Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gripps

Anyone know 3D Game Development?

10 posts in this topic

I always thought it would be interesting to learn about 3D Game Development. Doesn anyone know anything?

Ive made a couple 3d games. Best way to learn is c# XDA. very good community.

Along with what Active has said, another good way to learn is to actually begin with a game that is open source and already exists. Modifying the game (and learning the language it is written in) can lead to learning how to actually write one from scratch. Good luck if you ever go anywhere with 3D game programming :)

Just wanting to shout out here and say "I DO".

Written 3D games + networking in both C++ and C#.

Made 3D games using DirectX, XNA and I tried unity once, but I didn't like unity, because it's API is "noob language/level" and found unity extremely boring to develop in.

If you got the basics down already, I'd suggest getting a DirectX book or similar, start with easy things like developing an isometric tile engine, etc.

I'd advise looking into a current engine, instead of attempting a 3D engine yourself. For example, JMonkey for Java developers and Unreal for C++ developers, Unreal also has the Unreal Script which I think eliminates most of the C++ programming (don't quote me on that though). Also XNA is quite easy to develop with, but unfortunately your games will only run on Windows.

Unity3D and this guy:

Then you are more than set to go.

This guy has hundreds of hours of knowledge, and it is all comprimised down to a whooping 280+ episodes.

This guy is the real deal if you want to learn 3D Game Development.

Unity is commonly used among a few people like Slender and others.

But UDK (Unreal development kit) is a very good engine and development software as well, if you would like to make a first person shooter like UT3 (Unreal Tournament 3) You should check out UDK!