Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Parametric

Run TriBot through with JRebel?

2 minutes ago, Parametric said:

Haha sounds like you've never used it...

You're right, I haven't. I've never used a jackhammer either, but I still know it's not going to help you put up a shelf. It's just the wrong tool for the job.

Please, enlighten me though. How would utilizing it here be helpful?  I don't understand it's usefulness in this situation.

To me, it looks like a time-saving tool that prevents you from having to reload an application you're developing to test it, allowing you to change code on the fly.

It's usefulness is being marketed as preventing that estimated 2-3minutes it takes to do that. Pressing save, and then hitting start script takes a whole 5 seconds to test changes to your script(assuming you have your IDE  outputting to the tribot scripts folder).

So, thats 5 seconds of time every time you need to test changes to a script. Are those few seconds really so valuable? How often are you needing to test changes to a script that you're worried about this time?

It seems like you're trying to use a time saving tool for applications, but you don't have an application. You're writing a script. Script writer != Developer.

Or in short, you're using a jack hammer to put up a shelf and I'm the confused onlooker saying "I know that's not my job, but I don't think he's doing it right.".

16 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

To me, it looks like a time-saving tool that prevents you from having to reload an application you're developing to test it, allowing you to change code on the fly.

It's usefulness is being marketed as preventing that estimated 2-3minutes it takes to do that. Pressing save, and then hitting start script takes a whole 5 seconds to test changes to your script(assuming you have your IDE  outputting to the tribot scripts folder).

With intellij and using debug mode you can make it compile and auto reload your script that is already running without having to stop/start your script.

• Like 1
  • thonking 1

22 hours ago, Adventure_Time said:

You're right, I haven't. I've never used a jackhammer either, but I still know it's not going to help you put up a shelf. It's just the wrong tool for the job.

Please, enlighten me though. How would utilizing it here be helpful?  I don't understand it's usefulness in this situation.

So, thats 5 seconds of time every time you need to test changes to a script. Are those few seconds really so valuable? How often are you needing to test changes to a script that you're worried about this time?

It seems like you're trying to use a time saving tool for applications, but you don't have an application. You're writing a script. Script writer != Developer.

Or in short, you're using a jack hammer to put up a shelf and I'm the confused onlooker saying "I know that's not my job, but I don't think he's doing it right.".

Instead of clicking 3 buttons you can press a keybind. You don't have to restart the running script. idgaf about the time, it's an easier method because you can make changes on the fly.

Edited by Fluffee
Edited to remove advertising of external clients.

22 hours ago, Deluxes said:

With intellij and using debug mode you can make it compile and auto reload your script that is already running without having to stop/start your script.

No, I got that much from the quick browsing I did, I just didn't think that was necessary.

It's like the people with an apple watch who go "Look, I don't have to pull out my phone to check my  text".  I'm just in the mindset that taking out your phone was easy enough as is. I suppose if you're starting/stopping your script/making minute changes all the time it could shave a few seconds here and there.

Does it work though? Admittedly I'm ignorant of how precisely it works, but it seems there could be potential issues with tribot being obfuscated, and perhaps also the way tribot utilizes the script class files when you start a script.

Plus if your script threw an error while running, it would stop the script and you'd have to start it again manually anyway right?

You made a thread asking if a time-saving tool worked. I didn't see how it saved much time here so I asked. Maybe you knew something that I didn't see/know from my brief look at what it does.

20 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

No, I got that much from the quick browsing I did, I just didn't think that was necessary.

It's like the people with an apple watch who go "Look, I don't have to pull out my phone to check my  text".  I'm just in the mindset that taking out your phone was easy enough as is. I suppose if you're starting/stopping your script/making minute changes all the time it could shave a few seconds here and there.

Does it work though? Admittedly I'm ignorant of how precisely it works, but it seems there could be potential issues with tribot being obfuscated, and perhaps also the way tribot utilizes the script class files when you start a script.

Plus if your script threw an error while running, it would stop the script and you'd have to start it again manually anyway right?

Without it, it feels like using a screwdriver when there's a drill next to you. You notice something funny during execution, it's fixed.

Tribot's obfuscation is completely irrelevant, the only classes that are being reloaded are the ones that you modify and you're not modifying Tribots classes. It works on every other botting platform. JRebel provides the ability to hot-swap out classes that are currently loaded in the JVM

Finally no, if you are properly catching exceptions you don't have to reload the script, you just fix what's throwing it and it stops being thrown. If you throw an NPE without proper handling it will crash like normal.

7 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

All the more reason.. why are you so concerned with saving a few seconds here and there if you're migrating away from using tribot altogether?

You made a thread asking if a time-saving tool worked. I didn't see how it saved much time here so I asked. Maybe you knew something that I didn't see/know from my brief look at what it does.

You are so desperate to salvage yourself you keep going back to this completely irrelevant argument... I want my development environments to be the same, so fucking what. You've already demonstrated your mouth is larger than your dick so can you move on? It's like a virgin telling you "why need pussy when you got your hand?" because it's fucking better...

Edited by Parametric

5 hours ago, Parametric said:

Without it, it feels like using a screwdriver when there's a drill next to you. You notice something funny during execution, it's fixed.

Tribot's obfuscation is completely irrelevant, the only classes that are being reloaded are the ones that you modify and you're not modifying Tribots classes. It works on every other botting platform. JRebel provides the ability to hot-swap out classes that are currently loaded in the JVM

Finally no, if you are properly catching exceptions you don't have to reload the script, you just fix what's throwing it and it stops being thrown. If you throw an NPE without proper handling it will crash like normal.

You are so desperate to salvage yourself you keep going back to this completely irrelevant argument... I want my development environments to be the same, so fucking what. You've already demonstrated your mouth is larger than your dick so can you move on? It's like a virgin telling you "why need pussy when you got your hand?" because it's fucking better...

I asked a question out of curiosity and was met with contempt and a lack of an answer. If you had just answered the question "Hey, I want to do this because it adds X functionality and I prefer that" it would've been the end of that.

Good luck to you though. Be sure to let me know when you've got a fully functional client so you can slap your virtual dick on my cheek daddy

8 hours ago, Adventure_Time said:

I asked a question out of curiosity and was met with contempt and a lack of an answer. If you had just answered the question "Hey, I want to do this because it adds X functionality and I prefer that" it would've been the end of that.

Good luck to you though. Be sure to let me know when you've got a fully functional client so you can slap your virtual dick on my cheek daddy

You were condescending and now your playing the victim, when you through the first rock... 4head.

Edited by Parametric