Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
hyperr222

Where can I find a decent opensource script project

Recommended Posts

Wasn't sure where to post this as the tutorial section for scripts is filled with well, tutorials so I assume new threads asking questions isn't allowed.

 

Anyways, I was curious if anyone knows of a decent opensource script, so I can hopefully familiarize myself with a generalized architecture, and flow of scripting project. Unfortunately, most of the tutorials talk about the basics but are a little shallow when it comes to intermediate or advanced topics. I did read into the tasks, and node frameworks, which were excellent reads, but I am still lacking a general foundation on best practices when it comes to the scope of script development.

 

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

 

-Hyperr

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, YoHoJo said:

Thanks but, unfortunately, there is no filter or keyword that would assist in narrowing down quality of the code in the open source project itself.

Quote

Another good resource are the approved scripter applications. 

Oh good idea, thanks,

Edited by hyperr222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hyperr222 said:

Thanks but, unfortunately, there is no filter or keyword that would assist in narrowing down quality of the code in the open source project itself.

Could check through the thread real quick. If any of the script are still actively used, they are probably worth learning something from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hyperr222 said:

Wasn't sure where to post this as the tutorial section for scripts is filled with well, tutorials so I assume new threads asking questions isn't allowed.

https://tribot.org/forums/forum/125-scripting-help/

 

36 minutes ago, hyperr222 said:

Anyways, I was curious if anyone knows of a decent opensource script, so I can hopefully familiarize myself with a generalized architecture, and flow of scripting project. Unfortunately, most of the tutorials talk about the basics but are a little shallow when it comes to intermediate or advanced topics. I did read into the tasks, and node frameworks, which were excellent reads, but I am still lacking a general foundation on best practices when it comes to the scope of script development.

I've covered some intermediate concepts in this guide, but you are definitely going to benefit from reading actual source code. I would recommend the following:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hyperr222 Hey man! I myself was searching for open source scripts yesterday. Here are two that I found to be extremely helpful for the architecture ideas! Both are active in the free scripts repository!

Fluffee's Red Dragon Killer:

https://bitbucket.org/Fluffee/fluffeesreddragonkiller/src/master/

Assume's Assume-Chopper

https://github.com/Assume/Assume-Chopper

Lastly, going through the free scripts repository may lead you to find some open source scripts if you check their threads. I also searched the repository by "open source" which is how I found Fluffee's RDK. Scripter applications is maybe the best recommendation!

Edited by reinstalled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 3:43 AM, Einstein said:

https://tribot.org/forums/forum/125-scripting-help/

 

I've covered some intermediate concepts in this guide, but you are definitely going to benefit from reading actual source code. I would recommend the following:

 

Thank you, I took a look at your guide already, it was really well written and it gave great modular ideas. I'll take a look at these thank you again.

14 hours ago, reinstalled said:

@hyperr222 Hey man! I myself was searching for open source scripts yesterday. Here are two that I found to be extremely helpful for the architecture ideas! Both are active in the free scripts repository!

Fluffee's Red Dragon Killer:

https://bitbucket.org/Fluffee/fluffeesreddragonkiller/src/master/

Assume's Assume-Chopper

https://github.com/Assume/Assume-Chopper

Lastly, going through the free scripts repository may lead you to find some open source scripts if you check their threads. I also searched the repository by "open source" which is how I found Fluffee's RDK. Scripter applications is maybe the best recommendation!

Thanks! I'll check these dudes out as well.

 

I forgot how helpful this community is thanks again, guys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Our picks

    • This update features:

      Fixed broken hooks from today's update


      Fix wilderness level with RuneLite (Thanks @Todd)


      Add support for Kotlin .class files in scripts (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Overhaul Inventory API (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Add List support for common methods


      Change method grouping to make more sense (by functionality)


      Refactor methods to utilize Java 8 streams instead of cumbersome loops




      Recognize chatbox minimization (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix Screen#isInViewport when NPC chat is open (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix login bot bugs (Thanks @erickho123)


      Fix hint arrow return values (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix depositAllExcept functionality (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Change containing box interface bound and adjust for Y values (Thanks @erickho123)
        • Like
      • 150 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix prayers and world hopper API (Thanks @JoeDezzy1 and @erickho123)


      Improve banking API (Thanks @Encoded)


      Adds methods for returning and using Java Lists, rather than arrays


      Slightly randomizes some hardcoded behaviour


      Removes sleeps from waitConditions; the efficiency saving potential is negligible in these use-cases, therefore cleaner code is preferable


      Other back-end improvements





      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Sad
        • Haha
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 90 replies
    • This release will:

      Add new internal framework for capturing exceptions


      Fix issue with not selecting the last column in world hopper (Thanks @Todd)


      Add a message about pin usage in Banking#openBank (Thanks @Todd)


      Disable the firewall by default (Thanks @Todd)


      Fix handling of the welcome screen after login (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix wrong amount bank withdrawal (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix Screen#isInViewport


      Fix Game#isInViewport (Thanks @Encoded)


      Call onBreakEnd for ListenerManager Breaking Listeners (Thanks @Encoded)


      Fix Prayer#getPrayerPoints NumberFormatException (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 28 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix LG for both OSBuddy and RuneLite


      Fix issue where the resizable client isn't able to be made smaller (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix detection of the logout game tab when resizable mode and side panels are enabled (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Add initial support for Sentry to allow us to identify and easily debug exceptions happening with all TRiBot users


      Add methods to determine if the bank is actually loaded, and not just the overarching interface (Thanks @wastedbro)



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Full Sentry support


      Much more
        • Like
      • 64 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix NPE in Camera API (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Update deposit box interface ids (Thanks @Encoded)


      Add various bank methods (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Banking#getWithdrawXQuantity


      Banking#getDefaultWithdrawQuantity


      Banking#arePlaceholdersOn




      Fix resizeable minimap bug (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Remove Java 8 requirement


      Please note: TRiBot is not yet fully compatible with Java 10+




      Fix the break handler issues by ensuring the break handler thread never gets paused


      Fix broken settings hooks



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Much more



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
        • Like
      • 68 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...