Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
biggusdyckus

Setting up Looking Glass

Recommended Posts

I plan to set-up looking glass later this afternoon when I get home from work. After going through the forums and reading through the guides to set up looking glass there seems be no definitive version of Java bit that would allow tribot to instantly hook into third party toolkit. If you are using Looking Glass can you please post which version of Java you're using. Thanks!

Guides I went through: 

 

edit: Does looking glass support break handler?

Edited by biggusdyckus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i fully recommend LG

I just use the most up to date JDK version of java.

LG is super simple to setup tbh, start up ur osrs client, click LG on the Tribot client and if u want break handler to work DO NOT maximize the osrs client again (dunno why but it cant log back on if you do :( )

LG can make ur computer run a bit slower so scripts like zulrah slayer can lag a bit, but if u have a decent computer it shouldnt be a problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, luck or skill said:

i fully recommend LG

I just use the most up to date JDK version of java.

LG is super simple to setup tbh, start up ur osrs client, click LG on the Tribot client and if u want break handler to work DO NOT maximize the osrs client again (dunno why but it cant log back on if you do :( )

LG can make ur computer run a bit slower so scripts like zulrah slayer can lag a bit, but if u have a decent computer it shouldnt be a problem.

Really? Which version of Java are you currently using and which bit version of osbuddy are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, luck or skill said:

i fully recommend LG

I just use the most up to date JDK version of java.

LG is super simple to setup tbh, start up ur osrs client, click LG on the Tribot client and if u want break handler to work DO NOT maximize the osrs client again (dunno why but it cant log back on if you do :( )

LG can make ur computer run a bit slower so scripts like zulrah slayer can lag a bit, but if u have a decent computer it shouldnt be a problem.

 

2 hours ago, biggusdyckus said:

Really? Which version of Java are you currently using and which bit version of osbuddy are you using?

It's not that easy, I installed the latest version and it didn't work.
I use 1.8.0_102 64bit with the osbuddy.exe 64bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bossbitch1 said:

i cant get it to work with any of these any clues on why ive tried everything

i even get the thing to allow it but it just doesnt work

Double check what Java version you're using in the dropbox box on the TRiBot loader.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i did ive tried 32 and 64 also ive done 102 for 32 bit and 112 for 64 bit both of them promt me to allow it and i do it says lookfor client for a few seconds and some stuff happens in the bar at the bottom then it says it cant find the client

Edited by bossbitch1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bossbitch1 said:

i did ive tried 32 and 64 also ive done 102 for 32 bit and 112 for 64 bit both of them promt me to allow it and i do it says lookfor client for a few seconds and some stuff happens in the bar at the bottom then it says it cant find the client

After doing a little research for setting up looking glass this exactly how i got mine to connect on the first try:

1) Uninstall and remove any trace of your current Java version from you computer using add or remove programs, afterwards restart your computer. 

2) Delete all .jar or applications that you would use to bot with such as tribot, osbot, or third party clients. 

3) I downloaded the LASTEST Java JDK from their website. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

the latest version is: 

Windows x64 206.51 MB   jdk-8u161-windows-x64.exe

4) Down rsbuddy .JAR not .exe which can be found here rsbuddy.com. Go to download and look for Cross-platform (Suitable for Windows 32-bit)  to download the .JAR. Drag to desktop. Download tribot client and just drag to desktop as well. 

5) Open up rsbuddy .jar sign in or do whatever is requirement to download and load the client. MINIMIZE rsbuddy client afterward, Then start tribot client. Remember to click on the start a new client with looking glass while rsbuddy is minimized. Note: I would double click on rsbuddy and instantly minimize it every time i want to bot. 

6) Notifications will ask you to allow firewall access, ALLOW them or else it won't work.

7) Hopefully, it hook onto rsbuddy then you can bot. 

That is how I got my looking glass to work on my first try.

Tips: 

NEVER MAXIMIZE RSBUDDY CLIENT AGAIN. WHEN YOU WANT TO BOT DOUBLE CLICK ON RSBUDDY AND THEN MINIMIZE it instantly and then start tribot client. Everything you want to do can be done on Tribot client so there is no reason for you to maximize rsbuddy. 

Note: Don't be surprise by the cpu usage because it's normal. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@biggusdyckus
Nice guide. I did that my first time and it didn't work so if someone is having troubles here's some stuff you can try.
turn off the tribot firewall in settings.
temporarily turn off windows firewall to see if thats the issue or add tribot to the firewall.
uninstall all java and use 1.8.0_102 64bit with osbuddy.exe 64bit
Download a program called jarfix and run that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

i'm having issues as well. I can't open the .jar file it says "could not create the java virtual machine" I already tried un-installing all java programs then re-installing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 3/6/2018 at 11:16 AM, biggusdyckus said:

After doing a little research for setting up looking glass this exactly how i got mine to connect on the first try:

1) Uninstall and remove any trace of your current Java version from you computer using add or remove programs, afterwards restart your computer. 

2) Delete all .jar or applications that you would use to bot with such as tribot, osbot, or third party clients. 

3) I downloaded the LASTEST Java JDK from their website. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

the latest version is: 

Windows x64 206.51 MB   jdk-8u161-windows-x64.exe

4) Down rsbuddy .JAR not .exe which can be found here rsbuddy.com. Go to download and look for Cross-platform (Suitable for Windows 32-bit)  to download the .JAR. Drag to desktop. Download tribot client and just drag to desktop as well. 

5) Open up rsbuddy .jar sign in or do whatever is requirement to download and load the client. MINIMIZE rsbuddy client afterward, Then start tribot client. Remember to click on the start a new client with looking glass while rsbuddy is minimized. Note: I would double click on rsbuddy and instantly minimize it every time i want to bot. 

6) Notifications will ask you to allow firewall access, ALLOW them or else it won't work.

7) Hopefully, it hook onto rsbuddy then you can bot. 

That is how I got my looking glass to work on my first try.

Tips: 

NEVER MAXIMIZE RSBUDDY CLIENT AGAIN. WHEN YOU WANT TO BOT DOUBLE CLICK ON RSBUDDY AND THEN MINIMIZE it instantly and then start tribot client. Everything you want to do can be done on Tribot client so there is no reason for you to maximize rsbuddy. 

Note: Don't be surprise by the cpu usage because it's normal. 

 

I downloaded the OSBuddy file in your link, but I cant open a jar file from it.. i just get OSBuddy.zip and i cant do anything with it; somebody please help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 12:16 PM, biggusdyckus said:

After doing a little research for setting up looking glass this exactly how i got mine to connect on the first try:

1) Uninstall and remove any trace of your current Java version from you computer using add or remove programs, afterwards restart your computer. 

2) Delete all .jar or applications that you would use to bot with such as tribot, osbot, or third party clients. 

3) I downloaded the LASTEST Java JDK from their website. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

the latest version is: 

Windows x64 206.51 MB   jdk-8u161-windows-x64.exe

4) Down rsbuddy .JAR not .exe which can be found here rsbuddy.com. Go to download and look for Cross-platform (Suitable for Windows 32-bit)  to download the .JAR. Drag to desktop. Download tribot client and just drag to desktop as well. 

5) Open up rsbuddy .jar sign in or do whatever is requirement to download and load the client. MINIMIZE rsbuddy client afterward, Then start tribot client. Remember to click on the start a new client with looking glass while rsbuddy is minimized. Note: I would double click on rsbuddy and instantly minimize it every time i want to bot. 

6) Notifications will ask you to allow firewall access, ALLOW them or else it won't work.

7) Hopefully, it hook onto rsbuddy then you can bot. 

That is how I got my looking glass to work on my first try.

Tips: 

NEVER MAXIMIZE RSBUDDY CLIENT AGAIN. WHEN YOU WANT TO BOT DOUBLE CLICK ON RSBUDDY AND THEN MINIMIZE it instantly and then start tribot client. Everything you want to do can be done on Tribot client so there is no reason for you to maximize rsbuddy. 

Note: Don't be surprise by the cpu usage because it's normal. 

 

MY DUDE YOUR AN HERO! I been trying get this shit to work for the past two days and simple thing as RUNNING OSBUDDY AS .JAR WORKED! Anyways thanks dawg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Our picks

    • To better support the upcoming changes (TRiBot X, new repository), we're switching our login handler to Auth0. Instead of logging in with the standard form, you'll now be required to login through our Auth0 application.

      All existing accounts which have been used within approximately the past year have been imported into Auth0 using the same email and password combination which has been stored on the forums.

      What does this mean for users?

      Your account credentials are now even more securely stored


      You'll be able to login via Facebook, Google, and others in the future


      Is there anything users have to do differently now?

      Existing users: You'll have to login with the standard login, open your Account Settings, then link your Auth0 account


      New users: You'll be redirected to our Auth0 app (auth.tribot.org) where you'll be able to create an account


      Why was this change made?

      The new apps we are creating (such as the new repository) aren't able to use the forums to handle user logins


      To centralize all user accounts in one area


      To ensure that the client login doesn't go down when the forums are having problems


      To speed up our development


      Other considerations

      There's no documentation or official support for using Invision Community combined with Auth0, so there are still a few kinks we're working out


      We're in the works of creating an account management panel specifically for Auth0 accounts (ETA August)


      It's not possible to change email addresses for the time being (this will be resolved this August)


      Changing passwords is a weird process for the time being. To change your password, you'll have to use the "Don't remember your password" tool on the Auth0 login page
        • Like
      • 8 replies
    • Over the past month, we've been working hard on TRiBot's new repository - a much needed update. This change has been deemed necessary for TRiBot X, and will allow us to really speed up development of all aspects of TRiBot.

      Today we are going to share what we've been working on!


      Now you must be wondering what kind of features the new repository will have.... well, you'll have to be patient for a little while longer. We're still figuring out various technical aspects so we can't provide answers to all possible questions. We're also focusing on development rather than writing about it so that everyone can get access to our latest developments at lightning speed. I will however answer a few users' questions.

      We're planning on a release of this early to mid August, giving users some goodies before TRiBot X's release.

      Thank you all for being patient. I hope everyone is excited as much as I am!
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • Over the past few months, I’ve been working diligently on a new project - TRiBot X. Everything has been written from the ground up, with all of the best practices of software engineering. Every aspect of TRiBot has been re-imagined to support three main goals: flexibility, useability, and reliability.
        • Like
      • 50 replies
    • Come give us feedback on the next version of TRiBot!
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 86 replies
    • TRiBot is looking to improve a lot of its customer relationship management, customer on boarding process, customer experience, design elements, community engagement and pretty much everything else you can imagine when it comes to marketing.

      Our goal: To ensure that the marketing done TRULY reflects the experience and does not shine an inaccurate light on what TRiBot is lacking in.

      So I ask, what do you love about TRiBot and what do you hate about TRiBot? What does O S Bot, Rune M8, PowR Bot and Dre amBot do better? (yes I purposely didn't spell it right 😂).

      Love, 

      RileyZ
        • Like
      • 26 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...