Sign in to follow this  
slimbrady

All my premium scripts are gone. Hundreds $$ stolen from me

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am quite upset with some changes I have seen with this service.

I noticed a thread from February saying all lifetime auths have been deleted. The devs said they would give 6-12 month auths from the day this changed.

Here is my issue. I play runescape and bot off and on for personal gain. Have since the game came out. I am coming back into another session of botting and noticed this change. I see it does aim to help the dev's life but I am quit unsettled by the impact on me.

All the money I spent on auths has just been stolen from me. That is how I see it. I purchased a product with lifetime access and that product has been turned into a cash grab at my expense.

Is there any resolution to reclaim any type of due compensation from Tribot for them not honoring their promises?

1 minute ago, slimbrady said:

Hmm. Well that sounds illegal and unethical.

I wonder if Tribot has opened itself to litigation.

Feel free to get a lawyer.

I'd note the ToS though, that state:

Fee Changes

TRILEZ SOFTWARE INC., in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify the Subscription fees for the Subscriptions. Any Subscription fee change will become effective at the end of the then-current Billing Cycle.

TRILEZ SOFTWARE INC. will provide you with a reasonable prior notice of any change in Subscription fees to give you an opportunity to terminate your Subscription before such change becomes effective.

Your continued use of the Service after the Subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified Subscription fee amount.

4 minutes ago, HeyImJamie said:

Feel free to get a lawyer.

I'd note the ToS though, that state:

Fee Changes

TRILEZ SOFTWARE INC., in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify the Subscription fees for the Subscriptions. Any Subscription fee change will become effective at the end of the then-current Billing Cycle.

TRILEZ SOFTWARE INC. will provide you with a reasonable prior notice of any change in Subscription fees to give you an opportunity to terminate your Subscription before such change becomes effective.

Your continued use of the Service after the Subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified Subscription fee amount.

Those terms have nothing to do with lifetime Auths as they are not subscription based and everything to due with the subscription based model to use the botting platform.

i.e. $8 per month For VIP-Extended.

Edited by slimbrady

Then you have well earned your money you paid for you use of these scripts, two years. Get a lawyer if needed but the TOS does talk about subscriptions and the lifetime auth is a subscription even if you only paid for it once. This was changed for the better good. You were also given time of the script to use it, it’s not the website job to account for time you decide to not use the service.

Edited by Hacka

1 minute ago, Hacka said:

Then you have well earned your money you paid for you use of these scripts, two years. 

That seems like a baseless claim. Lifetime access to a script was purchased. How would one "earned your money you paid for" in this scenario? I understand the desired implementation of the change but the fact of the matter is Trilez Software went back on the original agreement with their customers at the customer's expense.

I purchased the lifetime auths knowing full well I play this game off and on. It made more fiscal sense for me to purchase a lifetime auth than a subscription based auth.

The products you purchased 2 years ago don't exist. They don't work. The software at that time is gone.

The products today are mostly completely different. Some scripts have upgraded 2-3 more versions since 2 years ago, with more features.

If we gave you access to the same software you purchased 2 years ago, it would be broken. 

Tribot made the decision to terminate lifetime authorization because you were receiving these different products for free and it was starting to become an issue for scripters who started realizing that working for years for free wasn't worth it.

The truth is that we should have never offered lifetime in the first placed. OSRS scripts are natural services, not products.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, slimbrady said:

That seems like a baseless claim. Lifetime access to a script was purchased. How would one "earned your money you paid for" in this scenario? I understand the desired implementation of the change but the fact of the matter is Trilez Software went back on the original agreement with their customers at the customer's expense.

I purchased the lifetime auths knowing full well I play this game off and on. It made more fiscal sense for me to purchase a lifetime auth than a subscription based auth.

This has always been a subscription based platform, lifetime auth was a choice of a way to subscribe, tos states that this subscription is term to change at anytime. So by purchasing this you agreed to the TOS, by the tos they didn’t go back on any agreement.

1 minute ago, wastedbro said:

The products you purchased 2 years ago don't exist. They don't work. The software at that time is gone.

The products today are mostly completely different. Some scripts have upgraded 2-3 more versions since 2 years ago, with more features.

If we gave you access to the same software you purchased 2 years ago, it would be broken. 

Tribot made the decision to terminate lifetime authorization because you were receiving these different products for free and it was starting to become an issue for scripters who started realizing that working for years for free wasn't worth it.

The truth is that we should have never offered lifetime in the first placed. OSRS scripts are natural services, not products.

Now this seems like a response with merit to it. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I understand the sentiment of you should have never offered lifetime auths. We can all agree that was a short sighted move that was bad for you. My concern is with the restitution of your forfeited services. You (I say you, but I mean scripters and Tribot in general) offered a service to a customer decided to go back on your word.

Updating scripts/software is normal course of business. I understand the versions have changed by now from two years ago. But you offered "Insert script name here" for life at "$XXX". Yet you still continue to create and sell these same scripts with a monthly subscription based model now.

Updates are just part of offering software as a commodity. You can't honestly say that updating a program turns it into a new product. That is just the nature of providing botting for an online game. Everything will always change and if you expected to never have update your scripts in a static game, I can understand that. But going into bot scripting with the expectation that the game will stay the same is absurd.

7 minutes ago, Hacka said:

This has always been a subscription based platform, lifetime auth was a choice of a way to subscribe, tos states that this subscription is term to change at anytime. So by purchasing this you agreed to the TOS, by the tos they didn’t go back on any agreement.

Thank you for elaborating on your previous comment. Although I do understand how TOS work.

Where you seem to be misunderstanding the situation is in the way you define "subscription" and "lifetime access." These terms are not interchangeable and do not carry the same definition.

30 minutes ago, slimbrady said:

Updates are just part of offering software as a commodity. You can't honestly say that updating a program turns it into a new product. That is just the nature of providing botting for an online game. Everything will always change and if you expected to never have update your scripts in a static game, I can understand that. But going into bot scripting with the expectation that the game will stay the same is absurd.

I do agree with wastedbro that the scripts many years later may not be recognizable as the same script today. Personally I have rewritten many of my premium scripts with the knowledge and feedback of a successful first version. 

Those initial versions of the script that you paid for really do not really exist. They are thousands of lines of codes of modification different than the ones you bought 2+ years ago.

You purchased and paid for the lifetime of that script. It is up to the discretion of the scripter to determine this 'lifetime', at the cost of his own reputation, status, and respect. How long he would like to give you free new updates, products, and features 3 years down for your $10 initial investment is up to him. 

It would really be the same if we just made a new script, like Zulrah Slayer 3.0, which had all new users instead of grandfathering in the people from 3+ years ago. Then there would be no choice but for your old version to be no longer supported. This is essentially what is happening. 

Personally this is why I never listed my scripts for sale at life time, but I agree with what the administration did, and it should be looked at differently. Once you recognize this, you will see that the "hundreds of dollars stolen" from you was an investment, in which you paid for over time, and got great use and value out of :)

Edited by Worthy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Worthy said:

… I agree with what the administration did, and it should be looked at differently. Once you recognize this, you will see that the "hundreds of dollars stolen" from you was an investment, in which you paid for over time, and got great use and value out of :)

I think I've made it pretty clear how I feel about the subject. I would honestly be satisfied if I even got to use the "6 month" time that was given in place of lifetime auths. I wasn't active at the time so in turn I feel robbed.

But, I would love to hear more from your point of view as a scripter. I would be grateful to hear from you if you could speak on one of or even a few of my points I bring up about the goals of the initiative to change the business model of Tribot and the impacts it will have for better. I also invite anyone else to comment on these questions as well.

1. It appears the main goal of the change is to change how the flow of money works. I can understand how requiring a monthly sub and or putting restrictions on use will increase the funding to the scripters which will ideally in turn bring new/better/improving talent to the bot script pool. How do you see this change as being an improvement for the individual who bots for personal gain rather than profit?

2. I have seen it mentioned by scripters that this will improve the quality of the scripts. What general aspects of the botting experience will be better in term of the customer? Is losing a large portion of your script users going to negatively impact improvements and updates to the scripts? (quantitively less data/feedback to improve from)

3. Would these new changes make any improvements to the "Safety" of botting. Or put in another way, will these changes allow for a lower detection rate? Why or why not?

1) How do we prove you're only doing this for "personal" gains, and it's not up to creators to tailor towards YOUR needs. 

2) There can be as many black and white rules regulations etc regarding this, but i'd rather a scripter be motivated to update / change the script when needed.

In a realistic situation,

If you pay $50 for lifetime and ask the author to make changes to a 2 year old script, well good luck. 

3) Nobody knows how they screen bots, it's always a cat and mouse game

my 2c anyways.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, theholyone said:

1) How do we prove you're only doing this for "personal" gains, and it's not up to creators to tailor towards YOUR needs. 

2) There can be as many black and white rules regulations etc regarding this, but i'd rather a scripter be motivated to update / change the script when needed.

In a realistic situation,

If you pay $50 for lifetime and ask the author to make changes to a 2 year old script, well good luck. 

3) Nobody knows how they screen bots, it's always a cat and mouse game

my 2c anyways.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. But I think there is some miscommunication occurring between us. My intent is not to demand justification, but rather to listen to a different point of view to try and learn more about the changes to Tribot's business model.

I am a little confused by your reply to #1. Why do you think we need to prove whether I use bots for personal or profit? I think you are taking my questions out of context. I am not asking for justification or to be catered to, I am asking from a scripter's point of view how they feel these changes will improve the scripts. I have expressed my opinion and point of view. Now I am trying to understand the other side of the situation.

As far as 2,  the question was regarding quantities of feedback in relation to improvements. I am unsure where motivation ties into working with feedback data.

For 3, we definitely do have some pretty solid idea with how they ban bots. For example, it is public knowledge that multiple accounts actions on a large scale are compared for similar player actions and timing that correlate among multiple accounts. This is one of the reasons ABC2 was implemented, to add variety to the behavior of bots. I think we can all agree that botting is never 100% safe. Maybe I was unclear with my question. The intent of my question is to ask if scripters really do have a bigger incentive to work on and improve their scripts, will lower ban rates be a result?

2 minutes ago, filthyfrank said:

Yeah because people like you cant read/dont understand 🤔

Interesting to hear you feel that way. I can understand why that may become frustrating.

You should scroll through this thread and read my posts, revaluate your position and get back with me. I would appreciate anything constructive that you have to say!

Edited by slimbrady
  • thonking 2