TRiLeZ

Downtime and Compensation

As you all know, TRiBot has been down for the past few days, which I deeply apologize for. On Thursday I was performing maintenance on the server to increase its throughput, storage capacity, stability, and speed. The first road block which I hit - a minor problem with swapping the server's drive - led to having to temporarily route traffic away from TRiBot while I fixed the issue. This was only supposed to take less than an hour to fix. In the meantime I had to unfortunately deal with some home network downtime causing me to re-locate and work from elsewhere. On top of this, I had to factory reset my phone causing me to lose two factor authentication (2FA) info for many sites. While I was able to quickly recover access to most of the accounts which were protected by 2FA, some of them required a more lengthy process which is where most of the downtime occurred.

I've already ordered a dedicated hardware 2FA device to prevent the situation of being locked out again. I'm also working on implementing an auto-scaling, distributed computing network so that if one cluster server goes down, there will be others to take its place. This will be phased in within the next month.

Once again, the staff at TRiBot deeply apologizes for the downtime. To compensate, we will be extending all VIP/E and script subscriptions by 7 days.

Sincerely,
The TRiBot Staff

• Like 18

30 minutes ago, TRiLeZ said:

As you all know, TRiBot has been down for the past few days, which I deeply apologize for. On Thursday I was performing maintenance on the server to increase its throughput, storage capacity, stability, and speed. The first road block which I hit - a minor problem with swapping the server's drive - led to having to temporarily route traffic away from TRiBot while I fixed the issue. This was only supposed to take less than an hour to fix. In the meantime I had to unfortunately deal with some home network downtime causing me to re-locate and work from elsewhere. On top of this, I had to factory reset my phone causing me to lose two factor authentication (2FA) info for many sites. While I was able to quickly recover access to most of the accounts which were protected by 2FA, some of them required a more lengthy process which is where most of the downtime occurred.

I've already ordered a dedicated hardware 2FA device to prevent the situation of being locked out again. I'm also working on implementing an auto-scaling, distributed computing network so that if one cluster server goes down, there will be others to take its place. This will be phased in within the next month.

Once again, the staff at TRiBot deeply apologizes for the downtime. To compensate, we will be extending all VIP/E and script subscriptions by 7 days.

Sincerely,
The TRiBot Staff

Thanks for the nice compensation, appreciate it! ^^

How can we know that you haven't been captured by Weath and his Jagex crew and are now being held hostage until the first 1,000 power famers have been exposed :dodgy:

Gota love a good conspiracy theory.

Thanks @TRiLeZ and thanks for ur Willow woodcutting Java guide it taught me all I needed to start scripting like a boss!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, billybob1 said:

i paid for like a 20 dollar script thats only good for 2 weeks and lost 4 days worth. on top of that, i am vip..i am very displeased :(

Please read the post properly. Everyone who was VIP before the downtime or had premium scripts auths will have them extended by 7 days.
You should wait patiently while they are applied to all the accounts.

Thanks for getting it up again as soon as you could, however keep in mind that me and others have lost hundreds of dollars solely in service costs (servers, proxies etc), not including potential profits. I hope you learn from this mistake, so downtime doesn't occur again regarding future updates (etc like this coming distributed computing network update, which apparently wasn't pushed now). Always be careful pushing updates or changing settings that can mess up your users botting.

• Like 1