Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egyptian

Need Help Growing

2 minutes ago, Egyptian said:

Basic as basic.

Need help growing.

5'7-ish tops.

115-123 lbs. (Haven't checked in a couple of months)

17 years.

I need help growing. Gonna start hitting the gym during spring break. Need diet and supplements. Yes, I do believe I can still grow.

you don't need supplements. you need food, a gym and patience.
learn the basic exercises: bench press/deadlift/squats and you will progress.
calculate your calories if you are serious, eat more than you burn. win

Just now, Butta said:

5 minutes ago, Egyptian said:

Basic as basic.

Need help growing.

5'7-ish tops.

17 years.

I need help growing. Gonna start hitting the gym during spring break. Need diet and supplements. Yes, I do believe I can still grow.

exactly what butta said, this has worked for me, and i really suggest u calculate calories because u are an ectomorph and its really hard if u dont, the best thing u can do is try to practice and hit ur caloric intake everyday, i didn't follow calories untill i came up with personal trainers like 7 months ago and i gained so much weight it was really amazing and my body started changing but i used to take alot of supplements it affected my stomach and got food posioned thats why i recommend u only go for food really, i use "student aesthetic" as a personal trainer he will just tell u to weigh things out and what to train straightforward with any nutritional advise.

Indeed, and try hitting the gym for not to long. Set an hour, with not to many rest between sets.

Take a timer or something like that. You see a lot of guys hitting the gym, and taking way to many rest.
Furthermore, the more you look into food and examples the more you'll learn and never forget.

Also, not supplements needed. Agree as above, you should try eating a lot of boiled eggs, salmon, rice, tuna, oatmeal, nuts, and fruits.

9 minutes ago, Butta said:

6 minutes ago, leoshiro said:

exactly what butta said, this has worked for me, and i really suggest u calculate calories because u are an ectomorph and its really hard if u dont, the best thing u can do is try to practice and hit ur caloric intake everyday, i didn't follow calories untill i came up with personal trainers like 7 months ago and i gained so much weight it was really amazing and my body started changing but i used to take alot of supplements it affected my stomach and got food posioned thats why i recommend u only go for food really, i use "student aesthetic" as a personal trainer he will just tell u to weigh things out and what to train straightforward with any nutritional advise.

I just posted this topic in any section. Sorry about that lol.

Also, how can I calculate how much I burn?

Just now, Egyptian said:

@Butta Can you help me out with what I should do before going to the gym?

before going to gym = pre workout?

or before you even start going to gym at all? > bodyweight exercises

2 minutes ago, Egyptian said:

both especially pre workout

nothing, don't start with supplements to early since it costs a lot in the long run and you will feel worse without them.
You might progress slowly, but the key is to not lose motivation :)
Make pics of yourself every few weeks to check the results !

I used to watch cringe youtube videos (lol)

24 minutes ago, Butta said:

nothing, don't start with supplements to early since it costs a lot in the long run and you will feel worse without them.
You might progress slowly, but the key is to not lose motivation :)
Make pics of yourself every few weeks to check the results !

I used to watch cringe youtube videos (lol)

So, should I just get into the workout and lifting without a pre workout conditioning? Also, this will technically be my first time weightlifting and I don't know shit about the stances and how to do them properly.

4 minutes ago, Egyptian said:

So, should I just get into the workout and lifting without a pre workout conditioning? Also, this will technically be my first time weightlifting and I don't know shit about the stances and how to do them properly.

just youtube the exercises , there are plenty of guides. Just don't believe everyone, check multiple sources :)

1 hour ago, leoshiro said:

Where can I find "Student aesthetics"?

1 hour ago, Egyptian said:

Basic as basic.

Need help growing.

5'7-ish tops.

17 years.

I would say start with learning the olympic lifts. Get the techniques down for them and don't focus on how much you can lift but how well your technique is. From there you can get the basics for a lot of lifts. For example, you learn good squat techniques you can do front squats, hack squats etc. Again, on all your lifts focus on technique more than anything else. Hell, just do the bar if you need to work on your technique because once you start adding weight if you have a bad technique it won't do anything for you except injure you. From there start adding in additional lifts that target a certain body part so you hit every major muscle in that body part. For example, I do Monday Chest, Tuesday Legs, Wednesday Cardio and Abs, Thursday Shoulders, Friday Back, and Saturday Cardio and abs again. Do your research and find lifts that hit every part of your muscle group that you're working, there are a lot out there. And please please don't be the guy who goes into the gym everyday and does arms. 

And exactly what everyone has suggested. Count your macros. @leoshiro suggested a great site to learn how to do that and to calculate how much you really need to be eating. If you're having a lot of trouble dieting start by slowly taking out the bad things in your diet. For example if you eat fast food a lot, take that out of your diet, once you don't have a problem with eating fast food then take another "bad food" out of your diet until you get to the point where the only things you eat have nutritional value then it will be easy to start adding all the foods you need to eat to gain weight/muscle.

And I agree with what @Butta said, don't take any supplements at this point. You need to familiarize yourself with the lifts and techniques before anything else. Although, I do believe once you have good technique and you are comfortable with the lifts and you have a good diet (no fast food) it's not a bad thing if you introduce yourself to some supplements. Again, that is just my opinion and you'll hear different stories from different people. You do what makes you comfortable.

Sorry if it's a long read, just had to make sure I covered everything. Let me know if you have anymore questions as well.

6 hours ago, Kumbier18 said:

I would say start with learning the olympic lifts. Get the techniques down for them and don't focus on how much you can lift but how well your technique is. From there you can get the basics for a lot of lifts. For example, you learn good squat techniques you can do front squats, hack squats etc. Again, on all your lifts focus on technique more than anything else. Hell, just do the bar if you need to work on your technique because once you start adding weight if you have a bad technique it won't do anything for you except injure you. From there start adding in additional lifts that target a certain body part so you hit every major muscle in that body part. For example, I do Monday Chest, Tuesday Legs, Wednesday Cardio and Abs, Thursday Shoulders, Friday Back, and Saturday Cardio and abs again. Do your research and find lifts that hit every part of your muscle group that you're working, there are a lot out there. And please please don't be the guy who goes into the gym everyday and does arms. 

And exactly what everyone has suggested. Count your macros. @leoshiro suggested a great site to learn how to do that and to calculate how much you really need to be eating. If you're having a lot of trouble dieting start by slowly taking out the bad things in your diet. For example if you eat fast food a lot, take that out of your diet, once you don't have a problem with eating fast food then take another "bad food" out of your diet until you get to the point where the only things you eat have nutritional value then it will be easy to start adding all the foods you need to eat to gain weight/muscle.

And I agree with what @Butta said, don't take any supplements at this point. You need to familiarize yourself with the lifts and techniques before anything else. Although, I do believe once you have good technique and you are comfortable with the lifts and you have a good diet (no fast food) it's not a bad thing if you introduce yourself to some supplements. Again, that is just my opinion and you'll hear different stories from different people. You do what makes you comfortable.

Sorry if it's a long read, just had to make sure I covered everything. Let me know if you have anymore questions as well.

Don't apologize for the long read. The more the merrier. I noted this down and saved it in notes just in case I need to get back to it. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Tanged said:

ty reading now

5 hours ago, Oh_My_goth said:

Medieval torture machine that pulls your arms and legs.

Worked for me.  Proudly 5"9, used to be 5"7 when I was 15 years old.  I grew, you can too.  As to getting more body mass? Just eat tons.

Hope I helped.

where?

5 hours ago, leoshiro said:

ty