Sign in to follow this  
masterfleek

Keep getting banned

ok my latest problem is that I have made over ten accounts in the last 5 days,and they all have been banned in the first 24-48 hours.. I have tried numerous ways of running the bots all to which have not worked.. Ive leveled a few of my other skills and even completed a few random quests to make it different. Ive seen multiple posts on here with screenshots of botting times over 50 hours.. and claims to never be banned and such. im just curious if its actually possible to bot without being banned? 

also 5 of these accounts were older accounts <2 plus years old>

the others were weeks old I it. 

all accounts were p2p as well 

any help is appreciated 

Edited by masterfleek

16 minutes ago, masterfleek said:

ok my latest problem is that I have made over ten accounts in the last 5 days,and they all have been banned in the first 24-48 hours.. I have tried numerous ways of running the bots all to which have not worked.. Ive leveled a few of my other skills and even completed a few random quests to make it different. Ive seen multiple posts on here with screenshots of botting times over 50 hours.. and claims to never be banned and such. im just curious if its actually possible to bot without being banned? 

any help is appreciated 

Script used? Free? Premium? 

Have been botting agility for the past week no bans 

1 hour ago, masterfleek said:

any help is appreciated 

thats botting bro, in the last 5 days over 300 of my accounts got banned.

Botting nowadays is like walking a minefield. You'll have to check every step of the way to find out what works and what doesn't.

Some scripts will get you banned very quickly, others can run for hours and days before your account is closed.

Profitable activities are monitored much more closely. If you try to level runecrafting or hunting - you'll have a lot of issues. Other skills that don't directly farm gold, like prayer or ranged, are a lot easier to level.

If you use a proxy - that can be another bottleneck. Proxies, especially cheap ones, are hosted on datacenters instead of residential ISPs, and have been used and abused by thousands of people before you. When a proxy provider promises "it's a fresh untouched virgin IP", it's actually been through the gauntlet of internet debauchery many times before. Don't trust such promises. Test a proxy after you buy it to make sure accounts used with it are surviving. Or, better yet, use your own residential IP, these are rarely blacklisted.

It will take a lot of time and some resources to find out what works. The times where you could just run a bot and max your skills right away are gone. Botting is still thriving, but it takes more effort to succeed.

28 minutes ago, kelthstone said:

Sounds like you're using the same IP address to bot all your accounts on lol. Once you get banned on an IP that IP is done. You can't bot on it anymore without getting banned within a day, no matter what.

That's not true. At all.

I'm sitting at 20+ bans on my home IP and can still bot my main easily without ban.

1 minute ago, wastedbro said:

That's not true. At all.

I'm sitting at 20+ bans on my home IP and can still bot my main easily without ban.

exactly, over 2k bans on my home ip during the past few years, can still bot for long hours with certain methods

4 hours ago, lets be friends said:

I'm not disagreeing with your point but how the fuck did you keep the same ip for years, that takes some effort.

It depends on policies of ISP. Some ISPs don't provide static IPs - every time you reset the router it gives a new address. Other ISPs offer static IPs and as long as you stay as their client in the same physical location, you'll keep the same IP.

My last internet provider actually refused my request to change home IP address after I've been a client with them for almost a decade, even when I offered to pay for the service. "It wasn't their policy".

Concerning IP addresses, I think it matters more why you've got banned, not how many times you've got banned. After my main mule got suspended for RWT, any account I've created on that IP got banned almost instantly. I didn't have a single ban before that, and that mule was almost a year old.

1 minute ago, contemporary said:

It depends on policies of ISP. Some ISPs don't provide static IPs - every time you reset the router it gives a new address. Other ISPs offer static IPs and as long as you stay as their client in the same physical location, you'll keep the same IP.

My last internet provider actually refused my request to change home IP address after I've been a client with them for almost a decade, even when I offered to pay for the service. "It wasn't their policy".

Concerning IP addresses, I think it matters more why you've got banned, not how many times you've got banned. After my main mule got suspended for RWT, any account I've created on that IP got banned almost instantly. I didn't have a single ban before that, and that mule was almost a year old.

yeah, interesting. I think I would hate to have static ip. useful in some scenarios for sure though.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, wastedbro said:

That's not true. At all.

Okay well in my experience I can't bot on flagged ip's. I went almost 6 weeks without a ban with worthys zulrah killer until I logged into a vps that was flagged and botted on it,

38 minutes ago, kelthstone said:

Okay well in my experience I can't bot on flagged ip's. I went almost 6 weeks without a ban with worthys zulrah killer until I logged into a vps that was flagged and botted on it,

Keep in mind that it's trivial to determine whether or not an account is logged in from a proxy or VPS. And the vast majority of legit players do not use and have not used a proxy/vps.

I've seen a lot of reports of people being banned when they switch to a proxy or VPS. This is especially true when it comes to fresh accounts being banned/locked. A lot of people will say it's because it was flagged, but mathematically, that's unlikely unless you're buying from a small provider that targets OSRS botters.

So Jagex can see:

• Whether or not your on a proxy/IP
  • Where the IP comes from (Most cheap data centers are located in places that legit players simply aren't common)

To me, this seems like a much more obvious factor in determining chances of being a bot. The simple fact is that people complain about flagged proxies all the time, yet I can't seem to get my home IP "flagged" no matter what I do.

It seems to me that everyone jumps to conclusions, "I got banned on a proxy, it must be flagged", but no one seems to think "Hey, I got banned on this proxy, maybe Jagex can see I'm using a proxy and use it as a factor to catch me".

In the case of your VPS, it's even less likely someone got it "flagged". There are hundreds of thousands of VPS's. Very few botters use them excessively, especially nowadays.

To put it simply, the whole concept of IP-Flagging is overblown. I think it's much more rare than people think. Honestly, it was the proxy sellers that started that whole idea in the first place. It's a sales tactic. Nowadays, IP-logging for identity is considered a bad software development practice, because people's IPs change so frequently now compared to 2005. 

I've seen no hard evidence of IP-Flagging. I have seen a little evidence of chain-banning, but very little. 

Edited by wastedbro

On 11/5/2018 at 5:46 AM, kelthstone said:

Sounds like you're using the same IP address to bot all your accounts on lol. Once you get banned on an IP that IP is done. You can't bot on it anymore without getting banned within a day, no matter what.

I wouldn't agree 100%. I've had multiple accounts banned on my home IP for RWT and botting yet my main has lasted for 3 years so far without getting chain banned

4 hours ago, wastedbro said:

Keep in mind that it's trivial to determine whether or not an account is logged in from a proxy or VPS. And the vast majority of legit players do not use and have not used a proxy/vps.

I've seen a lot of reports of people being banned when they switch to a proxy or VPS. This is especially true when it comes to fresh accounts being banned/locked. A lot of people will say it's because it was flagged, but mathematically, that's unlikely unless you're buying from a small provider that targets OSRS botters.

So Jagex can see:

• Whether or not your on a proxy/IP
  • Where the IP comes from (Most cheap data centers are located in places that legit players simply aren't common)

To me, this seems like a much more obvious factor in determining chances of being a bot. The simple fact is that people complain about flagged proxies all the time, yet I can't seem to get my home IP "flagged" no matter what I do.

It seems to me that everyone jumps to conclusions, "I got banned on a proxy, it must be flagged", but no one seems to think "Hey, I got banned on this proxy, maybe Jagex can see I'm using a proxy and use it as a factor to catch me".

In the case of your VPS, it's even less likely someone got it "flagged". There are hundreds of thousands of VPS's. Very few botters use them excessively, especially nowadays.

To put it simply, the whole concept of IP-Flagging is overblown. I think it's much more rare than people think. Honestly, it was the proxy sellers that started that whole idea in the first place. It's a sales tactic. Nowadays, IP-logging for identity is considered a bad software development practice, because people's IPs change so frequently now compared to 2005. 

I've seen no hard evidence of IP-Flagging. I have seen a little evidence of chain-banning, but very little. 

One of the more obvious signs of a flagged IP is an account getting locked for being stolen on it's first session. Another good, but less obvious indication is accounts getting banned without botting, within hours of playstart.

Jagex very rarely blacklist singular IPs, most flags come from blacklisting IP ranges based on data acquired from public blacklist databases. For example, IPs in ranges that have been abused and no longer work for google, facebook and similar industry giants will almost 100% cause an account lock each first session, and, from my testing, they'll also significantly decrease account lifetime.

That might be one of the reasons your residential IP is still valid for botting after multiple bans. If I were to guess, your botting activities were varied enough to not get the attention large gold farms get. If it did, people playing in dormitories, apartment complexes, and any networks with just one external IP would all get affected by false positive bans.

Once you start selling gold in high quantities, or run a constant high volume farm and get noticed, it'll become impossible to keep accounts alive on that IP. I've experienced this and it wasn't fun.

3 hours ago, contemporary said:

One of the more obvious signs of a flagged IP is an account getting locked for being stolen on it's first session. Another good, but less obvious indication is accounts getting banned without botting, within hours of playstart.

Jagex very rarely blacklist singular IPs, most flags come from blacklisting IP ranges based on data acquired from public blacklist databases. For example, IPs in ranges that have been abused and no longer work for google, facebook and similar industry giants will almost 100% cause an account lock each first session, and, from my testing, they'll also significantly decrease account lifetime.

That might be one of the reasons your residential IP is still valid for botting after multiple bans. If I were to guess, your botting activities were varied enough to not get the attention large gold farms get. If it did, people playing in dormitories, apartment complexes, and any networks with just one external IP would all get affected by false positive bans.

Once you start selling gold in high quantities, or run a constant high volume farm and get noticed, it'll become impossible to keep accounts alive on that IP. I've experienced this and it wasn't fun.

That's basically my point. Almost no one runs a very large goldfarm. We're talking a handful of users. 

So if the overwhelming majority of users are incapable of being IP flagged, that response needs to stop being the first conclusion everyone spouts when someone says they got banned.

And subsequently, the conclusion needs to stop being "just buy a proxy", because for the vast, vast majority of users, it won't help. And from my tests, it will actually hurt them. 

1 hour ago, wastedbro said:

That's basically my point. Almost no one runs a very large goldfarm. We're talking a handful of users. 

So if the overwhelming majority of users are incapable of being IP flagged, that response needs to stop being the first conclusion everyone spouts when someone says they got banned.

And subsequently, the conclusion needs to stop being "just buy a proxy", because for the vast, vast majority of users, it won't help. And from my tests, it will actually hurt them. 

Yes, there's always a question of size. If a player runs 1-3 bots - he probably doesn't need proxies, unless he wants to contest a potential future ban and try to get it quashed later on.

If the number of accounts starts going above 5, or even 10+ - that's where proxy option becomes highly beneficial. If all those accounts do the same exact activity, which is a very important factor in chain ban application - that's where using proxies becomes inevitable if a player wants to succeed.