• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
TRiLeZ

TRiBot Release 9.400_0

2 minutes ago, theholyone said:

Instead of trying to replicate this consistently which I honestly don't think it's even possible now because of how random it is, finding a temporary patch that will fix the problem for now seems like a more logical choice.

Ideal situation IMO would be to leave the client as is for the people who for some reason don't trigger the bug while leaving a separate beta version of tribot for those of us who are desperate for any strand of hope.

I agree with you 

Array
9 hours ago, Einstein said:

As long as software will be written by humans, bugs will remain a fact of life.

Re-writing code from the ground up is almost never a viable solution. The developers are aware of the gravity of the problem, and the bug will be patched as soon as they manage to find a way to consistently replicate it.

When a bug is difficult or impossible to track down, rewriting small parts of code can be an easier and quicker solution.

Judging by forum posts, some users with custom built break/login handlers aren't experiencing these issues.

Edited by contemporary

42 minutes ago, contemporary said:

When a bug is difficult or impossible to track down, rewriting small parts of code can be an easier and quicker solution.

Judging by forum posts, some users with custom built break/login handlers aren't experiencing these issues.

I made my own login handler and it was still broken. Even tried using colours to detect if logged out. Can you link me some of these posts?

Edited by joe biden

Would very much love it if we could get a confirmation on whether a separate beta version of the client is possible while we wait until this issue can be successfully recreated consistently.

( Separate not as in Developer release, because that doesn't support the built in client starter afaik )

I am not a programmer, but from my POV, if someone is out looking for a consistent way to replicate a bug, there should theoretically be a solution or a temp fix for problem already, and they are just trying to find a way to make it a perm fix.

@Fluffee

P.S this wouldn't of hurt so much if there wasn't a huge 700 - 1000k membership sale going on... ?

Edited by theholyone

and the same no any respond for any fix or announce , yesterday i used a custom breaks for one script the break is work fine for the first 2 line but i don't know what happend next the client i go run for ever without stop .. the problem still exist even with custom breaks .

On 8/2/2018 at 11:48 PM, contemporary said:

It might not trigger every break, but it's a major bug that happens often enough to disrupt botting significantly. Without babysitting, it's impossible to run multiple bots with breaks.

Let us know if we can help with providing additional information or testing, this bug really needs to be addressed seriously and squashed.

You can actually! See the information at the bottom of the post.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:29 AM, theholyone said:

Instead of trying to replicate this consistently which I honestly don't think it's even possible now because of how random it is, finding a temporary patch that will fix the problem for now seems like a more logical choice.

Ideal situation IMO would be to leave the client as is for the people who for some reason don't trigger the bug while leaving a separate beta version of tribot for those of us who are desperate for any strand of hope.

also it's been 14 days not 20 lol

Client starter is also broken, does not load correct worlds whether you put 301 or 1 as selected world, didn't realize this til now ?

I actually misspoke about the consistent replication, well actually I misunderstood. Todd is looking for a consistent way to replicate the bug, but that's only because he hasn't been able to replicate it at all. He's currently running over 15 accounts non stop on various break profiles, trying to get the bug to occur, and he's been doing this for days. He still hasn't seen the bug, which is why there hasn't been a fix.

I believe his new plan is to manually look through every line of code that was changed in the last update to see if there is anything obviously wrong, but I'm unsure how long that will take, as it depends on how much was changed with the last update

On 8/3/2018 at 5:36 PM, contemporary said:

Todd isn't big on this idea. I would guess that the login bot/break handler, is more complicated than we think and rewriting it from the ground up could be a much bigger project.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:57 PM, theholyone said:

Would very much love it if we could get a confirmation on whether a separate beta version of the client is possible while we wait until this issue can be successfully recreated consistently.

( Separate not as in Developer release, because that doesn't support the built in client starter afaik )

I am not a programmer, but from my POV, if someone is out looking for a consistent way to replicate a bug, there should theoretically be a solution or a temp fix for problem already, and they are just trying to find a way to make it a perm fix.

@Fluffee

P.S this wouldn't of hurt so much if there wasn't a huge 700 - 1000k membership sale going on... ?

See above, I was wrong about the consistent way, that's my mistake. Sorry about that.

As we're still having issues replicating the bug. if anyone reading this is someone who experiences the bug frequently, Todd strongly encourages you to run the developmental release of TRiBot. While the dev release won't fix the bug with the login, it does print a massive amount of debug information which Todd can use to diagnose the problem.

To run the Developmental Release tick the box in the TRiBot Loader labeled Developmental Release. Then, when you experience the bug, send the entire bot and client debug, either to myself or Todd. Hopefully then Todd can get a fix soon!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fluffee said:

What are the steps to get info? I've got some accounts stuck

Clients are not using the built in break handler, the timer I have set for my breaks is still ticking

Stack trace:
The bugs kicking in during the login method
https://imgur.com/a/IO8FVKc

Client Debug:

• xxxxxxx
  • [19:02:01] Login bot started.
Edited by theholyone

10 hours ago, theholyone said:

What are the steps to get info? I've got some accounts stuck

Clients are not using the built in break handler, the timer I have set for my breaks is still ticking

Stack trace:
The bugs kicking in during the login method
https://imgur.com/a/IO8FVKc

Client Debug:

• xxxxxxx
  • [19:02:01] Login bot started.

Make sure to use the dev release.

Todd:

"I'm gonna create a DEV release of tribot that spams debug info for the login bot"

"Okay the dev release is now out. If you commonly get the login bot getting stuck. please use this version and report back the bot debug and the client debug
(once it gets stuck)"

• Like 1

Seeing as how it's been a whole month now, doesn't seem like this issue will ever get resolved.

RIP afking botting, and to apparently few that are experiencing, better go set some alarms on your phone to go off every hour or two :)

lmao another great example of bot getting stuck right after muling..

(For those wondering, look at running time and look at time until "next break" lol, after muling it was immediately stuck so it never went for break)

kyb6Dcm.png

Edited by theholyone

On 8/20/2018 at 3:48 AM, theholyone said:

Seeing as how it's been a whole month now, doesn't seem like this issue will ever get resolved.

RIP afking botting, and to apparently few that are experiencing, better go set some alarms on your phone to go off every hour or two :)

lmao another great example of bot getting stuck right after muling..

(For those wondering, look at running time and look at time until "next break" lol, after muling it was immediately stuck so it never went for break)

kyb6Dcm.png

Yup getting tiresome having to check the bot every few hours. Not to talk about how annoying it is to find the bot was doing nothing for 10 hours.

@TRiLeZ @Todd @Fluffee Guys we really need to see something here... it seems like there is no progress and it's really a major bug for some of us. I'm already using another botting client due to this bug and I'm probably not the only one. I've submitted 2 bug reports using the dev release but most of the times there is nothing in the bot/client debug when the bug occurs.

Anything else that we can do to help you figure this out? any idea what could cause that? any solution that you have in mind on our end?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, NinjadGuy said:

Yup getting tiresome having to check the bot every few hours. Not to talk about how annoying it is to find the bot was doing nothing for 10 hours.

@TRiLeZ @Todd @Fluffee Guys we really need to see something here... it seems like there is no progress and it's really a major bug for some of us. I'm already using another botting client due to this bug and I'm probably not the only one. I've submitted 2 bug reports using the dev release but most of the times there is nothing in the bot/client debug when the bug occurs.

Anything else that we can do to help you figure this out? any idea what could cause that? any solution that you have in mind on our end?

Same issue, ripping my hair out.