Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tarxan

Bot detection Bans/locks

Its become pretty clear in the last couple of weeks Jagex has made policy changes to account creation, and bot busting and detection. Accounts are being locked and banned and at higher amount than the previous months. ive noticed across other platforms if u bring this to the communities attention, you get 1 of 2 reactions. people either agree that the bans and locks are more frequent and jagex has increased busting/detection. or you get the Hu dur its your proxies you arent taking breaks correctly blah blah. What i havent seen is site admins at least honestly say yeah they are cracking down and detection. ive done a little research and a community admin chimed in on this and i will post what i found down below. Thoughts? anyone getting theses bans or locks or not being effected at all?

6a92827b5ba478c66c64582fa31b970e.png

97fe1a6fb874f48c564a66fc62386ec3.png

c78c22932b78ab02a4f210cf6387f159.png

e11992022bf3e4855a7f7e7e266c5da8.png

A while ago I read this post which may either 1) be a total shitpost conspiracy theory or 2) give some actual insight into the reason some accounts keep getting banned very quickly. Essentially what it boils down to is this:

Certain PCs get hardware ID flagged by Jagex servers. Certain scripts that have very recognizable patterns also get flagged. When a flagged PC runs a flagged script, the account is instantly banned as soon as the script pattern gets recognized (7-15 seconds in many cases).

The "evidence" in that post is essentially just some guy showing that his accounts get banned in very short periods of time, but his claims are essentially this:

On one laptop (his Macbook) he ran a clan chat spammer script like crazy and eventually it got to the point that his accounts were getting banned within 7-15 seconds consistently. When he started creating and running the accounts on a different laptop (never used for botting) this was prevented, even though his script was exactly the same. He wrote a few scripts in Ruby that messed with his UUIDs (universal unique identifier) and that had a noticeable impact on the banrates.

TLDR; There is some (not super reliable) evidence to support the claim that in some cases where accounts get banned extremely quickly, one major contributing factor is the hardware configuration of the PC, and another is the activity pattern of the script being used. The two combined appear to be the primary "instaban" criteria.

@tarxan

Edited by IceKontroI
  • Like 1

id have to say...go look at trilezs post about his theory on bans.

if you apply it to your botting, and dont let the banning program see you as a 100% chance of a bot your fine...

just keep it in the 60-70% range, and your good.

ive botted recently 12hrs, with maybe 1 break, for 4 days straight. on top of 2 + months of 8-10 hrs of botting (little breaks) (no looking gless)

how? well my botting method invloves not to much clicking to begin with... and for about every stack bot movements  i have just as much or more human movement to go with it.

so 50% botting data+50% human data, keep the jagex system thinking im 50-70% chance of being a bot...at worst.

they CANNOT BANN YOU unless they are 100% sure your a bot.

how do they get to 100%?

when jagex see's you using EXACT movements from previously banned scripts thats a + to chance of being a bot.

when your bot messes up and end up in a random city, clicking cluelessly, thats a big + to chance of bot.

the above 2 are huge chunks of of much of a chance of bot you are.

but there is many more. just use common sense.

ps: pathing logic, or walking is a weak point here at tribot in my personal honest opinion. thats why runecrafters, or skills that require alot of walking/banking get you banned easier.

I feel pathing logic antibann needs some sprucing up.

Edited by luberda
  • Like 2

You're referring to information provided by botters who do not have great knowledge. Yes bans are increasing, however I still have accounts that aren't banned that last months. I just recently in the past few days had accounts run out of membership from the 30 days of prime that were suiciding 24/7 no breaks on gold farm methods, and they still never got banned. It all depends on the script, how you bot, breaks, etc like you claim the "hurr durr" say, people say that because IT IS TRUE. I am also aware of the website that screenshot is taken from, that client was doomed to fail from the start.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, godspower33 said:

You're referring to information provided by botters who do not have great knowledge. Yes bans are increasing, however I still have accounts that aren't banned that last months. I just recently in the past few days had accounts run out of membership from the 30 days of prime that were suiciding 24/7 no breaks on gold farm methods, and they still never got banned. It all depends on the script, how you bot, breaks, etc

That just implies some accounts/activities undergo higher scrutiny than others, which isn't news. But, once marked, they have a significantly higher chance of getting banned than before.

Which means private scripts in obscure locations might work as well as before, and everything else is getting squeezed out of existence.

18 minutes ago, contemporary said:

That just implies some accounts/activities undergo higher scrutiny than others, which isn't news. But, once marked, they have a significantly higher chance of getting banned than before.

Which means private scripts in obscure locations might work as well as before, and everything else is getting squeezed out of existence.

I am using some premium scripts as well, mostly my own but I've been running accounts for 30 days+ on premium scripts available on the repository. These methods are not obscure or low key in any way. So I wouldn't say being "Squeezed out of existence" 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, godspower33 said:

I am using some premium scripts as well, mostly my own but I've been running accounts for 30 days+ on premium scripts available on the repository. These methods are not obscure or low key in any way. So I wouldn't say being "Squeezed out of existence" 

The smithing script that you probably refer to is still very new and haven't been (ab)used enough to qualify for this argument. Once tens of thousands accounts go through it and it leaves the "honeymoon" period - it will produce different results.

But that wasn't my point.

I wanted to say that most botted accounts are getting increasingly hammered the last few weeks. Where a generic p2p woodcutter would survive weeks, now it survives days, if that. Where an account playing certain minigames could bot for months, now it gets suspended in weeks, sometimes even days. From what I read, most other people are experiencing this as well.

Going from being suspected to banned has never been so quick, and it's unnerving.

3 hours ago, FALSkills said:

There is definitely a very high ban rate for me on new/low level accounts on the standard TRiBot client.  I use looking glass on any account that I don't want to get banned and it seems to help quite a bit.

Interesting. Have you tried mixing it up, i.e. running new accounts on LG, then switching to standard client to test if they get quickly suspended afterwards?

I made a new account and I ran a quest bot and did about 5 quests in one day.

the next day got banned.

so I made another account tried again and did the exact same thing and go banned perm literally the next day again. 

something jagex is doing is more effective and the cards are in their hands this time.

Edited by MilkyWay

27 minutes ago, MilkyWay said:

the next day got banned.

so I made another account tried again and did the exact same thing and go banned perm literally the next day again. 

something jagex is doing is more effective and the cards are in their hands this time.

I assume this was in F2P? F2P bots get banned daily, they have always been like that for the most part. At least from a gold farming stand point.

30 minutes ago, MilkyWay said:

the next day got banned.

so I made another account tried again and did the exact same thing and go banned perm.

Were you using looking glass?

I am getting fed up with people thinking they know what they are talking about "where you ftp, ftp gets banned faster"

"did your account come off tut island, new accounts have more scrutiny"

It doesn't make any difference. As long as the bot you are using is undetected, you shouldn't get banned. As long as you don't bot stupid bot like hours.

Also if that is true what you are saying then basically saying   according to your logic, Jagex scan new accounts and ftp accounts so they can then detect you because they performed a scan on your account so you get banned.

So if that's true then no bot is undetectable then. It is only if they don't scan your account.

This is bullshit, and  completely untrue.    The only reason you all getting like next day bans  is because they have new anti bot methods to detect botters. That is the most reliable Answer to this puzzle and my words should not be ignored and the developer needs to find new ways to make the client interact with the game.

you could start by getting rid of looking glass, and making it so the bot doesn't work unless you have the osrs client installed on your pc like runemate does.

Edited by MilkyWay

4 minutes ago, contemporary said:

It might be counterintuitive, but yes - Jagex allows some bots to exist knowingly. Otherwise 2 day bans for macroing wouldn't exist.

That's one of the reasons why figuring out what is detected, what is getting flagged and why, is difficult.

It's not difficult anymore. you have the answers. try looking through the hundreds of data that is stored on the internet where people are filling out why they got banned for macroing.

I just posted you how I just got banned  that  basically says the client is detected.  As I only ran a premium quest bot and did about 5 quests next day ban. So I tried again next day ban., This is because the client is detected.

Edited by MilkyWay

38 minutes ago, MilkyWay said:

It's not difficult anymore. you have the answers. try looking through the hundreds of data that is stored on the internet where people are filling out why they got banned for macroing.

I just posted you how I just got banned  that  basically says the client is detected.  As I only ran a premium quest bot and did about 5 quests next day ban. So I tried again next day ban., This is because the client is detected.

If its detected, have you tried looking glass?

12 minutes ago, Naton said:

If its detected, have you tried looking glass?

I have just done the same test again but this time with looking glass,   will let you know the results soon.

As the bans seem to come the next day after using the quest bot.

Edited by MilkyWay

I'm guessing theyre bringing the hammer down on f2p farms. i cant even quest 7qp on my bots without them being banned the very next day my thing if the bot is undetectable what is the purpose of looking glass? tutorial accounts are being locked as well so they are clearly focusing more on those 2

13 minutes ago, tarxan said:

I'm guessing theyre bringing the hammer down on f2p farms. i cant even quest 7qp on my bots without them being banned the very next day my thing if the bot is undetectable what is the purpose of looking glass? tutorial accounts are being locked as well so they are clearly focusing more on those 2

if jagex decide who to bring the hammer down onto then that means all they got to do is decide what group of people to bring all their energy down to and can easily detect them lol.

Same with people who say "oh your Ip is flaged that's why you got banned"

Like by that logic it means if you are flagged then their anti bot system can easily detect you, same with the reference to the "hammer down" you said.

sounds stupid. The most reliable answer is that they can just detect your client if you get insta ban/next day ban.

Obvously if you don't get insta bans or next day bans, then it probably means your client is undetected and working well for you, and on your behalf you just got to mix in some legit play and some botting time. You would then do well.

Edited by MilkyWay

@MilkyWay You're delusional if you don't believe that F2P is higher ban rates. All those things people have said about F2P, Tut island, etc, is true. F2P is heavily watched by Bot Watch, P2P is not as they can't risk banning real players. F2P is always higher ban rate and has always been so even 1-2 years ago. I used to run a F2P automated farm on WCing, Mining, Fishing, I've had over 100k accounts banned so I believe I know what I am talking about. On the other hand, P2P is much less ban heavy due to them needing to collect more data to ensure you're a bot. 

26 minutes ago, godspower33 said:

@MilkyWay  You're delusional if you don't believe that F2P is higher ban rates. All those things people have said about F2P, Tut island, etc, is true. F2P is heavily watched by Bot Watch, P2P is not as they can't risk banning real players. F2P is always higher ban rate and has always been so even 1-2 years ago. I used to run a F2P automated farm on WCing, Mining, Fishing, I've had over 100k accounts banned so I believe I know what I am talking about. On the other hand, P2P is much less ban heavy due to them needing to collect more data to ensure you're a bot. 

You're delusional if you don't believe that F2P is higher ban rates. All those things people have said about F2P, Tut island, etc, is true.

I am not delusional, Yes maybe they put a little more emphasis on free to play worlds and new accounts. But you have taken it out of context, I am talking about my case, and my case is I made a new account and botted 5 quests and that was all,    no other previous boting sessions, next day ban and I try again and next day ban. This has nothing todo with BotWatch I got banned because client detected.

now I just tried doing those quests again and this time I am using looking glass, to see if it will make a difference.

They have a profiling system(botwatch) which watches your behaviour in game and it creates a small profile about how long you are logged in for,  what skill you are doing, how long on average do you do this skill for. Then it compares that to the average legit player, ect ect.

The first thing they do, check number 1.

number 1.  Is client connected to official runescape client.

Number 2. Player has now passed the client detection program. We now move on to our bot watch which collects data about the player. Now remember I told you all I did was 5 quests on a fresh account and that was banned next day. I also told you I made another account and botted the same 5 quests again, in no particular order, and was banned again next day.  This has nothing todo with botwatch, simply put the client is detected which Is why I got banned next day because I couldn't pass check number 1.

Additional tests look at how the player interacts with objects in screen they look at mouse data in a graph where they can try to spot different similarities between legit and bots.

Also things like if the bot gets stuck they will try and look for looping mouse where the mouse is  twitching left and right up and down for hours, this is also another good way because maybe the bot completed an activity but couldn't close the window off so it was stuck looping the mouse around in a pattern only jagex knows to look for. They put the patterns down on graph paper first, then make a program to spot these differences in game.

Edited by MilkyWay
  • thonking 1

The questing bots on tribot, not to be rude aren't the best when it comes to not being able to not be detected. The reason for this is they spam through quest dialog un-human like(even more nonhuman like when the account is new do you think a new player can spam through and know exactly what to do unlikely), try questing on your own then botting 

Edited by Hacka