Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold

Why is the admin staff so inactive?

Question

After a brief discussion on the Tribot discord I decided to post this topic to hopefully bring attention to the inactive administrators of the forum.

This community used to be great. It was the hands down, go-to bot for almost 90% of oldschool runescape botters.

And it thrived back then. Active forums, active members, constant new members as well as content creators joining on a daily basis.

After leaving the community for 1.5 years and returning, I've noticed a disappointing change; Admins are no longer active, the premium script market is outdated with nothing new, half the premium script forum topics are full of people complaining about bugs and what not.

I'm honestly curious as to what changed and what we can do to make Tribot great again, are the admins not concerned with a competitor bot coming in and taking their customers?

We haven't had an update to the client in one and a half years, that is unacceptable for a paid bot. Request updates routinely go unnoticed, even with multiple comments and approval.

If you're going to charge $5 or whatever it is per month, you have to at least maintain pace of updates with your free competition.

I'd love to hear the remaining active forum user's thoughts and concerns.

@TRiLeZ @Usa

A good outline of the current situation was posted below by @godspower33

Admins are inactive which bottlenecks the community/script growth.

@TRiLeZ Is nearly never on the site or discord, only comes about when the site is down or a critical error is present (slowly though)

@Usa Is our most active admin, he is still not on that often, and pretty much manages the entire site/community by himself, plus only @TRiLeZ has access to the client/api so he can't do anything about it other than alert Trilez.

@Todd Is a complete ghost, have barely if ever seen him on the forums since I started using tribot.

A reasonable explanation for inactiveness would be nice. Also, like I said before, half if not more than the current premium scripters ARE in-active. I know that @TRiLeZ said they are waiting for a "certain update" however no that isn't the case, I looked through @Sphiinx list and checked out every rank on that list, and half if not more are inactive and come on the site once a month if none at all. It is sad to see tribot not even punishing these scripters for their inactiveness when it is clearly outlined in the scripters application that if they are inactive there will be consequences. Also allowing tons of non-functioning premium scripts to continue to be on sale on the repository is just sad. 

**if a mod would be so kind to move this to any other subforum besides this reddit clone that would be great

Edited by jimmyneutron

22 answers to this question

Admins are inactive which bottlenecks the community/script growth.

@TRiLeZ Is nearly never on the site or discord, only comes about when the site is down or a critical error is present (slowly though)

@Usa Is our most active admin, he is still not on that often, and pretty much manages the entire site/community by himself, plus only @TRiLeZ has access to the client/api so he can't do anything about it other than alert Trilez.

@Todd Is a complete ghost, have barely if ever seen him on the forums since I started using tribot.

A reasonable explanation for inactiveness would be nice. Also, like I said before, half if not more than the current premium scripters ARE in-active. I know that @TRiLeZ said they are waiting for a "certain update" however no that isn't the case, I looked through @Sphiinx list and checked out every rank on that list, and half if not more are inactive and come on the site once a month if none at all. It is sad to see tribot not even punishing these scripters for their inactiveness when it is clearly outlined in the scripters application that if they are inactive there will be consequences. Also allowing tons of non-functioning premium scripts to continue to be on sale on the repository is just sad. 

Edited by godspower33

8 minutes ago, gosubear said:

Maybe people get older and have an actual job. Since Oldschool isnt thriving as it used too. And other bot sites are also struggling with this problem. Of not enough revenue to keep scripters and admins active. Very few reasons to not have an outside life since botting does everything they need too. And quite frankly, This shouldnt be your primary source of revenue. You should actually be actively looking for a career in some sort of skyrocketting field. Would it be nice to have an active community again? Yes. Would it be nice to have the closure of admins keeping scripters on track with support and stuff. Sure. But this is not their career. These are just quick ways of making money. Just saying. If these scripters wanted too, they could make their own script to mass produce (if they havent already) gold farms and sell gold for a living. especially prices now. going anywhere from 1.24 - 1.45/m. Lets put our baby feelings aside and look at a bigger scale.

You're completely wrong on everything you pointed out except being older now. Yes maybe the admins are older now and have a actual job, however it isn't as if being active in a community that generates you a lot of revenue is hard to do. It is literally like logging on for 20 min a day while sitting at your computer in your house and posting or fixing stuff. This isn't mine or others (can't say for sure) source of money, however this is a paid service and we should expect regular updates and maintenance which there is not. 

Trilez takes 30% of all script sales, both premium and private which adds up to quite a lot, also he gets paid in 8$/month for VIP-E. Also about scripters being inactive, yes people move on with their lives and stop contributing however they should still retain their rank and status while not even contributing anymore. Let alone allow premium scripts of theirs to be for sale which aren't in working condition. 

Oh yeah, to add to that, you say Old School isn't thriving? yet it is thriving more now than it did on release back in 2013. You should check your facts before posting baseless facts on this post. Gold prices were .85-.95 for a long time and have just recently gone up to 1-1.15 due to raids being released into old school. Bottom line, we are paying for a service, we should get support and answers.

@Montreal As a response to what you said, the admins never come on the website literally ever. The stuff being done behind the scence supposedly is not meaningful when nothing is announced about it and no one knows except a select few. I know the "update" was supposed to be out last summer, however its half a year later and it still probably won't be out for another year. We have no proof Trilez is actively working on the client at all, there is easy client fixes/updates he could do. Such as Command-line support, would literally take 30 minutes, an hour tops for a seasoned programmer to write and integrate into the client.

Edited by godspower33
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Montreal said:

@godspower33 I'm not sure what you mean, the duties they do being "announced" here would not make much sense. USA should not announce every time he approves a script writer, increases a credit limit, approves a recovery. Trilez can't announce each DDOS he mitigates, hook he fixes, and update he works on. Todd can't announce each time he handles a PP dispute, etc. Publicly posting doesn't equate to being active, the small things is what the moderation team is here for :)

I'm aware that is what the support ranks are here for, however as i've said there is no active posting which leads to people thinking the worst. Trilez posting in the client update section "Updated/fixed bugs/errors in X hooks/areas" looks way better than zero communication. As far as what you said about Usa, there hasn't been a community event in years. The last one being 2015 santa claus which I don't even think he organized, pretty sure a mod did it. Also my scripter application even though it will be denied (which is okay) has been up for over a month without a final definitive answer when in the application guidelines it clearly states up to 72 hours (I'm not saying it should always be 3 days for a decision but he hasn't looked at it in over 3 weeks)

to put it mildly the current system is pretty flawed ... all a scripter has to do is get scripter rank then all they do is create their own private scripts and go public inactive to run their farms. Plus there has been no development for antiban so ban rates are too high for people to experiment with new scripts

EDIT essentially there is no money in it anymore like there use to be

Edited by Nodemaster

On 17/01/2017 at 4:43 AM, Montreal said:

@godspower33 I'm not sure what you mean, the duties they do being "announced" here would not make much sense. USA should not announce every time he approves a script writer, increases a credit limit, approves a recovery. Trilez can't announce each DDOS he mitigates, hook he fixes, and update he works on. Todd can't announce each time he handles a PP dispute, etc. Publicly posting doesn't equate to being active, the small things is what the moderation team is here for :)

When was the last major tribot update? Hooks I would imagine for an experienced programmer such as Trilez is kids play, unless there is a massive rs update.

Genuinely no one cares about pp disputes and such that happens when moneys involved. Paying customers want updates to the core  bot client and thats not happening enough straight up.

Cat got the cream and is milking it for all its worth now.

2 minutes ago, Montreal said:

@jimmyneutron It's easy to criticize when you base it only off of what you can see in public, but I can assure you a lot is being done behind the scenes you don't see. @TRiLeZ is always actively working on tribot behind the scenes, working on bigger, better things, updating to the best hosting servers possible, mitigating DDOS attacks, and much much more. Just because he doesn't post often, does not mean he is not always working on Tribot. Believe me, Tribot means the world to him.

@Usa Is also active, he handles many other administrator duties so that Trilez can focus on Tribot. He processes account recoveries, credit limit increases, organizes tribot events, and much more. Many of this is, once again, behind the scenes work that isn't easily visible to an observer.

@Todd Is also active, he handles some parts of the financial processing, is working on a project and coding other things for us, and doing a lot of other things.

So please understand they may not be posting every day or handling very small minuscule things, but they are very active behind the scenes and for the other things like disputes etc, there's the moderation team :)

See the thing is, without visible updates on what is coming, all of your fluff is meaningless. Customers are left in the dark and tribots been a joke as of late.

30 minutes ago, gosubear said:

Maybe people get older and have an actual job. Since Oldschool isnt thriving as it used too. And other bot sites are also struggling with this problem. Of not enough revenue to keep scripters and admins active. Very few reasons to not have an outside life since botting does everything they need too. And quite frankly, This shouldnt be your primary source of revenue. You should actually be actively looking for a career in some sort of skyrocketting field. Would it be nice to have an active community again? Yes. Would it be nice to have the closure of admins keeping scripters on track with support and stuff. Sure. But this is not their career. These are just quick ways of making money. Just saying. If these scripters wanted too, they could make their own script to mass produce (if they havent already) gold farms and sell gold for a living. especially prices now. going anywhere from 1.24 - 1.45/m. Lets put our baby feelings aside and look at a bigger scale.

I am older and employed, I like making scripts as it is what got me started in this industry and what thrives my passion for programming. I disagree that other bot sites have this problem, I come from the #1 competitor to Tribot and they may have an average lower quality script threshold but they do have impressive revenue statistics. 

Would it be nice to have an active community again? Yes. Would it be nice to have the closure of admins keeping scripters on track with support and stuff. Sure.

That is my point exactly, it would be nice and it is expected for a paid bot for Oldschool. As long as they are receiving income from this venture they started, they should at least be able to maintain it.

If these scripters wanted too, they could make their own script to mass produce (if they havent already) gold farms and sell gold for a living. especially prices now. going anywhere from 1.24 - 1.45/m. Lets put our baby feelings aside and look at a bigger scale.

This is another issue which is only hurting the community further, I'm not going to dive into it to stay on topic but it doesn't benefit new members joining the community.

TLDR Community says inactivate  Moderator says Active ;   I cant even buy credits with paypal coz i was flagged ? Admins did not even bother looking into it when there's clearly a massive problem that im not the only one experiencing.  The fact that some of us did not get the VIP-E Extension during the down time sometime back says alot about how things are being handled.

Again we are paying customers that are not getting the whole shabang .

And about Premium scripts becoming stale  : Yes and no, some scripters are more active and hands on, but recently the feedback ive given to some scripters seem to be ignored / not fixed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Montreal said:

@dantan To be fair, the community saying inactive are only doing so based on what they can see publicly. I can assure you they definitely are not inactive behind the scenes, or there would be no tribot :o I admit there is more we could do in the public light, and maybe we could be more open about what we are working on behind the scenes in the future. 

As for the PayPal, there isn't much to be done here. It's fraud prevention. It can be things like using a VPN, unverified PayPal, IP different then address on PP, etc. While it may be an inconvenience to you, the system does not to be in-place to prevent major fraud. We do offer other payment options such as stripe you could use, I am aware of BTC being down though. We are seeking alternatives to get it back up, but the situation is not as straight forward as it may seem.

If a premium script isn't working properly and a script writer doesn't fix it when you notify them, please open a script dispute so it can be addressed. This is something we definitely do not allow. However, suggestions are definitely up to the script writer to implement and we hope that many of them would.

As for paypal i dont know what youre talking about.

1.  Email verified
  2.  Business Account
  3.  Paypal Verified 
  4.  VPN - No

And still says fraud. FYI at the amount of people facing this we call it false positive, instead you should be more constructive rather than saying there isn't  much to be done.

23 hours ago, godspower33 said:

I'm aware that is what the support ranks are here for, however as i've said there is no active posting which leads to people thinking the worst. Trilez posting in the client update section "Updated/fixed bugs/errors in X hooks/areas" looks way better than zero communication. As far as what you said about Usa, there hasn't been a community event in years. The last one being 2015 santa claus which I don't even think he organized, pretty sure a mod did it. Also my scripter application even though it will be denied (which is okay) has been up for over a month without a final definitive answer when in the application guidelines it clearly states up to 72 hours (I'm not saying it should always be 3 days for a decision but he hasn't looked at it in over 3 weeks)

You said "Years" It is the beginning of 2017. It has been A year. If anything. Please, you seem very petty trying to complain over something. In all honesty, If you have such a problem with it and some other minor scripters are here complaining too. Might as well go make your own botting server, Because complaining really does nothing. If people still find it useful to use these bots, They will still buy it. Some of the scripts in here are updated regularly, Has very good support and even can be used to bot from 1-99 in certain skills. I know For a fact. @Worthy Zulrah slayer and contructor are both good scripts. @Tri magic/combat script is amazing. And all of Dax's scripts are also good. AND he also made his own webwalker. The community is not THRIVING but it is a close knit community. And in all honesty, Everyone notices these inactivity. We just accepted it and took it for what it's worth. I still enjoy myself with these scripter's script. 

23 hours ago, jimmyneutron said:

I am older and employed, I like making scripts as it is what got me started in this industry and what thrives my passion for programming. I disagree that other bot sites have this problem, I come from the #1 competitor to Tribot and they may have an average lower quality script threshold but they do have impressive revenue statistics. 

That is my point exactly, it would be nice and it is expected for a paid bot for Oldschool. As long as they are receiving income from this venture they started, they should at least be able to maintain it.

This is another issue which is only hurting the community further, I'm not going to dive into it to stay on topic but it doesn't benefit new members joining the community.

Good point, Congrats on having a job and making scripts. But there is a reason why YOU are not a Premium Scripter. And there is a reason why different people have different schedules with different jobs in different time zones. Congrats on trying to put yourself in par with someone else. But you just have to accept the fact that what i said it pretty true. YOU as a person or a couple people in a couple time zones with your own couple lives might not match up with certain players on the forums. You guys are complaining about them not being active when you yourselves have no proof they are not doing background activities. i agree on some notice on the stuff they do would be nice but like @Montreal says, you can not expect him to do it all himself. There are a lot of small fixes that can be possible and maybe he should give other admins more privileges in fixing those things. But once again, Montreal even says that TriLez loves tribot and if he loves tribot as much as i love my bike, I dont let anyone else touch or work but me.

I see where everyone is coming from. as @Montreal said the high rank staff are working to give us Tribot.

There are scripts where the writers have given up and just issue a refund. End of the day its all down to improving the community how you can and wish for the best!

Edited by zdogg

1 hour ago, dantan said:

TLDR Community says inactivate  Moderator says Active ;   I cant even buy credits with paypal coz i was flagged ? Admins did not even bother looking into it when there's clearly a massive problem that im not the only one experiencing.  The fact that some of us did not get the VIP-E Extension during the down time sometime back says alot about how things are being handled.

Again we are paying customers that are not getting the whole shabang .

And about Premium scripts becoming stale  : Yes and no, some scripters are more active and hands on, but recently the feedback ive given to some scripters seem to be ignored / not fixed.

@dantan To be fair, the community saying inactive are only doing so based on what they can see publicly. I can assure you they definitely are not inactive behind the scenes, or there would be no tribot :o I admit there is more we could do in the public light, and maybe we could be more open about what we are working on behind the scenes in the future. 

As for the PayPal, there isn't much to be done here. It's fraud prevention. It can be things like using a VPN, unverified PayPal, IP different then address on PP, etc. While it may be an inconvenience to you, the system does not to be in-place to prevent major fraud. We do offer other payment options such as stripe you could use, I am aware of BTC being down though. We are seeking alternatives to get it back up, but the situation is not as straight forward as it may seem.

If a premium script isn't working properly and a script writer doesn't fix it when you notify them, please open a script dispute so it can be addressed. This is something we definitely do not allow. However, suggestions are definitely up to the script writer to implement and we hope that many of them would.

@jimmyneutron It's easy to criticize when you base it only off of what you can see in public, but I can assure you a lot is being done behind the scenes you don't see. @TRiLeZ is always actively working on tribot behind the scenes, working on bigger, better things, updating to the best hosting servers possible, mitigating DDOS attacks, and much much more. Just because he doesn't post often, does not mean he is not always working on Tribot. Believe me, Tribot means the world to him.

@Usa Is also active, he handles many other administrator duties so that Trilez can focus on Tribot. He processes account recoveries, credit limit increases, organizes tribot events, and much more. Many of this is, once again, behind the scenes work that isn't easily visible to an observer.

@Todd Is also active, he handles some parts of the financial processing, is working on a project and coding other things for us, and doing a lot of other things.

So please understand they may not be posting every day or handling very small minuscule things, but they are very active behind the scenes and for the other things like disputes etc, there's the moderation team :)

Just now, Deluxes said:

See the thing is, without visible updates on what is coming, all of your fluff is meaningless. Customers are left in the dark and tribots been a joke as of late.

@Deluxes I understand that, but even without revealing much of what is coming, there is much more listed there in terms of duties the administrators fulfill. They most definitely aren't inactive. I'll see if I can get approval from @TRiLeZ to reveal anything else :P

• Like 1

• Like 4