Sign in to follow this  
Notorious

Premium scripts gone?

1 hour ago, Notorious said:

Thanks Netami.  That's trash. I paid for lifetime I should have lifetime. I'll never spend another dime here. 

Yeah, pretty sure people woulda been less pissed if like a site wide notification was sent to everyone, or an announcement to everyone registered email, but instead there was like one announcement post saying it was a bad system and goldfarmers abused it yadda yada now its just people coming and realizing that their auths are gone and being like wtf.

Im with you though, The only money Ive spent since it was announced is strictly for my VIP.🤨

1 hour ago, Notorious said:

Thanks Netami.  That's trash. I paid for lifetime I should have lifetime. I'll never spend another dime here. 

I assume that TRiLeZ’s/the admins’ thought process was that the majority of lifetime users weren’t spending another dime here in the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Notorious said:

I paid for lifetime I should have lifetime.

'Lifetime' refers to the lifetime of the script, not your lifetime nor the lifetime of the scripter.

With that in mind, if the author of one of your 'lifetime' purchases decided at any point that the script is over, he or she could have very easily discontinue the script, everybody would lose their so-called 'lifetime' auths, and no one would complain. I don't understand why this time it would be any different.

You've been granted an additional 6 months of usage after the decision has been taken, and chances are, you've been using your scripts for years, which is a very reasonable time frame that could be referred to as the script's lifetime.

Software development and maintenance is hard work that requires dedication, time and effort.

If there is anything that can be deemed unfair, that would be the old system, where users spent a few credits once, then received countless updates that they didn't paid for, to the code that would otherwise be rendered unusable by any game update.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

'Lifetime' refers to the lifetime of the script, not your lifetime nor the lifetime of the scripter.

With that in mind, if the author of one of your 'lifetime' purchases decided at any point that the script is over, he or she could have very easily discontinue the script, everybody would lose their so-called 'lifetime' auths, and no one would complain. I don't understand why this time it would be any different.

You've been granted an additional 6 months of usage after the decision has been taken, and chances are, you've been using your scripts for years, which is a very reasonable time frame that could be referred to as the script's lifetime.

Software development and maintenance is hard work that requires dedication, time and effort.

If there is anything that can be deemed unfair, that would be the old system, where users spent a few credits once, then received countless updates that they didn't paid for, to the code that would otherwise be rendered unusable by any game update.

Maintenance for updating runescape scripts is extremely easy though.

Even I can say that and i'm a pretty nooby script writer.

Most maintenance is changing an Id or string or adding a method that gives a different way to do something.

It's not like actually updating the client where you have to go through and change everything; most of the time when something goes wrong or Jagex changes something In game it can be fixed in under 20 minutes.

Thats like 20 minutes once a week MAYBE(if the skill/method has been changed somehow)

What about a script that I had that the scripter hadn't been updating because it didnt need updating other than super small QOL updates every few months?

The script was never rendered unusable and never had any problems with it although there would be months at a time without updates lol.

• thonking 1

22 minutes ago, adamhackz said:

If you're maintaining a basic script, sure.

However anything complex that is worth selling as a premium product requires a lot of time to maintain and improve. 'Maintaining' also involves fixing bugs as well, and there is no work around this - as long as software will be written by humans, bugs will remain a fact of life, and their number is directly proportional with the complexity of the code.

However, you're absolutely right when you're saying that some scripters didn't keep their products up to date (while others were active on the thread almost daily), and this brings yet another reason why the old system was deeply flawed: it didn't facilitate for a way to 'reward' the productive scripters and 'punish' the inactive ones.

The new system is much more fair in that respect, meaning that scripters that can't bother to update their code and ignore the users for weeks or even months at a time will simply be removed from the market, as a simple principle of economics.

I can perfectly understand why the immediate reaction of some users might be resentfulness, however the old system was deeply flawed, encouraged laziness and stagnation, promoting monopoly through the user-count snowball effect, and overall had disastrous effects on the market.

Removing the lifetime auths was probably the best decision in the recent history of TRiBot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

if you hadn't already made me lose interest in this product you have now, almost every auth i had was lifetime. it should remain lifetime... i get people are abusing the system but you just ruined it for people like me aswell, the scripts i got lifetime auths for, are scripts that i would use time to time, i'll be fucked if i re-new these scripts once every couple of weeks now. nty. it was fine 2 years ago when i bought em but not now? nah i'm good, this is why i changed platforms long ago, you had 2-3 better scripts on here that i had a lifetime auth for and used, now i have no reason to use this.. i already gold farm via a different site due to this one being poorly updated in my opinion, this is indian giving at it fucking finest.  You could have worked this out in a much better way instead of shitting on your paying customers time after time, i would back you guys day in and day out saying you do care about your customers etc, but the more it goes on the more i see, To anyone thinking on continuing here, cash out and get out, tribot is no longer what it used to be and never will be again. 
thankyou for my trips around the world and the tattoos i got to put on my body but as far as i'm concerned, we're done here. caio

Edited by smurfs14
  • Like 3
  • thonking 1

1 hour ago, adamhackz said:

Most maintenance is changing an Id or string or adding a method that gives a different way to do something.

It's not like actually updating the client where you have to go through and change everything; most of the time when something goes wrong or Jagex changes something In game it can be fixed in under 20 minutes.

Thats like 20 minutes once a week MAYBE(if the skill/method has been changed somehow)

What about a script that I had that the scripter hadn't been updating because it didnt need updating other than super small QOL updates every few months?

The script was never rendered unusable and never had any problems with it although there would be months at a time without updates lol.

You're not taking into account customer service and having to resolve complaints/bugs even if they were user-error, Why should I or anyone have to deal with that for life for $5? If you have a lot of users and you are active and you get a lot of PMs asking 'the best way to use the script' 'what are ban rates right now' etc, that is a lot of time spent that could be spent on other projects or IRL.

I'm not going to use tribot ever again and not paying a single dime here. I paid for three lifetime auths and I ran them in one instance. Target the gold farmers if thats youre complaint. You just put all your customers in the crossfire.

I understand how this system is better for scripters. But now watch everyone of your customers leave because every other site has better offers and lifetimes. 

Also saying lifetime then changing it to whatever you want really makes me question the integrity the product that tribot sells. 

This is now the most expensive botting website and only a few of the scripts are top of the line compared to rival sites.

• Like 1
  • thonking 1

This is ridiculous. All that should've been done is a single instance limit put on lifetime scripts to stop the gold farmers. I bot on a single account, it's not worth it at all to continue buying every month, because im not farming, it's just a convenience thing. 

• Like 4
  • thonking 1

Just ridiculous.. If you know the scripts aren't for a lifetime then don't say they are then take them away.. I paid for a lifetime service and it's not been delivered.. Would have been better to stop selling "lifetime" scripts and whoever already had it would be able to keep it.. But this is just sad and greedy because what I bought wasn't what I got.. Pretty much scammed everyone who bought a lifetime script.. And don't try to bs about the lifetime of the script cuz the scripts are still up.. Just another way yall trying to extort money 

• Like 4
  • thonking 1

4 hours ago, Wentmos said:

Just ridiculous.. If you know the scripts aren't for a lifetime then don't say they are then take them away.. I paid for a lifetime service and it's not been delivered.. Would have been better to stop selling "lifetime" scripts and whoever already had it would be able to keep it.. But this is just sad and greedy because what I bought wasn't what I got.. Pretty much scammed everyone who bought a lifetime script.. And don't try to bs about the lifetime of the script cuz the scripts are still up.. Just another way yall trying to extort money 

You clearly didn't read anything that was said and judging by your lack of VIP, you probably don't even use the bot anyways so you won't be missed. Customer service provided by scripters regardless of bugs/updates needed to script takes up a large amount of time, are scripters supposed to give away their free time for free for life? Do you have unlimited free time you'd like to give away helping random people, explaining how something works and fixing various things? I'm sure the very reason you bot is because you have limited free time.

6 hours ago, Wentmos said:

Thanks for the good laugh. You may leave if you are not satisfied.

Posted (edited)

It truly is a bad business practice to complete a transaction acceptable to both parties then change the conditions down the road, regardless of your reasoning. I completely agree and can understand the lifetime model is not sustainable, I think most could see it years ago when they were first offered including those offering the deal. However, that does not give the seller the right to make changes to the agreement made years ago. It was a mistake to offer it to being with but a even bigger mistake to renege on.

Edited by Mr snewo
  • Like 3
  • thonking 2

why not just change all lifetimes to 1 instance, i'm sure most of us would be happy with that. I don't use the scrip[ts all the time but when building a new acc it's nice to get all the early agil levels/quest req skills out of the way..

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Look this is a for profit business. Trilez is allowed to milk his scheme for however much he'd like to. He also just coincidentally enough made me lose all interest in the little bit of nostalgia I've found in OSRS all these years. I'm in graduate school---I don't have time to become a full time bot farm manager to justify buying monthly, bi-monthly and weekly scripts to pay for the initial investments and overhead to maintain 1-2 accounts on Looking Glass; nor do I want to spend 30$ + a month of my own income to play casually on these two accounts. That's just straight unintelligent. 

@TRiLeZ

You seriously need to consider reinstating single auth for lifetime purchases. I understand your reasoning behind your actions, but you're taking a harsh approach towards the casual player. NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THIS GAME TO MAKE AN ADDITIONAL INCOME. You're conducting bad business and I urge you to reconsider. 

MrRoo

Edited by MrRoo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MrRoo said:

Look this is a for profit business. Trilez is allowed to milk his scheme for however much he'd like to. He also just coincidentally enough made me lose all interest in the little bit of nostalgia I've found in OSRS all these years. I'm in graduate school---I don't have time to become a full time bot farm manager to justify buying monthly, bi-monthly and weekly scripts to pay for the initial investments and overhead to maintain 1-2 accounts on Looking Glass; nor do I want to spend 30$ + a month of my own income to play casually on these two accounts. That's just straight unintelligent. 

@TRiLeZ

You seriously need to consider reinstating single auth for lifetime purchases. I understand your reasoning behind your actions, but you're taking a harsh approach towards the casual player. NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THIS GAME TO MAKE AN ADDITIONAL INCOME. You're conducting bad business and I urge you to reconsider. 

MrRoo

No thanks. I'd rather not develop for $0.00001/hr.