Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
adamhackz

Shopping Snippets

// Use Interface and item ID to check if an item is in stock
public static boolean inStock(int Master, int child, int component, int... ItemID){
    //String detectactions = Interfaces.get(Master,child,component).getComponentName().trim();
    int detectactions = Interfaces.get(Master,child,component).getComponentItem();
    General.println( detectactions );
    if (ItemID[0] == detectactions && ItemID.length > 0 ){
        return true;
    }
    else return false;

}

//Minimum in shop means the shop must have atleast that much of the item before attempting to purchase
//Amount to buy should be "Buy 1", "Buy 5", "Buy 10", or "Buy 50"
public static boolean buy(int Master, int child, int component, int MinimumInShop, String... Amounttobuy) {
    String[] detectactions = Interfaces.get( Master, child, component).getActions();
    int avaliable = Interfaces.get(Master, child, component).getComponentStack();
    RSInterface buyactions = Interfaces.get(Master, child, component);
    if (Interfaces.isInterfaceValid(Master) && detectactions.length > 0 && avaliable > MinimumInShop) {
        General.sleep( 500,1200 );
    }
    return Clicking.click(Amounttobuy, buyactions);
}
Edited by adamhackz
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • thonking 3

11 hours ago, adamhackz said:
// Use Interface and item ID to check if an item is in stock
public static boolean inStock(int Master, int child, int component, int... ItemID){
    //String detectactions = Interfaces.get(Master,child,component).getComponentName().trim();
    int detectactions = Interfaces.get(Master,child,component).getComponentItem();
    General.println( detectactions );
    if (ItemID[0] == detectactions && ItemID.length > 0 ){
        return true;
    }
    else return false;

}

//Minimum in shop means the shop must have atleast that much of the item before attempting to purchase
//Amount to buy should be "Buy 1", "Buy 5", "Buy 10", or "Buy 50"
public static boolean buy(int Master, int child, int component, int MinimumInShop, String... Amounttobuy) {
    String[] detectactions = Interfaces.get( Master, child, component).getActions();
    int avaliable = Interfaces.get(Master, child, component).getComponentStack();
    RSInterface buyactions = Interfaces.get(Master, child, component);
    if (Interfaces.isInterfaceValid(Master) && detectactions.length > 0 && avaliable > MinimumInShop) {
        General.sleep( 500,1200 );
    }
    return Clicking.click(Amounttobuy, buyactions);
}

Some constructive criticism written in the JavaDoc of my updated version:

/**
 * The whole function can be simplified by reducing it to a single line of code containing 4 boolean statements.
 * In the above function you attempt to get a bunch of variables from the RSInterface, and then afterwards check if the interface is valid.
 * In my case I didn't cache any variables, however if I were to do so, before caching vars I would check the validity of the RSInterface and return false immediately if wasn't valid.
 * Note that I've not cached any variables in the function since they did not need to be cached.
 * This is a very minor memory improvement, however it will serve you well in the future if you only cached things you were going to use multiple times.
 * Since you retrieve the same interface 3 times, why not just cache it once and use it repeatedly?
 * In this example I've passed it in as a parameter so there's no need to manually cache it as a variable.
 * Here I've opted to use the newly added API function Interfaces.isInterfaceSubstantiated(...).
 * It will check if the RSInterface is valid, being drawn, and not hidden, which is more thorough than simply checking the validity.
 */
public static boolean buy(RSInterface shopItem, int minStock, String ... amountToBuy) {

return Interfaces.isInterfaceSubstantiated(shopItem) && shopItem.getActions().length > 0 && shopItem.getComponentStack() > minStock && Clicking.click(amountToBuy, shopItem);
}

5 minutes ago, IceKontroI said:

/**
 * The whole function can be simplified by reducing it to a single line of code containing 4 boolean statements.
 * In the above function you attempt to get a bunch of variables from the RSInterface, and then afterwards check if the interface is valid.
 * In my case I didn't cache any variables, however if I were to do so, before caching vars I would check the validity of the RSInterface and return false immediately if wasn't valid.
 * Note that I've not cached any variables in the function since they did not need to be cached.
 * This is a very minor memory improvement, however it will serve you well in the future if you only cached things you were going to use multiple times.
 * Since you retrieve the same interface 3 times, why not just cache it once and use it repeatedly?
 * In this example I've passed it in as a parameter so there's no need to manually cache it as a variable.
 * Here I've opted to use the newly added API function Interfaces.isInterfaceSubstantiated(...).
 * It will check if the RSInterface is valid, being drawn, and not hidden, which is more thorough than simply checking the validity.
 */
public static boolean buy(RSInterface shopItem, int minStock, String ... amountToBuy) {

return Interfaces.isInterfaceSubstantiated(shopItem) && shopItem.getActions().length > 0 && shopItem.getComponentStack() > minStock && Clicking.click(amountToBuy, shopItem);
}

shopItems.getActions should be cached and null checked. I know its contrary to the rest of the tribot api, but string arrays need to be nullchecked not length checked.

Just now, FALSkills said:

shopItems.getActions should be cached and null checked. I know its contrary to the rest of the tribot api, but string arrays need to be nullchecked not length checked.

Damn yeah I was trying to edit the post but the site won't let me. Updated version:

/**
 * I do some lazy caching for String[] actions, so that if the interface isn't substantiated, it won't go on to cache the actions and will just return false.
 */

String[] actions;
    if (Interfaces.isInterfaceSubstantiated(shopItem) && (actions = shopItem.getActions()) != null && actions.length > 0 && shopItem.getComponentStack() > minStock) {
        General.sleep(500, 1200);
        return Clicking.click(amountToBuy, shopItem);
    }
    return false;
}

Variable actions for the shopItem are lazy cached, plus support has been added for sleeping before clicking.

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

i sense verbal A B U S E

Why are you checking if the array's length is greater than 0 (checking if index 0 exists) after accessing index 0? Not only it's completely useless, but the first expression can off your script.

BA9uXCQ.png

Also, there is no else. If the code returns on line 2 the subsequent instructions will not be executed.

Ive gotten in the horrible habit of doing else return false just so I can visualize it returning false.
Trying to get over doing that.

5 hours ago, IceKontroI said:

Damn yeah I was trying to edit the post but the site won't let me. Updated version:

/**
 * I do some lazy caching for String[] actions, so that if the interface isn't substantiated, it won't go on to cache the actions and will just return false.
 */

String[] actions;
    if (Interfaces.isInterfaceSubstantiated(shopItem) && (actions = shopItem.getActions()) != null && actions.length > 0 && shopItem.getComponentStack() > minStock) {
        General.sleep(500, 1200);
        return Clicking.click(amountToBuy, shopItem);
    }
    return false;
}

Variable actions for the shopItem are lazy cached, plus support has been added for sleeping before clicking.

I also appreciate this, this is incredibly helpful and to be honest I'm not suprised you were able to shorten it by so much.. I wasn't sure how I would go about just grabbing different parts of the interface without recalling it with each individual piece I wanted, Thank you.

19 minutes ago, adamhackz said:

Ive gotten in the horrible habit of doing else return false just so I can visualize it returning false.
Trying to get over doing that.

I also appreciate this, this is incredibly helpful and to be honest I'm not suprised you were able to shorten it by so much.. I wasn't sure how I would go about just grabbing different parts of the interface without recalling it with each individual piece I wanted, Thank you.

Please don't tell me you still do:

private boolean plsNo;

if (plsNo == false)
		General.println("Why");

Just now, HeyImJamie said:

Please don't tell me you still do:

private boolean plsNo;

if (plsNo == false)
		General.println("Why");

No lol

Id do something like the following even though i know it has unnecessary code lol

private boolean plsNo;

if (!plsNo){

General.println("badcode");
else {

return true

11 hours ago, IceKontroI said:

/**
 */

}

Another thing to mention, just because you can one line it doesnt mean you should. Because you one lined it, it would often create a double check on if the shop item is avaliable in the script logic..

if(canBuyItem()) // checks if its avaliable

buy(); <-- checks again (pointless)

else

openShop();

People should cache booleans whenever possible. Not just to avoid null pointer exceptions and array index out of bounds exceptions, but to maximize effiency and lower cpu

15 hours ago, erickho123 said:

Another thing to mention, just because you can one line it doesnt mean you should. Because you one lined it, it would often create a double check on if the shop item is avaliable in the script logic..

if(canBuyItem()) // checks if its avaliable

buy(); <-- checks again (pointless)

else

openShop();

People should cache booleans whenever possible. Not just to avoid null pointer exceptions and array index out of bounds exceptions, but to maximize effiency and lower cpu

If your validation function is expensive and you call it multiple times unnecessarily, then this is true and you should improve your script structure.

But who makes their buy() function also validate when there is already a function dedicated to validation? That's just bad practice.