Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

halli

RSGEOffer[] getOffers() question

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I currently can't test this myself so I thought I'd just ask.

This method:
"public static RSGEOffer[] getOffers()" (under org.tribot.api2007 -> GrandExchange)

has this description:

"Gets an array of grand exchange offers, both empty and existing."

Does anyone know if it returns the grand exchange offers even though you haven't opened up the grand exchange selection window? If so, would it work anywhere in the world?

Thanks for any responses :)

1 hour ago, Encoded said:

The GE window has to be open.

This is correct

8 hours ago, Usa said:

This is correct

That's strange because that has not been my experience when using the method. One of my scripts, without the GE open watches for changes in value of buying/selling items and does a collect say when then has been a 1m gp value change since last collect. The only time it opens the GE is when it is collecting/buying/selling.

14 hours ago, dr_ said:

That's strange because that has not been my experience when using the method. One of my scripts, without the GE open watches for changes in value of buying/selling items and does a collect say when then has been a 1m gp value change since last collect. The only time it opens the GE is when it is collecting/buying/selling.

Did you write the script yourself? If not, the script is probably using a different method of determining this.

7 hours ago, Encoded said:

Did you write the script yourself? If not, the script is probably using a different method of determining this.

Yes I wrote it, hence reference "my" script.

7 minutes ago, dr_ said:

Yes I wrote it, hence reference "my" script.

Just decompiled the GrandExchange class and it looks like it uses interfaces, I suppose the reason it may be working for me is when the bot opens the GrandExchange to perform a buy or sell the interface refreshes, I could have sworn that wasn't the case though. I assumed there were some settings that may have had the collection box information and the API were referencing those, the API really needs to be open-source so we can get a better understanding of what these methods are doing.