TRiLeZ

Select Script Payment Types are Being Discontinued

32 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

It doesn't happen to me personally, but I know a lot of people have to buy credits with OSGP because their payment method (whichever one they were using) gets marked as potentially fraudulent and prevents them from buying.

Someone who's actually had the issue might know better than I however.

Yeah I know it's a rough feeling getting marked as fraudulent. But we have to dial up the security because their are a lot of fraudulent users in this related community. RSGP is a great alternative however for users marked as such, ETH would be another great alternative.

The update and removal or Lifetime / Unlimited Auths, in my opinion, will bring scripters back and actually push updates. Lifetime is never a good business model especially when large updates happen within Runescape and scripts have to be re-written / re-worked people expect for 15 dollars  - 4 years later the script will work flawless... The creation of a subscription base setup will allow for more innovation and updates to be continued or people won't re-purchase the scripts easy as that.

Can I offer one suggestion the possibility for scripter packages? e.g. use all scripts created by a specific scripter for a certain monthly price.. Encoded's auto fisher / wintertodt / auto tithe farm for 25 per month or something like that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dodo1 said:

Can I offer one suggestion the possibility for scripter packages? e.g. use all scripts created by a specific scripter for a certain monthly price.. Encoded's auto fisher / wintertodt / auto tithe farm for 25 per month or something like that?

I think this is possible. A scripter could simply bundle their scripts into a single script and sell it as a separate product. 

As far as I know, there are no rules against that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, wastedbro said:

I think this is possible. A scripter could simply bundle their scripts into a single script and sell it as a separate product. 

As far as I know, there are no rules against that.

Not feasible due to the weeks/months of unknown waiting for premium script approval.

It's a nice idea of something that could be implemented in a new repository design.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dodo1 said:

The update and removal or Lifetime / Unlimited Auths, in my opinion, will bring scripters back and actually push updates. Lifetime is never a good business model especially when large updates happen within Runescape and scripts have to be re-written / re-worked people expect for 15 dollars  - 4 years later the script will work flawless... The creation of a subscription base setup will allow for more innovation and updates to be continued or people won't re-purchase the scripts easy as that.

We aren't going to force scripters to bundle their scripts like this.

1 hour ago, Worthy said:

Not feasible due to the weeks/months of unknown waiting for premium script approval.

It's a nice idea of something that could be implemented in a new repository design.

41 minutes ago, Todd said:

We aren't going to force scripters to bundle their scripts like this.

If a scripter puts the functionality of all their scripts into a separate script and submitted it as a premium script, would that be approved?

Or would it be considered an external script loader and be denied?

On 2/15/2018 at 1:25 AM, xfish said:

There was an investor (Ron Wayne) who sold his 10% share in Apple for USD 800 in 1976. Both him and the buyer agreed that it was fair price at that moment. Now that pack of stocks worth billions, it still does not mean that the buyer shall forfeit the deal, give back the stocks for free and then repurchase them from Wayne at the current market price.

I feel cheated, almost offended by Tribot right now. This quote above seems to be the most logical comparison to these changes that I am able to find in this thread.

Regardless of who, or what this new change benefits, there is very clear lack of definition between TRiLeZ and the users who have purchased "lifetime" or "unlimited" scripts.

Members like myself who have purposely targeted scripts with a "lifetime auth" or "unlimited instances," in order to amass a large collection of usable scripts at any given time, are essentially being reneged of our lifetime scripts due to bot farmers taking advantage of an out of control system. I have not only spent years collecting these scripts, but hundreds of dollars on them as well. Is it truly fair to punish the majority of us to keep in check a small percentage of abusive users? No, it is not.

What exactly is fair? Is fair providing vague definition to purchasers and underwhelming income to script writers? Why was this blatantly obvious deficiency in a Runescape bot client not put in check long before it became at problem? It is simply baffling to think that such an intelligent person can overlook an apparent shortcoming. You simply cannot reply that you didn't foresee it because anything offering "unlimted" or "lifetime" of ANYTHING eventually collapses upon itself resulting in catastrophic failure. Heck, you could have at least included fine print on the repository stating that pricing, purchases & authorization time may change at a later date without notice!

Purchasers should always understood what they are buying, but you neglected to include these possible changes anywhere in the Respository. Just like this change will eventually neglect small users who have purchased lifetime scripts, @TRiLeZ was comfortable neglecting information regarding purchases on the most vital pages, the info page for each script. Personally, I didn't purchase those lifetime or unlimited auth scripts in order to abuse them. I also didn't purchase them with the knowledge they can be taken away at a later date.

How is it reasonable or wise to exclude a core group of users that continue to support this website? Either find a way to tax script abuse akin to taxing corporations with large incomes, or you lose the trust of the majority of the user base here. Even if it's something as simple as 1 instance per auth, taking away "lifetime" scripts is truly criminal towards past purchasers, regardless who benefits.

Truthfully I see this change as blatant disrespect towards a majority of the users here. Especially considering this line:

Script prices are expected to decline for users whom only run one or two instances while increase for bot farmers running 10+ accounts. Since the former represents most of our customer base, these new prices will be more fair overall for users.

How can you actually post such nonsense when small time users like myself, who have always targeted unlimited auth scripts, will have to invest more money overall on a monthly basis in order to appropriate the amount of scripts we currently have access to?

To the script writers: I agree you deserve more money and work too hard, but I don't think targeting small users under the guise of preventing cheap bot farms is the answer. I think for something of this magnitude to finally be a topic, @TRiLeZ has made heavy oversights into his business. If this change is implemented as posted, I feel as though Tribot will devolve into it's predecessor bots and fade away to competition that offers what Tribot will now lack.

I sincerely hope there is a middle ground to be explored on this subject, because I know there is one.
/endrant

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, oilup said:

How can you actually post such nonsense when small time users like myself, who have always targeted unlimited auth scripts, will have to invest more money overall on a monthly basis in order to appropriate the amount of scripts we currently have access to?

He's saying that the new changes will allow us, as scripters, to better differentiate prices between goldfarmers and small-time users.

This means that since goldfarmers will be paying us more, small-time users will naturally get lower prices. If you're a small time user, you don't need unlimited auths.

For example, I may charge $7/mo for 15 instances. But if you're a small time user, and just need the script for your main, I'll have the option for $10/6 months for 1 instance. 

This has 4 distinct benefits:

• Small time users get a cheap, long-term script
  • Goldfarmers get discount bulk prices, but still pay more as their farm grows
  • The scripter gets more revenue from those who can support it, encouraging more activity
  • The customers gain distinct protections. They are fully covered for support for the entire duration of their subscription. This was previously impossible with lifetime.
    • This also ensures you will never risk losing money if the script gets removed.

This is the exact model I use with my premium script.

Yes, small time users might lose the comfort of lifetime support, but that was simple not feasible. And we hope that the protection offered from set subscription times will make up for that fact. We, as a community, feel bad when a scripter gives up on a script and lifetime users just have to suck it up. This is no longer going to happen.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I truly hope you (and other hurt users) give this change a chance and allow us just a little time to make things better for everyone. 

Edited by wastedbro
  • Haha 1

I know that earlier it was acknowledged that private scripts would be revisited but I hope to hear something about it soon.

I have paid a lot of money investing in custom scripts and as all others we've paid the private script fees which provided revenue towards the site. 

We have supported tribot paying this fee. sixth months on my private script auths is disappointing. It's simply not enough time when these scripts become so costly. 

2 minutes ago, Aroxez said:

I know that earlier it was acknowledged that private scripts would be revisited but I hope to hear something about it soon.

I have paid a lot of money investing in custom scripts and as all others we've paid the private script fees which provided revenue towards the site. 

We have supported tribot paying this fee. sixth months on my private script auths is disappointing. It's simply not enough time when these scripts become so costly. 

Private scripts are currently still lifetime, just limited to 100 instances.

10 hours ago, Acidtripz said:

I've purchased quite a lot of lifetime scripts and I don't goldfarm. I only use Tribot a few times a year and each of those times are just a few days each, I can't afford to be buying scripts every few months it just wouldn't be worth it for how little I use Tribot. This isn't right. Please reconsider.

Try going to the repository, setting the sorting to "Price (L-H)" and set the Price to "Premium." There are many scripts less than $4 for either a two week duration, or a month. If you only bot for a few days, you only have to purchase scripts for just the duration in which you're using them. You could also use trials for premium scripts without paying anything. This approach beats paying $15 per "lifetime" script which could possibly become out-dated within a year's time.

On 2/15/2018 at 6:54 PM, Todd said:

Like I said we are sorry about the retroactive change, however we believe the compensation (1 year) is more than enough to benefit all users. Lifetime is a BAD policy that hurts both users and scriptwriters. There is not a guarantee we can enforce on lifetime auths. Like I said above, lifetime could be 3 days. Trust me, a 6 month option is much better when you are planning your bot farm. Other changes are coming soon, such as the ability and enforcement of pausing auths on scripts that become broken. These are all coming with the new repository announced in the first post of this thread.

You say that's your only issue so that's all I'm gonna reply to. I believe I've covered your other responses in my other replies.

A couple of things...

1) There has been an unwritten and ENFORCED rule that if you sell a 'lifetime' script, you must provide support for at least 6 months.

2) It seems the reason for this change is to target gold farmers. Then why the hell are you revoking my 1-instance lifetime Agility script? I purchased this because botting 1-99 agility takes over 250 hours (assuming you always get 50k + xp/hr which you don't). To keep it safe for my main account I have to bot it slowly over a long period of time (>1 year). 

Why not just cap the lifetime auth count per script? So if it really is big botters that are a problem, change the max auth count to 3 or 5 for lifetime purchases.So if they want to run 100 bots at a time, they have to buy 20 copies of the script... I think you can see the general consensus from users is that this is a shitty change for us, even if you are updating our subs for 1 year.

Edited by Negos
  • Like 8

-To start off, I've put more than $200+  and almost 5 years into TRIBOT. This is a place I'd call home, but this amendment to lifetime purchases is atrocious. You can seriously do a better job at keeping the lifetime auth's for people like me---who bot on only 1 or 2 accs at a time--- because 6 months to a year's access is absolute trash. LIMIT THE INSTANCES. NOT THE TIME. People should have access to lifetime auths for 1 account! I shouldn't have to buy private scripts to bot on a single account for an unlimited amount of time, especially when I'm already paying for VIP-Extended each month! This would be understandable if I had a 50+ fleet of minature bob's running around 24/7, but I'm a one-man Roo army over here. 

-Most of the scripters who have lifetime auths available are limited to 1 instance at a time anyways, and the scripters that do/did most likely had their scripts priced that way to compete with other scripters AT THE TIME. There is LITTLE TO ZERO COMPETITION AMONG SCRIPTERS NOW, so the few that are still left are free to set their prices to their personal likings without running into the previous problems of selling CHEAP, LIFETIME AUTHS WITH UNLIMITED INSTANCES. 

-As a business, I completely understand the implementation of these actions, but for the small time consumer like me, I'm getting completely fucked. I'll be spending 25$ a month to maintain 1-2 skilled accounts because I bot 10+ skills a month at a max of 5 hours a day to avoid bot detection. To get the stats that I want, I have to bot over an extremely long period of time and make sure to switch activities multiple times a day. Buying monthly subscriptions is ludicrous for me. Simply put, I'll most likely be going elsewhere after this 6 month period and most likely will be seriously considering quitting OSRS altogether. I don't play this game to make $, I play it for the nostalgia. How much is nostalgia worth to me? I guess we'll find out. 

******You need to GRANDFATHER LIFETIME PURCHASES and make an amendment to LIMIT ACCOUNTS TO 1 INSTANCE!!!!!

Edited by MrRoo
typo
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, MrRoo said:

-To start off, I've put more than $200+  and more than 4 years into TRIBOT. This is a place I'd call home, but this amendment to lifetime purchases is atrocious. You can seriously do a better job at keeping the lifetime auth's for people like me---who bot on only 1 or 2 accs at a time--- because 6 months to a year's access is absolute trash. LIMIT THE INSTANCES. NOT THE TIME. People should have access to lifetime auths for 1 account! I shouldn't have to buy private scripts to bot on a single account for an unlimited amount of time! This would be understandable if I had a 50+ fleet of minature bob's running around 24/7, but I'm a one-man Roo army over here. 

-Most of the scripters who have lifetime auths available are limited to 1 instance at a time anyways, and the scripters that do/did most likely had their scripts priced that way to compete with other scripters AT THE TIME. There is LITTLE TO ZERO COMPETITION AMONG SCRIPTERS NOW, so the few that are still left are free to set their prices to their personal likings without running into the previous problems of selling CHEAP, LIFETIME AUTHS WITH UNLIMITED INSTANCES. 

-As a business, I completely understand the implementation of these actions, but for the small time consumer like me, I'm getting completely fucked. I'll be spending 25$ a month to maintain 1-2 skilled accounts because I bot 10+ skills a month at max of 5 hours a day to avoid bot detection. To get the stats that I want, I have to bot over an extremely long period of time and make sure to switch activities multiple times a day. Buying monthly subscriptions is ludicrous for me. Simply put, I'll most likely be going elsewhere after this 6 month period and most likely will be seriously considering quitting OSRS altogether. I don't play this game to make $, I play it for the nostalgia. How much is nostalgia worth to me? I guess we'll find out. 

******You need to GRANDFATHER LIFETIME PURCHASES and make an amendment to LIMIT ACCOUNTS TO 1 INSTANCE!!!!!

If you feel the need to use a bunch of different premium scripts for small-time use, that's not really something we are responsible for. That's your decision.

I bot my non-goldfarming accounts mostly with free scripts, and I'm a premium scripter. Most of the scripts I use are free. I don't pay anything or even code anything. For some of the higher banrate methods, I do prefer private or premium. But that's the just my personal risk preferences.

I'm very sorry you have expensive preferences. Our system is not based around ensuring everyone can accomplish their desires at a fair price. It's more about offering a quality product (we're trying to improve that), while simultaneously compensating our content providers at an acceptable level so that we maintain top-tier talent. 

To put this in some kind of perspective, your request sounds similar (to me), to asking a hardware store to lower the prices on their chainsaws because you like using them to cut through cardboard.

I apologize if this is a misrepresentation of your feedback, but to put it simply, you should just stick to free scripts for your purposes, with occasional premium purchases for your more active times. I don't know. You might be able to find certain premium scripts for cheaper elsewhere, but I've personally found that our free scripts are often just as good, if not better, and sometimes even with fewer users. 

Edited by wastedbro

23 hours ago, wastedbro said:

I apologize if this is a misrepresentation of your feedback, but to put it simply, you should just stick to free scripts for your purposes, with occasional premium purchases for your more active times. I don't know. You might be able to find certain premium scripts for cheaper elsewhere, but I've personally found that our free scripts are often just as good, if not better, and sometimes even with fewer users. 

One thing I'd say is that free scripts (namely those written by premium script-writers) should be better maintained, as they do their premium scripts(hell, some struggle to maintain even those). All too often I see a perfectly good free script that breaks due to a slight interface change or something similar, and a myriad of posters plead for a fix that would take all of 5 minutes. It's not an issue of inactivity, it's just a lack of caring. Why spend 5 minutes updating a free script that won't monetarily benefit them in some way?

Personally, I feel like it should be part of the premium script writer's duty to maintain at least a single free-to-VIP script. A single script per scriptwriter that they maintain and keep functional for the community, even if it required VIP+E to have access.

I just don't think the free/open source scripts used to apply for script writer rank should be used only as proof of competence. Compared to competitors, tribot has a problem with maintaining the repository/making it clear to users what is/isn't functional. If your end user needs to research 10 scripts on the repository to find the  'functional' one, the repository isn't useful.

Users have to find scripts not using the repository, but the forums. They have to click on each thread, and find the functional script out of the many there, and then go back to the repository to add it. It's very cumbersome and defeats the point of the repository, because at that point it would be easier to embed that functionality into the script thread than even have a repository.

TL;DR

-Repository needs to be cleaned up. It's not hard, and it's only so time consuming now because it was ignored for years.

-Script writers should maintain at least a single script from the ones they applied with, because the avg quality of free scripts is far too low, and having them as a guideline for aspiring script writers would be beneficial.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adventure_Time said:

One thing I'd say is that free scripts (namely those written by premium script-writers) should be better maintained, as they do their premium scripts(hell, some struggle to maintain even those). All too often I see a perfectly good free script that breaks due to a slight interface change or something similar, and a myriad of posters plead for a fix that would take all of 5 minutes. It's not an issue of inactivity, it's just a lack of caring. Why spend 5 minutes updating a free script that won't monetarily benefit them in some way?

Personally, I feel like it should be part of the premium script writer's duty to maintain at least a single free-to-VIP script. A single script per scriptwriter that they maintain and keep functional for the community, even if it required VIP+E to have access.

I just don't think the free/open source scripts used to apply for script writer rank should be used only as proof of competence. Compared to competitors, tribot has a problem with maintaining the repository/making it clear to users what is/isn't functional. If your end user needs to research 10 scripts on the repository to find the  'functional' one, the repository isn't useful.

Users have to find scripts not using the repository, but the forums. They have to click on each thread, and find the functional script out of the many there, and then go back to the repository to add it. It's very cumbersome and defeats the point of the repository, because at that point it would be easier to embed that functionality into the script thread than even have a repository.

TL;DR

-Repository needs to be cleaned up. It's not hard, and it's only so time consuming now because it was ignored for years.

-Script writers should maintain at least a single script from the ones they applied with, because the avg quality of free scripts is far too low, and having them as a guideline for aspiring script writers would be beneficial.

We are aware of both of these problems and the mods and admins have been taking steps to solve them both.

42 minutes ago, adamhackz said:

"Have you ever thought about adding a 1 instance limit to lifetime auths"

"no, and by the way you dont want to do that either, you think you do, but you dont"

If what I wanted was the same as what's best for me, my food would taste a hell of a lot better.