Todd

Recent Downtime and Updates

Posted (edited)

Update: Compensation has been given, this thread will now be closed. Please refer to the compensation thread located here: 

As you know, we have recently experienced some downtime, first completely then partially. However, TRiBot is now up and running and you should have no problems going forward. Both LG and the normal client should be working without any issues. If you continue to experience an issue with a particular script then please message that script-writer to test it themselves, they can then open a bug report. Additionally, there are a few topics I would like to address that have been brought up to me in the last few weeks.

1. Compensation

We are looking into compensating users for the down-time.  This task involves our developers working full time to distinguish proper compensation. This hasn't been possible with the issues with the client. Our priority has always been client first. This will be addressed within the next week or so assuming there are no additional technical issues.

2. Communication

There have been quite a few threads mocking the communication between the staff and users of TRiBot. In this, we would like to promote a compromise to our users under the following guidelines.

• Do not expect your voice to be heard in the unofficial TRiBot discord. Under no circumstances are moderators/admins expected to visit or take complaints/issues in this manner. 
  • Please post in the issues forum if you would like us to see the issue.
  • During downtime, we will now be doing daily updates. This update may be a long technical explanation or just a short explanation with an update of the time/date.
  • I will also be starting a new section on updates called 'TRiLeZ Upbeat', which will literally just be direct posts from TRiLeZ that are interesting or informational 

This has been the biggest break in the TRiBot updater in the past 7 years. Comparatively if you take our average up time we still decimate other bots. First and forth most we are a community and we don't want to lose anybody. We have some cool stuff planned coming soon for TRiBot and we hope you stick around to see it.

TRiLeZ Upbeat

Oh and I'll answer a question surrounding client bugs. There are a bunch of bugs which have been present for years, but to fix them would require a major over-hall of the whole client. So essentially most of the client would have to get re-written to fix these persistent bugs. That's why in December of 2015 we've been working behind the scenes on a new client. Thousands of hours has been contributed to it by myself and a few other people (and of course with a lot of money spent). To actually re-write most of the components of TRiBot to fix those few deep seeded bugs would require a ridiculous amount of time to both write and to ensure all of the new code seemlessly integrates with everything else. So I figured it would be more beneficial to write a new client with the aim of evading detection and any possible future detection, efficiency, reliability, ease of use, and a fresh new look.

Edited by Montreal
compensation given
  • Like 9

Posted (edited)

I don't even mind the bot being down that much, what bothered me was the lack of communication.

Hopefully what was posted here sticks true, really glad effort is being put fourth to communication for future downtime if there is any, i'm sure it will cut down 80% of rants / spam threads / posts

Edited by theholyone
  • Like 3

We appreciate your communication and your outlook on the future of Tribot and its community.

I believe the majority of those upset truly just wanted answers or some type communication regardless what the actual content was. I think much of the community would agree with me when I say over everything we want to keep using this reliable and excellent bot.

Thank you for everything you guys do,
Happy botting everyone.

• Like 2

@Tanged

PM if you want to discuss it further, don't reply here.  but tl:dr.

Bot Panel being worked on.
Hard no to discord.
No difference between TRiLeZ posting and me posting, both get it from same source.
There is no animosity towards the users, and we are working on compensation. Not sure where you are getting this.

11 hours ago, Todd said:

2. Communication

There have been quite a few threads mocking the communication between the staff and users of TRiBot. In this, we would like to promote a compromise to our users under the following guidelines.

• Do not expect your voice to be heard in the unofficial TRiBot discord. Under no circumstances are moderators/admins expected to visit or take complaints/issues in this manner. 

The very little info we got from Trilez came from discord as well, there was nothing else than Yohos announcment was available for us in the official forum during the entiredowntime. It would be nice if staff would comply with this no discord guideline as well in the future. 

• Like 1

I really have no problem with tribot being down, espeically since tribot is probably the only client that usually doesn't break after an update.
There are 2 main problems:
Customer support; lack of communication, lack of compensation when tribot is down for a long time.
Trilez is the only one who is capable of working on the client when it's down(?)

Compensation:
1. Tau GE was down for almost 2 weeks due to RSBuddy API being down (over a year ago).
Whether or not we deserve an extension may be arguable.
However, we were promised a 2 weeks extension, which we have never received.

$200/month for me ($20/monthly auth and $200/monthly unlimited auth)
https://tribot.org/forums/topic/48580-up-to-1mhr-abcl-10-tau-grand-exchange-tribots-best-moneymaking-script/?page=129#comment-688801
https://tribot.org/forums/topic/48580-up-to-1mhr-abcl-10-tau-grand-exchange-tribots-best-moneymaking-script/?page=137#comment-693032

2. Trilez: "To compensate for this delay, I am going to extend all current VIP users' VIP subscriptions by two weeks."

I believe it was when combat hooks were down when Trilez was on vacation.
It didn't hurt me much, but for users using scripts like GDK / Zulrah, ($50/monthly unlimited auth, $35/monthly auth & $175/monthly unlimited auth)
Does $4 compensation is what they deserve? 

3. https://tribot.org/forums/topic/68141-downtime-and-compensation/
People having problems with compensation, not receiving them at all or very delayed it seems. 
I'm not even sure if I received an extension for Tau GE this time (didn't bother checking).

4. CLI support (which afaik all the other clients have):
https://tribot.org/forums/topic/68622-client-arguments-startup-support/

It feels like we're being ignored again.
Luckily Deluxes has shared his private version before, so at least people got to enjoy that for a while.

Dev team:
I'm not sure about it, but judging by all the bug reports by the scripters and combat hooks being down when Trilez was on vacation without anyone being able to fix it.
It seems like only Trilez is working on the current client (as it seems there are other people working on the new client?).
On another client I use I've seen at least 3 developers.

Suggestions:
1. Freeze premium scripts when Tribot is down for X days, VIP-E extension isn't really a compensation compared to what premium scripts cost.

2. Be more active (admins / Trilez), share as much as you can as often as you can; seems like you're already on it.

3. Hire someone who can help Trilez; especially after what he has shared lately.

If money is the problem, I suggest opening a topic about it, I will gladly donate gold / pay more for VIP if I know that's where the money will go to.
^If I see a change in the customer support I will donate regardless of this (add paypal option please :P ).

In the end, I'm still going to use Tribot even if the situation stays the same as it's a great client with great script(er)s.
Tribot is probably my favorite client, it's just things like not having CLI support and lack of communication that makes it inferior.

@Todd Looking forward to that communication change, let's see how it goes.

• Like 3