Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naton

nwSlayer by Naton and WastedBro - Development Thread

14 minutes ago, Markus said:

Awesome! How far are you guys from an open or closed beta?

Also, do you plan on adding POH support, primarily teleports, mounted glories, etc? Unless Daxwalker already supports that. 

Daxwalker does not support POH or mounted glories, as far as I know. Every teleport item, including jewelry, should be supported.

I would like to support that, but it's not very high priority right now.

As for the beta, I think we're close. I don't want to give any ETAs, but it should be this month.

• Like 1

The project seems to be progressing nicely.

Have you added an option to worldhop if X number of players are present on the spot, and, more importantly, if someone else's cannon is present on the spot? Nothing disgruntles players more than a bot who crashes his spot, this is a guaranteed report every time.

5 minutes ago, Nodemaster said:

slayer helmet supported?

Somewhat. Right now, we are making it so it will use the helmet in place of an enchanted gem.

Hopefully in the future we can ensure it also is used as a replacement for the appropriate slayer gear. In the current state, you'd likely see the bot unequip the slayer helmet for a spiny helmet. I will look into changing that soon.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:02 PM, contemporary said:

The project seems to be progressing nicely.

Have you added an option to worldhop if X number of players are present on the spot, and, more importantly, if someone else's cannon is present on the spot? Nothing disgruntles players more than a bot who crashes his spot, this is a guaranteed report every time.

As far as hopping due to the number of players, that's not really feasible. Some spots can handle 1 player, some can handle 20. It wouldn't be something that is easily configurable for the user, and the benefits would be little.

As for cannon, though, that's a much easier condition, and can be configured universally. I will keep it in mind, but I'm not going to jump on it any time soon.

Update:

• Added light source support
    • Candles (will re-light as necessary)
    • Bullseye lantern (lit only)
    • Firemaking cape
  • Added full Slayer Helmet support
  • Added full Slayer Ring support
  • Added a listener for tracking how many kills remain on the current task. This is used to calculate how many "finishing blow" items to take on the trip
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mthomas4 said:

Just putting my unwanted opinion here hehe, But;

maybe i could suggest we have baby dragon support for Green > black dragons, As i know dragons have a high ban rate ? 

We will be offering alternatives for a good portion of tasks that have them so we can look into this

36 minutes ago, vipcredits said:

Keep the hype going and update us with progress

Naton and I both took around 2 weeks off development for our own reasons.

Though, we're starting to get back at it. 

Current Status:

• Turael is fully supported now, including the trickier tasks
  • It turns out that one of Turael's tasks requires a closed light source. Unfortunately, this means that we force a bullseye lantern for it, instead of allowing you to use just a candle.
  • Teleporting was reworked (again)
    • You now select teleport items per task
    • If you don't own the teleport item you selected, it will navigate to the task without it
    • Some tasks will preload with default teleport items
      • For example: By default, Skeletons will use an amulet of glory. If you don't want to waste glory charges, you'd disable it or select another item.
    • The script is smart enough not to waste the teleports you select if it finds a more efficient way to navigate (Thanks DaxWalker)
    • Even if you don't set up teleports for each task, you can still set them up in your inventory profile(s). They will be used if needed.
      • For example, my default inventory profile includes all the basic runes + law runes. The script will use any of the major city teleports as needed, greatly increasing XP/hr while keeping the GUI setup easy and clean.
      • I also put a game's necklace in my inventory profile. This allows it to teleport right to Turael after a task, which saves a bank trip if one isn't needed. 
    • Note: Teleporting/Navigation will never be perfect. This script is meant to be 100% dynamic while still giving you as much customization as possible. We will have very few, if any, required teleport items, while still supporting all of them if you choose to do so. 
  • We added AccurateMouse support.
  • Human reaction times were added to combat
  • The GUI styling was completely refactored to allow for easy extensibility and modification in the future (possibly themes).

Immediate Future:

• Our immediate goal is to fix all of the issues and release an open beta
    • We are having issues with banking when the user configures a completely full inventory.
    • Might still be some odd behavior quirks.

Long-Term Future:

• After the beta, we plan to make the script logic bulletproof. Hopefully our wonderful users can help us with that.
  • After the logic is bulletproof, we start adding more tasks and slayer masters

Post-Release Development:

• We are still deciding what features to put off until after version 1.0 and the public release
    • So far, we believe cannon support won't make it into v1.0
    • Safespotting may or may not make it into v1.0
      • While this feature isn't necessarily difficult to implement, we want to give ourselves ample testing time to ensure all of our users' accounts are safe
    • Our minimum slayer master support for v1.0 is Turael and Nieve
      • Please let us know if there is a demand for more slayer masters on release

Note: These plans are what we are currently working on. They are subject to change as we continue.

Edited by wastedbro
  • Like 1

You two are beasts. Wasted has been developing here since the beginning and Naton got me 99 in several skills suiciding with a stunning script. I'd love to participate in some open beta, I have 5 accounts with 99 str that I couldn't care less if I bot.

Edited by boatsb4hose
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1