Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold

Banned for simply playing with client? (New botter)

Question

Ok to premise this;  I recently bought a new script called "Optimus AIO Combat & Magic" because of the great things I've read about it, and a good proxy, cleared my jagex cache and I'm banned within nearly 1 hour of botting on a few accounts (they didnt have bot names or weren't dressed as bots). They are fresh accounts but with a paid script and VPN you'd think they'd last longer. So I did some research, and decided to level up a fresh account totally by hand while in the tribot client until it gains a few levels to possibly slide past the initial detection (my logic atleast). Literally the next morning I get banned having used no script, which leads me to believe that the tribot client itself is detectable. 

How could I possibly bot successfully if this is the case? Please I need some feedback, do I have to tweak some settings or something? Thanks.

21 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, bkeler said:

So I did some research, and decided to level up a fresh account totally by hand while in the tribot client until it gains a few levels to possibly slide past the initial detection (my logic atleast). Literally the next morning I get banned having used no script, which leads me to believe that the tribot client itself is detectable.

Another possibility is that the IP address of the account was flagged. Did you use a proxy or VPN when training this account by hand? If you did, you'll need to try another test: do the exact same thing, but with no proxy/VPN. If you get banned, we may have a problem on our hands. If not, you'll need better proxies.

@IceKontroI  Yes I'm always using the proxy while on the client, i made sure of it. I created the account using a Washington DC server and continued to play using the same server. I use Hide.me VPN, which is a pretty decent VPN from what I've heard, its not the free version either, I paid for the better version. Just really confused right now, thanks for the reply.

Just now, bkeler said:

@IceKontroI  Yes I'm always using the proxy while on the client, i made sure of it. I created the account using a Washington DC server and continued to play using the same server. I use Hide.me VPN, which is a pretty decent VPN from what I've heard, its not the free version either, I paid for the better version. Just really confused right now, thanks for the reply.

are you using looking glass ?

@sith787 I've heard alot of people talk about LG, many claim it works wonders, others claim there is no difference so I was hesitant on using it. May have to give it a try..

Just now, bkeler said:

@sith787 I've heard alot of people talk about LG, many claim it works wonders, others claim there is no difference so I was hesitant on using it. May have to give it a try..

I botted overnight 1 time without using it when I started botting again last week banned in the morning next day made a new account deleted everything redownloaded it started using looking glass and ive basically suicide boted past week and still going 

1 minute ago, bkeler said:

Ok so this means the results are inconclusive. If you really want to know if the client is detectable: train the account manually WITHOUT the VPN and see if it gets banned. If you do not get banned by doing this, then it's likely the VPN's fault you got banned. Jagex has a lot of database IP addresses flagged, so you'll just have to trial-and-error it until you find a good provider that isn't flagged.

Ahh I see, well hopefully its the VPN. I'll give it another go and see what happens.

@sith787 LG is for VPE only right? I'm on the fence whether I should dish out a few more bucks

Jagex knows you're using a proxy/vpn. Your real IP may be hidden, but it's obvious you don't live in a giant foreign data center.

99% of accounts that log in under proxies are bots.

Therefore, Jagex is already fairly certain you're a bot simply for using a proxy.

This doesn't always lead to bans, obviously, but it puts you right next to that line. Luck plays a part, too, of course. I guarantee you wouldn't be banned like that without using a proxy, though, unless you botted super obvious f2p money making methods.

At the very least, you should be lasting a couple days. More depending on what you bot and how you do it.

There are many factors in bans, but seriously, using a proxy is asking for bans. Proxies have their uses, but not unless you're running quite a few bots.

Thanks for the feedback @wastedbro. Im confused though, I shouldnt use proxies? I've heard everywhere that it's basically a must.... what do you suggest that I use? Also just a general question - should I wait about a week or so to bot on a fresh account or does it really matter? Thanks.

@YoHoJo It says "your account has been disabled", and when I checked the reason and "evidence" they didnt provide any for the purpose of preserving their detection system. So I was left with nothing I could go off of.

4 minutes ago, bkeler said:

Thanks for the feedback @wastedbro. Im confused though, I shouldnt use proxies? I've heard everywhere that it's basically a must.... what do you suggest that I use? Also just a general question - should I wait about a week or so to bot on a fresh account or does it really matter? Thanks.

The marketing efforts of proxy sellers is quite impressive.

Proxies might help prevent chain bans, but not really. Chain bans are super rare to begin with, unless you run a huge farm.

The drawback of that, is that you have a much higher chance of being banned, using proxies. I've seen it time after time, consistently. At this point, I'm almost positive proxies increase banrate. 

Also, if you buy proxies on a botting site, you're overpaying by about 500%, give or take. 

So in short, no, don't use proxies. Just try it. If you must, just make sure not to log into your main on the same IP at the same time, if you have one (I've never had any problems doing it but you might want to play it safer than I).

And just remember, if you all your bots get banned at the same time, it doesn't mean you got chain banned. Jagex usually mass purges bots at the same time every day. It's usually just a case of all your bots being caught at the same time.

The more you bot, the more you'll learn. If your goal is to make money, be prepared to lose money for a little bit while you figure out what works. Be cheap to start. Use free scripts (that aren't shitty), no proxies, etc. 

49 minutes ago, bkeler said:

Thanks for the feedback @wastedbro. Im confused though, I shouldnt use proxies? I've heard everywhere that it's basically a must

If you're running a gold farm with multiple accounts, proxies really are a "must", because nobody at Jagex wants to see 200 accounts connecting from the same address.

Otherwise if you are only running a single account, using proxies is not only unnecessary, but will actually increase the likelihood of your account getting banned, because they can very easily detect that you are tunneling your connection, and as @wastedbro said, this is common bot behavior.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

If you're running a gold farm with multiple accounts, proxies really are a "must", because nobody at Jagex wants to see 200 accounts connecting from the same address.

Otherwise if you are only running a single account, using proxies is not only unnecessary, but will actually increase the likelihood of your account getting banned, because they can very easily detect that you are tunneling your connection, and as @wastedbro said, this is common bot behavior.

Maybe not 200, but I've done 5-10 without issues or chain bans, including the mule being on the same IP.

Since most botters run under 10 bots, I just give the general advice to stay away from proxies. Not worth it.

Wow, thanks for the insight guys. Would have never guessed my proxy was putting me on the radar, I'll give it a try without it and see what happens... because I'm getting banned nearly right off the bat.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:40 PM, bkeler said:

Ok to premise this;  I recently bought a new script called "Optimus AIO Combat & Magic" because of the great things I've read about it, and a good proxy, cleared my jagex cache and I'm banned within nearly 1 hour of botting on a few accounts (they didnt have bot names or weren't dressed as bots). They are fresh accounts but with a paid script and VPN you'd think they'd last longer. So I did some research, and decided to level up a fresh account totally by hand while in the tribot client until it gains a few levels to possibly slide past the initial detection (my logic atleast). Literally the next morning I get banned having used no script, which leads me to believe that the tribot client itself is detectable. 

How could I possibly bot successfully if this is the case? Please I need some feedback, do I have to tweak some settings or something? Thanks.

1st - where tut island botted or hand done?

2nd- was VPN private or shared? double check this one.

3rd - more then 1 account per IP i guess?

4th - did you created accounts on same ip you botted?

1hour of botting and then ban is not normal even for f2p botting UNLESS --> your ip is really fucked up or you botted tut island or your accounts was chainned somehow and one account dragged others with it to ban or some other bullshit that happened to your session,

Try do tut island with hand on 2 accounts - wait couple days - then bot those / that account. Don't go with more then 2 accounts per 1IP. Never trust proxys in general, best thing is to test on your home IP unless you got banned on that ip many many times.

I doubt client is detected as i really after small break started to use it again and boy oh boy i'm proved my self again and tribot is best at ban rates. It might get buggy, no updates, expensive..but ban rates are lowest from my expierence.