flytohigh

Is Jagex logging Specific computers?

Hey i have a question, is Jagex able to log a Computer when they detacte a bot. For an example i boted on an account and they ban the account. It would make sense to me that jagex put something on the Computer that they know that at this specific pc someone botted and check this pc more frequently.

So is jagex able logg Mac adress or write something in registry or safe data to check if on this pc someone botted?

30 minutes ago, flytohigh said:

Hey i have a question, is Jagex able to log a Computer when they detacte a bot. For an example i boted on an account and they ban the account. It would make sense to me that jagex put something on the Computer that they know that at this specific pc someone botted and check this pc more frequently.

So is jagex able logg Mac adress or write something in registry or safe data to check if on this pc someone botted?

No one knows they could honestly be sitting outside our houses watching us to see if we're botting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flytohigh said:

There's a file downloaded by OSRS called the jagex cache, which a lot of people have suspected stored data like this. Fortunately it seems like this is not the case, as people can very easily reverse engineer that file to see what's inside using 3rd party data mining tools, and just found stuff like map data, models, sprites, unused content, and that sort of thing. So in short I doubt they actually store a file on your PC, but they do have the ability to save data to their servers directly including your MAC address, IP address, and some hardware specifications. So far we can only really confirm that they use IP addresses.

Edited by IceKontroI

8 minutes ago, Aroxez said:

I doubt it, I bot on my own hardware probably been banned over 1k times. They definitely don't flag pcs.

So you've been banned over 1000 times on the same hardware setup and you're arguing that they don't flag your hardware configuration? Did I read this wrong?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, IceKontroI said:

So you've been banned over 1000 times on the same hardware setup and you're arguing that they don't flag your hardware configuration? Did I read this wrong?

15 minutes ago, packedabowl said:

Lollll was thinking the same thing 

I'm guessing he didn't get banned straight away. You would think if jagex did this then a lot more main accounts would be banned for relation to a gold farm.

8 minutes ago, Aroxez said:

It's implied that I am having success regardless of racking up bans over a timeframe of three years on the same machine.

Are you using Tau GE for your farm's script? I see you have almost 3b in profit so that seems likely. I remember my accounts used to live for 3-4 months without bans in TGE, but I took a lot of precautions, including using different MAC addresses, spoofing hardware configs, using private proxies so that may have contributed to it. Also the banrate on that script seems higher now that it did before.

But essentially my point had two parts. Firstly from the post, it looked like you were arguing a counter-intuitive point. And secondly, we really can't make assumptions on whether or not hardware is taken into consideration by Jagex as there isn't enough data and there are too many moving parts to the equation.

1 hour ago, IceKontroI said:

Are you using Tau GE for your farm's script? I see you have almost 3b in profit so that seems likely. I remember my accounts used to live for 3-4 months without bans in TGE, but I took a lot of precautions, including using different MAC addresses, spoofing hardware configs, using private proxies so that may have contributed to it. Also the banrate on that script seems higher now that it did before.

But essentially my point had two parts. Firstly from the post, it looked like you were arguing a counter-intuitive point. And secondly, we really can't make assumptions on whether or not hardware is taken into consideration by Jagex as there isn't enough data and there are too many moving parts to the equation.

I did use TAU for a long time, I'm trying to opt to some other alternatives. It's a great script for blending in but I agree with you that the ban rate has gone up. It doesnt have any failsafes in place when items fail to load which may contribute to higher bans as it idles endlessly, which I'm sure is profiled by now.

I do see how my post seemed thoughtless. I write more than I'd like to and sometimes I don't check behind myself. Excuse me for that, and I agree that hardware could come into play but it would require a more thorough analysis and even then we may be way off. 

• Like 1

Funny thing is, the other day I was talking to paypal customer service.  They knew exactly what devices I used to log in to paypal.  Why not jagex?  Jagex is on another level nowadays.  They are worth over $100 million apparently.  Wouldnt doubt that their detection systems are next level.  

30 minutes ago, RonBeastly said:

Funny thing is, the other day I was talking to paypal customer service.  They knew exactly what devices I used to log in to paypal.  Why not jagex?  Jagex is on another level nowadays.  They are worth over $100 million apparently.  Wouldnt doubt that their detection systems are next level.  

You can trick paypal into thinking your accessing their services from any device and location.

It's called spoofing, and Tribot does it. Proxies spoof your IP. If you're worried about MAC or Hardware ID, you can spoof those yourself.

Edited by wastedbro