Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Wastedbro

Wastedbro's Scripter Re-Application

Hello, Everyone! I'm glad to be back. Most of you reading this have probably already seen me around and know what I'm up to. After being demoted for inactivity, I'm back.

Here is my old scripter application: 

I post this because I will demonstrate my growth as a developer using this as a reference. I will also point out that much of the material posted in that thread still technically exists.

Github Profile: https://github.com/WBScripts

Snippets:

Tutorials: 

• Unsourced mini-tutorials on the Tribot Discord
  • Decision Tree Framework
  • ABCv3 Development (Not a tutorial, but oh well)

Randoms/updates submitted:

You lost me here.

Scripts available to the public:

Short biography / Coding Experience:

I graduated from a 4-year University in Spring 2017 with a major in Software Engineering and a minor in Statistics. I love coding. I love AI. I find data science interesting. 

I work a full time career as a professional Mid-Level Software Engineer. I like to code in my spare time. I am not wanting to be a premium scripter just for the money; I genuinely enjoy it. I've been scripting at Tribot since I was in High School, back in 2013. I was one of the original scripters back when I barely even knew how to code. I've done so many things since then and learned how to write software professionally. 

I want to bring that professionalism to Tribot. I want every customer to be satisfied and I want to push the limits of what Tribot is capable of.

Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter:

I've contributed a lot to this community in the past 5 years. I was one of the original scripters. And, I'm bringing in a professional software engineering mindset.

I deserve scripter because the innovation I'm pushing at Tribot will provide a refreshing change to this community. 

What you plan to provide the community with:

Let me start by saying that for every premium script I write, there will be a free script or a free version. I can guarantee that my free scripts will be more desirable than even some of the premium script competitors here. Let's face it, we need new scripts.

Not only that, I'm here to innovate. I'm not rehashing old ideas. I'm improving upon them. The community already has a lot of scripts. What we need more of is improvement. I'm here to improve antiban, improve efficiency, improve user experience, improve customer support. 

If this community needs it, I'll do everything within my reasonable power to provide it.

Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community?

Sure

Note: If I'm approved, please ensure I'm given Premium Scripter status so I can edit the prices on my current premium scripts. Thank you.

Also, could my premium script, Elite Chopper Pro, be taken out of "Expired", as well as re-added to the Repo Search? It seems like it's available for purchase, but you can't find it unless you click a link to it.

Edits:

@laniax No, I'm not the person who you are talking about. I honestly have no idea what or who you're referring to. I would also like to point out that my splasher is actually 3 scripts in one, considering it buys items off the GE and from 2 shops, as well as exchanges armor sets for actual armor and equips it. 

I'm sorry, but my boring splasher is more advanced than most free AIO skillers, in terms of technical detail. Remember that there is no working GE API and no API for setting autocast. 

I'll agree with you on the Lunar, but you should take a look at some of the antiban I included with that.

Also, look at my old application. There's a few free, open-sourced scripts there, too. 

@laniax I appreciate your comment, but it heavily implies you only looked at the titles of my work and not the content. If you would like to see some snippets of my WCer, I can post that. The entire source is 50+ files, though. It's as far from "beginner" as you could possibly get.

@laniax Added another script and source (Elite Combat Free)

@Netami Thank you for your response! I would like to ask that you treat my application as any other. Using my absence against me seems extremely unfair. I would like to point out that I've been back for about 4 or 5 months now. The first time I got Premium Scripter, my account was less than 2 months old. I disagree with your definition of "jumping back in". This has been as slow as any other member of this forum.

Edit: I see that you're actually approving of this application. Well, I must point out that I do have 2 active premium scripts. I have existing customers. You may voice your opinion on my new premium script requests (once they exist), but I need Premium Scripter Rank simply to maintain my current customer base. This is merely a technicality. Premium Scripter Rank just allows me to maintain my current premium scripts, it doesn't mean I automatically get new premium script approval.

Clarification: Non-Premium-Scripters can't edit their premium scripts without forcing them to become free. I learned this the hard way and now must go through this process to re-instate one of my intact premium scripts. It's a customer issue.

Edited by wastedbro
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Weren't you the guy who leaked scripter info?
Also, you need to apply with 3 open source scripts, one of which implements ABC2 level 10. I only see a splasher and a flax spinner (yawn).

I like your activity though and you seem mature enough.
If you would add a source of a non-beginner script i would probably vote yes. 

--- 

Edit: 
I've talked to wastedbro on Discord to clarify the info leak i mentioned. He claimed that it happened from his account when it was hacked in early 2015, when he himself was inactive and as such it went unnoticed for a while.

@wastedbro I don't judge anything not included in this application, so saying that your WC script source is far from beginner, or that your old application has content is irrelevant. Also the point that your script is 'multiple scripts in one' is a poor argument, most of those things wouldn't stand as a stand-alone script.

I still stand by my original comment, you should add a 3rd script. (as is required anyway)

Edited by laniax
  • Like 2

I agree with you returning as scripter, but not as premium scripter. Admittedly I have my own leave of absence wherein I lost a premium script, but I did maintain one in that time. Jumping right back into premium sales seems like a stretch for me.

• Like 1