Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ConnorM

Bot Automatic Login Help

Hello, 

Last night my VPS internet went down and my accounts were stuck trying to login for 'X' amount of time. When I woke up, reset the VPS and got the connection back I found out that all of the accounts were banned.

Could RS see that they were trying to login even without any internet connection?

If so, is there a way I can stop the accounts trying to login if the internet does go off, or do I just have to turn automatic relogging off? But if I turn it off, how do I do breaks?

Thank you.

Edited by ConnorM

6 hours ago, ConnorM said:

Hello, 

Last night my VPS internet went down and my accounts were stuck trying to login for 'X' amount of time. When I woke up, reset the VPS and got the connection back I found out that all of the accounts were banned.

Could RS see that they were trying to login even without any internet connection?

If so, is there a way I can stop the accounts trying to login if the internet does go off, or do I just have to turn automatic relogging off? But if I turn it off, how do I do breaks?

Thank you.

runescape wouldn't be able to send the login attempts to their server without internet connection. they might save the data and send it as soon as your internet goes back on, who knows?

Jagex works with delayed bans, which means that even though your accounts are still logged in, they could already be banned. this can take from minutes to hours. So theres a big chance the bans you got weren't from this.

Edited by gef30

6 hours ago, ConnorM said:

Hello, 

Thank you.

No, it's extremely unlikely they do this. Almost zero chance whatsoever. First of all, they can't see anything you do if you don't have an internet connection.

Second, repeatedly trying to log in isn't a bannable offense, so why would you get banned for it?

26 minutes ago, gef30 said:

runescape wouldn't be able to send the login attempts to their server without internet connection. they might save the data and send it as soon as your internet goes back on, who knows?

Jagex works with delayed bans, which means that even though your accounts are still logged in, they could already be banned. this can take from minutes to hours. So theres a big chance the bans you got weren't from this.

That's what I would have thought, but I've been running a large amount of bots and stopped over 90% to do something last night with them, after running all for 4-5 days but the only ones that got banned were the ones that got stuck in the login loop?

I know they can't send a login request when their is no physical connection I just found it strange how it was only those 4 accounts 

Just now, wastedbro said:

No, it's extremely unlikely they do this. Almost zero chance whatsoever. First of all, they can't see anything you do if you don't have an internet connection.

Second, repeatedly trying to log in isn't a bannable offense, so why would you get banned for it?

I know that a connection isn't their so login requests would not be sent but I do not understand why the 4 I left in the login loop got banned whilst all the others did not. They were all botting the same amount, exact same bot etc yet only the 4 I forgot to turn off got banned. I mean this could just be a coincidence. 

Logging in is not bannable no, but an account trying to login repeatedly for 6 hours may seem a bit suspicious.. I mean, a real person would not sit there logging in for 6 hours if they're not connecting 

12 minutes ago, ConnorM said:

I know that a connection isn't their so login requests would not be sent but I do not understand why the 4 I left in the login loop got banned whilst all the others did not. They were all botting the same amount, exact same bot etc yet only the 4 I forgot to turn off got banned. I mean this could just be a coincidence. 

Logging in is not bannable no, but an account trying to login repeatedly for 6 hours may seem a bit suspicious.. I mean, a real person would not sit there logging in for 6 hours if they're not connecting 

No, but keep in mind, Jagex isn't looking at your screen. They only collect data they think will be helpful. It seems unlikely they would choose something like this, because of the fact it's not that common and probably not a great indicator of bots.

Your situation is probably a coincidence, or perhaps there's another factor you aren't thinking of (think about every difference). 

If you still feel otherwise, you're more than welcome to keep testing it. If it truly is consistent, then maybe you're on to something. However, for now, I'm still chalking it up to pure coincidence.

6 minutes ago, wastedbro said:

No, but keep in mind, Jagex isn't looking at your screen. They only collect data they think will be helpful. It seems unlikely they would choose something like this, because of the fact it's not that common and probably not a great indicator of bots.

Your situation is probably a coincidence, or perhaps there's another factor you aren't thinking of (think about every difference). 

If you still feel otherwise, you're more than welcome to keep testing it. If it truly is consistent, then maybe you're on to something. However, for now, I'm still chalking it up to pure coincidence.

I'd have to disagree it that it isn't a great indicator as a real life human would not login over and over for an hour if it just says 'Error connecting', not even for 2 minutes.

I mean, it must be a coincidence I just found it very very odd that it was only those stuck in the loop that saw the banhammer, even those that were created same day/trading same mule - Even those that are older are surviving. There really is no difference in my accounts at all, unless a Jmod was actually active in game and banned me before they disconnected I have no idea.

I obviously believe that it couldn't be for this reason purely as I had no connection so their should be no login attempts. Back to the previous questions though - Is there any settings in tribot that stops automatically logging in after 5 failed attempts or not?

Thanks for the replies as well :)

1 hour ago, ConnorM said:

I'd have to disagree it that it isn't a great indicator as a real life human would not login over and over for an hour if it just says 'Error connecting', not even for 2 minutes.

I mean, it must be a coincidence I just found it very very odd that it was only those stuck in the loop that saw the banhammer, even those that were created same day/trading same mule - Even those that are older are surviving. There really is no difference in my accounts at all, unless a Jmod was actually active in game and banned me before they disconnected I have no idea.

I obviously believe that it couldn't be for this reason purely as I had no connection so their should be no login attempts. Back to the previous questions though - Is there any settings in tribot that stops automatically logging in after 5 failed attempts or not?

Thanks for the replies as well :)

How many times has this happened to you? 

like @wastedbro basicly said: its coincidence until you get a much larger sample. And even then you can't be sure. 

I dont think this happened to you often enough to make these conclusions.

Edited by gef30

36 minutes ago, gef30 said:

How many times has this happened to you? 

like @wastedbro basicly said: its coincidence until you get a much larger sample. And even then you can't be sure. 

I dont think this happened to you often enough to make these conclusions.

Have you even read what I have put?

You clearly just quoted me saying 'I obviously believe it can be for this reason'. I was stating what happened and wanted other people's opinions whilst asking questions located at the bottom of the thread which anyone is still yet to answer lol