TRiLeZ

Select Script Payment Types are Being Discontinued

On 2/16/2018 at 9:29 PM, oilup said:

I feel cheated, almost offended by Tribot right now. This quote above seems to be the most logical comparison to these changes that I am able to find in this thread.

Regardless of who, or what this new change benefits, there is very clear lack of definition between TRiLeZ and the users who have purchased "lifetime" or "unlimited" scripts.

Members like myself who have purposely targeted scripts with a "lifetime auth" or "unlimited instances," in order to amass a large collection of usable scripts at any given time, are essentially being reneged of our lifetime scripts due to bot farmers taking advantage of an out of control system. I have not only spent years collecting these scripts, but hundreds of dollars on them as well. Is it truly fair to punish the majority of us to keep in check a small percentage of abusive users? No, it is not.

What exactly is fair? Is fair providing vague definition to purchasers and underwhelming income to script writers? Why was this blatantly obvious deficiency in a Runescape bot client not put in check long before it became at problem? It is simply baffling to think that such an intelligent person can overlook an apparent shortcoming. You simply cannot reply that you didn't foresee it because anything offering "unlimted" or "lifetime" of ANYTHING eventually collapses upon itself resulting in catastrophic failure. Heck, you could have at least included fine print on the repository stating that pricing, purchases & authorization time may change at a later date without notice!

Purchasers should always understood what they are buying, but you neglected to include these possible changes anywhere in the Respository. Just like this change will eventually neglect small users who have purchased lifetime scripts, @TRiLeZ was comfortable neglecting information regarding purchases on the most vital pages, the info page for each script. Personally, I didn't purchase those lifetime or unlimited auth scripts in order to abuse them. I also didn't purchase them with the knowledge they can be taken away at a later date.

How is it reasonable or wise to exclude a core group of users that continue to support this website? Either find a way to tax script abuse akin to taxing corporations with large incomes, or you lose the trust of the majority of the user base here. Even if it's something as simple as 1 instance per auth, taking away "lifetime" scripts is truly criminal towards past purchasers, regardless who benefits.

Truthfully I see this change as blatant disrespect towards a majority of the users here. Especially considering this line:

How can you actually post such nonsense when small time users like myself, who have always targeted unlimited auth scripts, will have to invest more money overall on a monthly basis in order to appropriate the amount of scripts we currently have access to?

To the script writers: I agree you deserve more money and work too hard, but I don't think targeting small users under the guise of preventing cheap bot farms is the answer. I think for something of this magnitude to finally be a topic, @TRiLeZ has made heavy oversights into his business. If this change is implemented as posted, I feel as though Tribot will devolve into it's predecessor bots and fade away to competition that offers what Tribot will now lack.

I sincerely hope there is a middle ground to be explored on this subject, because I know there is one.
/endrant

This...

I bought the lifetime auth because I bot once in awhile not everyday often don't bot for weeks... LIFE GETS BUSY... so if this option is being taken away there is no point in investing monthly to bot on personal accounts once in awhile..

I believe that there should be 1 instance per auth for lifetime scripts... or at least the option for a refund on scripts because I bought it with the knowledge of being able to bot whenever I felt like it. Unfair that its being taken away without any option for a refund and the only compensation is more run time which is useless (not the reason i bought the script).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Force___ said:

This...

I bought the lifetime auth because I bot once in awhile not everyday often don't bot for weeks... LIFE GETS BUSY... so if this option is being taken away there is no point in investing monthly to bot on personal accounts once in awhile..

I believe that there should be 1 instance per auth for lifetime scripts... or at least the option for a refund on scripts because I bought it with the knowledge of being able to bot whenever I felt like it. Unfair that its being taken away without any option for a refund and the only compensation is more run time which is useless (not the reason i bought the script).

Most scripts have 2 week subscription options specifically for your needs.

If you are busy for a month, try not buying the script for that month. 

I wish we could help you out, but we can't offer you unlimited time on the basis that you'll barely use it. That doesn't make sense, because people are going to abuse that.

2 hours ago, Force___ said:

This...

You have been granted an additional 6 months of usage for your previous life-time purchases (or 12 months if they occurred in the last 6 months). This compensation is more than enough.

Considering that lifetime refers to the lifetime of the script, the author can discontinue the script at any time without any warning. If that happened, everyone would lose their "lifetime" auths and no one would complain. I don't understand why now it's a different situation.

The new system promotes competition among script writers, which over time, will naturally lead to higher quality scripts for the users. It's a simple principle of economics.

I understand that no one really likes to hear that their already paid script will not be available for free after 6 months, but, as many users explained on this thread, this update will drastically improve the quality of the repository, which in my opinion is the best thing that can happen for everyone.

Any discussion beyond this point is redundant.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 12:58 PM, Einstein said:

Considering that lifetime refers to the lifetime of the script, the author can discontinue the script at any time without any warning. If that happened, everyone would lose their "lifetime" auths and no one would complain. I don't understand why now it's a different situation.

I disagree. If every script writer up and abandoned their lifetime scripts indefinitely, there would be endless complaints, followed by a mass abandonment of the client itself. What follows mass abandonment? Death of the client & website.

If you think it's a different situation than what I've quoted: it really isn't. Complaints don't dictate the reactions that users have to something going away. Only a small vocal minority will ever complain on a website like this because users feel powerless to changes such as this. An abandonment of some amount will still take place before there is a resurgence in the community. It will be some time before the scripts offered become higher quality than they were.

But if anyone blatantly markets something as "unlimited" or "lifetime" but they FAIL TO MENTION ON THE SALES PAGE that the definition of the duration of said sale is different than the literal definition. Well that depicts severe neglect towards the users AND the script writers who suffer because of this lack of simple verbiage.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:58 PM, Einstein said:

Any discussion beyond this point is redundant.

How can someone named "Einstein" possibly say something so naive? This is very insulting to anyone who has posted here. If the Admins didn't want a discussion, they would have closed the thread.
I don't think it's redundant to highlight that my post has been ignored due to the small detail I've mentioned previously, but also a second time just so you can understand where users like me are coming from. If you can't understand still, then hopefully mentioning this issue a third time in more detail makes it clearer.

We aren't only upset that our scripts are being taken away. We're also upset about how uninformative & intentionally neglectful the repository is for each script purchased. If there was a "lifetime" option offered for a script: there absolutely should have been SOME warning SOMEWHERE on the purchase page that "lifetime" definition by Tribot is DIFFERENT than the literal definition that users may mistakenly interpret as the same meaning. It is a deplorable and despicable business tactic to refuse such vital information on a sales page.

If you find this redundant: good. Maybe someone will recognize the injustice that has been served to a majority of the community here.

At this point I'm no longer ranting about losing my scripts. It is purely the fact that NOT A SINGLE ADMIN seems to recognize what I've said about including additional verbiage on the individual script sales page. That is quite telling to me, as a consumer, about how this website views their users and script writers.

Edited by oilup
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Acidtripz said:
  • Those non-private script sales which have occurred previous to the past 6 months will automatically get converted to 6-month instances. The running instance count will remain the same as to what was purchased.

Yeah misread it. That's stupid, I'd rather it be converted to like 2-5 instances or something instead of 6 months of usage.

Edited by Duhstin
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2018 at 7:58 PM, Einstein said:

The new system promotes competition among script writers, which over time, will naturally lead to higher quality scripts for the users. It's a simple principle of economics.

I understand that no one really likes to hear that their already paid script will not be available for free after 6 months, but, as many users explained on this thread, this update will drastically improve the quality of the repository, which in my opinion is the best thing that can happen for everyone.

In the last year, there were only like 3 premium scripts release (and at least the same amount got discontinued or still up for sale without functioning properly), the client got zero functional updates besides the bug fixes after the weekly rs updates. We did not see any competition that everyone mentions just lack of interest from both developers  and scripters side -there are a few exception ofc, this is my feeling in general. I don't see that punishing old loyal customers will solve this, but we will see in 6 months. I hope you will be right and this update will make Tribot as great again as it was 1-2 years ago.

1 hour ago, xfish said:

In the last year, there were only like 3 premium scripts release (and at least the same amount got discontinued or still up for sale without functioning properly), the client got zero functional updates besides the bug fixes after the weekly rs updates. We did not see any competition that everyone mentions just lack of interest from both developers  and scripters side -there are a few exception ofc, this is my feeling in general. I don't see that punishing old loyal customers will solve this, but we will see in 6 months. I hope you will be right and this update will make Tribot as great again as it was 1-2 years ago.

Everything else aside, how is this new system "punishing loyal customers" the "loyal customers" you're referring too are people who own lifetime auths from many years ago and only pay $8/month while they making a large sum more than that per month. The new system is having gold farmers who profit greatly from TRiBot to pay a fraction more for the services. Sorry but you're just being selfish, and I am a gold farmer and even before I wrote my own scripts, I would think about how I only paid a small amount per month to profit a ton.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, godspower33 said:

Sorry but you're just being selfish,

Of course I am and tbh I do not really feel bad about it, this is how markets work. If you felt bad about this as a botter you could have donate - the option was always there.

Im a customer, running a "business" and looking for the best possible deal. If I go to shopping and buy a pair of nice sunglasses on 50% discount I do not feel bad about the shop because they only make half of the profit on my purchase compared to other sellers. I like to shop in that store. somewhat loyal to them but if others sell the same quality for better price I go there. With the new change, Tribots prices will be on par with competition for botters running 1-2 bots, but could easily be like 20-100 times more expensive for gold farmers.

You are expecting more revenue flow from them and assume that the farmers will stay and pay significantly more after lifetimes disappears - In my case it would be 100-150 times more per month at current prices after the 6 months grace period - but to get there Tribot needs to be far ahead of competitors to justify that price tag - as it was when I started botting, but not sure if it is still the case. 

I hope I will change my opinion after the 6 month period and the promised development, updates, competition etc. will brings us to the new botting wonderland, time will tell.

6 hours ago, xfish said:

Of course I am and tbh I do not really feel bad about it, this is how markets work. If you felt bad about this as a botter you could have donate - the option was always there.

Im a customer, running a "business" and looking for the best possible deal. If I go to shopping and buy a pair of nice sunglasses on 50% discount I do not feel bad about the shop because they only make half of the profit on my purchase compared to other sellers. I like to shop in that store. somewhat loyal to them but if others sell the same quality for better price I go there. With the new change, Tribots prices will be on par with competition for botters running 1-2 bots, but could easily be like 20-100 times more expensive for gold farmers.

You are expecting more revenue flow from them and assume that the farmers will stay and pay significantly more after lifetimes disappears - In my case it would be 100-150 times more per month at current prices after the 6 months grace period - but to get there Tribot needs to be far ahead of competitors to justify that price tag - as it was when I started botting, but not sure if it is still the case. 

I hope I will change my opinion after the 6 month period and the promised development, updates, competition etc. will brings us to the new botting wonderland, time will tell.

Your analogy is bad because you don't make a living off a pair of sun glasses you purchase that are on sale. Gold farming for example, some people make up to $10k/month or more depending on who it is. Paying an extra $200-300/month or something is extremely negligible.

1 hour ago, godspower33 said:

Your analogy is bad because you don't make a living off a pair of sun glasses you purchase that are on sale. Gold farming for example, some people make up to $10k/month or more depending on who it is. Paying an extra $200-300/month or something is extremely negligible.

I tought you will understand that the point was the other shop not the sunglasses. If more company sell the same product and the price difference cant be justified by the the quality of the product then the customers will buy the cheaper and wont throw in extra 2-300usd regardless they earn 500 or 10000/month when they can buy basically the same product on the market for 15 usd.

3 hours ago, xfish said:

I tought you will understand that the point was the other shop not the sunglasses. If more company sell the same product and the price difference cant be justified by the the quality of the product then the customers will buy the cheaper and wont throw in extra 2-300usd regardless they earn 500 or 10000/month when they can buy basically the same product on the market for 15 usd.

If you want to leave, leave. The previous model was unsustainable as many scripters had sold lifetime unlimited versions of scripts 3-5 years ago. I sold my first lifetime unlimited auth for CombatAIO when I was 16 years, 5 years ago. I continue to support every single user that ever purchased that option, but it starts to become unsustainable as the botting market shrinks and new revenues are limited by previous lifetime sales on the scripter side, and VIP isn't enough to cover costs to run Tribot on the company side. 

The previous allowable payment options created a push to the bottom in pricing and to the max in auth count and subscription length. That's simple capitalism, and was expected. By Trilez setting minimums and maximums on what we can sell, we can price things more reasonably, stirring more scripter interest in development of both current scripts with update, or new scripts under which decent profit can be found. The argument that the pricing will now become too expensive for goldfarmers, I find that hard to believe. Every single scripter will be more than willing to create pricing options that work for the scripter, the goldfarmer, and Tribot. Your cost may double, triple, or even more. In the case of Encoded's fisher, I would expect his highest paying user to end up paying 50-60x what they have paid in the past but they will still make an extreme profit based on the number of accounts they run. This is the exception, not the rule and I do not expect the average Tribot user is running more than 1-5 accounts a time, and those plans are likely to be unchanged, and the average goldfarmer is probably running 25-50 accounts and will likely pay 2-3x what they have in the past. Encoded's highest end user was running near 1,000 accounts after spending $8 a month on VIP and $20 2 years ago for lifetime unlimited.

Edited by Assume
  • Like 2
  • thonking 1

I purchased my script for a LIFETIME. That is the main reason why I purchased scripts. Sure, you can't offer lifetime memberships anymore. But to take away my contract because of "mass botters" is a little much. Why can't you just limit the number of instances or have people pay for more instances. SOMETHING else that doesn't strip me of my lifetime contract. If the problem is too many people abusing the unlimited instances, let's limit them!

I would rather have to pay for more instances per month than have to lost my lifetime contract.

For example, all old unlimited scripts will be limited to 1 instance. You can pay a fee to add another instance per month.

Tribot is my home, I spent plenty of money on here because it's affordable.

Just please, don't take away lifetime scripts. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, iPromsie said:

I purchased my script for a LIFETIME. That is the main reason why I purchased scripts. Sure, you can't offer lifetime memberships anymore. But to take away my contract because of "mass botters" is a little much. Why can't you just limit the number of instances or have people pay for more instances. SOMETHING else that doesn't strip me of my lifetime contract. If the problem is too many people abusing the unlimited instances, let's limit them!

I would rather have to pay for more instances per month than have to lost my lifetime contract.

For example, all old unlimited scripts will be limited to 1 instance. You can pay a fee to add another instance per month.

Tribot is my home, I spent plenty of money on here because it's affordable.

Just please, don't take away lifetime scripts. 

A quick read of the thread says lifetime means script lifetime, not yours

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Netami said:

They were extended 6 months from the announcement after which time they will no longer be active auths

I understand that. Okay.

But again, I don't understand why there can't be an alternative answer to the problem. 

Like I mentioned in my first post. Turn off the unlimited instances  (so people can't log in to hundreds of runescape accounts under one script), set it to a maximum of 1, then add an option to increase the amount of instances for a fee, monthly or what ever. So if I want to have 2 accounts going at once per script, I would have to pay 5 dollars or something of that sort to add an instance.

That way if someone does decide to use hundreds accounts for one tribot login, they will have to pay accordingly. This will hopefully give more leverage to tribot because of all the bot farmers. 

Edited by iPromsie
Edit 1: Changed "are" from "is" // Edit 2: Added clarity for paying to have more than 1 instance

On 5/26/2018 at 2:58 PM, iPromsie said:

I understand that. Okay.

But again, I don't understand why there can't be an alternative answer to the problem. 

Like I mentioned in my first post. Turn off the unlimited instances  (so people can't log in to hundreds of runescape accounts under one script), set it to a maximum of 1, then add an option to increase the amount of instances for a fee, monthly or what ever. So if I want to have 2 accounts going at once per script, I would have to pay 5 dollars or something of that sort to add an instance.

That way if someone does decide to use hundreds accounts for one tribot login, they will have to pay accordingly. This will hopefully give more leverage to tribot because of all the bot farmers. 

Many scripts purchased years ago are vastly different from what they are today, comparing the underlying codebase. if you were to try running what you had originally purchased, it wouldn't work. A lot of time is required to maintain the script, to keep adding requested features, and to provide customer support. Without the change in payment model, script writers were essentially losing money maintaining their scripts. We were seeing many script writers leaving TRiBot to focus on their jobs outside of the RS cheating scene.

Now with this change, script writers have a reason to stay. A reason to keep maintaining their scripts, adding requested features, and providing customer support. I think everyone would agree that a working script with good support is better than a non-working script with no support, which would soon be removed from the repository.

Gold farmers were only one of the reasons for the changed payment model, and a very small one. Fixing the problem with gold farmers abusing the client would not have fixed the issues I just mentioned above.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1