Sign in to follow this  
CyberWizard

Looking for supplement ideas for hardcore training

Only legal stuff. 

So to start, I currently take the following:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000GIQS34/
OPTIMUM NUTRITION Creatine Powder (Creapure) 2000 grams   

1 teaspoon or 5 grams

https://www.amazon.ca/OPTIMUM-NUTRITION-STANDARD-Protein-Chocolate/dp/B000QSNYGI/
OPTIMUM NUTRITION GOLD STANDARD 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate, 2.27 kg

3 scoops

Also, I take "One a day Men" vitamin if I remember to. my diet is usually a shitty college diet if that's relevant, will have another post on that. I am looking to build lean muscle but build a lot. What supplements would you reccomend me? I also do martial arts on the side if that's relevant. workouts usually taken from a paid subscription workout app now, previously I followed my own routine but I like this guide, have been working out for around a year now.

I was looking at the Optimum shit and apparently they changed something in their recipe not to long ago that not a lot of people like because it tastes like ass or something? How do you like it?

I opted for https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DOHWFGM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I like it quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, traderyo said:

Testosterone enanthate 500mg p/w 

DBol 50m ED

Arimidex 0.5mg eod

All legal btw

Well from what I understand at least dbol is illegal, and i'd rather stay away from injection/steroids. Any more subtle muscle recovery things or lesser strength boosters? can someone redpill me on "petroids"? my aussie friend brought that up before but I never knew much about it

Posted (edited)

In the end, nothing is going to beat a well-paced and consistent exercise regimen. Dieting is equally important, and is miles ahead of supplements (I don't mean weight loss dieting, I mean just healthy eating in general). If you spend your supplement money on high quality groceries instead and learn to cook inexpensive healthy meals (avoid the shit out of anything that's pre-made), you'll get impressive results. Sure it'll take more time and effort, but there are little to no shortcuts if you want results. If in the end you do use supplements, I suggest using examine.com to understand its pros/cons/risks/benefits.

Edited by IceKontroI
  • Like 2

Training for what? 

If your goal is health, then creatine + protein is all you'll ever need. And really you should be sure to cycle off creatine often, it's not something you want to overload your body on.

Find a better creatine brand. Like https://cellucor.com/products/c4-ripped - the extra supplementation it provides is mild and quite helpful.

Vitamins won't hurt, and might help a little, depending on your overall diet.

I've tried some nootropics and natural herbal supplements. Not much of an effect, to be honest. Testosterone boosters don't seem to do much either. At best, they are all just moderately-priced placebos (but hey, if they get you to work out more, than I guess you can say they technically work).

As for actual testosterone supplements, don't bother, even if you find one that's not technically illegal. Mild testosterone supplements are made for people with medically-diagnosed testosterone issues. If you have healthy levels already, these supplements will cause long term damage. 

Real stimulants, like modafinil and adderall, can help you find the motivation to train more, but it's probably not worth it. There's risk of addiction. Relying on these could cause you to lose motivation to work out without them. Plus, they can cause you to lose sleep, which is very important for gaining muscle.

Optimizing your diet and exercise regimen and sticking to it is the only way you'll achieve your goals.

1 hour ago, IceKontroI said:

In the end, nothing is going to beat a well-paced and consistent exercise regimen. Dieting is equally important, and is miles ahead of supplements (I don't mean weight loss dieting, I mean just healthy eating in general). If you spend your supplement money on high quality groceries instead and learn to cook inexpensive healthy meals (avoid the shit out of anything that's pre-made), you'll get impressive results. Sure it'll take more time and effort, but there are little to no shortcuts if you want results. If in the end you do use supplements, I suggest using examine.com to understand its pros/cons/risks/benefits.

Thanks, I mostly use supplements like protein and creatine due to budget on food and I try to eat healthy, currently cutting out pop, but not neccesarily looking for weight loss, more of body fat % loss around stomach mostly when it comes to weight loss, I'm 6.5% Body fat but no abs despite constantly doing core alongside workout

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

^ Apply this to anything you want to get out of life.

The only "shortcut" for faster results is putting in more effort.

I agree, hence why I'm not looking for steroids  or any performance enhancers necessarily, more of supplements to give my body exactly what it needs to build lean muscle (Protein, createin, ___) But I agree, I've been going max effort at the gym and it feels great, Recently went back to free weights after being on machines for so long. Now I do a solid 75% free weights 25% machines. 

47 minutes ago, wastedbro said:

Training for what? 

If your goal is health, then creatine + protein is all you'll ever need. And really you should be sure to cycle off creatine often, it's not something you want to overload your body on.

Find a better creatine brand. Like https://cellucor.com/products/c4-ripped - the extra supplementation it provides is mild and quite helpful.

Vitamins won't hurt, and might help a little, depending on your overall diet.

I've tried some nootropics and natural herbal supplements. Not much of an effect, to be honest. Testosterone boosters don't seem to do much either. At best, they are all just moderately-priced placebos (but hey, if they get you to work out more, than I guess you can say they technically work).

As for actual testosterone supplements, don't bother, even if you find one that's not technically illegal. Mild testosterone supplements are made for people with medically-diagnosed testosterone issues. If you have healthy levels already, these supplements will cause long term damage. 

Real stimulants, like modafinil and adderall, can help you find the motivation to train more, but it's probably not worth it. There's risk of addiction. Relying on these could cause you to lose motivation to work out without them. Plus, they can cause you to lose sleep, which is very important for gaining muscle.

Optimizing your diet and exercise regimen and sticking to it is the only way you'll achieve your goals.

I appreciate your feedbak thanks. And just training to be massive as silly as it sounds. I want to have huge muscles with low body fat, but trying to figure out how to tackle it. I'm serious about this goal (been working out for about a year now) and I've been debating adderall, I've ADHD and a few other diagnosed symptoms so I believe it could help me stay on task and motivated to stay longer.. Just I only wanna try adderall if I can figure out how to get a legit perscription, i dont wanna black market drugs.

44 minutes ago, tvu2142 said:

dbol+T twice a week 7 week cycle then off with proper pct :) 

All natural XD

>

KdEWX2W.png

6 minutes ago, CyberWizard said:

Thanks, I mostly use supplements like protein and creatine due to budget on food and I try to eat healthy, currently cutting out pop, but not neccesarily looking for weight loss, more of body fat % loss around stomach mostly when it comes to weight loss, I'm 6.5% Body fat but no abs despite constantly doing core alongside workout

I agree, hence why I'm not looking for steroids  or any performance enhancers necessarily, more of supplements to give my body exactly what it needs to build lean muscle (Protein, createin, ___) But I agree, I've been going max effort at the gym and it feels great, Recently went back to free weights after being on machines for so long. Now I do a solid 75% free weights 25% machines. 

I appreciate your feedbak thanks. And just training to be massive as silly as it sounds. I want to have huge muscles with low body fat, but trying to figure out how to tackle it. I'm serious about this goal (been working out for about a year now) and I've been debating adderall, I've ADHD and a few other diagnosed symptoms so I believe it could help me stay on task and motivated to stay longer.. Just I only wanna try adderall if I can figure out how to get a legit perscription, i dont wanna black market drugs.

>

KdEWX2W.png

can relate XD

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Creatine and protein prowler are a must, I would also suggest a good bcaa. I personal use MTS (tiger fitness website) and I would suggest a pre-workout if just doing lifting on days with no cardio 

Edited by Hacka

Not to sound like i know it all but there is this person i follow on YouTube that provides very in-depth detail on workouts for certain muscle groups, supplement facts, and even research to back up such claims. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCERm5yFZ1SptUEU4wZ2vJvw

Your best bet is to train to be overall fit. Unless you are doing bodybuilding as a career, stay natural for as long as you can. Steroids, Tren, or gear will help you reach your "Natural peak" in your genetics and even past it, but you'll have to stay on testosterone for the rest of your life. As soon as you start your first cycle, your genetics change. You stop producing your own testosterone. If you want to mix steroids, "stacks", for different advantages, you will need to go to a professional trainer that can give you insight on how much to take. Frequent visits to the health center for blood work is needed to make sure everything is going well on the inside. Different people have different side effects and a very common one is enlarged organs, mainly the heart, lungs, abdominal and delts. Do NOT just do anabolics and think that you will get results. It just means you have an advantage, you still need to put in work and diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-uO4-663Q

I have used Syntha 6, MP Combat, Gold Standard, BodyxFortress, and Naked. I personally try to mix up my protein as each are made differently and your body gets used to it after so long. I loved the results i got with BodyxFortress as it did have creatine in it already which took that extra step away. The powder was very easy to mix with a blender bottle and could easily be used to make a fruit smoothie. It is sold on Amazon and at Wal-marts so it is very easy to get your hands on as well. I believe it was announced top 5 of 2017 for best whey protein for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42PTdcxTfpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wXetcdqiz0

As far as work out plans, different people like to do different things and people react a different way. I personally did 5 days on (Mon-Fri)/2 days off (Sat & Sun) full body work outs. I just recently shifted to a 3 on/1off focusing on 3 major muscle groups on the ON days and doing body weight and conditioning on the OFF days. Both had different results. The 5 on/2 off made me a lot leaner and stronger than my peers. The 3 on/2 off made me a lot bulkier and stronger than people 30+ pounds heavier than me.

Diet is extremely important, I currently am deployed and have no choice in my daily food consumption. But you should look up Steve efferding vertical diet as he is proclaimed to be the strongest body builder (Not Natural of course). And has many strongmen, bodybuilders, and powerlifters using this method of diet. Supplements is to supplement what you are lacking in your diet. No matter what, you will be lacking in something. Whether that be a creatine deficiency due to genetics or not enough EAAs in your nutrition. I recommend getting a solid Creatine Monohydrate, Whey protein Isolate, EAAs, and krill oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPnGvp_Yg8w

TL;DR

-Diet and Consistent work outs

-Recommended supplements: Whey isolate (purest form), Creatine Monohydrate, Krill oils, EAAs

-You will NEVER go past your "Natural peak". Genetics is what sets your natural peak. You can't change it without steroids.

-You WILL plateau, change up your work outs and work out schedule.

I have linked some videos that may help you in your search for help. You can also follow me at IG: zero_desires

3 minutes ago, zdogg said:

Despite what everyone says i will always stick to supporting a natural routine.

Eat healthy.  No supplements, just protein and healthy living.

Take the right vitamins and keep your diet healthy.

Simple.

Supplements don’t make you unhealthy haha.

depends on what you're workout app is, chances are it is improper for you. I'm not going to post a whole spheal on exercise science, but really you should solely be training within a strength training regimen working at a 7-8 intensity out of 10 on a RPE (rate of perceived exertion) and blantly ignoring any repetitive based exercise (cardio exercise) unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor. Strength training can train the cardiovascular system more efficiently and less stressful than any cardio based exercise if executed correctly.

source: Personal Trainer, Yoga Teacher, Physical Therapy Tech, past 12+ years of my life dedicated.

37 minutes ago, gosubear said:

Not to sound like i know it all but there is this person i follow on YouTube that provides very in-depth detail on workouts for certain muscle groups, supplement facts, and even research to back up such claims. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCERm5yFZ1SptUEU4wZ2vJvw

Your best bet is to train to be overall fit. Unless you are doing bodybuilding as a career, stay natural for as long as you can. Steroids, Tren, or gear will help you reach your "Natural peak" in your genetics and even past it, but you'll have to stay on testosterone for the rest of your life. As soon as you start your first cycle, your genetics change. You stop producing your own testosterone. If you want to mix steroids, "stacks", for different advantages, you will need to go to a professional trainer that can give you insight on how much to take. Frequent visits to the health center for blood work is needed to make sure everything is going well on the inside. Different people have different side effects and a very common one is enlarged organs, mainly the heart, lungs, abdominal and delts. Do NOT just do anabolics and think that you will get results. It just means you have an advantage, you still need to put in work and diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-uO4-663Q

I have used Syntha 6, MP Combat, Gold Standard, BodyxFortress, and Naked. I personally try to mix up my protein as each are made differently and your body gets used to it after so long. I loved the results i got with BodyxFortress as it did have creatine in it already which took that extra step away. The powder was very easy to mix with a blender bottle and could easily be used to make a fruit smoothie. It is sold on Amazon and at Wal-marts so it is very easy to get your hands on as well. I believe it was announced top 5 of 2017 for best whey protein for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42PTdcxTfpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wXetcdqiz0

As far as work out plans, different people like to do different things and people react a different way. I personally did 5 days on (Mon-Fri)/2 days off (Sat & Sun) full body work outs. I just recently shifted to a 3 on/1off focusing on 3 major muscle groups on the ON days and doing body weight and conditioning on the OFF days. Both had different results. The 5 on/2 off made me a lot leaner and stronger than my peers. The 3 on/2 off made me a lot bulkier and stronger than people 30+ pounds heavier than me.

Diet is extremely important, I currently am deployed and have no choice in my daily food consumption. But you should look up Steve efferding vertical diet as he is proclaimed to be the strongest body builder (Not Natural of course). And has many strongmen, bodybuilders, and powerlifters using this method of diet. Supplements is to supplement what you are lacking in your diet. No matter what, you will be lacking in something. Whether that be a creatine deficiency due to genetics or not enough EAAs in your nutrition. I recommend getting a solid Creatine Monohydrate, Whey protein Isolate, EAAs, and krill oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPnGvp_Yg8w

TL;DR

-Diet and Consistent work outs

-Recommended supplements: Whey isolate (purest form), Creatine Monohydrate, Krill oils, EAAs

-You will NEVER go past your "Natural peak". Genetics is what sets your natural peak. You can't change it without steroids.

-You WILL plateau, change up your work outs and work out schedule.

I have linked some videos that may help you in your search for help. You can also follow me at IG: zero_desires

Thank you in my free time I'm going to review these videos and I appreciate the advice

6 minutes ago, ace_001 said:

depends on what you're workout app is, chances are it is improper for you. I'm not going to post a whole spheal on exercise science, but really you should solely be training within a strength training regimen working at a 7-8 intensity out of 10 on a RPE (rate of perceived exertion) and blantly ignoring any repetitive based exercise (cardio exercise) unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor. Strength training can train the cardiovascular system more efficiently and less stressful than any cardio based exercise if executed correctly.

source: Personal Trainer, Yoga Teacher, Physical Therapy Tech, past 12+ years of my life dedicated.

Thanks, I was actually considering doing cardio cause my cardio sucks but I'll likely stay clear as martial arts is enough I guess too lol. But yeah, I usually do 8-12 reps at 8/9 intensity till excertion, today I did lat pulldowns 4 sets, lat pulldowns where you lean down for 4 sets, seated rows for 4 sets, I forget what it's called but like a sawing motion on a seat with a dumbbell one leg on seat one off 4 sets, some ab swist, some pullups, I wish I could go again today but I'm so busy with college rn lol

8 minutes ago, CyberWizard said:

Thank you in my free time I'm going to review these videos and I appreciate the advice

Thanks, I was actually considering doing cardio cause my cardio sucks but I'll likely stay clear as martial arts is enough I guess too lol. But yeah, I usually do 8-12 reps at 8/9 intensity till excertion, today I did lat pulldowns 4 sets, lat pulldowns where you lean down for 4 sets, seated rows for 4 sets, I forget what it's called but like a sawing motion on a seat with a dumbbell one leg on seat one off 4 sets, some ab swist, some pullups, I wish I could go again today but I'm so busy with college rn lol

I do not recommend going to excertion everytime. I recommend getting a solid work out in, where you feel the pump than going to failure. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj4hdIGbDHs

Here is a good video, I personally do not agree with 100% of the things he says but i do believe that overworking yourself is not good.

My buddy is a kinesiology/fitness expert who went to school for it. A good multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and some caffeine is all you need for great results. Creatine will only give you a slight boost and really isn't needed but won't hurt to take some, my friend doesn't use it at all nor protein powders. Animal sources for protein is the best thing if you can get good quality meat and also good diet. Only use protein powder if you can't.

I've personally seen great results from doing this so that's my word of advice from someone much more knowledgeable than me.

Vitamin D supplements are a no go after reading this - https://www.vox.com/2018/10/4/17933880/vitamin-d-health-sun-diet Personally I'd stay away from any supplements to be completely honest. Animal sources, fruits, and vegetables are just way better and way healthier than any supplement you can name. If I was to personally use body building supplements, I'd use the real stuff monitored by a doctor haha :P