Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Iceyveins

Do I NEED a proxy?

Hi, I'm fairly new to botting and have botted with Tribot in the past. I achieved a max combat main with tribot scripts, and I'm thinking of trying to make another max combat character. 

I know very little about proxies, so my question is this. If i bot another account without a proxy, and it gets banned, will Jagex be able to pick up on it when I play my main, therefore ban my main? 

Thanks!

Array
Just now, YoHoJo said:

In most cases, as long as you don't bot on your main, and never interact with bots on your main, it should be fine.
Maye some people can confirm this?

Thanks for the quick response, i'll wait for others' advice too :). What about if my new account gets banned and I recreate an account and that gets banned too, will my main be compromised then?

Thanks again!

13 minutes ago, Iceyveins said:

Thanks for the quick response, i'll wait for others' advice too :). What about if my new account gets banned and I recreate an account and that gets banned too, will my main be compromised then?

Thanks again!

Fresh accounts are much more likely to be chain banned, which would increase the risk of your main.

My main has never been banned even when I've been banned on over 50 accounts on my home ip. Proxies are only useful if you want to play your main at the same time you're botting or preventing chain bans if you're botting multiple accounts at once. Otherwise if you bot and play legit at separate times you should be fine. I've even heard from people that you can bot and play legit at the same time and you won't get banned on your legit account, but I don't want to put that to the test to see if that's true or not.

• Thanks 1
  • thonking 1

2 hours ago, Encoded said:

My main has never been banned even when I've been banned on over 50 accounts on my home ip. Proxies are only useful if you want to play your main at the same time you're botting or preventing chain bans if you're botting multiple accounts at once. Otherwise if you bot and play legit at separate times you should be fine. I've even heard from people that you can bot and play legit at the same time and you won't get banned on your legit account, but I don't want to put that to the test to see if that's true or not.

You should clarify that you are not muling to or trading your main

2 hours ago, Encoded said:

Thanks for this clarification! Puts my mind at ease a little bit. If anyone else has any input they want to offer, please feel free :)

22 hours ago, Encoded said:

You can bot and play on your main on the same time. I used some gold farm bots at the same time i was playing on my main. Got at least 100 goldfarm bots banned.

17 hours ago, Encoded said:

I do trade my main from the botted accounts. I actually trade money and supplies to them from my main.

I'd advise you to stop using your main as a mule if you value it at all, which from you saying how you never bot it you do. I've lost countless of accounts that just "trade" and never login to a bot client and are played on different ips.

55 minutes ago, Enano25 said:

I'd advise you to stop using your main as a mule if you value it at all, which from you saying how you never bot it you do. I've lost countless of accounts that just "trade" and never login to a bot client and are played on different ips.

I've been doing this for many years. I don't gold farm so it's a little different.

Edited by Encoded

So what I'm generally gathering is this: If I bot on accounts OTHER than my main, I won't get my main banned, as long as I don't . Even if those other accounts get banned (this is all while not using a proxy). Thanks for the input everyone!

PS: I will not be gold "farming" and muling, rather possibly transferring a few mill here and there max. 

On 1/26/2018 at 10:05 AM, Encoded said:

I've been doing this for many years. I don't gold farm so it's a little different.

you dont gold farm, but yet have had 50 accounts banned at once.. i bet you have like 500 99 fishing accounts with stacks of gold lol

but yeah, everytime i make an account i keep them logged in at ge and stock them from my main and I've never gotten a ban on my main..

4 hours ago, sgt p0wned said:

you dont gold farm, but yet have had 50 accounts banned at once.. i bet you have like 500 99 fishing accounts with stacks of gold lol

but yeah, everytime i make an account i keep them logged in at ge and stock them from my main and I've never gotten a ban on my main..

When did I say I was banned at once? I've been banned on around 50 accounts since OSRS was released. Not at once.

I don't gold farm.

fisher.png?username=Encoded

Edited by Encoded