Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TRiLeZ

Downtime and Compensation

89 posts in this topic

As you all know, TRiBot has been down for the past few days, which I deeply apologize for. On Thursday I was performing maintenance on the server to increase its throughput, storage capacity, stability, and speed. The first road block which I hit - a minor problem with swapping the server's drive - led to having to temporarily route traffic away from TRiBot while I fixed the issue. This was only supposed to take less than an hour to fix. In the meantime I had to unfortunately deal with some home network downtime causing me to re-locate and work from elsewhere. On top of this, I had to factory reset my phone causing me to lose two factor authentication (2FA) info for many sites. While I was able to quickly recover access to most of the accounts which were protected by 2FA, some of them required a more lengthy process which is where most of the downtime occurred.

I've already ordered a dedicated hardware 2FA device to prevent the situation of being locked out again. I'm also working on implementing an auto-scaling, distributed computing network so that if one cluster server goes down, there will be others to take its place. This will be phased in within the next month.

Once again, the staff at TRiBot deeply apologizes for the downtime. To compensate, we will be extending all VIP/E and script subscriptions by 7 days.

Sincerely,
The TRiBot Staff

17 people like this

Ahh!! Finally! I've been refreshing every minute for the past few days.
I'm glad the site is up again :)

Edited by Straxer

2 minutes ago, Kissmeshitfaced said:

im on 0 vip days? O.o :(

Extensions are being processed at the moment. You'll be VIP again shortly if you were before the site went down.

welcome back again,

thanks for the extension's 

but is it normal that some of the scripts aint working because of the maintenance ?

30 minutes ago, TRiLeZ said:

As you all know, TRiBot has been down for the past few days, which I deeply apologize for. On Thursday I was performing maintenance on the server to increase its throughput, storage capacity, stability, and speed. The first road block which I hit - a minor problem with swapping the server's drive - led to having to temporarily route traffic away from TRiBot while I fixed the issue. This was only supposed to take less than an hour to fix. In the meantime I had to unfortunately deal with some home network downtime causing me to re-locate and work from elsewhere. On top of this, I had to factory reset my phone causing me to lose two factor authentication (2FA) info for many sites. While I was able to quickly recover access to most of the accounts which were protected by 2FA, some of them required a more lengthy process which is where most of the downtime occurred.

I've already ordered a dedicated hardware 2FA device to prevent the situation of being locked out again. I'm also working on implementing an auto-scaling, distributed computing network so that if one cluster server goes down, there will be others to take its place. This will be phased in within the next month.

Once again, the staff at TRiBot deeply apologizes for the downtime. To compensate, we will be extending all VIP/E and script subscriptions by 7 days.

Sincerely,
The TRiBot Staff

Thanks for the nice compensation, appreciate it! ^^

How can we know that you haven't been captured by Weath and his Jagex crew and are now being held hostage until the first 1,000 power famers have been exposed :dodgy:

Gota love a good conspiracy theory.

Thanks @TRiLeZ and thanks for ur Willow woodcutting Java guide it taught me all I needed to start scripting like a boss!

2 people like this

i paid for like a 20 dollar script thats only good for 2 weeks and lost 4 days worth. on top of that, i am vip..i am very displeased :(

Edited by billybob1
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, billybob1 said:

i paid for like a 20 dollar script thats only good for 2 weeks and lost 4 days worth. on top of that, i am vip..i am very displeased :(

Please read the post properly. Everyone who was VIP before the downtime or had premium scripts auths will have them extended by 7 days.
You should wait patiently while they are applied to all the accounts.

great :)

now just ask weath to extend our membership :lol:

edit: i bought a script for 3 months and it expires today, if i buy it again today (before the extension was applied) will i still get additional 7 days?

@TRiLeZ

Edited by NinjadGuy

How do you know if you received the compensation?

Doesn't look like anything changed for me.

@TRiLeZ Is there going to be a announcement? Due to what was said I was hoping there would be a big client update or something.

Thanks for getting it up again as soon as you could, however keep in mind that me and others have lost hundreds of dollars solely in service costs (servers, proxies etc), not including potential profits. I hope you learn from this mistake, so downtime doesn't occur again regarding future updates (etc like this coming distributed computing network update, which apparently wasn't pushed now). Always be careful pushing updates or changing settings that can mess up your users botting.

1 person likes this

When you gonna compensate those people that had their monkfish stolen?

Jk thanks for the update =) 

oh I thought i must have jinxed the botting scene by coming back ahah! glad its still up and running, thank you!

Im very pleased to see that you guys extend everything for 7 days ! Thats what i love about Tribot,they actualy care about ppl using it,great politics guys,keep up the good work!!