• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Sign in to follow this  
pietpompies

Rating system for scripts?

Hey, how about adding some kind of rating system for scrips? This way people can see which scripts others prefer using.

Also, could you maybe add a way to see when a script was last updated? This can help to prevent people from buying outdated scrips that has been abandoned or may not work as good anymore.

1 hour ago, pietpompies said:

Hey, how about adding some kind of rating system for scrips? This way people can see which scripts others prefer using.

Also, could you maybe add a way to see when a script was last updated? This can help to prevent people from buying outdated scrips that has been abandoned or may not work as good anymore.

Last updated can be seen on the scripts repository page. I don't agree with the rating system as it can be used spitefully, I think preference should be based on the trial system that is offered.

3 hours ago, Naton said:

I would love a system like this except it would have to be moderated carefully because users would leave poor reviews on scripts based on the fact that they just don't know how to use the script/some other user error.

Yes it should be moderated, but not like other script threads I've seen before. Certain script users have had moderators remove comments related to bans because it's bad for sales. People should be able to leave bad reviews because their account was banned. Over time the rating system will become an accurate assessment of the script's banrate, functionality, and support if it's not skewed by greed.

23 minutes ago, IceKontroI said:

Yes it should be moderated, but not like other script threads I've seen before. Certain script users have had moderators remove comments related to bans because it's bad for sales. People should be able to leave bad reviews because their account was banned. Over time the rating system will become an accurate assessment of the script's banrate, functionality, and support if it's not skewed by greed.

I'm not too sure if I agree with that. In the long run, it should work fine like you stated but short term, it could fuck over some people who have users with awful botting habits and happen to get more bans due to nothing script related.

2 minutes ago, Naton said:

I'm not too sure if I agree with that. In the long run, it should work fine like you stated but short term, it could fuck over some people who have users with awful botting habits and happen to get more bans due to nothing script related.

Well then we need to increase sample size of ratings to ensure reliability. Maybe you need 100+ ratings from unique users for the rating to display? Or maybe moderate the first 100 ratings?

5 hours ago, IceKontroI said:

Certain script users have had moderators remove comments related to bans because it's bad for sales. People should be able to leave bad reviews because their account was banned.

Users should refrain from posting such comments on the script threads for the following reasons:

1. Statistically speaking, the vast majority of users that do not get banned from using a certain script, won't bother to comment on the thread about how well it worked and how safe is using it. They only comment on the thread whenever they have a problem, and this is why the overwhelming majority of thread comments are bug reports.

Having the last 10 comments "got banned using this, it's not safe", while hundreds of users are safely using this script but they won't bother to praise it on the thread will result in a unrealistic image, will make all the scripts without exception look like they are impossible to use without getting banned and will wrongfully scare away the potential users.

2. It's not uncommon for Jagex to gather several hours of data for your account and then apply the ban with a slight delay. At the time of the ban, the user might be running a different script, might be playing legitimate or might be logged of. Users that ran more than one script cannot accurately determine which script resulted in their account being banned, and commenting on the thread will further result in potentially inaccurate feedback.

3. Sometimes, it's not the script alone that got the user banned. Incorrect botting habits will result in bans after bans, regardless of the underlying software. Imagine a Zulrah account with no friends, no players on the ignore list, 0 public messages sent since account creation, no skills or quests other than the minimum requirements for this boss, running 10 hours a day, everyday. I don't think there will ever be a script that could prevent that kind of account from getting banned.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Users should refrain from posting such comments on the script threads for the following reasons:

1. Statistically speaking, the vast majority of users that do not get banned from using a certain script, won't bother to comment on the thread about how well it worked and how safe is using it. They only comment on the thread whenever they have a problem, and this is why the overwhelming majority of thread comments are bug reports.

Having the last 10 comments "got banned using this, it's not safe", while hundreds of users are safely using this script but they won't bother to praise it on the thread will result in a unrealistic image, will make all the scripts without exception look like they are impossible to use without getting banned and will wrongfully scare away the potential users.

2. It's not uncommon for Jagex to gather several hours of data for your account and then apply the ban with a slight delay. At the time of the ban, the user might be running a different script, might be playing legitimate or might be logged of. Users that ran more than one script cannot accurately determine which script resulted in their account being banned, and commenting on the thread will further result in potentially inaccurate feedback.

3. Sometimes, it's not the script alone that got the user banned. Incorrect botting habits will result in bans after bans, regardless of the underlying software. Imagine a Zulrah account with no friends, no players on the ignore list, 0 public messages sent since account creation, no skills or quests other than the minimum requirements for this boss, running 10 hours a day, everyday. I don't think there will ever be a script that could prevent that kind of account from getting banned.

While I agree that the proposed system is flawed (as nearly all systems are inevitably), script banrate is one of the most important (and complained about) factors when botting, and we need some way of gauging it. If we can rate scripts in terms of banrate, we can figure out what factors influence banrate in general, which I think everyone here can agree would be very illuminating.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IceKontroI said:

While I agree that the proposed system is flawed (as nearly all systems are inevitably), script banrate is one of the most important (and complained about) factors when botting, and we need some way of gauging it. If we can rate scripts in terms of banrate, we can figure out what factors influence banrate in general, which I think everyone here can agree would be very illuminating.

The problem is this information is only valuable if you provide all scripts ran, the amount of time each script was ran, the specific location that you ran the scripts at, the day of week and time of day each script was ran, and the account's stats. From what I've witnessed, no one is 100% truthful when providing this information and all of this information is never provided. In my experience, every time someone has claimed to have "only ran 4 hours", they actually ran way more than that.

1 minute ago, Encoded said:

The problem is this information is only valuable if you provide all scripts ran, the amount of time each script was ran, the specific location that you ran the scripts at, the day of week and time of day each script was ran, and the account's stats. From what I've witnessed, no one is 100% truthful when providing this information and all of this information is never provided. In my experience, every time someone has claimed to have "only ran 4 hours", they actually ran way more than that.

All of this is true, however Tribot client itself could track all of those statistics without any human bias. It would mean that the botting client itself collects anonymous data about your account, however, and some people may feel this is a breech of privacy, and even safety, but it's a small price to pay for benefit of these statistics.