NinjadGuy

Tau Grand Exchange Script

I'm unable to understand why it was removed.
I've used this script for a long time before and have been using it for the last month or so, the script is fully functional for windows users.
It's definitely one of the best scripts I've used on this client and other clients as well.

HoFIwfj.jpg

That's from today.

I think removing the script and Taco's premium scripter rank is not the right way to address it, please try to find another solution.

@TRiLeZ @Todd

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Encoded said:

The script wasn't being maintained and Taco had a long track record of disappearing for weeks/months. There's also no reason a script should only work on a specific operating system.

This, also wasn't this script non-functional on LG? Taco clearly wasn't able to maintain enough of a presence to keep his customers happy or keep the script up to TRiBot standards.

47 minutes ago, NinjadGuy said:

HoFIwfj.jpg

You're making 1.35 m/hr because there is no user base for TGE competing with your account. 

I've long since stopped using TGE for some reasons mentioned already, but mostly because it wasn't being maintained. Leading up to the script's removal, I saw a consistent stream of complaints about TGE in the recent threads feed on the forums. People were clearly not happy with the script.

I think the administration decided to take drastic measures because Taco is notoriously hard to get in touch with (as all TGE users know). Not saying I agree with the decision, but they had to do something.

I still feel like there's a better way to handle this rather than making Taco apply for premium scripter in 6 months. I know that the topic was closed by USA and reopened after an issue was addressed by Taco, but shouldn't Taco get a chance to work something out with TRiLeZ before removing it? The script did have like 74 users the last time I checked it.

4 hours ago, IceKontroI said:

You're making 1.35 m/hr because there is no user base for TGE competing with your account. 

I've long since stopped using TGE for some reasons mentioned already, but mostly because it wasn't being maintained. Leading up to the script's removal, I saw a consistent stream of complaints about TGE in the recent threads feed on the forums. People were clearly not happy with the script.

I think the administration decided to take drastic measures because Taco is notoriously hard to get in touch with (as all TGE users know). Not saying I agree with the decision, but they had to do something.

Well probably, but you have to agree that getting 0.5% is viable. It wasn't even the point, the point mostly was to show that the script is functional.

I've stopped using the script as well for like one and a half year so might've missed some of the drama.

19 minutes ago, NinjadGuy said:

I still feel like there's a better way to handle this rather than making Taco apply for premium scripter in 6 months. I know that the topic was closed by USA and reopened after an issue was addressed by Taco, but shouldn't Taco get a chance to work something out with TRiLeZ before removing it? The script did have like 74 users the last time I checked it.

This was already Taco's second chance, this isn't his first time in hot water concerning his scripts/users.

• Thanks 1

I can clarify this situation for everyone.

As some people know, I have been suffering from several severe mental health issues over the last 2-3 years. I won't go into it because the specifics aren't really relevant, but what is relevant is the impact those mental health issues have had on my ability to handle my position as a Premium Scripter on TRiBot. As @Netami pointed out, this isn't the first time this has happened. He knows better than most, as he used to be on my support team, and used to use Tau GE.

Yes, the script does, in fact, work exceptionally well for most. From an administrative perspective, this is not acceptable. As TRiLeZ recently pointed out to me in a discussion, TRiBot needs to keep customer satisfaction as high as possible, just like any business. If a script is broken for 5% of users, 5% of users will be dissatisfied. That is 5% dissatisfaction before the script is even started, which when you think about it, makes perfect sense to avoid. I have had a long time to ensure the script works for all users, yet for reasons I explained above, I failed to deliver. I openly and regrettably admit this.

The last thing I am going to address is the future. Most of the aforementioned problems have been taken care of, and I had planned on getting back into the thick of things starting at the beginning of the summer. Unfortunately, this lined up exactly with when the script was disabled and my demotion from Premium Scripter. Nevertheless, I am still resuming my activity, both on the forums and scripting. The reason I bring this up is to clarify that I am NOT becoming active again to get my rank back or anything like that; I have to wait 6 months before reapplying anyway. I know I am going to be accused of this, and I wanted to out of the gate clarify that this is not the case.

If anyone has any additional questions for me, please feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to reply.

@NinjadGuy

• Like 2