Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
UncleHard

Jagex Ban Theory

Following the recent 2 day ban on my main i decided to really delve into what exactly triggers a ban.

I created 3 accounts in total, the first got banned as soon as i finished tut island using a bot 20 mins

the second got banned during tut island 10 mins

i switched over to osbuddy a non detectable client (not tribots)

and I've successfully been botting for 1 hour straight, thats a massive improvement especially after 3 consecutive bans

My theory? They've detected tribots client, if you're flagged or reported the client will be an instant giveaway, looking glass may be the solution to avoid being detected on  a main.

UPDATE: 15+ HOURS STRAIGHT NO BAN

This BAN posted below was handed out simply for using an HD client. If they detect a non approved 3rd parry client its an instant giveaway.

Further Proof: 

Edited by UncleHard

Array

If you do tutorial island on a flagged proxy, by hand or by bot, you will get banned. That has been known for some time. Using the same proxies but on LG can sometimes get you through but in the end I found it comes down to whether your proxy is flagged or not. 

25 minutes ago, godspower33 said:

If you do tutorial island on a flagged proxy, by hand or by bot, you will get banned. That has been known for some time. Using the same proxies but on LG can sometimes get you through but in the end I found it comes down to whether your proxy is flagged or not. 

@UncleHard Was the IP address you botted on previously flagged? Actually did you use the same IP addresses for each test? If so That may explain the 10 minute change in ban time from the first to second bot in the test.

Although the difference is significant for sure going from TRiBot to looking glass. If you want to take the test a step further, let us know if the looking glass account did end up getting banned, and include whether or not you continued to bot on it past the 1 hour mark mentioned in the OP.

28 minutes ago, IceKontroI said:

@UncleHard Was the IP address you botted on previously flagged? Actually did you use the same IP addresses for each test? If so That may explain the 10 minute change in ban time from the first to second bot in the test.

Although the difference is significant for sure going from TRiBot to looking glass. If you want to take the test a step further, let us know if the looking glass account did end up getting banned, and include whether or not you continued to bot on it past the 1 hour mark mentioned in the OP.

It was flagged at the time my main got banned, same IP for each test, the difference in time may be the time it took for an employee to push the ban through but it was probably pending from the moment that the accounts logged in on the tribot client.

I'm doing this because there is no way in fucking hell im gonna sit around clicking for 10 hours to get a level from 60-70. 

I have a life.

Edited by UncleHard

37 minutes ago, UncleHard said:

the difference in time may be the time it took for an employee to push the ban through

What time zone did these bans occur in? It seems unlikely an employee is behind every OSRS ban, some appears to be automated, especially the very quick ones (like you experienced in testing and the ones that happen in big scale automatic farm rigs).

I have some accounts using the regular client with over 500M total experience. The client is not 'detected'. If that was the case, you'd know. Everyone would be getting banned and there would be a myriad of posts about it.

There's many factors to consider with bans, and while we can't know exactly how they're administered, I can say with confidence that you have no idea what you're talking about

2 hours ago, Rij said:

yup ur right, I realized same thing, tribot client is detectable 100%, while looking glass I bot on my main 15 hours a day never got banned for like 5 month

Yep.

I have three accoutns each with around 1200-1700 total all used with looking glass and no bans, had one account i managed to get 99 strength with and around 1200 total without looking glass but got banned doing the exact same things as ther other accounts, minus using looking glass.

• thonking 1

17 minutes ago, adamhackz said:

Yep.

I have three accoutns each with around 1200-1700 total all used with looking glass and no bans, had one account i managed to get 99 strength with and around 1200 total without looking glass but got banned doing the exact same things as ther other accounts, minus using looking glass.

exactly.

3 hours ago, Rij said:

yup ur right, I realized same thing, tribot client is detectable 100%, while looking glass I bot on my main 15 hours a day never got banned for like 5 month

Tribot is not detected, I use it and hardly get bans doing certain methods. Like I said previously, if you use Tribot to do tutorial island on a flagged proxy by hand or by script, you will get banned or locked fast. If you want to see that it isn't detected, create a brand new account using chrome or w\e then do tutorial island and stuff by hand on no proxy and you won't get banned

We can't say TRIBOT IS DETECTABLE from this thread because the only data we have is from a sample size of 3 accounts (2 banned, 1 not). That simply isn't enough.

What we can say is that further exploration in this subject may yield results that support the idea that Looking Glass has a lower banrate than the regular TRiBot client.

I'd say from my own personal experience (about a year ago), LG had a noticeably lower ban rate than the regular client.

However, doing stuff like botting over night or for unrealistic periods of time, still got you banned.

One thing I would like to note though, is that we should keep in mind that some bans may be delayed.

1 hour ago, filthyfrank said:

LG means mirroring what you do on tribot on an official client/osbuddy. 

oh i get it now, youd have 1 tribot client and then the osbuddy behind it, and then log in the tribot and it will also play it in the bkacground of osbuddy and bot and everything, is that how it works?

14 minutes ago, cmdking said:

oh i get it now, youd have 1 tribot client and then the osbuddy behind it, and then log in the tribot and it will also play it in the bkacground of osbuddy and bot and everything, is that how it works?

Yeah, so you won't get detected using tribot, jagex will see you using osbuddy

2 hours ago, filthyfrank said:

Yeah, so you won't get detected using tribot, jagex will see you using osbuddy

yeh gotcha, only if i knew you needed vip e woulda bought that : ( gotta pay extra now for nothing, any possible way u can just pay the remainder to get vip e? rather spending another $8 on vip-e