atheismaster

TOGGLE NUMBER OF MOUSE BUTTONS PROBLEM

Hi,

Having a problem with 90% of my scripts meaning i have to babysit them, seems strange that its the same problem across most my scripts, so i'm guessing a Tribot problem? It's a random occurrence and could happen between 2 minutes - 30 minutes plus into a programme. The problem is the script randomly pressing the 'Toggle number of mouse buttons' onto single button, which then ruins the script until i toggle back to 2 buttons.

I have refreshed the hooks file and installed fresh with still no luck

Hope you can help, Thanks.

26 minutes ago, atheismaster said:

Having a problem with 90% of my scripts meaning i have to babysit them, seems strange that its the same problem across most my scripts, so i'm guessing a Tribot problem?

As far as I know, this bug is not client related.

Lately, Jagex changed multiple interface indexes. If all your scripts toggled a certain in-game setting and the interface index of its corresponding button has been changed, all the scripts that used the same function will be broken in the exact same way, making the scripts click the same wrong button. Due to the perceived consistency over multiple scripts, this could easily be mistaken for a client bug.

• Which scripts did you run?
  • Contact the author(s) and ask them to review the portion of the code that toggles in-game settings.

This makes a lot of sense. I am new to this so have been testing the water with 30+ different free to use scripts to figure things out. The paid for scripts have mostly been fine as I assume those are the more commonly updated, whereas the free ones i assume are created and remain untouched through updates.

Is this a problem the client could handle itself in a new update ? or would every script have to be updated to prevent this problem?

49 minutes ago, atheismaster said:

Is this a problem the client could handle itself in a new update ? or would every script have to be updated to prevent this problem?

Yes, if all the scripts rely on a single API (client) method that is patched after each update.

No, if the scripters are using custom code; in this case they all need to update their own method.

51 minutes ago, atheismaster said:

The paid for scripts have mostly been fine as I assume those are the more commonly updated, whereas the free ones i assume are created and remain untouched through updates.

Although premium scripts should be completely flawless and much higher in quality than their free counterparts, the free scripts should be maintained and fixed as long as they are hosted in the public repository.

Please post a list (or send me a PM) with the scripts that are unusable due to the problem mentioned above, and I will personally make sure that they are either patched or removed from the repository.

Edited by atheismaster

8 minutes ago, atheismaster said:

Here are a few that i know for certain caused me trouble, there are a load more but i would have to re run them to be double sure.

You've linked one of my scripts, so I double checked the code line by line.

The interfaces corresponding to that button are not interacted with in any way, which means that this is a client related issue. I will report this bug as soon as I manage to replicate it. If you have any relevant information that could help in this matter, I would appreciate if you could send me a PM.

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

Lately, Jagex changed multiple interface indexes. If all your scripts toggled a certain in-game setting and the interface index of its corresponding button has been changed, all the scripts that used the same function will be broken in the exact same way, making the scripts click the same wrong button. Due to the perceived consistency over multiple scripts, this could easily be mistaken for a client bug.

•  Which scripts did you run?
  •  Contact the author(s) and ask them to review the portion of the code that toggles in-game settings.

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

You've linked one of my scripts, so I double checked the code line by line.

The interfaces corresponding to that button are not interacted with in any way, which means that this is a client related issue. I will report this bug as soon as I manage to replicate it. If you have any relevant information that could help in this matter, I would appreciate if you could send me a PM.

I'm fairly certain it's just a hook issue with Clicking#click

19 hours ago, Einstein said:

• Which scripts did you run?
  • Contact the author(s) and ask them to review the portion of the code that toggles in-game settings.

I don't know if it's client related or not, however jagex has started shifting interface IDs like they do with objects and NPCs, so it is not viable to use IDs to identify interfaces in scripts anymore unless you are willing to constantly update them. I changed this in all of my scripts a while back and haven't had any of these issues happen.

Edited by Starfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starfox said:

I don't know if it's client related or not, however jagex has started shifting interface IDs like they do with objects and NPCs, so it is not viable to use IDs to identify interfaces in scripts anymore unless you are willing to constantly update them. I changed this in all of my scripts a while back and haven't had any of these issues happen.

Most likely they are making adjustments for the mobile version, otherwise they would have no reason to refactor their code almost every week.

I agree that at the moment it's completely unreliable to grab interfaces by IDs. 9 out of 10 bug reports on my scripts were related to interfaces, so I've written an utility that  'dynamically' identifies the interfaces based on different unique attributes such as text, action or texture.

@atheismaster

I am the author of one of the scripts you've linked above (Universal Fisher).

I proceeded to double check the source line by line, and I was unable to find any code that clicks on that interface. Although I originally thought that this is a script-related issue caused by a recent game update, after reviewing my script I concluded that this bug is client-related. However, I am not entirely sure whether or not the problem is on your end (corrupted files, or any other problem on your machine), or if it's a client bug that needs to be reported.

The Grand Exchange API has been rendered unusable by one of the recent updates, and the exact same update could have made a client method to click on a wrong interface, based on an outdated index.

To determine whether or not this is caused by a corrupt file, please run this script or manually delete the hooks.dat file located in your .tribot folder. I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem, as there were some users that still experienced the same problem after deleting the file, but it's worth trying.

@derangedranger420 @t3l3 bl0ck3d Did you managed to fix the bug in any way?

On 9/10/2018 at 12:01 PM, adamhackz said:

Ive honestly never had this happen but i remember someone else had this problem like 2 weeks ago maybe @Fluffee can help you

@Fluffee If you have any information in regards to this bug, please let me know.

@Einstein Unfortunately not. I only seem to get it when running @Optimus Combat script. I am running Erickos nmz for the past few days for hours on end and no problems as of yet. Tried everything to fix the issue when running the combat script, no luck yet.

Edited by t3l3 bl0ck3d
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

If you have any information in regards to this bug, please let me know.

Sadly, I don't. As far as I know, it's a client bug. I would recommend posting a gitlab issue about it as soon as possible though! It looks like their first sprint is in a few weeks, and I'm unsure when they'll be finalizing the issues list they want to tackle. 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fluffee said:

Sadly, I don't. As far as I know, it's a client bug. I would recommend posting a gitlab issue about it as soon as possible though! It looks like their first sprint is in a few weeks, and I'm unsure when they'll be finalizing the issues list they want to tackle. 🙂

Thanks Fluffee!

I am going to submit a bug report, because it's very likely that there are several members that are unable to use TRiBot due to the severity of this bug. But in order to do so, I need more information.

@atheismaster @derangedranger420 @t3l3 bl0ck3d

1. I need to know your exact Java version, which can be seen by clicking View > Runtime Information

b3fCtiU.png

2. What is your Operating System?

3. I know that you've probably done it, but can you please double check that you've already deleted the hooks.dat file, just to make sure that this is not a local issue? Please confirm that you've done this.

Thank you.

@Optimus At this point I am almost sure that the problem is client-related, but can you please confirm that your script doesn't interact with the following interfaces?

Interfaces.get(261, 59);
Interfaces.get(261, 60);

@atheismaster

Thanks!

I will report the bug after the other 2 users reply.

As a side note: you should be using the 64 bit Java on your machines (you are currently running in 32 bit). Chances are, all your operating systems are compatible with it. Let me know if the problem is fixed by changing the underlying JVM bit version, and make sure to delete all other versions and double check the running version on the same interface (View > Runtime Information).

The bug will be reported regardless of the outcome, but if you do the above, we will be one step closer to identifying the problem.

1 hour ago, t3l3 bl0ck3d said:

I also use the 64bit and have this issue. Can assist further when I’m home later this evening.

Thanks, I will be needing the following:

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

1. I need to know your exact Java version, which can be seen by clicking View > Runtime Information

b3fCtiU.png

3. I know that you've probably done it, but can you please double check that you've already deleted the hooks.dat file, just to make sure that this is not a local issue? Please confirm that you've done this.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:05 PM, Einstein said:

Thanks Fluffee!

I am going to submit a bug report, because it's very likely that there are several members that are unable to use TRiBot due to the severity of this bug. But in order to do so, I need more information.

@atheismaster @derangedranger420 @t3l3 bl0ck3d

b3fCtiU.png

Thank you.

@Optimus At this point I am almost sure that the problem is client-related, but can you please confirm that your script doesn't interact with the following interfaces?

Interfaces.get(261, 59);
Interfaces.get(261, 60);

Yes I can confirm my script doesn't interact with those interfaces. I've also had the same problem multiple times but haven't managed to catch a stack trace of it. Deleting my hooks and dependencies seemed to fix it. I'll try catch the stack if it happens again.

• Like 1