Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
exactrawr

Looking Glass & Proxies

Question

I like using OSBuddy and Looking Glass to try and mask my botting as much as possible. I have started to use a proxy as well, if i enable a proxy on the TriBot client. Will this then pass the proxy down to the OSBuddy client? Or will this stay on the native IP address as it was opened?

Any help greatly appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

  • 0
13 minutes ago, exactrawr said:

I like using OSBuddy and Looking Glass to try and mask my botting as much as possible. I have started to use a proxy as well, if i enable a proxy on the TriBot client. Will this then pass the proxy down to the OSBuddy client? Or will this stay on the native IP address as it was opened?

Any help greatly appreciated! 

It proxifies whichever client the Lg is linked with. A test you can do to be sure is: make a fake proxy on your proxy editor (random numbers) and enable it on your Lg. 

Once this is done try and open the world switch menu or login  - it won't work. Switch it to your normal proxy and it will!

Edited by yojoedude
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 minutes ago, yojoedude said:

It proxifies whichever client the Lg is linked with. A test you can do to be sure is make a fake proxy on your proxy editor (random numbers) and enable it on your Lg. 

Once this is done try and open the world switch menu - it won't open. Switch it to your normal proxy and it will!

Amazing... Just did this a couple of times and worked perfectly! So if I was to open TriBot and create a new RS account using that proxy Jagex wouldn't know my home IP?

Although creating a new account takes you through a browser so the account creation process would still go through my home IP? Is my thinking correct here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, exactrawr said:

Amazing... Just did this a couple of times and worked perfectly! So if I was to open TriBot and create a new RS account using that proxy Jagex wouldn't know my home IP?

Although creating a new account takes you through a browser so the account creation process would still go through my home IP? Is my thinking correct here?

Well its important you create the accounts on the same proxy you will run them on. There are several options of how to do this, the one I use is the use of a program called WideCap - Which lets you proxify any program you want (Osbuddy or Firefox) Or you can use maxthon browser and it lets you mask itself with a proxy (Havent used this personally)

I prefer WideCap because I like to run the bots through tutorial as soon as created, which you can do on firefox, but not maxthon (I believe)

Here a guide to proxys in general 

Lots of good info in here, along with a starter guide to WideCap!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
36 minutes ago, yojoedude said:

I prefer WideCap because I like to run the bots through tutorial as soon as created, which you can do on firefox, but not maxthon (I believe)

Does wide cap work with teamspeak? also you can play runescape on maxthon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, lets be friends said:

Does wide cap work with teamspeak? also you can play runescape on maxthon

Im not sure why it wouldnt work with teamspeak, you can try a fake proxy on teamspeak and see if it loads.
And thanks for lettin gme know about maxthon - I always heard it could load runescape? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
44 minutes ago, yojoedude said:

Well its important you create the accounts on the same proxy you will run them on. There are several options of how to do this, the one I use is the use of a program called WideCap - Which lets you proxify any program you want (Osbuddy or Firefox) Or you can use maxthon browser and it lets you mask itself with a proxy (Havent used this personally)

I prefer WideCap because I like to run the bots through tutorial as soon as created, which you can do on firefox, but not maxthon (I believe)

Here a guide to proxys in general 

Lots of good info in here, along with a starter guide to WideCap!

 

Awesome stuff... Just set this up with a proxy I bought and now have FireFox routing through that. Although Chrome doesnt seem to play ball with WideCap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.