Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ConnorM

VPS - Lowering lag/ Java issue help?

Hello,

I'm currently running a vps which supports 60gb RAM and 10 cores.

I'm testing speeds out on 1 bot. Normally I get around 500k p/h on my home computer and around 200-250k p/h on my VPS. I was wondering how do I speed up the bots if possible as I'm getting around 18-20 fps and hitting 400k Mem. 

Is there any settings on tribot/anything else I need to install/remove to help?

Also, I've been getting 'java.lang. out of memoryerror: java heap space' as well, yet I'm running it at 1024mb with only 1 client (More than enough)

Thank you

1 hour ago, ConnorM said:

Hello,

I'm currently running a vps which supports 60gb RAM and 10 cores.

I'm testing speeds out on 1 bot. Normally I get around 500k p/h on my home computer and around 200-250k p/h on my VPS. I was wondering how do I speed up the bots if possible as I'm getting around 18-20 fps and hitting 400k Mem. 

Is there any settings on tribot/anything else I need to install/remove to help?

Also, I've been getting 'java.lang. out of memoryerror: java heap space' as well, yet I'm running it at 1024mb with only 1 client (More than enough)

Thank you

you dont have to allocate more than 386mb of ram to your tribot client unless you're running multiple tabs. It really depends on the script how efficiently things get handled. The fps you're reaching isn't really important, tribot works with 0fps if needed.

1 hour ago, gef30 said:

you dont have to allocate more than 386mb of ram to your tribot client unless you're running multiple tabs. It really depends on the script how efficiently things get handled. The fps you're reaching isn't really important, tribot works with 0fps if needed.

This is all wrong. You need more than 386 nowadays, especially when running the script for long periods at a time. And FPS has a decent impact on script performance. 
OP, you can try playing with the paint delay to change your FPS.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Laniax said:

This is all wrong. You need more than 386 nowadays, especially when running the script for long periods at a time. And FPS has a decent impact on script performance. 

Yeah I was trying anywhere between 0-100 didn't really help at all.

Been getting around 9 fps again now which is quite low.

How much do you recon I should allocate per client as I was looking at running 20 soon, if that will even work now o.O.

2 hours ago, Laniax said:

Did anything change recently to require larger heap sizes than default 386MB?

None of my scripts have issues with that amount. Even 256MB is enough for fixed mode accounts where world map isn't constantly opened "by accident". Opening world map and not crashing requires 386, but that's about it.

I've read Zulrah Slayer script might require a larger heap, can't comment on that. For the rest, as Encoded said, turning all game sounds off in settings should help. There's a weird bug with sound that sometimes causes out of memory errors and crashes Tribot in longer sessions.

5 hours ago, ConnorM said:

20 fps is good enough for all public scripts on repository. Profitability can change depending on luck with drops, competition, script issues, connection issues, walker hicups - there's plenty that can go wrong. Does the bot do anything weird or different than usual? Does it get stuck, or performs actions significantly slower? Try to isolate what's wrong and talk with the script writer if it's an obvious bug.

Also, using a VPS for multiple accounts isn't usually the best thing to do. If you're spending good amount of money on a VPS, get a dedicated server instead. It won't be oversold or shared with anybody, you'll get exactly what you pay for.

28 minutes ago, contemporary said:

Did anything change recently to require larger heap sizes than default 386MB?

None of my scripts have issues with that amount. Even 256MB is enough for fixed mode accounts where world map isn't constantly opened "by accident". Opening world map and not crashing requires 386, but that's about it.

I've read Zulrah Slayer script might require a larger heap, can't comment on that. For the rest, as Encoded said, turning all game sounds off in settings should help. There's a weird bug with sound that sometimes causes out of memory errors and crashes Tribot in longer sessions.

20 fps is good enough for all public scripts on repository. Profitability can change depending on luck with drops, competition, script issues, connection issues, walker hicups - there's plenty that can go wrong. Does the bot do anything weird or different than usual? Does it get stuck, or performs actions significantly slower? Try to isolate what's wrong and talk with the script writer if it's an obvious bug.

Also, using a VPS for multiple accounts isn't usually the best thing to do. If you're spending good amount of money on a VPS, get a dedicated server instead. It won't be oversold or shared with anybody, you'll get exactly what you pay for.

Could only find good VPS value tbh, a lot of dedicated servers did not have a good money-value ratio. I mean, I'm happy to pay £80-100 for a good one if it can run 15-20 but haven't seen many.

Nothing has changed with the script really, I just think it is the FPS effecting it as it just generally slower because of that. I did watch it for a while but nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

4 minutes ago, ConnorM said:

Could only find good VPS value tbh, a lot of dedicated servers did not have a good money-value ratio. I mean, I'm happy to pay £80-100 for a good one if it can run 15-20 but haven't seen many.

Nothing has changed with the script really, I just think it is the FPS effecting it as it just generally slower because of that. I did watch it for a while but nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

I pay $69  a month for a 30 client dedi. Look around more and you'll find some good ones

Just now, Netami said:

I pay $69  a month for a 30 client dedi. Look around more and you'll find some good ones

That's some good money for value! Yeah, I've been trying to look around but I'm not the best with computers so I don't know what specifications I should really be looking for tbh.

Just now, Fluffee said:

If you click the world map with under 386 of heap you'll most likely hit out of memory errors in a few minutes, as the world map alone consumes a ton of memory.

hmm, i never had that issue, but then again, my scripts never click the world map. also, i dont run looking glass

Just now, gef30 said:

hmm, i never had that issue, but then again, my scripts never click the world map. also, i dont run looking glass

If you're running resizable and make any calls to Walking#clickTileMM it's rather likely to happen. It's a client bug, but until it's patched, running under 386mb is an easy way to have clients crash

Just now, Fluffee said:

If you're running resizable and make any calls to Walking#clickTileMM it's rather likely to happen. It's a client bug, but until it's patched, running under 386mb is an easy way to have clients crash

yeah, i know. Therefore i use fixed mode, but before i did that, the bots never seemed to crash when the bug occurred, not even with 256mb heap.

2 minutes ago, gef30 said:

yeah, i know. Therefore i use fixed mode, but before i did that, the bots never seemed to crash when the bug occurred, not even with 256mb heap.

Test it yourself, clicking the world map in resizable on 256 mb heap causes the heap to continuously max out. Mind you, it gets garbage collected down but if you're running a script it certainly doesn't leave much room, and eats a ton of CPU due to constant gc runs.

3 hours ago, gef30 said:

Here is a client running with a 256MB max heap, single tab, fixed mode, no script.

As soon as I open the world map, the program crashes.

4dpLgL8.png

2 hours ago, Naton said:

This is just false

Its always nice to see someone quash a statement without any arguments! I have no problem running my own (unreleased) scriptd at 386heap for long periods of time what so ever.

Edited by gef30