new IPv4 address. They're all recycled at this point, and there's no way to confirm whether or not any given one has been "used". 

Also, Jagex can clearly see your IP comes from a giant data center somewhere. Considering 99.9% of legit OSRS players don't play using a massive data center IP, they can pretty much already see you're up to something sketchy (most likely botting).

You're best bet is to use your home IP until you have 20+ bots or so running concurrently. Using a proxy with only a couple bots is a waste of money and sabotages you.

Thank you for your feedback,

I understand that there are no new IPv4 addresses, although I was under the impression that IPs advertised as 'virgins' were IPs that had been sitting around doing nothing until purchase, although I realise now that I was wrong.

Does this mean that I will be unable to bot using a proxy at all? From what I have seen, running a couple of bots per proxy seems to be what is recommended.  I do not wish to bot from my home IP, as that is the IP that I use to legitimately play on my main.  Also 20+ bots from a single IP seems to be quite suspicious - surely Jagex would quickly pick up on that and chain ban you?

Just now, omizingo84 said:

Thank you for your feedback,

I understand that there are no new IPv4 addresses, although I was under the impression that IPs advertised as 'virgins' were IPs that had been sitting around doing nothing until purchase, although I realise now that I was wrong.

Does this mean that I will be unable to bot using a proxy at all? From what I have seen, running a couple of bots per proxy seems to be what is recommended.  I do not wish to bot from my home IP, as that is the IP that I use to legitimately play on my main.  Also 20+ bots from a single IP seems to be quite suspicious - surely Jagex would quickly pick up on that and chain ban you?

Botting on proxies is certainly more difficult than botting on your home IP. 

I've never had a chain ban from 5-15 simultaneously running accounts. I've had wipes, but they were clearly mass bans (unrelated to IP). I've used my "main" on the same machine as every bot I've ever had banned, and it's still alive to this day (despite roughly 50-100 bans on the same machine(s) it's logged on from).

One of the reasons I became very suspicious of chain bans was one day where I had 6 accounts running on the same method, same breaks, same machine, no proxies. I woke up to 5 banned and 1 alive. The one that was alive had better stats, more playtime, and was a bit of an older account (nothing special, though). I realized that had I been chain banned, this account wouldn't have survived. 

It helped me visualize the misconception I see where people assume that when they have multiple bans, it must be through IP.

On top of that, despite dozens and dozens of bans, many on the same IP, I've never had any trouble firing up my main or just a new account to bot on. 

I'm not saying chain banning or IP flagging is a myth, but I am saying that unless you're a big farmer, you may as well disregard them, as you're unlikely to experience them. However, sometimes things happen to small farmers that look like IP flagging or chain bans, and it leads to this misinformation.

Of course, despite all of these normalities, it does not mean anomalies don't exist. Just because it's extremely unlikely that your main is at risk from botting another account on your IP, it doesn't mean it's not possible. To minimize this, I would recommend not botting while you're playing legitimately.

21 minutes ago, taraz said:

Then unlock the account :P 

Hope i did help ur 5 man army :P

From what I've been reading (and what I've experienced) your account becoming locked straight after tut island means that you IP is flagged, and you will be monitored for botting. The majority of my bots have been banned within a few days of running (and that's running for less than 4 hours a day).

14 minutes ago, omizingo84 said:

From what I've been reading (and what I've experienced) your account becoming locked straight after tut island means that you IP is flagged, and you will be monitored for botting. The majority of my bots have been banned within a few days of running (and that's running for less than 4 hours a day).

What do you expect when you use a "BOT"? 

if u just unlock the account takes like 30 max 45 SEC! and ur account is fine. i did got an 99 Agility account with an locked account at first did last all the way to 99 

Ip Flagging is a joke.  they only Flagg DataCenter ips and if u use Home ips like Residential ips then you good :P would cost around 30$ dollar each. 

Edited by taraz

19 minutes ago, omizingo84 said:

becoming locked straight after tut island means that you IP is flagged, and you will be monitored for botting

Not true.

Tons of people use datacenter proxies and get locks. They unlock, and keep going as normal.

You can follow Runescape account unlock process, or try: registering a legit email or changing account password to unlock.

• Like 1