Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Parametric

Run TriBot through with JRebel?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Parametric said:

Haha sounds like you've never used it...

You're right, I haven't. I've never used a jackhammer either, but I still know it's not going to help you put up a shelf. It's just the wrong tool for the job.

Please, enlighten me though. How would utilizing it here be helpful?  I don't understand it's usefulness in this situation.

To me, it looks like a time-saving tool that prevents you from having to reload an application you're developing to test it, allowing you to change code on the fly.

It's usefulness is being marketed as preventing that estimated 2-3minutes it takes to do that. Pressing save, and then hitting start script takes a whole 5 seconds to test changes to your script(assuming you have your IDE  outputting to the tribot scripts folder).

So, thats 5 seconds of time every time you need to test changes to a script. Are those few seconds really so valuable? How often are you needing to test changes to a script that you're worried about this time?

It seems like you're trying to use a time saving tool for applications, but you don't have an application. You're writing a script. Script writer != Developer.

Or in short, you're using a jack hammer to put up a shelf and I'm the confused onlooker saying "I know that's not my job, but I don't think he's doing it right.".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

To me, it looks like a time-saving tool that prevents you from having to reload an application you're developing to test it, allowing you to change code on the fly.

It's usefulness is being marketed as preventing that estimated 2-3minutes it takes to do that. Pressing save, and then hitting start script takes a whole 5 seconds to test changes to your script(assuming you have your IDE  outputting to the tribot scripts folder).

With intellij and using debug mode you can make it compile and auto reload your script that is already running without having to stop/start your script.

  • Like 1
  • thonking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Adventure_Time said:

You're right, I haven't. I've never used a jackhammer either, but I still know it's not going to help you put up a shelf. It's just the wrong tool for the job.

Please, enlighten me though. How would utilizing it here be helpful?  I don't understand it's usefulness in this situation.

To me, it looks like a time-saving tool that prevents you from having to reload an application you're developing to test it, allowing you to change code on the fly.

It's usefulness is being marketed as preventing that estimated 2-3minutes it takes to do that. Pressing save, and then hitting start script takes a whole 5 seconds to test changes to your script(assuming you have your IDE  outputting to the tribot scripts folder).

So, thats 5 seconds of time every time you need to test changes to a script. Are those few seconds really so valuable? How often are you needing to test changes to a script that you're worried about this time?

It seems like you're trying to use a time saving tool for applications, but you don't have an application. You're writing a script. Script writer != Developer.

Or in short, you're using a jack hammer to put up a shelf and I'm the confused onlooker saying "I know that's not my job, but I don't think he's doing it right.".

Instead of clicking 3 buttons you can press a keybind. You don't have to restart the running script. idgaf about the time, it's an easier method because you can make changes on the fly.

Edited by Fluffee
Edited to remove advertising of external clients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Deluxes said:

With intellij and using debug mode you can make it compile and auto reload your script that is already running without having to stop/start your script.

No, I got that much from the quick browsing I did, I just didn't think that was necessary.

It's like the people with an apple watch who go "Look, I don't have to pull out my phone to check my  text".  I'm just in the mindset that taking out your phone was easy enough as is. I suppose if you're starting/stopping your script/making minute changes all the time it could shave a few seconds here and there.

Does it work though? Admittedly I'm ignorant of how precisely it works, but it seems there could be potential issues with tribot being obfuscated, and perhaps also the way tribot utilizes the script class files when you start a script.

Plus if your script threw an error while running, it would stop the script and you'd have to start it again manually anyway right?

You made a thread asking if a time-saving tool worked. I didn't see how it saved much time here so I asked. Maybe you knew something that I didn't see/know from my brief look at what it does.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

No, I got that much from the quick browsing I did, I just didn't think that was necessary.

It's like the people with an apple watch who go "Look, I don't have to pull out my phone to check my  text".  I'm just in the mindset that taking out your phone was easy enough as is. I suppose if you're starting/stopping your script/making minute changes all the time it could shave a few seconds here and there.

Does it work though? Admittedly I'm ignorant of how precisely it works, but it seems there could be potential issues with tribot being obfuscated, and perhaps also the way tribot utilizes the script class files when you start a script.

Plus if your script threw an error while running, it would stop the script and you'd have to start it again manually anyway right?

Without it, it feels like using a screwdriver when there's a drill next to you. You notice something funny during execution, it's fixed.

Tribot's obfuscation is completely irrelevant, the only classes that are being reloaded are the ones that you modify and you're not modifying Tribots classes. It works on every other botting platform. JRebel provides the ability to hot-swap out classes that are currently loaded in the JVM

Finally no, if you are properly catching exceptions you don't have to reload the script, you just fix what's throwing it and it stops being thrown. If you throw an NPE without proper handling it will crash like normal.

7 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

All the more reason.. why are you so concerned with saving a few seconds here and there if you're migrating away from using tribot altogether?

You made a thread asking if a time-saving tool worked. I didn't see how it saved much time here so I asked. Maybe you knew something that I didn't see/know from my brief look at what it does.

 

You are so desperate to salvage yourself you keep going back to this completely irrelevant argument... I want my development environments to be the same, so fucking what. You've already demonstrated your mouth is larger than your dick so can you move on? It's like a virgin telling you "why need pussy when you got your hand?" because it's fucking better...

Edited by Parametric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Parametric said:

Without it, it feels like using a screwdriver when there's a drill next to you. You notice something funny during execution, it's fixed.

Tribot's obfuscation is completely irrelevant, the only classes that are being reloaded are the ones that you modify and you're not modifying Tribots classes. It works on every other botting platform. JRebel provides the ability to hot-swap out classes that are currently loaded in the JVM

Finally no, if you are properly catching exceptions you don't have to reload the script, you just fix what's throwing it and it stops being thrown. If you throw an NPE without proper handling it will crash like normal.

You are so desperate to salvage yourself you keep going back to this completely irrelevant argument... I want my development environments to be the same, so fucking what. You've already demonstrated your mouth is larger than your dick so can you move on? It's like a virgin telling you "why need pussy when you got your hand?" because it's fucking better...

I asked a question out of curiosity and was met with contempt and a lack of an answer. If you had just answered the question "Hey, I want to do this because it adds X functionality and I prefer that" it would've been the end of that.

Good luck to you though. Be sure to let me know when you've got a fully functional client so you can slap your virtual dick on my cheek daddy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Adventure_Time said:

I asked a question out of curiosity and was met with contempt and a lack of an answer. If you had just answered the question "Hey, I want to do this because it adds X functionality and I prefer that" it would've been the end of that.

Good luck to you though. Be sure to let me know when you've got a fully functional client so you can slap your virtual dick on my cheek daddy

 

You were condescending and now your playing the victim, when you through the first rock... 4head.

Edited by Parametric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Our picks

    • This release includes:

      Fix updater bug which was causing a bunch of issues


      TRiBot will no longer require manual hook fixes every time the RS client updates - the updater has been fully patched for objects


      Hooked login fields


      Improved the login bot


      Ability to recognize the banned/locked messages again


      Ability to read the current input for username and password fields


      If the username or password is already entered correctly, it won't be erased


      If only part of the username or password is already entered correctly, it won't be erased. The login bot will fill in what's missing.


      If there are a few invalid characters after a valid substring of your username/password, only (approximately) those invalid characters will be erased. The login bot will then proceed to fill in the missing characters.





      Coming soon:

      Skull icon fix


      Improve screen rate and responsiveness of the RS client (both regular client and LG)


      Much more
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 20 replies
    • This release includes:

      Fix shift clicking option selecting


      Fix high paint delay settings saving


      Update prayer IDs for the quick select menu


      Remove RS3 support


      Fix hooks



      RS3 Support Removed

      The RS3 client hasn't been updated since our Old-School version of TRiBot was released, as many of you may have noticed. Keeping all of the RS3 code in the client made the client as a whole harder to maintain, larger, slower, and messier. As hardly anyone still uses the RS3 client, and since the RS3 API was hardly functioning, we made the decision to completely remove it from TRiBot.

      For the average user, this means that the client will be smaller, cleaner, and faster. Future updates will also take less work meaning there will be more frequent updates.

      If you were one of the few users still using the RS3 client, we apologize for the inconvenience. No future support for RS3 is planned. There are many other botting clients which has support for RS3, so we recommend finding an alternative if you wish to continue botting on RS3.
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 25 replies
    • Please welcome our new developers, @JoeDezzy1, @erickho123, @Encoded, and @wastedbro.

      These members will be responsible for working on, maintaining, and improving TRiBot.

      This means that bug fixes and improvements will now come at a much faster pace! We're committed to providing users with the best botting experience possible!
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 30 replies
    • This release includes:

      More 3rd party libraries for script writers to use


      Apache Commons Codec


      Apache Commons Collections


      Apache Commons Configuration


      Apache Commons IO


      Apache Commons Lang


      Apache Commons Math


      GSON


      Guava


      JFoenix




      Hint arrow API


      Game#getHintArrowX


      Game#getHintArrowY




      Fix player hooks including Player#getSkullIcon and Prayer#getPrayerIcon
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 49 replies
    • This update includes:

      Fix broken hooks


      Fix login bot for the message "No reply from login server. Please wait 1 minute and try again."


      Fix bug relating to which bot tab is sent human input


      General#randomLong bug fix involving negative numbers


      Fix GE API



      Please note: There are still some issues with the login bot due to a change in the game mechanisms handling the login screen. We're working on a fix and will upload it when ready.
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 37 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×