Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ConnorM

VPS - Lowering lag/ Java issue help?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm currently running a vps which supports 60gb RAM and 10 cores.

I'm testing speeds out on 1 bot. Normally I get around 500k p/h on my home computer and around 200-250k p/h on my VPS. I was wondering how do I speed up the bots if possible as I'm getting around 18-20 fps and hitting 400k Mem. 

Is there any settings on tribot/anything else I need to install/remove to help?

Also, I've been getting 'java.lang. out of memoryerror: java heap space' as well, yet I'm running it at 1024mb with only 1 client (More than enough)

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ConnorM said:

Hello,

I'm currently running a vps which supports 60gb RAM and 10 cores.

I'm testing speeds out on 1 bot. Normally I get around 500k p/h on my home computer and around 200-250k p/h on my VPS. I was wondering how do I speed up the bots if possible as I'm getting around 18-20 fps and hitting 400k Mem. 

Is there any settings on tribot/anything else I need to install/remove to help?

Also, I've been getting 'java.lang. out of memoryerror: java heap space' as well, yet I'm running it at 1024mb with only 1 client (More than enough)

Thank you

you dont have to allocate more than 386mb of ram to your tribot client unless you're running multiple tabs. It really depends on the script how efficiently things get handled. The fps you're reaching isn't really important, tribot works with 0fps if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gef30 said:

you dont have to allocate more than 386mb of ram to your tribot client unless you're running multiple tabs. It really depends on the script how efficiently things get handled. The fps you're reaching isn't really important, tribot works with 0fps if needed.

This is all wrong. You need more than 386 nowadays, especially when running the script for long periods at a time. And FPS has a decent impact on script performance. 
OP, you can try playing with the paint delay to change your FPS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Laniax said:

This is all wrong. You need more than 386 nowadays, especially when running the script for long periods at a time. And FPS has a decent impact on script performance. 
OP, you can try playing with the paint delay to change your FPS.

Yeah I was trying anywhere between 0-100 didn't really help at all.

Been getting around 9 fps again now which is quite low.

How much do you recon I should allocate per client as I was looking at running 20 soon, if that will even work now o.O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laniax said:

This is all wrong. You need more than 386 nowadays, especially when running the script for long periods at a time. And FPS has a decent impact on script performance. 
OP, you can try playing with the paint delay to change your FPS.

Did anything change recently to require larger heap sizes than default 386MB?

None of my scripts have issues with that amount. Even 256MB is enough for fixed mode accounts where world map isn't constantly opened "by accident". Opening world map and not crashing requires 386, but that's about it.

I've read Zulrah Slayer script might require a larger heap, can't comment on that. For the rest, as Encoded said, turning all game sounds off in settings should help. There's a weird bug with sound that sometimes causes out of memory errors and crashes Tribot in longer sessions.

5 hours ago, ConnorM said:

I'm testing speeds out on 1 bot. Normally I get around 500k p/h on my home computer and around 200-250k p/h on my VPS. I was wondering how do I speed up the bots if possible as I'm getting around 18-20 fps and hitting 400k Mem.

20 fps is good enough for all public scripts on repository. Profitability can change depending on luck with drops, competition, script issues, connection issues, walker hicups - there's plenty that can go wrong. Does the bot do anything weird or different than usual? Does it get stuck, or performs actions significantly slower? Try to isolate what's wrong and talk with the script writer if it's an obvious bug.

Also, using a VPS for multiple accounts isn't usually the best thing to do. If you're spending good amount of money on a VPS, get a dedicated server instead. It won't be oversold or shared with anybody, you'll get exactly what you pay for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, contemporary said:

Did anything change recently to require larger heap sizes than default 386MB?

None of my scripts have issues with that amount. Even 256MB is enough for fixed mode accounts where world map isn't constantly opened "by accident". Opening world map and not crashing requires 386, but that's about it.

I've read Zulrah Slayer script might require a larger heap, can't comment on that. For the rest, as Encoded said, turning all game sounds off in settings should help. There's a weird bug with sound that sometimes causes out of memory errors and crashes Tribot in longer sessions.

20 fps is good enough for all public scripts on repository. Profitability can change depending on luck with drops, competition, script issues, connection issues, walker hicups - there's plenty that can go wrong. Does the bot do anything weird or different than usual? Does it get stuck, or performs actions significantly slower? Try to isolate what's wrong and talk with the script writer if it's an obvious bug.

Also, using a VPS for multiple accounts isn't usually the best thing to do. If you're spending good amount of money on a VPS, get a dedicated server instead. It won't be oversold or shared with anybody, you'll get exactly what you pay for.

Could only find good VPS value tbh, a lot of dedicated servers did not have a good money-value ratio. I mean, I'm happy to pay £80-100 for a good one if it can run 15-20 but haven't seen many.

Nothing has changed with the script really, I just think it is the FPS effecting it as it just generally slower because of that. I did watch it for a while but nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ConnorM said:

Could only find good VPS value tbh, a lot of dedicated servers did not have a good money-value ratio. I mean, I'm happy to pay £80-100 for a good one if it can run 15-20 but haven't seen many.

Nothing has changed with the script really, I just think it is the FPS effecting it as it just generally slower because of that. I did watch it for a while but nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

I pay $69  a month for a 30 client dedi. Look around more and you'll find some good ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Netami said:

I pay $69  a month for a 30 client dedi. Look around more and you'll find some good ones

That's some good money for value! Yeah, I've been trying to look around but I'm not the best with computers so I don't know what specifications I should really be looking for tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fluffee said:

If you click the world map with under 386 of heap you'll most likely hit out of memory errors in a few minutes, as the world map alone consumes a ton of memory.

hmm, i never had that issue, but then again, my scripts never click the world map. also, i dont run looking glass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gef30 said:

hmm, i never had that issue, but then again, my scripts never click the world map. also, i dont run looking glass

If you're running resizable and make any calls to Walking#clickTileMM it's rather likely to happen. It's a client bug, but until it's patched, running under 386mb is an easy way to have clients crash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fluffee said:

If you're running resizable and make any calls to Walking#clickTileMM it's rather likely to happen. It's a client bug, but until it's patched, running under 386mb is an easy way to have clients crash

yeah, i know. Therefore i use fixed mode, but before i did that, the bots never seemed to crash when the bug occurred, not even with 256mb heap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gef30 said:

yeah, i know. Therefore i use fixed mode, but before i did that, the bots never seemed to crash when the bug occurred, not even with 256mb heap.

Test it yourself, clicking the world map in resizable on 256 mb heap causes the heap to continuously max out. Mind you, it gets garbage collected down but if you're running a script it certainly doesn't leave much room, and eats a ton of CPU due to constant gc runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gef30 said:

yeah, i know. Therefore i use fixed mode, but before i did that, the bots never seemed to crash when the bug occurred, not even with 256mb heap.

Here is a client running with a 256MB max heap, single tab, fixed mode, no script.

As soon as I open the world map, the program crashes.

4dpLgL8.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Naton said:

This is just false

Its always nice to see someone quash a statement without any arguments! I have no problem running my own (unreleased) scriptd at 386heap for long periods of time what so ever.

Edited by gef30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Our picks

    • This release will:

      Fix LG for both OSBuddy and RuneLite


      Fix issue where the resizable client isn't able to be made smaller (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix detection of the logout game tab when resizable mode and side panels are enabled (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Add initial support for Sentry to allow us to identify and easily debug exceptions happening with all TRiBot users


      Add methods to determine if the bank is actually loaded, and not just the overarching interface (Thanks @wastedbro)



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Full Sentry support


      Much more
      • 50 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix NPE in Camera API (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Update deposit box interface ids (Thanks @Encoded)


      Add various bank methods (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Banking#getWithdrawXQuantity


      Banking#getDefaultWithdrawQuantity


      Banking#arePlaceholdersOn




      Fix resizeable minimap bug (Thanks @wastedbro)


      Remove Java 8 requirement


      Please note: TRiBot is not yet fully compatible with Java 10+




      Fix the break handler issues by ensuring the break handler thread never gets paused


      Fix broken settings hooks



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Much more



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
      • 68 replies
    • This release will:

      Add support for using custom F key bindings to switch between game tabs (Thanks @erickho123)


      Fix tab opening for "Skills" and "Kourend Tasks" (Thanks @erickho123)



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
      • 34 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix an issue where breaks would stop firing


      Fix Combat#getWildernessLevel, use dynamic search for text and cache ID for later calls


      Fix an NPE in the Combat API


      Fix Mouse#leaveGame bug where the mouse wouldn't actually leave the game screen
      • 21 replies
    • This release will:

      Add LG support for Runelite


      Fix NPCChat issues


      Fix a bug where the camera angle setter would just hold down a key for 5 seconds (the timeout)


      Slightly adjust the rotation via keys to be more accurate


      Add the ability for asynchronous camera movement via keys


      Make Camera rotation via mouse more fluid, with more antiban, and work much better in resizable mode


      Add a "Camera#setCamera" method, allowing the rotation and angle to be set in parallel


      Increase the likelihood of using the mouse for camera movements


      Add support for adjusting the camera to positionable entities (Positionable#adjustCameraTo)



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Much more



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
      • 59 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×