Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
1234oldschool

Accounts "stolen"

Recommended Posts

Everytime I finish an account on tutorial island and get to the main area, it logs me out and gives me the message "account locked as we have suspected its been stolen."

I don't use any script for tutorial island, I do it by hand. I also use different proxies for every single account that I make,

The other thing I can't figure out is I use proxies from the same place that my other accounts are currently botting on, and I have never had this problem.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and why the last three accounts with fresh, private, paid for proxies are getting flagged as stolen? 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 1234oldschool said:

Everytime I finish an account on tutorial island and get to the main area, it logs me out and gives me the message "account locked as we have suspected its been stolen."

 

Cause of the problem:

5 minutes ago, 1234oldschool said:

I also proxies for every single account that I make,

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

 

Cause of the problem:

 

can you explain to me why that would be a problem? Wouldn't it be the opposite, wouldn't they suspect my accounts have been stolen if there is 5 accounts being made on the same IP? How would they even know the accounts were connected if they're all on different IP's. That makes no sense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1234oldschool said:

can you explain to me why that would be a problem? Wouldn't it be the opposite, wouldn't they suspect my accounts have been stolen if there is 5 accounts being made on the same IP? How would they even know the accounts were connected if they're all on different IP's. That makes no sense...

As it has been said many times on the forums, finishing tutorial island from a proxy address will result in the account getting locked, regardless if it was completed by hand or with a script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

As it has been said many times on the forums, finishing tutorial island from a proxy address will result in the account getting locked, regardless if it was completed by hand or with a script.

This is confusing to me, as I've created over 25+ accounts using proxies right off of tutorial island, and these are the first 3 accounts that have been locked off tutorial island. In fact, it is the first accounts the I've ever had locked on suspicion of being "stolen."

How would I go about making accounts then if I don't use a proxy right off the bat? Are you suggesting that I use my home IP address until I complete tutorial island?

 

I guess what I'm asking is how to complete tutorial island without an account being locked, as well as not exposing my home IP address?

 

 

Edited by 1234oldschool
Edit: Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 1234oldschool said:

This is confusing to me, as I've created over 25+ accounts using proxies right off of tutorial island, and these are the first 3 accounts that have been locked off tutorial island. In fact, it is the first accounts the I've ever had locked on suspicion of being "stolen."

How would I go about making accounts then if I don't use a proxy right off the bat? Are you suggesting that I use my home IP address until I complete tutorial island?

 

I guess what I'm asking is how to complete tutorial island without an account being locked, as well as not exposing my home IP address?

 

 

You either:

-Get new proxies.

-Create multiple accounts on that proxy until one doesn't get locked.

-Unlock the accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

You either:

-Get new proxies.

-Create multiple accounts on that proxy until one doesn't get locked.

-Unlock the accounts.

When you say "get new proxies" are you saying get them from a different source? Because i tried three different proxies and they were all locked, which again, after 25+ proxies from the same place I was rather surprised.

I have unlocked 2 of the accounts so far, are they now at a bigger risk of getting locked again or banned? Will I have to do a recovery every single time I make a new account now?

I guess I just don't understand what just all of a sudden made them start thinking my accounts were being stolen, after so long of doing the exact same thing with no problems at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1234oldschool said:

When you say "get new proxies" are you saying get them from a different source? Because i tried three different proxies and they were all locked, which again, after 25+ proxies from the same place I was rather surprised.

I have unlocked 2 of the accounts so far, are they now at a bigger risk of getting locked again or banned? Will I have to do a recovery every single time I make a new account now?

I guess I just don't understand what just all of a sudden made them start thinking my accounts were being stolen, after so long of doing the exact same thing with no problems at all.

 

They flag datacenter IP's/etc that seem to be associated with bots. Your accounts will probably get locked more and more frequently the more accounts you have banned on an IP range/from a single location.

You either get them from a new location, or spend a few minutes to unlock each account. They don't care if you do it by hand. If you're a legit player creating a new account, you'll take the 2 minutes to unlock the account. In the far more likely event you're a bot farmer, that's a few minutes per account which can be a hassle/deterrent.

Thus far I've seen zero effect on bans when unlocking accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adventure_Time said:

They flag datacenter IP's/etc that seem to be associated with bots. Your accounts will probably get locked more and more frequently the more accounts you have banned on an IP range/from a single location.

You either get them from a new location, or spend a few minutes to unlock each account. They don't care if you do it by hand. If you're a legit player creating a new account, you'll take the 2 minutes to unlock the account. In the far more likely event you're a bot farmer, that's a few minutes per account which can be a hassle/deterrent.

Thus far I've seen zero effect on bans when unlocking accounts.

Okay that makes me feel better knowing that other people are having the same problem with needless locking of accounts. 

Does this happen for you? Like out of 10 accounts you would make how many would usually get locked on suspicion of people stolen?

Thanks for all the information btw really helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1234oldschool said:

Okay that makes me feel better knowing that other people are having the same problem with needless locking of accounts. 

Does this happen for you? Like out of 10 accounts you would make how many would usually get locked on suspicion of people stolen?

Thanks for all the information btw really helpful.

Happens to just about everyone using proxies/non residential IP's. All depends on where you get them/where they're located. It's pretty common though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

Happens to just about everyone using proxies/non residential IP's. All depends on where you get them/where they're located. It's pretty common though

Hey right on man thanks for all the info. I'm glad its common, it had me freaking out a bit because this is the first time its ever happened to me before after creating quite a few accounts over the past few years. 

Thanks again!

Edited by 1234oldschool
Edit: Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Our picks

    • This update will:

      Fix GE inventory item positioning bug


      Fix broken object hooks
        • Like
      • 23 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix some ClosedChannelException bug


      Fix bug in RSObject#getAllTiles


      Add game tab support for "Kourend Favour"
        • Like
      • 15 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix Settings UI placement bug


      Fix game object location bug


      Fix small layout bug making the client shift up and down


      Fix client crashing bug where loading the client with a small display area will cause the client to crash


      Fix annoying Linux bug relating to painting events and peers


      Fix settings saving bug where settings are saved to disk more often than they should


      Fix RSInterface#isBeingDrawn bug affecting a limited amount of people


      Drop Java 1.7 bytecode version for 1.8


      Important: Since the downloadable RS client uses Java 7, it will no longer be compatible with Looking Glass. To make up for this, we will add support for using other clients such as RuneLite (at a later date).


      This change was necessary to allow us to use Java 8 syntax. It also paves the way for Java 9/10/11 support.
        • Like
      • 40 replies
    • This update will:

      Fix the RSMenuNode bug which also fixes the bug with bank opening


      Fix the incorrect object positions bug


      Fix and re-enable the LG Objects API Accelerator


      Fix the RSObject#getAllTiles bug
        • Like
      • 22 replies
    • Try our development release by checking "Development Release" on the TRiBot Loader. Note that these new features are currently in beta.

      This release features:

      Re-sizable mode support for both LG and the regular client


      Slightly improved login bot


      Removed final access modifiers from API classes


      Added RSServer hook wrapper to get the client's cached list of server/world info


      [NEW] Bug fix for intelligent banking


      [NEW] Improvement to the stability of LG over time


      [NEW] Vastly improved the reliability and speed of Screen#getColorAt on both LG and the regular client


      [NEW] Fix LG login problems


      [NEW] Fixed re-sizable mode container bug


      [NEW] Fixed re-sizable mode mouse bug


      [NEW] Use of public constants in the Banking API


      [NEW] Use of other various constants such as Projection#NULL_PT and Screen#EMPTY_COLOR



      More features to come very soon!

      Please test it and let us know here if there are any new bugs introduced in this release.
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 12 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×