Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

melli123

[Tutorial]Setting Up TriBot On CentOS

Did this thread help you?   23 members have voted

1. 1. Did this thread help you?

• Yes!
    • No you suck!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 posts in this topic

Hey guys since CentOS is a pretty common choice when buying a VPS and i couldnt find any guide here on the forums for CentOS i decided to make one :)

Hope it helps some of you out and if it did a Thanks would be nice :D

So lets start off.

First off we will need these two files:

Putty

UltraVnc Viewer

After downloading them lets get straight to setting up your new VPS.

1., Open up Putty and under "Host Name" enter the IP Adress of your VPS. (Make sure your Port is set to the default "22" and your Connection Type to SSH)

2., Click Connect, now a Command Prompt will pop up and ask you for the Username you wish to use. Type "root" and after that type in the Password you were sent by your VPS Provider. (Dont panic when no letters show up after typing)

3., Copy the following codes, paste them into your Putty (Paste Button on Putty is Right Click), hit Enter and wait for each installation to finish.

yum -y install nano
yum -y install firefox
yum -y install unzip
yum -y install vnc-server
yum groupinstall "XFCE-4.4"

4., Next up is providing the right settings for your VNC Server.

Type into your Putty:

vncserver
Now you will be asked to set a password, which will be the password you will later use to connect to your VNC Server.

After that:

vncserver -kill :1
And now for the important part.

nano /root/.vnc/xstartup
This will open up a Configuration File you need to edit.

Use your arrow keys to navigate to the bottom last line, which will say "twm &".

Completly replace this line with "startxfce4 &", then Press "CTRL+X", "Y" and "Enter".

After once again typing

vncserver

we can finally close Putty and connect to our VPS.

5., Open up the UltraVNC Client and in the "VNC Server:" Field enter YourServerIPHere:1, Hit connect and enter the Password you set earlier.

6., Start a Terminal Window on your VPS and type in

su -c "yum install java-1.7.0-openjdk"
This will install Java 7 on your OS and now your basically ready to bot.

7., In the Terminal Window now type

firefox
, this will open Firefox.

Head over to tribot.org and download the latest client to your Desktop.

Open another Terminal Window and write

cd /root/Desktop/
Followed by

java -jar TRiBot.jar
(Its absolutely important you mind the lower and upper cases otherwise it wont recognize the jar)

Now your TriBot Client should open, enter your user details, let it load up once, then close it again.

8., The final step, your almost done now ;)

Open your File Browser and head over to the root folder.

When first opening it you will notice that theres only the Jagex Cache.

What you need to is click "View", check the box for show hidden files and voilà you can acess you tribot/script folder where you can copy your Scripts to.

For any other questions or problems feel free to ask, hope it helps some of you guys out. This is my first Tut so excuse me if it may look abit bad structured.

I will try my best to add pictures as soon as possible. :shy:

1 person likes this

@M203x: Thanks :P

@Khanz: Well CentOS, is an OS and fluxbox simply a windowmanager :) If you want you can install fluxbox on CentOS too but i i always used xfce so i dont really know which ones faster, you could try though and tell me your results :D And about your first question, yes i do recommend CentOS since from my experience it is one of the least resource consuming Operating Systems out there, so it always has been my OS of choice

@Labrocca: Yes you can do that if you want to save a few seconds of time, but i prefer putting them seperatly since if any errors occur, you can check the results much easier :)

I did this, but i think i entered viewer mode not admin mode

grey screen/blackscreen ffs.

which step for you didnt work?

are you talking about putty?

Literally just set up my bot for me, did it quickly and was generally just a lovely guy. The tut 100% works, again thanks great guy.

Literally just set up my bot for me, did it quickly and was generally just a lovely guy. The tut 100% works, again thanks great guy.

Thanks and no problem :P

Unable to access jarfile. It doesn't install the java.

EDIT: Your guide SUX. Doesn't work at all. Used my brains and some google commands.

I click start script and nothing happens? It worked before but ever since I added the scripts to the file I added about 200 from m normal computer

ever since then it wont start up

@Kuriamas You cant even speak proper english, not to mention your problem is most likely because you messed up somewhere because of your own stupidity.

My Guide works as i tested on my own VPS and the Servers i set up for other people. Please gtfo my thread

@Lets Bet Seems to be a recent problem of TriBot seeing as quite a few other people are posting about it on Bot Help.

Your better off asking for advice there, seeing as i cant really help you out much with TriBot sided issues :/

Thanks.. Works Perfectly :D

ANYONE WHO SAYS THIS SUX is just plain stupid... i installed and ran EXACTLY how guide says.. on a FRESH centos server

Yes i can, i didn't messed anything. Maybe you messed something. *Debil ble*

Please can you just leave my thread? Its not like anyone understands what your saying, or even wants to understand it.

Instead of coming here and down rating/voting my guide maybe try to improve your english skills.

Need help

I am on the last step, but there is no "view hidden files" Not sure how to get to the directory, any ideas?

I get connection timed out on my server when I try to connect through vnc viewer. Any ideas? Everything worked before that.

@floydrix: Not quite sure which step your stuck on, did you not find your root folder, or did you not find the show hidden files option?

If its the 2nd one, all you have to do is look on the menu bar where you have "File" "Edit" "View" "Go" "Help, click "View" and then check the "Show hidden Files" Option.

And for finding the root folder, you need to right click on your Desktop then click "File Manager" and simply have a look for your root folder. :P

@joxmb: You tried it several times? Because maybe your VPS was having a downtime at that time. But if it still doesnt work try reinstalling VNC, by typing "yum remove vncserver" and then following all the VNC installing steps again :)

This guide worked great for me except for when installing vncserver it wouldn't work on my VPS for some reason but I figured it out eventually.

Anyways, I'm wondering if you can help me out. My vps was working great for a week and I was botting all the time. Now when I try to open tribot via terminal it tells me this in the terminal:

"Unrecognized option -

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occured. Program will exit.:

I don't know what happened, I didn't touch the vps other than checking on bots.

Edit: I have no idea what I did but I reopened terminal and tried it again it worked lol. Thanks anyways.

[16:56:22] TRiBot Loader Release 1.55 is up-to-date. [16:56:30] Attempting to launch TRiBot. [16:56:30] The java bin directory couldn't be found. Using the "java" command to boot TRiBot. [16:56:30] Error occurred during initialization of VM [16:56:30] Could not reserve enough space for the card marking array [16:56:30] TRiBot Loader has finished it's process, but some errors have occurred.

i get them errors is it my vps? or something else :/

@Jakee: Haha yeah sometimes i get random errors from TriBot too who solve themselves after abit of waiting lol, no idea what causes it either tho

@mattyw2k7: Are you sure you installed java with

su -c "yum install java-1.7.0-openjdk"
?

alright, I'm starting tribot with the console thingy:

[root@---------Desktop]# java -jar TRiBot.jar#################################################                                              ##        ## #   #    ## ### ### ##  ###        ##       # # #   #   # #  #  # # # #  #         ##       ### #   #   ###  #  # # ##   #         ##       # # ### ### # #  #  ### # # ###        ##                                              ## Obfuscation by Allatori Obfuscator v4.4 DEMO ##                                              ##           http://www.allatori.com            ##                                              #################################################java.io.IOException: No such file or directory        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)        at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:947)        at org.tribot.loader.Loader.l(m:128)        at org.tribot.loader.Loader.main(m:875)Unable to save startup settings! (3)java.io.IOException: No such file or directory        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)        at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:947)        at org.tribot.loader.Loader.A(m:247)        at org.tribot.loader.Loader.main(m:1085)

It's starts up Tribot fine, Logging in, and it gives me this:

[19:34:41] Starting TRiBot Loader.[19:34:42] TRiBot Loader Release 1.55 is up-to-date.[19:34:42] Attempting to launch TRiBot.[19:34:42] The java bin directory couldn't be found. Using the "java" command to boot TRiBot.[19:34:42] Error occurred during initialization of VM[19:34:42] Could not reserve enough space for object heap[19:34:42] Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.[19:34:42] Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.[19:34:42] TRiBot Loader has finished it's process, but some errors have occurred.

I did everything exact as the tut.

Edited by meranda

@meranda You need to lower your RAM usuage for the client (Before you login and where you click the Old School Client Box there should be a box for RAM.