Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RSMAN96

Can't understand CPU usage

13 posts in this topic

I have read threads here including TRIlez's and have trawled google and tried various things but I just don't know what is wrong. My CPU usage is all over the place when botting. It can go from 5% to 30 and back down in an instant. Not only that but I can only max out on 7-8 bots and a computer of my caliber should be capable of more. Yes I have used low cpu mode and put everything on the lowest possible setting. I have even used different botting clients and used different scripts to no avail. I am hoping someone may have a solution for this.

Specs:

16gb ram

I7 intel quad core 6700k

18 minutes ago, RSMAN96 said:

I have read threads here including TRIlez's and have trawled google and tried various things but I just don't know what is wrong. My CPU usage is all over the place when botting. It can go from 5% to 30 and back down in an instant. Not only that but I can only max out on 7-8 bots and a computer of my caliber should be capable of more. Yes I have used low cpu mode and put everything on the lowest possible setting. I have even used different botting clients and used different scripts to no avail. I am hoping someone may have a solution for this.

Specs:

16gb ram

I7 intel quad core 6700k

Are you using LG? I have a 6700 and I can get 15 bots without LG.

Spikes like that are attributed to either poorly written code or a very CPU-intensive method, more often the former than the latter.

Most commonly, I've seen people use for/while loops without any pause between loops, and that tends to cause a spike in CPU. There's tons of other things that could cause it though, so it's hard to say.

Java version, script, what it's doing when CPU spikes, LG/non-lg, computer specs, all come into play as well.

Just now, Deluxes said:

Are you using LG? I have a 6700 and I can get 15 bots without LG.

Nah man just injection. What is your CPU usage at 15? Perhaps I should mention this PC is only 2 days old.

4 minutes ago, RSMAN96 said:

Nah man just injection. What is your CPU usage at 15? Perhaps I should mention this PC is only 2 days old.

It's like 5-9% per bot

5 minutes ago, Adventure_Time said:

Spikes like that are attributed to either poorly written code or a very CPU-intensive method, more often the former than the latter.

Most commonly, I've seen people use for/while loops without any pause between loops, and that tends to cause a spike in CPU. There's tons of other things that could cause it though, so it's hard to say.

Java version, script, what it's doing when CPU spikes, LG/non-lg, computer specs, all come into play as well.

Yeah I understand that. It can be hard to nail it down exactly. But realistically I figure I should be able to at least run 20 or so?

2 minutes ago, Deluxes said:

only 1

How much heap space do you use? I always end up needing extra clients.

If using LG, don't use OSBuddy. Use the default RS client/browser. OSBuddy is a resource hog. I personally don't use LG.

Good rule of thumb for memory allocation is 300-500mb per tab.

Personal preference/opinion by the way, but I also wouldn't recommend using LG unless you have a large surplus of resources on your computer.

Edited by slavebotter

44 minutes ago, Duhstin said:

If using LG, don't use OSBuddy. Use the default RS client/browser. OSBuddy is a resource hog. I personally don't use LG.

Osbuddy with every setting turned off is actually quite reasonable. It's quite a bit less CPU usage then an internet client.

6 hours ago, Duhstin said:

all clients besides osbuddy have bugs when using LG on them.

8 hours ago, RSMAN96 said:

i have the 6700k aswell and able to bot on ~10LG

Try 512mb Heap size & put your client paint delay to like 70. (its in the settings once you open the tribot client)

1 person likes this