Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helloworldlol1

Pathing for barrows

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

I was wondering if anyone has ever had any success with pathing in the barrows tunnels? DPathNavigator and PathFinding seem to be not functioning correctly at all. Thanks!

You can write custom paths for it.

Alternatively you might be able override the DPathNavigator's door cache in the tunnels with all the doors that have an 'Open' action. I think the override only works for findPath though, so you'll need to handle the walking yourself. I haven't tested this but in theory it might work.

26 minutes ago, laniax said:

You can write custom paths for it.

Alternatively you might be able override the DPathNavigator's door cache in the tunnels with all the doors that have an 'Open' action. I think the override only works for findPath though, so you'll need to handle the walking yourself. I haven't tested this but in theory it might work.

I don't think DPathNavigator detects any of the doors, which is the problem. I think it may have something to do with the minimap being blacked out and it thinks it's not in a loaded region, or something.

I definitely do not look forward to writing the custom paths myself haha.

@Assume @wussupwussup any ideas?

Edited by helloworldlol1

Also what does the areas parameter mean in this PathFinding method? Like certain areas of the screen or...? So far this has been the only method that produced a path when called in the barrows tunnels, but it stays in the region where it's enclosed by doors (AKA it doesn't open them). But at least it produced something.

public static boolean aStarWalk(Positionable position,
                                boolean minimap,
                                java.awt.Polygon[] areas)
Using A* path finding to walk to the specified tile. Stays within the specified areas.
Parameters:
position - The tile to walk to.
areas - The areas the path finding algorithm must stay in.
minimap - True for minimap walking. False for on-screen walking.
Returns:
True if the 'end' tile was reached; false otherwise.

3 hours ago, helloworldlol1 said:

Also what does the areas parameter mean in this PathFinding method? Like certain areas of the screen or...? So far this has been the only method that produced a path when called in the barrows tunnels, but it stays in the region where it's enclosed by doors (AKA it doesn't open them). But at least it produced something.

It's not that hard to write a function which walks an RS path, and opens doors if need be...

Every tile see if next tile is reachable. 

If it's not, then check for a door and open it, otherwise continue.

1 hour ago, Worthy said:

It's not that hard to write a function which walks an RS path, and opens doors if need be...

Every tile see if next tile is reachable. 

If it's not, then check for a door and open it, otherwise continue.

Yes you're right it's not hard to walk a path and open a door. I think the main challenge was just generating the path when half of the pathing classes don't work in barrows. I only wanted to see if someone had already wrote it before I did.

1 minute ago, helloworldlol1 said:

Yes you're right it's not hard to walk a path and open a door. I think the main challenge was just generating the path when half of the pathing classes don't work in barrows. I only wanted to see if someone had already wrote it before I did.

Only web walking should fail at barrows, the rest of the pathing/walking methods should work fine if you use them correctly

1 minute ago, Flamo353 said:

Only web walking should fail at barrows, the rest of the pathing/walking methods should work fine if you use them correctly

It's not that they're broken or I'm using them incorrectly, it's just I guess I kinda expected the classes would be able to generate the a path from me to the chest, and it would traverse it no problem as the only thing in the way are doors, which the classes claim to be able to navigate. While it still wasn't really that complicated, there's definitely something weird with DPathNavigator in barrows.

7 hours ago, helloworldlol1 said:

I don't think DPathNavigator detects any of the doors, which is the problem. I think it may have something to do with the minimap being blacked out and it thinks it's not in a loaded region, or something.

I definitely do not look forward to writing the custom paths myself haha.

@Assume @wussupwussup any ideas?

that's why you override the door cache, so it will use the doors u specify.

1 person likes this