Jump to content
TRiLeZ

Select Script Payment Types are Being Discontinued

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, adamhackz said:

Its REALLY disappointing to see lifetime auths go.

A better solution that actually seems fair is put lifetime auths limited to 1-3 instances, it stops the script from being catered to goldfarmers and letting them make ungodly amounts of money with such a small investment to start with.

 

The only reason Ive purchased any scripts is because they were lifetime auths.

Auto Fisher Pro Encoded 1 3
aMiner v2 [PREMIUM] Aropupu 1 3
JJ's AIO Fighter Pro J J 1 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aAgility v2 Aropupu Unlimited 1
Master Thiever AIO Druid Unlimited 1000

 

( id be 100% fine if the instances were lowered for the two with unlimited auths that ive purchased and instances per auth

I'm pretty sure the majority of people who bot either do it on less than five accounts, or run farms.

I have no problem supporting the devs and paying them for their work and I know that scripts no longer offer lifetimes auths, but I completely disagree with removing old auths that were supposed to be lifetime.

Adding more instances is understandable if the staff feels that gold farmers are making too much money with such a little deposit, but if you look at almost any other business they keep people who bought something that was supposed to be "lifetime", grandfathered in.

 

 

 

6 months is still a really long time! We have a hard time enforcing lifetime anyways with scripters leaving and such. Trust me, this is a much healthier option.

 

25 minutes ago, Rogath said:

I do think this is definately a good thing and agree the previous pricing was just there to be taken advantage of.

But i also think that support etc with tribot has been shit if im honest with you. So this is a turning point and i would like to thing the ambition of a more business like pricing will lead to more business like service.

Please read all the upcoming service changes mentioned in the first post.

 

2 hours ago, Rogath said:

Well now were paying more subscription then one off products i just hope the service of everything is upto scratch, no excuse for extended downtime or bugs etc now.

One of the goals with the 6 month maximum lifetime is to ensure that scripters actually maintain the script for those 6 months. This is much easier to enforce than a 'lifetime' of enforcement.

 

4 hours ago, contemporary said:

Going back on your word is bad business practice. Are you sure deceiving your older loyal customers is a good way forward?

When I've purchased multiple instances a month back with the promise of a "lifetime subscription", I expected just that. Unfortunately, that lifetime might turn out to be short lived.

I urge you to reconsider this approach, and deliver on your earlier promises. If you feel like your work, and scripters' work, is inadequately compensated, start the new payment plans for new clients from the day it goes live.


Lifetime subscription means, and always meant, to refer to the 'lifetime' of the script. Which doesn't mean your lifetime, nor does it refer to TRiBot's lifetime. The proposed timeline extensions are more than fair. You will be getting an entire year for a script you probably paid less than 30 dollars from. There is more than enough time to turn a profit during that time.

Like TRiLeZ mentioned these changes are good for 99% of our users, and for the bot farmers they will be impressed with the site changes we are allowed to make because of this.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen over a few years on tribot there's been a general lack of scripters and hopefully more decide to come here.

I don't mind adjustments if they produce good results. I definitely feel like there's some quality of life updates needed for the client to make botting less time consuming to set up, and if this is one of the steps to go in the right direction towards improvements then that's great. 

@Todd Out of curiosity what will happen with free scripts and auth counts? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is good as long as there is more accountability towards script makers who tend to let there scripts fall by the waste side. I feel that some of them tend to forget they have customers who paid for a product. 

 

It would be incredibly unfortunate if I paid for lets say, a 6 month auth and the bot isn't working every other week. Basically a waste of money.

With this change, is there going to be a change in how script disputes are handled? If there is a noticeable issue with the bot, will customers be able to get a refund?

Edited by jsand5048

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aroxez said:

From what I've seen over a few years on tribot there's been a general lack of scripters and hopefully more decide to come here.

I don't mind adjustments if they produce good results. I definitely feel like there's some quality of life updates needed for the client to make botting less time consuming to set up, and if this is one of the steps to go in the right direction towards improvements then that's great. 

@Todd Out of curiosity what will happen with free scripts and auth counts? 

There's a lack of new programmers entering the botting scene. The scripter scene at TRiBot has matured and no longer are you going to become a scripter without having adequate java knowledge. Most people who learn to write scripts today are doing so for personal benefit and aren't learning the fundamentals needed to be a quality scripter. ABC2 is rather simple to implement, but most people find that a challenge and I think that prevents a lot of applicants. There's also those who think they aren't good enough and don't bother applying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Encoded said:

There's a lack of new programmers entering the botting scene. The scripter scene at TRiBot has matured and no longer are you going to become a scripter without having adequate java knowledge. Most people who learn to write scripts today are doing so for personal benefit and aren't learning the fundamentals needed to be a quality scripter. ABC2 is rather simple to implement, but most people find that a challenge and I think that prevents a lot of applicants. There's also those who think they aren't good enough and don't bother applying.

Or the cool people that get denied for behavior :D

  • Like 1
  • thonking 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will said:

I get the change for new customers going forward, but punishing old customers who have stuck with Tribot is bullshit. 

Tbh I'm suprised something like 8$/month/50 accounts for VIP wasn't implemented. I was running 2.5k accounts only paying 8$/month to tribot as I made all my scripts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Deluxes said:

Tbh I'm suprised something like 8$/month/50 accounts for VIP wasn't implemented. I was running 2.5k accounts only paying 8$/month to tribot as I made all my scripts.

I think that would be a better move. Multiple tiers of VIP, each with their own account cap. It seems that the scripts themselves aren't really the issue for Tribot...it's the number of accounts people are running whilst only paying their $8/month. 

Just cap the number of instances users can run, forcing large goldfarmers like yourself to pay a reasonable amount to use the client and it's services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Failed4life said:

I'm rather confused about how private scripts are changing? Can someone clarify this for me.

Are private scripts still "lifetime" and just have a capped instance now?

Exactly, capped at 100 instances.


I believe it also carries the 6 month timeline, but I'm not sure. I think we are going to review private scripts changes separately from this change soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Todd said:

Lifetime subscription means, and always meant, to refer to the 'lifetime' of the script. Which doesn't mean your lifetime, nor does it refer to TRiBot's lifetime. The proposed timeline extensions are more than fair. You will be getting an entire year for a script you probably paid less than 30 dollars from. There is more than enough time to turn a profit during that time.

Like TRiLeZ mentioned these changes are good for 99% of our users, and for the bot farmers they will be impressed with the site changes we are allowed to make because of this.

 

I don't think anyone confuses lifetime of a person with lifetime of a script. In this case, we bought scripts on the promise they'll be available for as long as they're functional. This turned out to to be untrue.

I understand your rationalization in that you and scripters want better compensation, but that wasn't the information we, buyers, based our purchases on. I think applying subscription plan changes retroactively is unfair to your customers.

 

I'm glad to hear you have plans for major platform changes that will positively impact Tribot users. But, so far we only see higher prices and vague promises. It might help appease the proverbial angry masses if you put some meat on the bone and post a few teasers of how concretely you're planning to improve botting experience.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, contemporary said:

I don't think anyone confuses lifetime of a person with lifetime of a script. In this case, we bought scripts on the promise they'll be available for as long as they're functional. This turned out to to be untrue.

I understand your rationalization in that you and scripters want better compensation, but that wasn't the information we, buyers, based our purchases on. I think applying subscription plan changes retroactively is unfair to your customers.

 

I'm glad to hear you have plans for major platform changes that will positively impact Tribot users. But, so far we only see higher prices and vague promises. It might help appease the proverbial angry masses if you put some meat on the bone and post a few teasers of how concretely you're planning to improve botting experience.

Plain and simple the old business model was unsustainable. We're sorry you feel misled, but this is the only way we can continue to provide a improved experience.  I believe TRileZ's extension of script times are more than fair. Our hope is that this will actually see lower prices. Here's my rationality behind this.

Before Scripters were only making money assuming a mass amount of users would buy their script. Now they will be making money both on the mass market AND people who want to use an extreme amount of instances in their scripts. Which allows them to charge less & create more and better options for users that only use a few instances monthly (which is about 99% of our users.

If you are in the 1% of our users that were using massive amounts of instance then you are already making massive profit off the scripts. All scripts in the repo will have pricing options for farmers. You WILL be paying more, but you will be paying more because the previous services we were providing you for 8 dollars a month was unsustainable. 

 

AKA sorry we will accommodate the top 1% of bot users as best we can, but we're not going to let the other 99% suffer because of it.


Edit:
Furthermore... If users really want a Lifetime 1 Instance option for a script I think thats something that we could add back in the future. (But keep in mind, lifetime is a really shitty period of time. Lifetime could mean 3 days. Trust me when I say 6 Months is much better protection for the user.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Todd said:

Plain and simple the old business model was unsustainable. We're sorry you feel misled, but this is the only way we can continue to provide a improved experience.  I believe TRileZ's extension of script times are more than fair. Our hope is that this will actually see lower prices. Here's my rationality behind this.

Before Scripters were only making money on users that the fact a mass amount of users would but their script. Now they will be making money both on the mass market AND people who want to use an extreme amount of instances in their scripts. Which allows them to charge less & create more and better options for users that only use a few instances monthly (which is about 99% of our users.

If you are in the 1% of our users that were using massive amounts of instance then you are already making massive profit off the scripts. The scripts will have pricing options for farmers. You WILL be paying more, but you will be paying more because the previous services we were providing you for 8 dollars a month was unsustainable. 

 

AKA sorry we will accommodate the top 1% of bot users as best we can, but we're not going to let the other 99% suffer because of it.


Edit:
Furthermore... If users really want a Lifetime 1 Instance option for a script I think thats something that we could add back in the future. (But keep in mind, lifetime is a really shitty period of time. Lifetime could mean 3 days. Trust me when I say 6 Months is much better protection for the user.)

 

Removing lifetime options impacts low-to-mid level bot users the most, who count every penny to make profit after frequent account loss and other associated costs. Your mentioned top 1% of bulk botters use private scripts, often saved locally, and will not be impacted by pricing changes. One exception to this could be Zulrah Slayer, a script that never had lifetime option to begin with.

As for the promise to potentially see lower prices for low tier bot users - I simply don't see that happening. In fact, after browsing through popular scripts today, I can see their monthly cost is, on average, more than half of previous lifetime cost. Meaning the actual script prices will increase more than three times (using your 6 month example) for low tier users. More, the longer they're being used.

I understand that this is a business decision and we, the customers, don't have much say on the matter beyond voting with our wallets. In the end we'll either stay if benefits outweigh the steep prices, or go somewhere else if they don't. It'll be up to you to keep the price-to-quality ratio attractive.

 

My issue, however, isn't about changing payment plans, it's about applying them retroactively.

Edited by contemporary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, contemporary said:

 

Removing lifetime options impacts low-to-mid level bot users the most, who count every penny to make profit after frequent account loss and other associated costs. Your mentioned top 1% of bulk botters use private scripts, often saved locally, and will not be impacted by pricing changes. One exception to this could be Zulrah Slayer, a script that never had lifetime option to begin with.

As for the promise to potentially see lower prices for low tier bot users - I simply don't see that happening. In fact, after browsing through popular scripts today, I can see their monthly cost is, on average, more than half of previous lifetime cost. Meaning the actual script prices will increase more than three times (using your 6 month example) for low tier users. More, the longer they're being used.

I understand that this is a business decision and we, the customers, don't have much say on the matter beyond voting with our wallets. In the end we'll either stay if benefits outweigh the steep prices, or go somewhere else if they don't. It'll be up to you to keep the price-to-quality ratio attractive.

 

My issue, however, isn't just about changing payment plans, it's about changing them retroactively.

Like I said we are sorry about the retroactive change, however we believe the compensation (1 year) is more than enough to benefit all users. Lifetime is a BAD policy that hurts both users and scriptwriters. There is not a guarantee we can enforce on lifetime auths. Like I said above, lifetime could be 3 days. Trust me, a 6 month option is much better when you are planning your bot farm. Other changes are coming soon, such as the ability and enforcement of pausing auths on scripts that become broken. These are all coming with the new repository announced in the first post of this thread.

 

You say that's your only issue so that's all I'm gonna reply to. I believe I've covered your other responses in my other replies.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Todd said:

Plain and simple the old business model was unsustainable. We're sorry you feel misled, but this is the only way we can continue to provide a improved experience.  I believe TRileZ's extension of script times are more than fair. Our hope is that this will actually see lower prices. Here's my rationality behind this.

Before Scripters were only making money assuming a mass amount of users would buy their script. Now they will be making money both on the mass market AND people who want to use an extreme amount of instances in their scripts. Which allows them to charge less & create more and better options for users that only use a few instances monthly (which is about 99% of our users.

If you are in the 1% of our users that were using massive amounts of instance then you are already making massive profit off the scripts. All scripts in the repo will have pricing options for farmers. You WILL be paying more, but you will be paying more because the previous services we were providing you for 8 dollars a month was unsustainable. 

 

AKA sorry we will accommodate the top 1% of bot users as best we can, but we're not going to let the other 99% suffer because of it.


Edit:
Furthermore... If users really want a Lifetime 1 Instance option for a script I think thats something that we could add back in the future. (But keep in mind, lifetime is a really shitty period of time. Lifetime could mean 3 days. Trust me when I say 6 Months is much better protection for the user.)

 

1. Hypothetical situation. I have bought 6 months auth for the script. After using the script for 5 months the scripter suddenly stops support it, there is one bug which prevents using the script. Could I open a dispute and receive a full refund for the script in that case?

 

2. What will be bug fixing time limits for the scripts?

 

3. Is Looking Glass going to be in beta stage for the rest of the time even if the users are paying more? I'm asking because the scripters may not fix the bugs related to LG as it is in BETA stage and contain "many" bugs. P.S. I know the answer is no. What I'm asking is when will the LG loose BETA badge.

Edited by reanox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reanox said:

 

1. Hypothetical situation. I have bought 6 months auth for the script. After using the script for 5 months the scripter suddenly stops support it, there is one bug which prevents using the script. Could I open a dispute and receive a full refund for the script in that case?

 

2. What will be bug fixing time limits for the scripts?

 

3. Is Looking Glass going to be in beta stage for the rest of the time even if the users are paying more? I'm asking because the scripters may not fix the bugs related to LG as it is in BETA stage and contain "many" bugs. P.S. I know the answer is no. What I'm asking is when will the LG loose BETA badge.

For #3 from a scripter standpoint, bugs that occur on LG and not on the regular client are typically out of our hands. 
For example, I believe there is a bug where the bot won't log back in after a while on LG, as a scripter there is no way for us to fix this since we only have access to the methods that are the cause of it not working in the first place.

Edited by Encoded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Todd said:

Plain and simple the old business model was unsustainable. We're sorry you feel misled, but this is the only way we can continue to provide a improved experience.  I believe TRileZ's extension of script times are more than fair. Our hope is that this will actually see lower prices. Here's my rationality behind this.

Before Scripters were only making money assuming a mass amount of users would buy their script. Now they will be making money both on the mass market AND people who want to use an extreme amount of instances in their scripts. Which allows them to charge less & create more and better options for users that only use a few instances monthly (which is about 99% of our users.

If you are in the 1% of our users that were using massive amounts of instance then you are already making massive profit off the scripts. All scripts in the repo will have pricing options for farmers. You WILL be paying more, but you will be paying more because the previous services we were providing you for 8 dollars a month was unsustainable. 

 

AKA sorry we will accommodate the top 1% of bot users as best we can, but we're not going to let the other 99% suffer because of it.


Edit:
Furthermore... If users really want a Lifetime 1 Instance option for a script I think thats something that we could add back in the future. (But keep in mind, lifetime is a really shitty period of time. Lifetime could mean 3 days. Trust me when I say 6 Months is much better protection for the user.)

I think this is a good change and will indeed make the business model more healthy and sustainable. Years ago I bought Sigma merch (street flipper that posted offers on zybez) unlimited lifetime for $100. Sigma merch was converted over to Tau GE and all purchases carried over. I've clearly made back much more than I've spent (just look at my sig, which isn't fully accurate since I toggled off profit tracking ages ago). My only additional costs were VIP-E. The OSRS team is constantly expanding and just recently they revealed that they hired another anti-cheating specialist. OSRS is stepping up their game, and so should TRiBot, which requires more funding to hire devs and support as TRiLeZ mentioned. I'm looking forward to the future of TRiBot with this change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reanox said:

 

1. Hypothetical situation. I have bought 6 months auth for the script. After using the script for 5 months the scripter suddenly stops support it, there is one bug which prevents using the script. Could I open a dispute and receive a full refund for the script in that case?

 

2. What will be bug fixing time limits for the scripts?

 

3. Is Looking Glass going to be in beta stage for the rest of the time even if the users are paying more? I'm asking because the scripters may not fix the bugs related to LG as it is in BETA stage and contain "many" bugs. P.S. I know the answer is no. What I'm asking is when will the LG loose BETA badge.

1. Many things could happen. We might fix the script ourselves, or we might do a partial refund. 

2. Case by case basis. If the scripter doesn't fix it within a reasonable period of time we will likely take action. This also depends on severity, if a beta feature of a script breaks or an optional feature breaks the time limit may be a bit more lenient.

3. LG will remain in Beta until further notice. (sorry i know this isn't the answer you are looking for, we hope you can find a use for it in Beta in the meantime)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we get more payment options? paypal and strype(or what ever that options is called) is not enough. Strype would not even work for me, and it worked with same cad once. can't change paypal because of something..idk why, tribot just dont have option for that. So I am forced to overpay for credits. Obvious, there is sticky thread to buy credits from Mod :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, guywithlsd said:

Do we get more payment options? paypal and strype(or what ever that options is called) is not enough. Strype would not even work for me, and it worked with same cad once. can't change paypal because of something..idk why, tribot just dont have option for that. So I am forced to overpay for credits. Obvious, there is sticky thread to buy credits from Mod :angel:

We'd like to add ETH. Not sure what payment option you'd like. We can't take common asian or european options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Todd said:

We'd like to add ETH. Not sure what payment option you'd like. We can't take common asian or european options.

It doesn't happen to me personally, but I know a lot of people have to buy credits with OSGP because their payment method (whichever one they were using) gets marked as potentially fraudulent and prevents them from buying.

Someone who's actually had the issue might know better than I however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Our picks

    • This release will:

      Add support for using custom F key bindings to switch between game tabs (Thanks @erickho123)


      Fix tab opening for "Skills" and "Kourend Tasks" (Thanks @erickho123)



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
        • Like
      • 30 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix an issue where breaks would stop firing


      Fix Combat#getWildernessLevel, use dynamic search for text and cache ID for later calls


      Fix an NPE in the Combat API


      Fix Mouse#leaveGame bug where the mouse wouldn't actually leave the game screen
        • Like
      • 21 replies
    • This release will:

      Add LG support for Runelite


      Fix NPCChat issues


      Fix a bug where the camera angle setter would just hold down a key for 5 seconds (the timeout)


      Slightly adjust the rotation via keys to be more accurate


      Add the ability for asynchronous camera movement via keys


      Make Camera rotation via mouse more fluid, with more antiban, and work much better in resizable mode


      Add a "Camera#setCamera" method, allowing the rotation and angle to be set in parallel


      Increase the likelihood of using the mouse for camera movements


      Add support for adjusting the camera to positionable entities (Positionable#adjustCameraTo)



      Upcoming updates:

      Improved CLI support


      Much more



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 59 replies
    • This update will:

      Allow for clicking through the chat box when possible (Thanks @Todd)


      Fix Combat#selectIndex (Thanks @Encoded)


      Ensure worlds stay sorted and added a check to avoid misclicks in the in-game world hopper (Thanks @erickho123)


      Fix out-dated Options API interface indices (Thanks @Todd)



      Upcoming updates:

      Break handler bug fix


      Improved CLI support


      Much more



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
        • Like
      • 12 replies
    • This release will:

      Fix login bot after today's game update (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix latest in-game world hopping issues (Thanks @erickho123)


      Compact Settings UI and set location relative to TRiBot (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Fix an older implementation of GrandExchange#getWindowState (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)


      Improve the preformance of NPCChat by only searching in certain interface parents (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)



      Upcoming updates:

      Break handler bug fix


      Improved CLI support


      LG support for RuneLite


      Much more



      Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 16 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×